This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top07-28-2007 01:01:01 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Re: Utena PlotBunny Adoption Services

But Mikage needs to be Zelgadis! They have the same voice. school-sherlock

(Which also means Touga is Rezo.)

Nanami would be Martina so long as Utena was Lina.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#27 | Back to Top07-28-2007 01:02:11 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Tamago wrote:

Imagine this: Nanami the Serpent, Shiori Inverse, Juri Gabriev, Kozue Greywords, Utena Wil Tesla Seyruun and Anthy Metallium.

emot-rofl I was thinking of writing an Utena crossover for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Juri = Link
Shiori = Zelda
Ruka = Ganon
Navi = An Utena Fairy
Saria = Saionji
Durinia = Touga
Ruto = Kozue
Impa = Anthy
Nabooru = Nanami

Realistically, though, Mitsuru would totally be Link. But then Shiori couldn't be Zelda.

#28 | Back to Top07-28-2007 01:14:37 PM

Raroy
Saionji Slapper

Maarika wrote:

Raroy wrote:

Utena gets drunk.  She then wakes up with Anthy in bed.

I would think it could be a humors fic.

emot-biggrin There's something like that. The SKU cast gets drunk and when they wake up next morning, everyone finds someone unexpected in their bed. It was hilarious.

Can you link that to me please?

#29 | Back to Top07-28-2007 10:39:39 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Shiori in drag would be pretty hot, I have to admit. But Ruka really couldn't be a good Ganon... I don't know about the rest of the cast though, I'm not a big Zelda fan so I never played any of the later ones.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#30 | Back to Top07-28-2007 10:52:11 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

ShatteredMirror wrote:

Shiori in drag would be pretty hot, I have to admit. But Ruka really couldn't be a good Ganon... I don't know about the rest of the cast though, I'm not a big Zelda fan so I never played any of the later ones.

Akio wouldn't make a good Ganon, either. No one would, really. He's just too much of the, "I'm evil because I can be," type. All the other roles I chose are pretty much color coded, anyway.

Juri would be much more suited to Nabooru than Nanami, since then Juri would get to live with all the other lesbians. (But that might make Shiori Ganon... Or the twin witches.) I'm willing to keep Kozue as Ruto, because it suits her. Drumani would totally be Saionji, or maybe Saria... It's hard to say who Impa would be.

#31 | Back to Top07-28-2007 10:52:52 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Ragnarok wrote:

How would the Movie cast react to the Anime cast if they met?

A sharp pain shot through Akio’s skull; the prelude of a hangover he was now obliged to enjoy for the rest of the day. At first he thought nothing, the miserable headache spoke for itself in a language without words that Akio was, admittedly, somewhat familiar with. A few moments passed and then he did think something. He thought, ‘But I didn’t drink last night.’
Akio opened his eyes so that he might blink in confusion. It was well after dawn, but above him a stunning projection of the night sky glittered and then lit up in a fire of greens and purples and blues. Aurora Borealis, the Northern Lights. ‘And I don’t usually leave the projector on overnight…’
More blinking. ‘Because I’m usually alone in the morning.’ He stretched his neck across the smooth leather of the armrest, arching toward the weight on his abdomen. It was too early in the morning and he was too hung over to be sure whose form this was without looking. The aurora blazed across the dome of his planetarium, filling the enormous room with a soft bluish light that made his skin darker, and his hair brighter. He lifted his head, following that brightness with his eyes, letting his hair lead him to the face of his lover. Silver, silver, silver…and more silver, straighter, shorter, and finer than his own, set against skin equally darkened by the pale light.
Much more blinking. Akio moved, and the head resting on his abdomen lifted. Bright green eyes looked up at him, obviously not expecting the question Akio was about to ask.
“What’s your name?”
The man looked hurt. “…Akio. Ohtori.”
“…is that so…”, Akio murmured, distracted by the swell of thought in his head. A grim realization starting to wrap itself in words in his mind, and the closer it got to being a conscious thought, the more Akio’s stomach sank. Sensing a threat, his mind rearranged priorities, and it suddenly became far more important to get rid of this man than to contemplate him. Relief, and then he looked at…Akio’s…face. It took not a second, and the corners of his mouth quirked up. He recognized a familiar expression, one he’d certainly never worn, but still a familiar expression. “…then, we are related.”
The man’s eyes went wide, and he shrank back, an excuse or an explanation in the back of his throat. Akio’s eyes narrowed and he reached down, catching the man’s jaw in his fingers, pulling him into a deep kiss that became their only point of contact as the man struggled onto his feet. Finally he had his bearings enough to pull his lips away from Akio’s.
For a moment, the room went dark, and then the shutters started to rise and the warm glow of morning filtered in, spilling across the man’s horrified face. Akio examined this imposter with a growing sense of satisfaction.
“I’m so glad you don’t mind, Akio. I don’t either.” White teeth. A devious grin. The man stared, bewildered, frightened, surprised, before bolting across the room, hurling himself unceremoniously through one of the high arches. Akio listened, and did not hear a premature crashing of flesh and bone. The man hadn’t landed on the Student Council’s balcony. Satisfied with this, Akio stretched, let his eyelids lower, and conveniently forgot everything about this strange affair.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#32 | Back to Top07-28-2007 11:07:46 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

etc-loveetc-loveetc-love

#33 | Back to Top07-28-2007 11:37:23 PM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

Raroy wrote:

Maarika wrote:

Raroy wrote:

Utena gets drunk.  She then wakes up with Anthy in bed.

I would think it could be a humors fic.

emot-biggrin There's something like that. The SKU cast gets drunk and when they wake up next morning, everyone finds someone unexpected in their bed. It was hilarious.

There http://www.fanfiction.net/s/292391/1/
They never finished it though.

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#34 | Back to Top07-29-2007 01:17:45 AM

Quiet Israfel
Saionji Slapper

Gio, that was awesome. Seriously. You should archive that for posterity.

Alithea wrote:
The Utena Musical spectacular- Sometimes when I listen to too much Cole Porter, or Gershwin I start to wonder what it would be like if Utena was done as a Broadway musical comedy. With big tap dance numbers and a chorus line. emot-keke I suppose it may just be my wish for a happy ending where everything works out and everyone ends up with someone. Even Saionji.... *grin* You know you would all kill to see Juri in a flashy suit doing wings and singing something like "I've Got Rhythm".

I would love to see a crossover fic of Utena and Chicago. Cell block tango with the Black Rose Duelists, anyone? Or what about Elisabeth, with Akio in the role of death and having free license to molest everyone? emot-dance

As far as plotbunnies, I always thought it'd be interesting if Miki and Juri stole each other's signature items (i.e., stopwatch and locket). I also would have loved to have seen someone write uselessmarks' request for one of the utenadrabbleathons, which would have featured a post-movie Juri and Miki in "a sarcasm-filled friendship, only light mentions of Shiori or Kozue, coffee and a camera." Always wanted to write it for fun, but never got around to it.

#35 | Back to Top07-29-2007 10:59:45 AM

Mai_Kanzaki
Ohtori Paramouri
Website

Maarika wrote:

Raroy wrote:

Maarika wrote:

There http://www.fanfiction.net/s/292391/1/
They never finished it though.

Uh the link leads to the Naruto stuff. I can't seem to leave it to get to anything else on FF.Net either....

emot-gonk THINK MUN-KEY!

#36 | Back to Top07-29-2007 11:21:51 AM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Gio, nothing I can say will properly express how I feel about what you wrote.

emot-aaa emot-rofl emot-dance etc-love etc-wankgirl

Close enough.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#37 | Back to Top09-02-2007 07:55:45 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

2 new storyline ideas

1/ What if Tsuwabuki wasn't causing all those accidents to happen to Nanami because he wanted to be like her Big Brother but instead because he wants revenge for when Nanami stole his kitten so she could give it to Touga and before he can ask for it back, she drowned it?

2/ What if during episode 39, Anthy tried to save Utena from her nobility by sealing her the same way she did to Dios?

#38 | Back to Top09-02-2007 08:32:06 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Tamago wrote:

2/ What if during episode 39, Anthy tried to save Utena from her nobility by sealing her the same way she did to Dios?

Oooo. In that case, does she collect princes?

WHAT IF THE ENTIRE SCHOOL IS POPULATED BY EX-PRINCES??? emot-aaa

Well I guess it'd have to be slightly AU, since some of the characters have backstories that would preclude it, but...

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#39 | Back to Top09-03-2007 12:11:42 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Giovanna wrote:

Oooo. In that case, does she collect princes?

WHAT IF THE ENTIRE SCHOOL IS POPULATED BY EX-PRINCES??? emot-aaa

Well I guess it'd have to be slightly AU, since some of the characters have backstories that would preclude it, but...

IF *Dios = God became Akio = Lucifer
THEN  *Utena = calyx (which protects the flower) would become Ukikusa = weed (which attacks the flower)

And because she is timeless, she could convince Ukikusa to mastermind the Duels and have the Engage fight with the Sword of Utena and maybe one lucky duellist will end up channelling Prince Utena... sounds like a cool story.

#40 | Back to Top10-10-2007 08:49:47 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

Utena Tenjou and her friend Wakaba Shinohara want to become music stars! When Wakaba's request, to join the popular new band Seitokai, is rejected and posted insultingly on their message board; Utena challenges Kyouichi Saionji to an impromptu guitar duel. Somehow defeating Saionji with her broken guitar, Utena becomes Himemiya Anthy's new idol. Bringing with her the Guitar of Dios, Anthy may just be the key to creating the newest hit sensation, and beating out Seitokai to a record deal with the Ends of the World music company.

However, even when it looks like the deal is set a new hurdle emerges from the shadows. Souji Mikage, operating from the theatre where one hundred musicians were said to have died in a mysterious fire, plans to defeat Utena with his experimental stylings. Can Utena defeat this master of mixing? Has her own dear friend Wakaba truely defected to the other side?

Girl Revolution
Guitar: Utena Tenjou
Vocals: Wakaba Shinohara
Piano: Anthy Himemiya

Seitokai
Lead Guitar/Vocals: Touga Kiryuu
Bass Guitar: Kyouichi Saionji
Keyboard: Miki Kaoru
Drums: Juri Arisugawa
Cowbell: Nanami Kiryuu

Black Rose Circle
Vocals: Kanae Ohtori
Synthesizer: Kozue Kaoru
Drum Machine: Shiori Takatsuki
Cymbals: Mitsuru Tsuwabuki
Backup Singers: Aiko Wakiya, Keiko Sonoda, Yuuko Oose
Sampler: Souji Mikage
Lighting and effects: Mamiya Chida

Ends of the World Record Label
Acting CEO: Akio Ohtori

And then the rest writes itself. emot-tongue

#41 | Back to Top10-10-2007 09:13:27 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Ragnarok wrote:

Lead Guitar/Vocals: Touga Kiryuu
Bass Guitar: Kyouichi Saionji

Holy shit, feed into that inferiority complex a little why don't you. emot-frown Can't Touga be lead vocals and bass? I mean...jeez. Poor Saionji. emot-gonk

#42 | Back to Top10-10-2007 09:52:59 PM

Tenjou_sailorsaturn
Someday Shiner
Website

OMG Ragnarok, THIS is interesting!

Somehow I fantasied this:

Utena and Anthy got married and led a happy life. Yet, one day, Anthy asked for a divorce. (You choose the reason.)

I couldn't help giggling to this ridiculous thought.

生命是奇蹟,但是為什麼生活是痛苦的?

#43 | Back to Top10-10-2007 10:46:48 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Giovanna wrote:

Holy shit, feed into that inferiority complex a little why don't you. emot-frown Can't Touga be lead vocals and bass? I mean...jeez. Poor Saionji. emot-gonk

If anything I would have had Juri as bass or lead and give Saionji the drums. But no! If Touga's going to have a band, he's going to make Saionji his bass. It cannot be any other way.

Tenjou_sailorsaturn wrote:

Write it? emot-smile

#44 | Back to Top10-11-2007 01:55:35 AM

Ashnod
La poétesse revolutionnaire
Website

Ragnarok wrote:

Giovanna wrote:

If anything I would have had Juri as bass or lead and give Saionji the drums. But no! If Touga's going to have a band, he's going to make Saionji his bass. It cannot be any other way.

Tenjou_sailorsaturn wrote:

Write it? emot-smile

Juri would SO not be the drummer. She's either singing lead or playing bass, I agree. emot-keke

Flowers without names blooming in the field can only sway in the wind. But I was born with a destiny of roses, born to live in passion and glory.

http://www.dark-kingdom.org/Gallery/osrgbanner.PNG
Hat Mafia Member: Little Dark Poet

#45 | Back to Top10-11-2007 05:45:30 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist

Ragnarok wrote:

However, even when it looks like the deal is set a new hurdle emerges from the shadows. Souji Mikage, operating from the theatre where one hundred musicians were said to have died in a mysterious fire, plans to defeat Utena with his experimental stylings.

I had a dream in which something very similar happened. Mikage burnt down a concert hall and got rid of a metalcore band in the process. It was odd.

Anyway, I like this idea emot-dance Saionji should play flute! Oh yes...flute. No phallic symbolism here! Nonononononono. Silly idea, honestly.

At times I wonder what would happen if the cast of Evangelion were to take a ride down Mikage's elevator. I suspect they would make terrific black rose duelists. And I just saw Sailor Moon R: the movie so now I think that Mikage and Fiore should get together. They already share the same seyiuu and would be a perfect match. emot-keke

#46 | Back to Top10-11-2007 06:17:40 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Ragnarok wrote:

Vocals: Kanae Ohtori

Kanae would make a very good vocalist because she can scream very well. emot-keke

Random plot bunnies. Take them if you want.

- Utena mythology. Basically, you've got all sorts of stories that are based around the creation of the world, so what if Dios created the world itself, but the SKU cast were the gods and goddesses that created everything on it? Ex: Juri AKA Amour created the princesses of the world that would love admire and love her from afar, but Shiori grew jealous of Juri's creations, and so she made Juri's perfect creations suffer by giving them feelings of jealousy. Ruka's solution to fix the problem is to give them princes that can save them, but it still isn't enough, nor is giving them emotions to go along with love and jealousy that can counter jealousy, such as friendship and adoration. The moral of the story? Every time you feel a negative emotion such as jealousy, blame Shiori, and the student council's inability to fix humanity once she fucked it up.

^ I got halfway through writing that a while ago before I decided it was a stupid idea. I wish that I was crazy enough to believe that that was really how the world was really created.

- Take the plot of My Fair Lady, but switch Henry with Ruka, Eliza with Shiori, and whatever that other guy's name was with Juri. Ruka makes a bet with Juri that he's a good enough fencing trainer that he can turn Shiori into an expert fencing in six months. It could totally work. (I want to write this so badly, but I know deep down in my heart that I never will.)

#47 | Back to Top10-11-2007 11:15:51 PM

wingedbeastie
Nest Boxer

Ragnarok wrote:

AWESOME MUSICAL UTENA

OMFG, DO IT  DO IT  DO IT  DO IT  DO IT  DO IT  DO IT  DO IT  DO IT  DO IT  DO IT  DO IT  DO IT  DO IT

Check out my: Twitter|Voice Over Tumblr|

#48 | Back to Top10-14-2007 12:44:34 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Random story idea.

It’s an Utena/Buffy the Vampire Slayer fusion. 

Obviously Utena gets to be Buffy. Nanami gets to be Cordelia, which means Keiko gets to be Harmony, in theory. I think Wakaba gets to be Willow, and Tatsuya gets to be Xander.

Place everyone else at your whim.

#49 | Back to Top10-14-2007 12:52:14 PM

Ashnod
La poétesse revolutionnaire
Website

Raven Nightshade wrote:

Random story idea.

Obviously Utena gets to be Buffy. Nanami gets to be Cordelia, which means Keiko gets to be Harmony, in theory. I think Wakaba gets to be Willow, and Tatsuya gets to be Xander.

Hmm, can we play with gender roles on this? You know, like saying Anthy is Angel?

Flowers without names blooming in the field can only sway in the wind. But I was born with a destiny of roses, born to live in passion and glory.

http://www.dark-kingdom.org/Gallery/osrgbanner.PNG
Hat Mafia Member: Little Dark Poet

#50 | Back to Top10-14-2007 02:44:20 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Ashnod wrote:

Raven Nightshade wrote:

Random story idea.

Hmm, can we play with gender roles on this? You know, like saying Anthy is Angel?

Do whatever you want with it and make it yours. emot-smile

Board footer