This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#101 | Back to Top06-28-2007 12:55:30 AM

Usagi
Tenjou Tilter

Re: Dreams

Most of my dreams lately involve me star gazing or playing chess.

K-9: Insufficient data

The Fourth Doctor: Yea, you never fuc*ing know the answer when it's important!

#102 | Back to Top06-29-2007 05:56:31 AM

Coco Melancholy
Framed Landscaper

Does anybody get narration in dreams, O.o I sometimes get narration in dreams??

For example, a voice over will start explaining events and crap. O.o

Person-wise: its either first person view or third person with me as someone else or I don't really note myself, like I'd wake up knowing it was third person, but I couldn't recall what I looked like exactly or the precise view of me. I usually swing between both first and third person in dreams. I'd love to be able to interpret dreams.

Last edited by Coco Melancholy (06-29-2007 08:09:41 AM)

#103 | Back to Top06-29-2007 06:29:14 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Usagi wrote:

And what about big upsidedown castles in the sky? emot-wink

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#104 | Back to Top06-29-2007 07:30:06 AM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

I had a bizzarre fucking dream. Something about pools, and everybody I knew in high school was there, and my best friend kicked me off a lader down about twenty feet to the pool below. emot-frown But there was no water. I didn't get hurt though.

And I still couldn't swim. If my brain is going to make me have weird pool dreams, why won't it make it so I can swim? emot-confused

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#105 | Back to Top06-29-2007 01:21:38 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I had my first dream about Kozue in a really long time last night. It was pretty IFD-ish, but ended too quickly for me to go into great detail. But beforehand Kozue was casually talking about sex with one of the forum members. How very IFD-ish, indeed. Come to think of it, I've had quite a few dreams like that over the past week. I had one with NagaxLina, oddly enough, and another with me and another girl, but I can't remember who it.

I haven't had any lucid dreams since the one I posted about in the Reasons For Being Happy thread, but I seem to be more aware of dreams in my dreams. Last night, while I was still dreaming, I was trying to figure out whether the incident with Kozue really happened, or if it had just been a dream. (I wrongly decided that it really did happen, only to wake up later and feel disappointed because it was a dream.) And the day before I had my first lucid dream, I was relating a dream that I had woken up from earlier that night with events that were happening while I was awake, except that I was actually still dreaming.

#106 | Back to Top06-29-2007 01:35:45 PM

Drukqs
Ballgoer
Website

I had this really weird one last night that I found Uma Thurman's dead body.  So I went to the police station, but when I showed it to the chief Uma Thurman suddenly was alive again and she said "It's all a lie.  I created this for you."  And then the station disappeared except for the people in and everyone turned into zombies.  Then I woke up.

What was weird though is that there was more to it I can't remember, and I felt like it went on for really long.  But I woke up and found out it was onyl 2 hours since I fell asleep.

Anyone else experience this strange time-distortion phenomena?

You can go to LJ, or tastysouls.deviantart.com

#107 | Back to Top06-29-2007 01:44:12 PM

Coco Melancholy
Framed Landscaper

Drukqs wrote:

What was weird though is that there was more to it I can't remember, and I felt like it went on for really long.

I get that aaaaaall the time.

Apparantly you experience dreams closer to when you're waking up.

I haven't had a dream in a long time. And also my question still stands if anyone else dreams with a narrator, I've had a few times but I don't know whether its common or not.

#108 | Back to Top06-29-2007 01:48:25 PM

Asfalolh
Knight of Gates

Coco Melancholy wrote:

I haven't had a dream in a long time. And also my question still stands if anyone else dreams with a narrator, I've had a few times but I don't know whether its common or not.

No idea if it's common, but I have had some dreams narrated in third person, in which I was "the main character" emot-tongue
But I have also had dreams in French and subtitled in English, so I tend to the rare spectrum emot-biggrin

#109 | Back to Top06-29-2007 08:37:53 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

I don't remember any of my dreams having narration. Most of them are too random for that sort of thing, I think.

I had a dream I was on vacation in London with my family, but I wanted to get to a cyber cafe or something so I could contact a friend who lives there. A bridge (One of these kinds) tried to crush us. Then I was in my room and there were people from the future in a flying saucer outside my window. They said I was going to do something that would mess everything up (something about cell phones, I think?) and there was a Terminator after me. But then another Terminator showed up to save me and they fought a bit without being able to hurt each other while I ran away.

I haven't seen those movies recently, I don't need Arnold Schwarzenegger in my dreams. emot-frown

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#110 | Back to Top06-29-2007 11:47:27 PM

Usagi
Tenjou Tilter

Giovanna wrote:

Usagi wrote:

And what about big upsidedown castles in the sky? emot-wink

Now that you've said that it'll probably happen etc-loveetc-love

#111 | Back to Top06-30-2007 02:57:33 AM

Coco Melancholy
Framed Landscaper

No idea if it's common, but I have had some dreams narrated in third person, in which I was "the main character"
But I have also had dreams in French and subtitled in English, so I tend to the rare spectrum

Dude.....you get subtitles O.o, thats coo~l, I want subtitles!

The narration I get is usally a voice over that explains the meaning of events or says a phrase that makes NO SENSE whatsoever. O.o I haven't had a dream like that in months though.

Ragnarok wrote:

But then another Terminator showed up to save me and they fought a bit without being able to hurt each other while I ran away.

That sounds the kind of thing I would do. "Coco! Quick! Ru- *blinks* hur?? emot-confused"

*note human shaped dust cloud left behind*

I have pretty random dreams, and I very rarely remember them, I usually get them in bits and pieces when I wake up, and I don't dream often, and well I haven't dreamed for aaaages,

except last night emot-biggrin

I defintely think its because I was reading everyones dreams in this thread since I haven't remembered a dream in a long while O.o

I was in some office like place with my mum and I kept going to the man at the front desk for some reason.

I died, so I was supposed to be a ghost I think. But somehow I went back anyway. The man at the desk said even though you're dead, you'll keep coming back here at 9:00.

He sent me to a waiting room and then from there to this dingy room, there were two heavy doors to go through and I literally screamed my head off at my mum because she closed one of  them. I had a bad feeling about this place, and since the door had no handle on it, I thought shit I can't get out, my mum was pretty much in her ditzy state of mind throughout the entire expierence, but I was on fire (metarphorically speaking emot-keke).

I noticed a couple was having a traumatuc time, something about tests and sperm, I looked around the grey dingy room, I'm not sure what other stuff I saw or figured but I came to the conclusion they were doing expieremental genetic engineering here, and that we had to escape.

We went to the doors and strangely enough, they were both open emot-confused

The second door was more of a challenge to totally open since it had no handle, but I managed it.

The doctor guy looked displeased we were putting our coats on to leave, I had earlier rambled to my mum to say ANY excuse, like, oh we'll be back, but we're just getting a drink, or oh, I have to go get my cigarrettes or something. Anything. I knew she had to talk because she was an adult and it'd sound more convincing, however she just prattled in some airy ditzy way about, I don't even know what and panicked and annoyed I interrupted and explained my mum wanted cigarettes.

We left and there was a massive crowd leaving as well. We joined it and when we got out onto the street we were in a place I know, though loads of buses that shouldn't be there were there all of them leading back to my old home, (I moved a year ago and I still don't dream about this house), my mum spotted the bus we needed to get on and we both walked towards it.........

but I thought 'we can't catch it', my mum said about as much, but the bus slowed and somebody was prolonging it from setting off. I gaped. There was a chance we could make it! We broke into a dash but before I could get there and then I woke up.

I have no fucking idea what it means, but du~de, I had a dream, and I was bossy in it!

Thanks for posting all your crazy arsed night expierences, they rock!

#112 | Back to Top06-30-2007 06:26:12 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

I had my first IRG dream last night, but I only remember a tiny fragment. Shattered and MercuryNin were going to the same college and had decided to room together. That's it.emot-confused

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#113 | Back to Top06-30-2007 06:58:58 AM

Usagi
Tenjou Tilter

I swear if I start dreaming of you people I'll be very weirded out!

#114 | Back to Top06-30-2007 10:06:46 AM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

On top of having a dream about Kozue after a long time, I had a dream about Shiori last night. I'm happy, since it's been a really long time, but the dream itself was kind of weird. It was based during the aftermath of Ruka and Shiori's first night together, and Shiori was like, "Oh, shit, why did I do this?" I blame this dream on my vector trace. Now that school's out, I've had dreams related to school every single night, which always happens while I'm on vacation. It's really annoying.

As for dreams being in third person, mine are usually in first person, though its like in a video game where you can adjust the camera angle. My dream with Shiori and Ruka was actually from Shiori's point of view, but I remember seeing her when she woke up, as well as Ruka when he entered the room. There's always a main stream of consciousness in my dreams that's like my own thoughts, but I'm not always myself during the dreams. Sometimes my dreams try to justify why I'm not myself. During my dream about Lina and Naga, I was Lina. Rather than just accepting that I was Lina, I thought that I was roleplaying as Lina, and that someone else was roleplaying as Naga, hence the reason why I looked like her. But in my dream with Shiori, I was just plain Shiori, and my mind didn't question that.

#115 | Back to Top06-30-2007 10:36:37 AM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

I had a dream about Shiori last night too! But I don't remember what happened. emot-frown Just something about her wanting a friend to walk with to school and some person advertising about it, I think...

#116 | Back to Top06-30-2007 10:36:42 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

I used to have recurring nightmares of being chased by dogs or large dog-like animals. I've never liked dogs much, and I've always been a bit nervous around the big ones. Anyway, A few years back, I was having my usual nightmare about being chased around the block by a dog, but at some point I stopped and looked back at it. It was just a dog, I realized. As it got close to me, it slowed down a little, but I was mad by then. This damn dog had been scaring the shit out of me for years, so I jumped on it and grabbed its front legs. At this point, the dog was trying to get away, but I just kept twisting it's front legs, until I could hear and feel the tendons snapping. It was just like when I used to carve chickens with my dad...then I think I turned into a giant robot and stomped the town...emot-confused

A little disturbing, but I've never had a dream of being chased since.

-Truck North

#117 | Back to Top06-30-2007 11:51:01 AM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

Last night I dreamt that my mom died. emot-frown It seemed so very real, I was terrified when I woke up. It really scares me because this isn't the first time I've had a dream in which she dies. I hope it's not foreshadowing! emot-frown

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#118 | Back to Top06-30-2007 01:37:10 PM

Asfalolh
Knight of Gates

That usually happens to me, too. But there's a superstition (I posted about it, I think) which says that dreaming about someone's death actually elongates their life seven more years. emot-keke
So don't worry about it! etc-love

#119 | Back to Top06-30-2007 04:20:20 PM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

I had a dream about a group of deranged people. One of them looked like he had the painted face of the Joker, but had a supernatural power, which while not that extraordinary, (Jumping high, nearly flying, animal-esque) seemed tainted with evil. All the others in the group were regular humans. I seem to remember the leader being a girl, about my age, but with the personality of Ma Barker!

It was almost if I was watching a news clip, of their secret hide-out, and the Female Leader handing a special mask to the Strange Jumping Creature. Like it was a medal of honor. At that point, I knew immediately where they were hiding, and had the urge to take the mask for myself.

The hide out was an abandoned warehouse. During the night, I found myself creeping through their lair, looking for the masks that the Strange Jumping Creature wore. In my dream logic, I knew those masks were what gave him the power to jump around like a flying squirrel, and I really wanted it for myself - even though I knew it might be sort of evil, I brushed those thoughts aside only intent upon getting what I wanted.

It was dangerous to be in that place, felt deadly. But soon, after winding through the sleeping bodies of the deranged people, I found the area which held the masks. I tried on the first one, which was just a black receding hairline spiked to a point - no good! I tried on the second, which was a bright NEON yellow bob - no good! Finally, I found what looked to be a Japanese Kabuki mask, if that's right - the white masks with the red lips, this one had multi-colored war stripes painted across the cheeks. When I tried on THAT mask, I was instantly able to do the Flying Jump.

I used the flying jump to hastily escape the area, while the entire group of deranged people chased after me. I remember them getting close to me only once, before I jumped away, close enough for me to hear the Ma Barker remark something that pricked my conscious because of how human, and like ME, the plea sounded. It was along the lines of, "Why do people keep taking things away from me?"

I felt bad. Almost enough to return the mask. But, I woke up. No chance. Sorry!!! emot-frown

dollface, I remember reading in psychology book that bad dreams are just the body working off the stresses of the day. Plus, your friend's situation probably brought the concept of death into the back of your mind. Put those two things together, and you'd have a reason to dream something like that. But no reason to worry! emot-smile

I once dreamed my Dad raped my Mom (behind closed door, thank God) and I loved both my parents dearly, and THAT certainly never happened (also, they were divorced) - but it was a horrible dream.

Last edited by Frosty (06-30-2007 05:04:37 PM)

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#120 | Back to Top06-30-2007 04:54:01 PM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

This isn't quite a dream, but when I was little I'd HAVE To count things in my dreams, especially when I was sick. For some reason I had this DIRE NEED to finish, but I never did, and i'd wake up and it would suddenly be so bright and I'd hear screaming and someone was shaking  me and I couldn't move.  (I used to have that sleep paralysis thing. emot-gonk )

Sometimes when I'm getting motion sickness I can FEEL like I'm sorta reliving part of one of those dreams, but I can't REALLY tell what it is. I can usually feel it in my hands. O_o

Last night I had a dream where I was on a train and met my idol inspiration type person. I stood there like eSLdighnvjdssj and we shook hands.

Then after the train took me to my creepy dream home made of doors, my little sister was everywhere. She wouldn't go away. She was like clinging on me and pulling at me and just talking about NOTHING nonstop. I tried to take a bath and she wouldn't leave... I ran to another house a ways away and she followed. I was in a rolling stool (like a chair but.. a stool.)  race back and I was playing the mandolin while racing back to The Flight of The Conchord's Bus Driver Song. I won, ran to the bathroom, and she was there!!! I grabbed her by the neck eventually and threw her out, and then as I got in I was rudely awakened by my father! may baaaattthhh....

#121 | Back to Top07-01-2007 10:51:17 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Edit As Of A Few Months Later: I dreamt that Ranthozyk was run over by an ice cream truck, but he was reborn as a zombie and took over the world. school-chef

Double Edit: Aww, it doesn't come up when you google it. Oh, well. That's what I should make happen in my next lucid dream. (After I run around in circles while flailing my arms.)

Triple Edit: Fine, if you're not going to refresh the page, then I'll be the one driving the ice cream truck... emot-gonk

Last edited by Razara (08-11-2007 07:05:55 PM)

#122 | Back to Top07-03-2007 01:51:27 PM

Usagi
Tenjou Tilter

I had a dream where I got my old high school sweetheart pregnant and I had to decide on marrying her or my current girlfriend.

#123 | Back to Top07-06-2007 02:48:01 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

I had a dream that Juri was a mermaid and was swimming by until she spotted another mermaid chick, with blonde-greenish hair (Kanae? emot-confused ) and they stared at each other's tummies and then started exchanging fitness tips. And then they started kissing.

Mermaids.. what? emot-confused

Last edited by SleepDebtFairy (07-06-2007 03:21:24 PM)

#124 | Back to Top07-06-2007 03:03:30 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

SleepDebtFairy wrote:

I had a dream that Juri was a mermaid and was swimming by until she spotted another mermaid chick, with blonde-greenish hair (Kanae? :confused) and they stared at each other's tummies and then started exchanging fitness tips. And then they started kissing.

Mermaids.. what? emot-confused

All's well that ends well, I say!emot-wink

-Truck North

#125 | Back to Top07-06-2007 03:17:10 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I had another lucid dream last night. I don't remember what made it occur to me that I was dreaming, since I was just hanging out with one of my friends in my dream. I tried to fly again, but then I remembered that I was supposed to spin around to make the lucidity last longer, so I tried that. But I couldn't fly, for some reason. Kealdrea says it was because I didn't believe that I could fly. I think it might be because someone on the forum mentioned that when they tried it, they could only hover for a few seconds. Next time I'll try to believe that I can fly.

I also dreamt that A-ko and B-ko were really ducks, in the same sense that C-ko is really a monkey disguised as a girl. It made perfect sense at the time. You know the part where C-ko is the ugly duckling, and a boy said that C-ko was a weird duck? The other ducks are really A-ko and B-ko, and the boy who said that C-ko was weird symbolizes them, because they said that C-ko was a good actress, but a little weird. The chicken who said, "A donkey, you say?" before C-ko reveled herself as a monkey symbolizes them, too. I was going to make a thread about it.

Then, when I woke up, it slowly occurred to me that that didn't make any sense...

Board footer