This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top02-19-2010 08:09:47 PM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

[AMV] Ah Ah (Utena movie cast/pairings)

The Utena movie is filled with "Ah Ah" moments as symbolism practically becomes a character of its own along with the rest of the cast... What do all the strange portraits mean? The billowing sheets? The drowning shoes and dying princes?! The butterflies, roses, and swords pulled out of hearts?!

A very enjoyable yuri-centric movie, that's what! Enjoy Utena/Anthy, Utena/Touga, Touga/"Father", Touga/Shiori, Shiori/Juri, Anthy/Akio, Anthy/Saionji, Miki/Kozue and anything else you can conceive of to these strangely ironic lyrics.

Anime: Adolescence of Utena (the Utena movie)
Music: "Ah Ah" by Bertine Zetlitz
Focus: Utena cast, especially pairings
Genre: Pop, Dance
Warning: Yuri alert, incest and rape insinuated

Find it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7AuLPlWUPg

#2 | Back to Top02-19-2010 09:11:15 PM

Tangerine Lieutenant
Wakaba Wrangler

Re: [AMV] Ah Ah (Utena movie cast/pairings)

Wow, good video quality!
Loved the music!
I almost forgot how nostalgic the movie can be. emot-wink

http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAJW7fydPMUlRMe9GCWXUi44-4Z2ing9qe4dCYDNbUQIKXWNCS8c5PYWjm89ce2jjIjxElMvo_CYmWERUA7mhPLIAm1T1ULZIfsYaDT5Tra_vIiG_UOMA4LvM.jpg

#3 | Back to Top02-20-2010 11:28:56 AM

purplepolecat
Atlantean Singer

I loved the flow of this video. The song, especially the chorus, was perfect for beat sync, and you really made the most of it. Great concept too, getting all the symbolic moments.

Are you using WMM for editing ?

We're here, we're queer, we don't want any more bears!
Honorary Hat Mafia Member
Now Playing: Bear Supply - "I Maul Out Of Love"

#4 | Back to Top02-20-2010 09:24:49 PM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

Thanks Tangerine - I felt nostalgic while I was making it intriguingly enough. emot-keke My fave part about the movie is prob all the 2 second glimpses of "meaningful stuff" that's more obvious in a movie that crams them in than it is in the more spaced-out anime.

And purplepolecat, ty re flow (which I really worked on yay), and yes in this video I only used WMM. I changed a while back to make my videos in Sony Vegas Pro 8 and WMM combined but I'm having a lot of quality issues - basically I can't work out how to save Sony videos in a way that doesn't make them laggy in youtube, and my old divx converter can't handle them either.

So I said screw it, threw up my hands, and returned to my WMM roots - at least temporarily.

Board footer