This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top10-02-2011 01:35:15 AM

Anthiena
Egghead

The Utena Shipping Wall

Using the Troll relationship chart, let us describe the relationships in Utena and beyond!

Kismesissitude:

Akio/Anthy in current day. Their love is just as much hate nowadays and they love to hurt as much as do that thing on Saturdays that we all know they do.

Akio/Trevor Goodchild of Aeon Flux - This would be such glorious, glorious backstabbing.

I stopped seeking to be sought after. That wasn't being true to myself.
I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Ikuni

#2 | Back to Top01-10-2012 02:21:46 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Re: The Utena Shipping Wall

Utena has a lot of conciliatory relationships.  She's Anthy's moirail, and Wakaba is Utena's moirail.  Utena auspisticizes between Anthy and almost everyone, particularly Kozue and Nanami, who would probably wax deeply caliginous for Anthy if Utena didn't step between them.  (I think it's fair to say that Utena is Anthy's auspistice first, and then becomes her moirail.)  When Utena touches on the concupiscent romances, it's always unrequited in one direction or the other: her mating fondness for Akio is unreturned, as is Touga's mating fondness for her; Mikage does not return her kismetic overtures, just as she does not return Juri's.

#3 | Back to Top01-10-2012 08:07:37 PM

Dani
IRG Messiah

Re: The Utena Shipping Wall

satyreyes wrote:

Utena has a lot of conciliatory relationships.  She's Anthy's moirail, and Wakaba is Utena's moirail.  Utena auspisticizes between Anthy and almost everyone, particularly Kozue and Nanami, who would probably wax deeply caliginous for Anthy if Utena didn't step between them.  (I think it's fair to say that Utena is Anthy's auspistice first, and then becomes her moirail.)  When Utena touches on the concupiscent romances, it's always unrequited in one direction or the other: her mating fondness for Akio is unreturned, as is Touga's mating fondness for her; Mikage does not return her kismetic overtures, just as she does not return Juri's.

Whoa. I'm having fun thinking about this. Totally agree with this, satyr!

Board footer