This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top03-09-2014 10:16:42 PM

crystalwren
Dark Whisperer
Website

Re: Tarot!

satyreyes wrote:

This is not a reading that counsels inaction, it's a reading that counsels against hasty action.  That's the position you're in now.  And then you have the Seven of Pentacles in the sixth position: a bountiful harvest, the fruits of patience, reaping what you have sowed and tended, awaiting you in the future.

That’s...quite accurate to the position I'm in now. My idea was to do a reading that covers the week ahead, but underneath that were some long term issues and problems that I've been mulling over. I've been speaking to a professional lately and her advice was for me to slow down and plan long term strategies as opposed to jumping in gung-ho and burning myself out and leaving more of a mess than when I started. When I read this spread in my amateurish way, my interpretation was to "hurry up and wait, plan ahead" so it's good to know I was on the right track. emot-biggrin Obviously, I've got a hell of a lot more to learn where it comes to the relationships of the cards to each other, though.

#52 | Back to Top03-10-2014 04:53:59 AM

crystalwren
Dark Whisperer
Website

Re: Tarot!

winksniper wrote:

I'm definitely gonna be one of those people who amasses a collection of decks, though.

Yes, me too. emot-biggrin So far I've the Steampunk Tarot by Barbara Moore and Aly Fell, The Manga Tarot by Selena Lin, the Tarot of the Imagination by Ferenc Pinter, the Enchanted Tarot by Amy Zerner & Monte Farber, and I'll be getting the Tarot of the Vampyres soon. I have an additional two, but they seem to be more pretty art on cards rather than a working deck: the Dark Tarot by Luis Royo, and the Clover Tarot by CLAMP. (Although between you and I, every time I put my ear to the Clover deck I hear a dozen tiny voices crying, "Avast ye, me hearties!" and singing sea shanties about rum. I'm not sure what this means...)

Board footer