This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top11-17-2009 09:47:37 AM

Riri-kins
World's End

What kinds of drunks would the cast be?

You've all seen how different people act under the influence. Some are happy, some are weepy, and some are just plain mean. How do you think certain SKU characters would act after a few too many?

I think Touga would be everybody's best friend. Even beer wouldn't dull his charisma. Akio wouldn't let himself get more than a relaxing buzz. It'd be enough to show people he liked to have fun without preventing him from manipulating them.
Keiko, Shiori, and Kanae would be blabbermouth drunks who'd regret spewing their real opinions in the morning.

Saionji, on the rare occasion when he touched alcohol, would get morose and bawl to Touga about how he missed the old days. Nanami would be very weepy too.  Finally, I believe Miki would actually act a little like Kozue if he got too drunk. Maybe he'd blurt out something like, "You know wha', Himemiya? *hic* You're hot! *hic* There, I shaid it!"

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#2 | Back to Top11-17-2009 01:58:30 PM

winksniper
Qualified Duellist

Re: What kinds of drunks would the cast be?

Juri's could be something like...

"Y'know what Sh'ori..." *hiccup* "Fffuckyou.  Y-y-ya know, I gave you" *counts on fingers* *holds up hand* "this many years o' my life.  And ya know what'choo do?!  Ya smash 'em.  Inta millions o' piecessssz.  Ssso ffuck it, I'm done.  I don'need'joo."
*molests Miki*

#3 | Back to Top11-17-2009 02:06:37 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

I can't see Juri getting drunk in front of other people.  She'd sip her wine in the privacy of her own balcony, getting a numb, quiet kind of drunk that she later tries to occupy with bad tv sitcoms late at night.

EDIT:  AND RIRI YES SAIONJI IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOSTALGIC WHEN DRUNK.  LIKE AN OLD MAN.  ALL THESE WIPPERSNAPPERS AND IDIOTS.  etc-loveetc-loveetc-love

Last edited by OnlyInThisLight (11-17-2009 02:07:59 PM)

#4 | Back to Top11-17-2009 02:24:22 PM

Alithea
Dark Whisperer
Website

I don't have it anymore but the artist from Tswabuki's Opera Glass had a New Year's pic of the movie cast all standing around with drinks in their hands that I thought was particularly character appropriate. Miki and Juri were having pink champagne, Touga had a martini, Shiori was wasted and holding a mug of beer, Siaonji was drinking sake with his back turned towards the others. I can't remember what Utena and Anthy were having but it was a really cute and fun piece of fan art.

As for my thoughts on the matter.

I'm not sure Juri would ever let herself get too drunk and if she did she'd be the sort that got too drunk and immediately went from upright to passed out.

Shiori and Kozue seem like the sort of girl's you never want to take on in a drinking match. Kozue would be the grand master, but Shiori would be the sort not to back down when challenged drink the bottle of tequilla watch the other guy pass out and then go run into a bathroom to hurl.

Touga and Akio would remain their charming selves while drunk.

I'm not sure Saionji would be the sulky drunk in the corner. I think if he were drunk he'd suprise everyone by being very happy and lovely and then he'd break down weeping by the end of the night.

Miki would be wearing a lampshade after one drink, so would Nanami. They would be singing ABBA together and doing air guitar or piano.

"The only reason to write is to write for love. Write for passion. If you have the privilege of being able to write, then don't do it for any other reason." - Stephen Sondheim

#5 | Back to Top11-17-2009 02:42:28 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

Alithea wrote:

I don't have it anymore but the artist from Tswabuki's Opera Glass had a New Year's pic of the movie cast all standing around with drinks in their hands that I thought was particularly character appropriate. Miki and Juri were having pink champagne, Touga had a martini, Shiori was wasted and holding a mug of beer, Siaonji was drinking sake with his back turned towards the others. I can't remember what Utena and Anthy were having but it was a really cute and fun piece of fan art.

That is really cute. I think I may still have it somewhere....if I find it'll post it.

20 threads dead so far.

#6 | Back to Top11-17-2009 11:20:29 PM

Itsuke
Pathtracer

um....I don't know why, but I think Juri will take her clothes off if she's drunk.

#7 | Back to Top11-18-2009 12:02:52 AM

Arreat
Ohtori Paramouri

I can see now Anthy doing something to make Nanami get drunk and make the biggest ass of herself. Like probably waking up next to the Rose Bride in the morning. Or some random cast member.

Wakaba seems like she'd be a casual yet fun drinking partner, giggling over popular events, people, etc. Kanae though...it looks like she'd cry her soul out after a few drinks.

#8 | Back to Top11-18-2009 01:39:59 AM

Katzenklavier
Wondrous Sexual Eggplant.

OiTL: She'd sip her wine in the privacy of her own balcony, getting a numb, quiet kind of drunk that she later tries to occupy with bad tv sitcoms late at night.

Is it tragic that I just randomly stumbled right onto the description of my own sordid late-night existence? Except replace bad sitcoms with horrible reality TV shows that I watch merely for the numbing sensation and the glimpses into mass marketed carefully packaged multimedia.

Anyhoo.

Alithea: Shiori and Kozue seem like the sort of girl's you never want to take on in a drinking match. Kozue would be the grand master, but Shiori would be the sort not to back down when challenged drink the bottle of tequilla watch the other guy pass out and then go run into a bathroom to hurl.

This. Amazing.

What does drunkenness sometimes lead to? Sex. So, that's what I'll talk about.

Kozue would also be completely unrestrained in her sexuality, as opposed to her more calculated ferocity in her sober moments. She is a lustfully driven young girl, and the predatory Dionysian aspect would only grow stronger. Shiori, on the other hand, would wither in terms of her seductive approaches. Most of her sexuality is only presented in terms of her weak ego and her desire to have power over others. Thus, her libido wouldn't be stroked by alcohol, but her insecurities certainly would be. She'd be quite a morose little thing and an easy target for anyone with a seemingly kind word.

Nanami would be very very very attracted to the polar ends of miserable sadness and rage. I don't ever see her as a sexy or happy drunk. If anything, she'd be even more repressed or frigid. Saionji, on the other hand, might see it as release. Of course, he'll be into sake. It would be an outlet for his rage and sorrow, which would tie into his desire for romance. Contrary to dom!Saionji daydreams, I honestly think he's a lot more aroused by the idea of sappy eternal devotion than slapping around an aproned bitch. So he would be the gooey sobby emotional kind when not stabbing people.

Touga would be hedonistic as ever, but I could actually see him being more prone to wrath and frustration. It seems to boil under his surface occasionally, never being released. I could see him getting into violent sex while drunk. Only when intoxicated.

We must go forward, not backward. Upward, not forward. And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.

#9 | Back to Top11-18-2009 03:54:11 AM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Alithea wrote:

I have it!
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w96/RazaraNi/TsuPartyc2.jpg
Aww. I'd love to get drunk with Shiori. etc-love

#10 | Back to Top11-18-2009 10:48:21 AM

Alithea
Dark Whisperer
Website

Yay! Razara for the win! emot-dance I love this pic. etc-love

"The only reason to write is to write for love. Write for passion. If you have the privilege of being able to write, then don't do it for any other reason." - Stephen Sondheim

#11 | Back to Top11-18-2009 11:38:20 AM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Hey, Movie!Touga!  Hey!  Don't cha kow only Series!Akio is allowed to sip Utena-flavored beverages?

#12 | Back to Top11-18-2009 01:14:47 PM

winksniper
Qualified Duellist

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

Hey, Movie!Touga!  Hey!  Don't cha kow only Series!Akio is allowed to sip Utena-flavored beverages?

I didn't get that at first but then I thought about it and cracked up.  emot-rofl

#13 | Back to Top11-19-2009 08:21:47 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Alithea wrote:

I can't remember what Utena and Anthy were having but it was a really cute and fun piece of fan art.

Cute indeed!  etc-love  Anthy, of course, should be drinking a nice rosé with roofies in it and showing absolutely no ill effect.  Utena is harder; she seems like an inexperienced drunk to me.  She doesn't really want to be at the party in the first place, but once there she'd be easily peer pressured into drinking too much to prove she can keep up with the boys.  She'd probably end up like Shiori above, only with shots of hard liquor.  emot-keke

#14 | Back to Top11-20-2009 01:36:25 PM

winksniper
Qualified Duellist

Am I the only one who can definitely see Juri getting totally wasted in front of everybody?

#15 | Back to Top11-21-2009 12:12:53 PM

Duelist Megu
Ruthless Deflorist
Website

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

I can't see Juri getting drunk in front of other people.  She'd sip her wine in the privacy of her own balcony, getting a numb, quiet kind of drunk that she later tries to occupy with bad tv sitcoms late at night.

Agreed.  She is exactly the sort to drink to excess by herself at home, rather than socially.

Arreat wrote:

I can see now Anthy doing something to make Nanami get drunk and make the biggest ass of herself. Like probably waking up next to the Rose Bride in the morning.

Oh my God, somebody needs to write this up.

I have a distinct feeling for Nanami that with drinking, she'd be like David After Dentist.  Just messed up by the whole experience.

#16 | Back to Top11-21-2009 12:15:12 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Duelist Megu wrote:

Arreat wrote:

I can see now Anthy doing something to make Nanami get drunk and make the biggest ass of herself. Like probably waking up next to the Rose Bride in the morning.

Man, too tame.  You want to mess with Nanami?  Make her wake up next to Touga in the morning.

#17 | Back to Top11-23-2009 03:58:42 PM

Setsuna
Tragedian

satyreyes wrote:

Duelist Megu wrote:

Arreat wrote:

Man, too tame.  You want to mess with Nanami?  Make her wake up next to Touga in the morning.

^ This is just...
emot-rofl emot-rofl emot-rofl

I want to see that so bad as an added scene in the last episode of the series. After all the credits.

Last edited by Setsuna (11-23-2009 03:59:30 PM)

#18 | Back to Top11-23-2009 03:59:39 PM

Bluesky
Chpn Dlst
Website

satyreyes wrote:

Duelist Megu wrote:

Arreat wrote:

Or on top of. emot-biggrin
With Saionji next to them.

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#19 | Back to Top11-23-2009 05:21:08 PM

Arreat
Ohtori Paramouri

Tame?

How about between the Rose Bride and Akio.

Though the more I think about it... Nanami would go out and try to go do the impossible 'cow tipping' event.

#20 | Back to Top01-31-2010 02:44:55 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

EDIT:  AND RIRI YES SAIONJI IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOSTALGIC WHEN DRUNK.  LIKE AN OLD MAN.  ALL THESE WIPPERSNAPPERS AND IDIOTS.  etc-loveetc-loveetc-love

I was thinking more about him crying over his own childhood, but I like your idea so much more.  etc-love Saionji would probably blubber about how nobody says please and thank you anymore between glasses of tequila.

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#21 | Back to Top01-31-2010 03:54:46 PM

Aya
Unfulfilled Juror

Wakaba would transform into ulta-slut, and dance on tables. emot-rofl

Yes, I did it because I was bored. So?

#22 | Back to Top01-31-2010 06:51:08 PM

Katieryn
Rose Smilee

I don't so much see slut-Wakaba as hardcore flirt, beyond the type of flirting she would find comfortable when she sobered up. She and Utena are, in my opinion, super lightweights.

By contrast, Akio could drink God under the table. So could Anthy, if she tried, but I can't see her drinking more than a glass unless she needed to fake drunkenness for some plotty reason.

"If Utena was a novel, you'd be studying it in college." -- EM site info

We're patient for now, and we're patient for tomorrow, when the past will redeem all the toil extreme and all the sorrow.

#23 | Back to Top01-31-2010 06:53:27 PM

minervana
High Tripper

satyreyes wrote:

Duelist Megu wrote:

Arreat wrote:

emot-rofl

You know what Touga's reaction would be, right? "Was it as good for you as it was for me?" emot-dance

I'd like to see this too.

#24 | Back to Top01-31-2010 06:55:34 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

minervana wrote:

satyreyes wrote:

You want to mess with Nanami?  Make her wake up next to Touga in the morning.

emot-rofl

You know what Touga's reaction would be, right? "Was it as good for you as it was for me?" emot-dance

:ribbit: Just kidding.

#25 | Back to Top02-01-2010 12:05:44 AM

halleftw
Saionji Slapper

Katieryn wrote:

I don't so much see slut-Wakaba as hardcore flirt, beyond the type of flirting she would find comfortable when she sobered up. She and Utena are, in my opinion, super lightweights.

YES! So true. I can just see Utena stumbling about in a drunken haze after one drink as Wakaba tries to glomp her... but ends up tripping over something and collapsed on the ground in a pathetic, laughing heap.

Board footer