This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top06-11-2007 12:29:31 AM

Persephone
Memorial Hollerer
Website

What is your real-life superpower?

Tonight when I was cleaning the kitchen, I had my psp tucked into my bra next to my heart, and for some reason every song
I wanted to hear on my playlist happened.
Like I started listening to Morningwood, and then wanted to listen to Angels and Airwaves. And it played it!
I wanted to hear I've had the time of my life by Bill Medley next, and it played it, then I wanted to listen to Feeling good by Michael Buble.
It played it!!!!

This isn't the first time this has happened, I was able to predict the next president without voting(and not even liking him), and when I was fourteen I was able to predict every song on the radio for a full hour.

So I think my super power is prediction.

What is yours and give us an example.

It's just time to be
sammy to the rasoodock.
And close up the business
of heart-related matters.

#2 | Back to Top06-11-2007 01:37:30 AM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

Re: What is your real-life superpower?

Every time I've ever made a wish (at least so far,) it's come true.  (I'm not crazy or anything, and I've only wished for something really really big a few times, and it ended badly.  I hardly even believe in it myself, and I wouldn't really care if one of my wishes didn't come true.)
I wished for a pair of shoes.
The next day, my roommate came home from her house with a box of old stuff that she gave me.  There was a pair of shoes my size in it.  (They're awesome, with flames on them!)
A person made me very mad and hurt, so I wished he would suffer.
Six months later he ended up suffering through everything he was mean to me about and said I was.
A lot of stuff like that... I could go on.  I'm very careful about what I wish for now.
It's so weird, my wishes have yet to fail.

Last edited by Iris (06-11-2007 01:54:41 AM)

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/IrisBeloved/piano.png

#3 | Back to Top06-11-2007 06:35:25 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

My super power is that people actually think I know what I'm talking about.  They won't actually do what I tell them or anything, but they tend to accept me as an authority on whatever I'm blathering about, even though I'm an ignorant fool.  I haven't quite figured out how to leverage this into world domination yet, but I'm working on it.

Oh and I used to have this sort of fry electronics aura, but that wasn't useful.  Fortunately, it seems to have gone away.

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#4 | Back to Top06-11-2007 07:06:35 AM

Asfalolh
Knight of Gates

Stormcrow wrote:

I haven't quite figured out how to leverage this into world domination yet, but I'm working on it.

emot-biggrinemot-biggrinemot-biggrinemot-biggrinemot-biggrin

My superpower: I tend to guess what questions will appear in an exam; I'm quite good at it emot-keke
And I usually pass exams for which I haven't studied with good marks. Is it a superpower or just a lot of luck?

#5 | Back to Top06-11-2007 11:10:53 AM

Alithea
Dark Whisperer
Website

I am the Disneyland Ninja. emot-dance

"The only reason to write is to write for love. Write for passion. If you have the privilege of being able to write, then don't do it for any other reason." - Stephen Sondheim

#6 | Back to Top06-11-2007 12:54:33 PM

hyacinth_black
une personne horrible
Website

My superpower is... uh... it's hard to describe... but, err...

emot-redface

I have a superhuman ability for psychoanalysis and for helping relationships.  For some reason, I can help just about ANYONE with their psychological problems, and I'm really good at mending relationships.

Which is weird seeing as I'm pretty fucking messed up in the head and I'm single. emot-frown

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/hyacinth-black/woops.gif
Hyacinth Black: Not much else to say, is there?

#7 | Back to Top06-11-2007 05:18:23 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

My superpower is being thickskinned

Usually when someone is insulted/mocked by someone bigger and stronger, many people try to make out that they were unaffected by the insults but when you look at them you can tottally see that their feelings were hurt despite their attempts at concealing it, thats why that approach fails as a rule.

But in my case its different, mainly because way more often than not, their insults insults actually mean didley squat to me and as such, it shows on my face which irritates them to no end.

The reason I can do this is mainly because more often than not, I hold people I see as fucktards in contempt and when you only feel contempt, their opions do end up meaning nothing.

#8 | Back to Top06-11-2007 08:46:14 PM

Scortia
Rose Bride

I think my superpower is that I always have this sensation when I meet some people... it's a sensation of "this person is full of shit".  And I've been right thus far.  Sadly I often ignore this feeling only to later be screwed over by said people.

Last edited by Scortia (06-11-2007 08:46:50 PM)

#9 | Back to Top06-11-2007 08:53:48 PM

Sevelle
Yaoi Pet #2

I have empathy? Basically other people's shit is broadcasted to me on off days. Woot- Fun stuff! Oh an aparently Ghosts don't like me!

emot-biggrin

sometimes you make me feel
like I’m living at the edge of the world
"it's just the way I smile"
you said

#10 | Back to Top06-11-2007 09:26:24 PM

Rushita
Rose Bride
Website

Superpower?  I can tell somebody personality by looking at his/her overall appearance or even a photo.

http://www.rushita.com/images/Logo6.jpg

#11 | Back to Top06-11-2007 11:40:18 PM

Personal_IceQueen
Covert Diarist
Website

super power....I have this amazing ability to veer my random discussions back into the conversation

friend: what the? what does a panda have to do with this?
me: uhm dont you think pandas have to deal with that too?

"Those shoes are mine betch."

#12 | Back to Top06-12-2007 04:59:44 AM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

Whee! Psychic powers.

And, Peresephone, I think it's called "precognition". emot-smile The ability to predict things right before they happen.

As for me, I'm not sure.. I've had some skills in clairvoyance (seeing things in an intuitive, supernatural/astral level kind of way), but I still need to develop it. The best example of it happening was when I was playing chess with my sister, and we were about to start another round, so she got one white pawn and one black palm and each of her fists, and switched them around behind her back before showing her closed fists to me so I could pick. As I was staring at her hands, for a few split seconds I saw through one of her hands, and saw the white pawn - everything else was very blurry. It only lasted a few seconds. I wanted the black pawn, so I picked the opposite hand, and there it was.

Of course, there's always a 50/50 chance of what I wanted to pick being there, but I'll never forget actually seeing through my sister's hand.

Second, I'm not that skilled in empathy or feeling emotional energies/impressions on places/items, but it has happened a few times. Especially at looking at someone's artwork.

I was going to some art shows with some friends, and at this one particular art show in the artist's house, I had a weird, creeped out, scared feeling every time I looked at his artwork. I just wanted to get out of there quickly for some reason. It was as if looking at the art of a killer. But the strange this is, none of the art was creepy or disturbing in any way.. most were models of people, some humourous, etc.. I'm not sure, though. I was just glad to get out of there. emot-frown

Now, if only to get these things to happen at will.. I've been meditating to increase these abilities, and have gotten a few visions through meditation, so I think my strong suit is clairvoyance.

Last edited by SleepDebtFairy (06-12-2007 05:03:24 AM)

#13 | Back to Top06-12-2007 02:45:37 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

1. I have dreams that foretell the future....as long as it's on TV.
2. I'm always right...when no one takes my advice.
3. I have a photographic memory....of things that are completely useless.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#14 | Back to Top06-12-2007 03:05:00 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

The power to confuse people. Ah, the look on people's faces when they start talking to someone who obviously has no idea who the hell they are, and then they realize that they're talking to someone completely different from the person they originally thought they were speaking to. emot-keke

I also have the power to come up with very random things at the spur of the moment.

*An example from real life*
Razara: "You see, making friends is a lot like shooting ducks."
Kealdrea: "What...?"
Razara: "It's like the Little Duck Who Could. You see, his friend got shot, and so he figured that he was going to get shot, too. So rather than doing anything about it, he just waited around, waiting to get shot, and he did."
Kealdrea: "What the hell are you talking about?" emot-gonk

(Translation: You can't just assume that people don't want to be your friend. You have to talk to them first.) Just imagine if Akio made up like metaphors like that... I have no idea why I thought of shooting ducks, but once I started talking about it, I couldn't stop. o.o

#15 | Back to Top06-12-2007 11:53:03 PM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

My power... is I am dense and indifferent.

I'm the person who goes to the dentist, the anesthetic wears off (anesthetic does nothing to me) and I just go 'eh... oh well.' and sit through them drilling into my mouth expressionless. Also works well when being yelled at. Just keep the same blank 'nnnf' face and it drives people crazy. ...Or when I stabbed through my finger, magically missing everything... Red Angel was freaking out all OH MY GOD OH MY GOD and I'm just like... I should clean this....

...And animals like me too much and I'm hideously strong. But those aren't as important.

my mother thinks I'm psychic, but I beg to differ.

#16 | Back to Top06-13-2007 08:30:03 AM

Rae
Black Rosarian

My superpower? I'm sensitive to negative ions. I can tell when electrical appliances are on from far away. Pretty useless but it saves electricity when someone forgets to turn the t.v. off. Oh, and I've also had dreams that foretold the future. I had a dream that a classmate walked up to me and told me he wasn't coming to school the next day. Guess what happened? These are pretty rare though and are usually minor things. I've never had anything big happen. They only come true if I keep it to myself. I guess Disney wasn't kidding when they said "a dream is a wish your heart makes".

#17 | Back to Top06-13-2007 12:20:05 PM

dlaire
A Whole Orange

I make disappear ink in pens- I must buy new immidately. No matter how long I have it- borrowed or new one. I must use pencils all the time.

I almost know what will happen in movie- I can see first scene and say: the murderer will be guy with mustache. It makes me dull and I don't like it.

Last edited by dlaire (06-13-2007 12:24:22 PM)

#18 | Back to Top06-13-2007 10:15:46 PM

Red Angel
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

allegoriest wrote:

stuff.

Your superpower is being a vampire.

My super power is being overly caring and a push over, even when I don't want to.
If a random person came up and asked me for something, I CANNOT say no.

And I cannot lie. I can try to say nothing though, but then I usually laugh. emot-frown

I can memorize things I really easily. You'd think I'd be able to save money on books, just go to the library and read them once, but no. It's just more fun to read it all again even though I know almost every line. emot-gonk I also read really fast I'm told. When I was little, I'd spend a longer time than the other kids reading something, and the teacher thought I was stupid until I told her the whole story without the book while she read along. Hmph.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u187/cherry_whispers/signature.jpg

#19 | Back to Top06-14-2007 03:49:16 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

I HAVE THE POWER... of calcium, mainly from drinking lots and lots of MILK! About 2L a day.

#20 | Back to Top06-14-2007 06:00:03 AM

hyacinth_black
une personne horrible
Website

JESUS! 2 LITERS???  That's a lot.  I drink near one half gallon every day and I consider that a lot.

ATTN ALL YOUNG(or not) LADIES! MILK MAKES YOUR BOOBIES BIGGER!!!

I'm a damn 36D.  36D!!!! I'M ONLY A SOPHOMORE!!!

#21 | Back to Top06-14-2007 07:37:11 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

hyacinth_black wrote:

JESUS! 2 LITERS???  That's a lot.  I drink near one half gallon every day and I consider that a lot.

ATTN ALL YOUNG(or not) LADIES! MILK MAKES YOUR BOOBIES BIGGER!!!

I'm a damn 36D.  36D!!!! I'M ONLY A SOPHOMORE!!!

If I recall correctly, 1 gallon = 4.545 litres so you drink a fair bit yourself, the 2L is an average, on some days, I can polish off a 3L bottle of milk in one sitting if Im ready thirsty and still feel like drinking more later that day so I have done up to 6L but thats rare, usually its between 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 litres.

#22 | Back to Top06-14-2007 07:41:13 AM

hyacinth_black
une personne horrible
Website

.___. o... I'm really bad at metrics.  And Standards.  I thought liters were bigger than they are.  When I think liter, I think big ol' seltzer bottle.  But, eh, I'm not too bright.

Anywho.  DRINK MILK CAUSE THE T TELL YA TO, FOOL!

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/hyacinth-black/6a00bf76d0a9b7438300c2252095a08e1d-.jpg

#23 | Back to Top06-14-2007 12:50:54 PM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

Today I tossed a shirt and pants in the dryer and when I checked on them later they were not only dry but neatly folded.

I think it's a sign that somebody out there is watching over me.

Hinotori made this post, and then went back and changed it later. Such is life.

#24 | Back to Top06-14-2007 02:29:47 PM

Kealdrea
Anthy Assailer

Stuff in my dreams tends to happen the next day, and sometimes when I randomly remember something I haven't thought about in a long time, it'll happen again.

Probably just coincidences, though. o.o

Jitsu wa hitode desu...

#25 | Back to Top06-14-2007 03:16:13 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Seems like everyone's power associate with dreams... Obviously, there's more to dreams than just wild crazy subconscious at works here :/
I don't have superpowers, but something's going on on the women's side of the family... Sometimes, my sister, my mom, and my aunts would have the same dreams of our grandmother at the exact same night. Our grandmother's long passed, you see... Maybe it's not so much premonition that our grandmother used dream as a link to bring them together for communication...
At times like this, I wished I was a girl in my family...

Board footer