This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top10-18-2006 06:21:14 AM

Sey
Our Sicilian Prince
Website

Our Rooms or Living Place.

Let's start emot-dance

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/4494/foto0004qy4.th.jpg
This is my beautiful collection of manga and anime. In order, the DVDs are: Versailles no Bara, Shoujo Kakumei Utena, The Secret of Blue Water. There is also an action figures of Iori Yagami of KoF. I don't remember all the mangas.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/7721/foto0005yp3.th.jpg
I like art, and I like this one of Van Gogh, Cafè de Nuit. In future I will buy The Nightmare of Fuseli.

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/3076/foto0006st4.th.jpg
What is this? Well this is my bed! Any question?

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/6638/foto0007uq5.th.jpg
And this is my play station, with playstation! At the bottom there are Ranma's DVDs.

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5505/foto0008qe0.th.jpg

This is a present for Gio emot-biggrin all the DVDs, are they adorable?

I finish, now it's your turn emot-wink
Ah! The last photo...
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/1319/foto0009zn6.th.jpg
This is Puri Puri Chan, but you can call it  Iori(This is a long story)

Your lovely "That's Amore" IRG User.

#2 | Back to Top10-18-2006 06:37:34 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Re: Our Rooms or Living Place.

Sey wrote:

I like art, and I like this one of Van Gogh, Cafè de Nuit. In future I will buy The Nightmare of Fuseli.

etc-love Van Gogh. He is very well represented at the Metropolitan in New York. Yasha and I were totally etc-wankgirletc-wankgirl. (We didn't go see Starry Night. It's at the MOMA and most of the MOMA will give us headaches precious. Next time.)

I'm amused by the Eminem posters juxtaposed with the Van Gogh. I approve of your versatility. (But you're not going to get me to admit I have Eminem CDs on my computer, nope nope.)

Sey wrote:

What is this? Well this is my bed! Any question?

Why are you showing us your bed? emot-wink

Sey wrote:

This is a present for Gio emot-biggrin all the DVDs, are they adorable?

Augh the Italian DVD boxes look better than the American ones. emot-mad (That's okay, we all lose. The Japanese DVD covers are orgasmic.)

Sey wrote:

This is Puri Puri Chan, but you can call it  Iori(This is a long story)

etc-loveetc-loveetc-love KITTY. etc-loveetc-loveetc-love
Give Iori hugs for me. etc-love

I'm presently at work. (Obviously working very hard on my invoices and freight.) When I get home, I'll post pictures of my room.

Just a teaser: Akio's in there.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#3 | Back to Top10-18-2006 07:24:44 AM

UtenaFanGirl
Ballgoer
Website

lol my room isnt really my room..i got a little corner of the room only for the computer and thats about it

lol nice dvds

Chu chuu CHU!!!!

#4 | Back to Top10-18-2006 07:55:10 AM

Tenjou_sailorsaturn
Someday Shiner
Website

I think it would be funnier if I can see Akio on your bed! lol:grin:

生命是奇蹟,但是為什麼生活是痛苦的?

#5 | Back to Top10-18-2006 07:59:49 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Tenjou_sailorsaturn wrote:

I think it would be funnier if I can see Akio on your bed! lol:grin:

There would be absolutely nothing funny about Akio on my bed.

Although I would wonder how he got into my house, and whether he's already seduced my mother. emot-frown

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#6 | Back to Top10-18-2006 08:04:57 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I would take pictures of my room, but it's a horrible mess from moving and there are boxes everywhere emot-frown

I haven't cleaned them up since July emot-gonk

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#7 | Back to Top10-18-2006 08:06:17 AM

Tenjou_sailorsaturn
Someday Shiner
Website

Giovanna wrote:

There would be absolutely nothing funny about Akio on my bed.

Although I would wonder how he got into my house, and whether he's already seduced my mother. emot-frown

Well, of course, because you ARE Akio, the Ends of the Forum emot-biggrin (just joking, don't be offended)

For me, however, I would much more prefer to find Juri on my bed. I'd like to heal her wound from Shiori.

生命是奇蹟,但是為什麼生活是痛苦的?

#8 | Back to Top10-18-2006 09:04:05 AM

BakaElf
Miki Molester
Website

My room is an absolute disaster. ABSOLUTE DESTINY APOCALYPSE. Srsly.

Haha. Well, that and I have no camera.

I can tell you I've got a nice big shelf full of fansub VHS (mostly Sailormoon) and non-fansub-VHS (some Lodoss, some Sorcerer Hunters, the first season of Utena) and a handful of DVDs.

And then there's the manga. And the books. And the art supplies. And the DREAMCAST. 18" talking Jack Sparrow figurine. Pirate hat. Pirate flag. Unpacked boxes of stuff from when I moved.

LOTS OF CLOTHES EVERYWHERE.

And the walls are a light purple colour.

It's a terrible mess. emot-keke;;

#9 | Back to Top10-18-2006 09:07:05 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

If I had a camera, I'd take a pic of my bed too, but because I don't, here's an old photo of my kitty Puuzu:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/ … /puuzu.jpg
Meow!
We had to give him away 'cause it turned out I'm allergic to cats.

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#10 | Back to Top10-18-2006 12:50:35 PM

Sephigirl
Wakaba Wrangler
Website

Okay - I too have too much clutter and just mess! - it's the apt of hell!

And, were I to pull out ALL my friggin' anime/gaming STUFF - I'd have no room for anything normal.  Too many things and still buying more! 

Plus if I had all my anime things out - I'd scare any potential gentleman callers and most friends.  Oh and throw in my "life-size" cardboards of Darth Vader and G'Kar . . . 

Life - I need a life!

Thanks for cute kitty pictures!  I love kitties!  Miss my kitties - Why yes I am one of those potentially crazy cat ladies.  ^-_-^

Maybe I need to change my image to Touga and his kitty.  My favorite boy and a kitty - it doesn't get any sexier . . .  No ecchi thoughts there please!  *huggles cute kitty*

Only the broody ones need apply.

#11 | Back to Top10-18-2006 02:46:36 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Tenjou_sailorsaturn wrote:

Well, of course, because you ARE Akio, the Ends of the Forum emot-biggrin (just joking, don't be offended)

Calling me Akio is a very, very bad way to offend me. emot-wink I could live a couple lifetimes in his shoes. (Not that they'd fit...like at all.) But actually my custom title isn't supposed to say I'm Akio specifically. Think of it as me being Ends of the World and you all being Student Council members. Mmmm. Administrative power. Won't it get interesting when the forum president is elected?

Maarika, that's awful about your kitty. He's absolutely precious. etc-loveetc-loveetc-love
I'm allergic to cats too, but damned if that stops me from living with two! emot-mad (Besides, I'm more allergic to the rubber dust and mold at my job.)

Now for my superbland boring room.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q60/mrsakioohtori/Room01.jpg

Picture of Cleopatra? Check
Final Fantasy 7 wallscroll? Check (This one apparently would fetch a decent price, since it's obscenely hard to get.)

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q60/mrsakioohtori/Room02.jpg

I did say Akio was in my room. Not quite in the way I'd hoped for though. emot-mad (THESE COST A TON OF MONEY I DON'T RECOMMEND TRYING TO GET THE PROMO POSTERS FROM YAHOO! JAPAN)

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q60/mrsakioohtori/Room03.jpg

That's Death from The Sandman. etc-love My mostest favoritest comic EVER. Actually I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't read; it ain't Superman. It's a lot like SKU actually. The artwork gets absolutely atrocious sometimes but you don't care because the story and characters are that good. Also, Lucifer is in it. Also, don't get me (or Yasha) started on The Sandman.

Next to death is uh...Scarface. To tell the truth, I don't particularly like that movie at all. In fact I rather dislike it. In fact, just about every role Al Pacino has ever done rates higher in my books than that one. My owning a poster of it is a joke from when I started going to college. My mother's boyfriend pointed out that every single college dorm room has a Scarface poster. (Well every male one, but nevermind.)

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q60/mrsakioohtori/Room04.jpg

Lain. Lava lamp. Lush foot cream. The essentials.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q60/mrsakioohtori/Room05.jpg

Beavis and Butthead. etc-love (I've drawn Akio and Touga as those two. You'd be surprised/disturbed at how fitting it is.) Also Woodstock. emot-danceemot-danceemot-dance Also...my other kitty! This is Rijichou. He's lazy. Exceptionally lazy. Also when we got the kitten he wouldn't stop sticking in his face in her ass.

He's aptly named.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q60/mrsakioohtori/Room06.jpg

I said I liked Sandman right? That's him on the left. Dream. To be precise, that's him as envisioned by YOSHITAKA AMANO. That's right. etc-love The other two figures? Freud and Einstein. Damn I'm good. Underneath Dream you'll notice a purple palm leaf rose. I got it in Chinatown in NYC. Yasha got one too, but it wasn't the same color.
Also those are my books. My Tolkien books are under my bed, rest assured there are a bunch. I win at the Italo Calvino, Rudyard Kipling, and Anthony Bourdain. (So, so versatile.)

You might notice you can't see any DVDs. Those are in the living room with my computer. They're about as random as my books unless you know me very well. Then the trends get a bit embarrassing.

#12 | Back to Top10-18-2006 03:16:42 PM

Sey
Our Sicilian Prince
Website

Sweet room emot-biggrin
The library reflects your personality(for what I know emot-redface). I never see this poster of FF7, very very good. But I HATE Beavis and Butthead, they make me sad, you lost point Gio emot-mad However, you gained point with your lava lamp, but most important your foot cream  *_*
I want your posters, I can't find anything of Utena, even a small action figures emot-frown

Give Rijichou hugs for me. emot-biggrin

Your lovely "That's Amore" IRG User.

#13 | Back to Top10-18-2006 03:40:08 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Giovanna wrote:

http://ohtori.nu/forumstuff/gioroom/04.jpg

Lain. Lava lamp. Lush foot cream. The essentials.

Very nice.

I should take some pics of my walls and shelves... my most prized wall scroll is one of Rakka from Haibane Renmei. etc-love  Got a couple of small Lain posters too.  Now to get my hands on the nearest digital camera!

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#14 | Back to Top10-18-2006 03:52:43 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Sey wrote:

I HATE Beavis and Butthead, they make me sad, you lost point Gio emot-mad

emot-frown emot-frown emot-gonk

Mi dispiace!!!
I promise, that's the only instance of that kind of humor that I really like. Otherwise I'm a lot of Family Guy and The Critic and Frasier and Woody Allen. Beavis and Butthead just go back a long way with me. emot-frown

I'm sure the foot cream makes up for it. emot-wink

Imaginary Bad Bug wrote:

Very nice.

I should take some pics of my walls and shelves... my most prized wall scroll is one of Rakka from Haibane Renmei. etc-love  Got a couple of small Lain posters too.  Now to get my hands on the nearest digital camera!

Nothing gives a person away quite like their room. emot-smile But thank you, I loooove that Lain scroll. Oh god I love it. And Haibane Renmei? I cried. I think I'd just automatically feel sad if I had a wall scroll for it.

#15 | Back to Top10-18-2006 05:12:42 PM

BakaElf
Miki Molester
Website

Gio wins for awesome FF7 wallscroll, Sandman stuffs, and Lush. I etc-love Lush. Baaath boooombs....

#16 | Back to Top10-18-2006 06:21:54 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

While I have yet to find that disc that allows me to upload pics from my camera to my laptop which means that you won't get any recent pictures of my room (As cluttered that it is) but I do at least have a cute picture of my cat (my tubby buddy emot-keke) that I had for most of my life until recently. emot-frown  He was 16yo.

etc-love http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/spatulasama/sumo.jpg etc-love

His name was Sumo cos he was one fat cat when we found him.
He weighed at 9kg(about 20lbs) when he was at his heaviest so that tells you how big he was. emot-keke
Foods he loved most: chicken skin, bits of cheese, upmarket canned fish catfood (getting him to eat cheap catfood proved to be hopeless) and oddly enough he loved shortbread bikkys and chewing on Playdoh.
If you sat back on the recliners, instead of sitting on your lap like a normal cat, you would find that he would sit on your chest instead and considering how heavy he was for most of his life, that’s one hell of a load.

Last edited by Tamago (10-18-2006 06:22:39 PM)

#17 | Back to Top10-18-2006 06:51:10 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

THE CATS! THE CATS! I adore all of your cats so much. So cute. etc-love etc-love I miss my kitties.. I'm at my dorm right now, which is cheap and small and icky. But my roommate re-organized it and there's a lot more room now. My mom, sister and I just moved into an apartment recently, but stuff is still being moved around. (Because we're lazy bums. emot-mad)

But here's a few pictures of some of my stuff. And kitties. etc-love

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/5122/cell14bx8.th.jpg

Faerie statue (which is missing a wing ;_; ) and my cupcake crown. Version 2. I need to make a better model.. one day.

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/1871/cell3ce0.th.jpg

Squee. etc-love Or son of Squee. Squee was the weirdest most lovable cat we ever had, but when we moved in our Aunt's house for a while he ran away and then later.. the female cat across the streets had kittens. And thus there is Squee Jr. He acts almost exactly like Squee. emot-aaa

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/6497/cell7kw1.th.jpg

And this is Marty, one of our stray cats outside. I love the strays. They're always around, so it's practically like they're extra cats of our's. (and the people in the apartment next door) There's Marty who's a giant gray fluffasaurus, MitMit who's a tiny female bot-tailed cat, and Robin who is a black male cat who comes and goes and gets into lots of fights. He's my favourite. Such a gentle kitty. etc-love But he gets so scuffed up and I worry. emot-frown

..okay, I'm going to shut up about cats now.

Sandman! etc-love I need to finish that series. I'm on volume 8, and Delirium is by far my favourite. I definitely think most Utena fans would enjoy it too. emot-dance

Last edited by SleepDebtFairy (10-18-2006 07:06:41 PM)

#18 | Back to Top10-18-2006 08:23:44 PM

Shiranna
New Student

Following the trail of kitties, here's my wonderrful, too-adorable-for-words cat, Mr. Fei!
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/ … feifei.jpg

#19 | Back to Top10-18-2006 09:21:43 PM

Sephigirl
Wakaba Wrangler
Website

Final Fantasy 7 wallscroll? Check (This one apparently would fetch a decent price, since it's obscenely hard to get.)

I hope I did the quote part right . . .  emot-confused

Awesome - I only have the poster.  emot-frown

But I do have a very sexy wallscroll of Seph's face - gah!  Way expensive when I bought it many years ago - dread to think what it'd fetch now . . .

Only the broody ones need apply.

#20 | Back to Top10-18-2006 10:41:19 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

BakaElf wrote:

Lush. I etc-love Lush. Baaath boooombs....

Oh god yes. There isn't a Lush within five hours of me, so first thing I do when I get to Canada or New York City is hit the local Lushes there and stock up. Fair Trade Foot Lotion has done miracles for my hands and feet, and the ginger soap with ginger powder makes me very, very happy all over. etc-love AND SONIC DEATH MONKEY oh god smelling like chocolate. etc-love And and and and Ruby Red Slippers.

I could go on for hours. etc-wankgirl

PILES AND PILES OF KITTIES. etc-love etc-love

I'm glad to see we're all at peace with our inner Tougas. emot-wink

Sephigirl wrote:

I hope I did the quote part right . . .  emot-confused

It works like html except with [ instead of <. Like so:

Code:

[quote=Sephigirl]I hope I did the quote part right . . .  :confused:[/quote]

Hope that clears it up. emot-smile

Sephigirl wrote:

But I do have a very sexy wallscroll of Seph's face - gah!  Way expensive when I bought it many years ago - dread to think what it'd fetch now . . .

Just his face? I remember there being a door length scroll of the character design artwork. It showed up so rarely on eBay and such that I never got a chance to grab it. Probably for the best, it's bad enough I've got Akio posters... etc-wankgirl

#21 | Back to Top10-19-2006 01:11:17 AM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

Every week I "try" to tidy my aparment(empashis on try) only  to have it messed the very next day -.-.
I would show you pictures but the universe doesn't seem to want me to have a camera, if I get one it brokes or get stolen. cellphones with camera suffer the same luck

Giovanna wrote:

That's Death from The Sandman. etc-love My mostest favoritest comic EVER. Actually I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't read; it ain't Superman. It's a lot like SKU actually. The artwork gets absolutely atrocious sometimes but you don't care because the story and characters are that good. Also, Lucifer is in it. Also, don't get me (or Yasha) started on The Sandman.

My favorite too. etc-love There is not enough Sandman love in this world. Damn I  had the money for the absolute version I would buy it... even if I already have those volumes -.-

What I have in the big mess of my place are, clothes and fotocopies of books everywhere, a crate full of manga and comics, my computer and a tv. The important stuff is in my parents house because I never know when I would have to move again -.-

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1390/firmautenaji0.jpg

#22 | Back to Top10-19-2006 06:33:08 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

Shiranna wrote:

Following the trail of kitties, here's my wonderrful, too-adorable-for-words cat, Mr. Fei!
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/ … feifei.jpg

Awww etc-love Sleeping cats are so cute!

(maybe we should have a cat thread?)

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#23 | Back to Top10-19-2006 08:18:23 AM

azuresquirrel
Touga Topper
Website

Lots of Utena fans are cat people it seems! I'm not inclined to cats myself, but you guys have some very cute ones, particularly Rijichou. emot-smile

My current dorm room is nothing interesting. Closet, bed with tons of crap under it (including my anime DVD collection. The manga stayed home this semester). My decor is all purple and green, maybe I like Saionji even more than I thought? emot-biggrin

What few things of interest are the Halloween decorations (mostly my roommate's), my posters of Johnny Depp and the Simpsons while my roommate has various scans of Fruits Basket hanging up, a manga that we both love. Then there's my desk which is just covered with all kinds of books - Joyce, Stoppard, and Pratchett right now, not to mention the plastic pumpkin wearing a Guy Fawkes mask for my Halloween costume of V from V for Vendetta.

And also Jack Skellington is living on top of the fridge and Sally and the Corpse Bride are living the lesbian life on my bed. etc-love

Me on gender identity: "I have more gender issues than an anime character."

#24 | Back to Top10-19-2006 07:41:35 PM

BakaElf
Miki Molester
Website

Giovanna wrote:

Oh god yes. There isn't a Lush within five hours of me, so first thing I do when I get to Canada or New York City is hit the local Lushes there and stock up. Fair Trade Foot Lotion has done miracles for my hands and feet, and the ginger soap with ginger powder makes me very, very happy all over. etc-love AND SONIC DEATH MONKEY oh god smelling like chocolate. etc-love And and and and Ruby Red Slippers.

My closest Lush is an hour away, so it's not quite that painful, but I know what you mean.

We don't have Ruby Red Slippers up here anymore. ;~; Which is the most depressing thing because that's how I really got into Lush. A friend had a crumpled baggie of it on her desk when I was staying there for the weekend and I was like "WHAT IS THAT DIVINE SMELL?!"

My personal favourites are Karma (in anything) and the Black Pearl bath bomb~ And...oh...that massage bar with the little (azuki?) beans in it :3

Lush is definitely on my Christmas list...

#25 | Back to Top10-19-2006 08:33:09 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

BakaElf wrote:

We don't have Ruby Red Slippers up here anymore. ;~; Which is the most depressing thing because that's how I really got into Lush. A friend had a crumpled baggie of it on her desk when I was staying there for the weekend and I was like "WHAT IS THAT DIVINE SMELL?!"

I still have one because I've absolutely refused to use it. I also have the chocolate massage bar, but in retrospect I don't know why I bought it since no one's around to use it. emot-frown I hope it doesn't go bad and dry out...

I'm mad at Lush. NYC gets two Lushes and Miami gets zero. Then again, Lush doesn't really fit in with the Miami vibe at all...

Board footer