This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top04-12-2010 12:16:08 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Re: Rosecon '10: New Orleans Option Discussion and Infotainment

Stormcrow wrote:

Oh no, Aug 12 is perfect for me. I wasn't meaning to suggest we should change the date, more lamenting that it wouldn't be sooner.

Oh, it wasn't directed at you specifically, it's more a general thing. emot-smile I'm on the verge of signing up for several international flights, and they're a pain in the ass to change after the fact...not to mention I wouldn't be able to anyway, as I'd be signed up for Mexico anyway. Although mind you, my flight into New Orleans from Cancun goes through Miami anyway, so I could always just jump off the plane and go stalk Yasha and Gio for a bit, school-devil

In all seriousness, though, I'm gearing up to start forking out cash here, so good times! poptart

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#52 | Back to Top04-12-2010 09:18:45 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

All right, it's confirmed. I'm in! So where exactly will we meet up on the first day? I propose that we all have at least one thing to do together each day. Like, everybody meets up for dinner at the same place and just hangs out with whoever they like during the day. That's off the top of my head, anyway.

I'm excited. It'll be cool to meet you guys! emot-smile

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#53 | Back to Top04-12-2010 10:11:13 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Riri-kins wrote:

All right, it's confirmed. I'm in! So where exactly will we meet up on the first day? I propose that we all have at least one thing to do together each day. Like, everybody meets up for dinner at the same place and just hangs out with whoever they like during the day. That's off the top of my head, anyway.

I think that sounds reasonable, because I'm sure different people will want to do different things anyway. But what WILL the first day be, officially? The Thursday, or the Friday? As I've said, I'm going to be in town from very late Monday (my current flight gets in at MIDNIGHT, I'm trying to get something earlier because I don't frankly relish the thought of attempting to get to a hotel that early in the morning on my own...). And with any luck we're going to have people staying at the same hotel(s) anyway, though I do agree we need to have a meeting place organised at some point. Hey, that reminds me -- at NYC RoseCon you guys had a picnic in Central Park, yes no? WE SHOULD HAS PICNIC TOO. school-devil

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#54 | Back to Top04-13-2010 04:18:01 PM

Frau Eva
Voodoo Queen

Hmmmm...I always thought that I'd be getting there with the first people there, since I'm organizing it and live nearby. But I don't think I could afford to come from Monday onward, especially since the people I'll be sharing the hotel with will likely not be there yet to split it...and the car fees....emot-gonk There will certainly be things for you to do all week in New Orleans, Clarice. I regret though that I will likely not be there to help you with them beyond general advice through an internet connection.

I was thinking of coming in that Thursday. The last Rosecon was about a weekend, yes? For those who can make it earlier than a weekend, I'll be there then. Since it seems like everyone wants to try and get their hotel rooms at a central hotel, that would indeed make meeting up easier. And sorry for keeping you guys waiting on the questions of group rates and media rooms. I'm getting knocked by finals and, the times I have called, the people in charge of sales are never there. emot-mad

Hat Mafia Member

#55 | Back to Top04-13-2010 04:41:56 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Frau Eva wrote:

Hmmmm...I always thought that I'd be getting there with the first people there, since I'm organizing it and live nearby. But I don't think I could afford to come from Monday onward, especially since the people I'll be sharing the hotel with will likely not be there yet to split it...and the car fees....emot-gonk There will certainly be things for you to do all week in New Orleans, Clarice. I regret though that I will likely not be there to help you with them beyond general advice through an internet connection.

I was thinking of coming in that Thursday. The last Rosecon was about a weekend, yes? For those who can make it earlier than a weekend, I'll be there then. Since it seems like everyone wants to try and get their hotel rooms at a central hotel, that would indeed make meeting up easier. And sorry for keeping you guys waiting on the questions of group rates and media rooms. I'm getting knocked by finals and, the times I have called, the people in charge of sales are never there. emot-mad

Oh, don't worry about me -- New Orleans is somewhere I've always wanted to go, so I'll get my hands on a guidebook and amuse myself no problem. I'm a bit of a traveller anyway so I can find my way around alll right, and I think Stormy might be coming in a couple of days earlier anyway? I'm not terribly worried about it at this point, and to be honest having a day or so to recover is probably what I'll need by this point. My tour in Mexico is go-go-go and if it's anything like my tour in Japan, I'll be absolutely knackered. That time I had a stopover in Singapore on the way home, and I spent most of that asleep. emot-rofl

Hotel details will be good, though; I'm trying to re-jig my flights so I don't get in at such a godawful hour of the morning, but knowing there's a hotel that will be able to check me in at that hour either way would be good. emot-biggrin Also, how far is the airport from, say, the French Quarter? I'd say I'd be needing a taxi at that hour of the morning...

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#56 | Back to Top04-13-2010 05:32:29 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

The last RoseCon was officially a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Although several of us met and drank heavily on Thursday also. If I do go, which I'd say is at about 80% certainty, and I'll know better in a month, I'll probably show up for four or five days at least, depending on how much room is.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#57 | Back to Top04-13-2010 08:22:38 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

I'll be there by Thursday for sure, but it might be earlier. Depends on several things, like whether my lady is coming with me or not. I should know more in a week or two myself.

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#58 | Back to Top04-18-2010 11:10:25 PM

jmie5
Precious One

I've been quiet for for a looong time on this forum, but holy hell-o, it is another RoseCon and the city of New Orleans, the closest my broke minored-in-French ass will ever get to France, aside from QC, which is a long story. emot-smile  I like this idea!! etc-love

I'm at a new job, so I don't quite have vacation time yet, but I'm going to work like heck to get to this RoseCon or to see that it's at least feasible.  Thank you for the heads-up, SexingTouga24/7/365; you know I don't pay attention when I should!

#59 | Back to Top04-19-2010 07:27:17 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

^ emot-aaa emot-biggrin emot-dance Well then, we will talk later; also there might be salamander along... If I can raise the funds.

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#60 | Back to Top04-21-2010 08:01:39 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Well, I'm on the verge of booking my flights to Mexico and New Orleans, so...you now offically have your first New Zealand delegate!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/dollwithnoheart/DSC03471.jpg

...I do have a picture of me actually in a New Zealand seat, but I look like a spaz. ...well, MORE of a spaz. This picture isn't exactly a spaz-free zone. emot-rofl

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#61 | Back to Top04-21-2010 11:08:20 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

BRING GANDALF!

Sorry I bet you guys are really sick of that by now. emot-frown

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#62 | Back to Top04-21-2010 11:19:49 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Giovanna wrote:

BRING GANDALF!

Sorry I bet you guys are really sick of that by now. emot-frown

Sorry, all I have are hobbits. Will hobbits do? They're quite handy around the house and garden. ...better than house-elves, anyway. We just have to lock them up on Guy Fawkes, otherwise they get into things and annoy the fire service. emot-frown

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#63 | Back to Top04-22-2010 12:47:28 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

DOUBLEPOST FOR GREAT JUSTICE -- I have paid my airfares. IT'S ON, BITCHES. emot-danceemot-danceemot-danceemot-dance ...and if y'all pull out on me, I suppose I'll have to rent a car AND HUNT YOU ALL DOWN. school-devil

...or just drive to New York and back for a laugh, I dunno. emot-biggrin

By the way, I am coming into New Orleans on the ninth, which is Monday -- I get in probably mid-afternoon, by the time I clear customs and find my way to the hotel. Therefore, I expect I'll probably be on my own for a couple of nights, but if anyone wants to split a room when they turn up, let me know. My flight out to Los Angeles leaves New Orleans on the Sunday around seven that night. etc-love

Last edited by Clarice (04-22-2010 12:49:15 AM)

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#64 | Back to Top04-22-2010 01:48:27 PM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

I so wish I could go!  I always feel like there will be other chances to meet the North American lot of us, but with Clarice, it's not so easy.  Unfortunately, I've already reserved my cottage in Kentucky a week or two after RoseCon.  And I really do need a "get away and just relax" vacation this year. emot-frown

#65 | Back to Top04-23-2010 12:05:30 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Mylene wrote:

I so wish I could go!  I always feel like there will be other chances to meet the North American lot of us, but with Clarice, it's not so easy.  Unfortunately, I've already reserved my cottage in Kentucky a week or two after RoseCon.  And I really do need a "get away and just relax" vacation this year. emot-frown

Don't worry -- you already know that I wander around a bit, so chances are high I'll be back in the States at some point in the next couple of years. I've never been to New York, San Fran or Washington D.C., so I do need to come back to see at least those places...so I'm sure we'll meet one day! emot-dance

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#66 | Back to Top04-23-2010 11:07:47 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

Perhaps someday we can do an exchange of visiting/ slight hosting in cool places. I live in the Washington DC area and you'll probably live in some place I want to visit; if you move by that time. We could give each other native slightly off the beaten path tours.
I totally want the hobbits if they will clean the house; also I'll take some of the random cute men with sexy accents.

Last edited by SexingTouga24/7/365 (04-23-2010 11:08:45 PM)

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#67 | Back to Top04-23-2010 11:46:05 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

SexingTouga24/7/365 wrote:

Perhaps someday we can do an exchange of visiting/ slight hosting in cool places. I live in the Washington DC area and you'll probably live in some place I want to visit; if you move by that time. We could give each other native slightly off the beaten path tours.
I totally want the hobbits if they will clean the house; also I'll take some of the random cute men with sexy accents.

Ha, if anyone wants to try trekking over to New Zealand, I may or may not be here in the future. XD I'm considering moving back to England for a year next year, but I haven't really decided...although if I'm in England, I'm all for trying for a EuroRoseCon at some point. emot-dance (Of course I'd likely recommend it be somewhere not England, but that's just because I'll take any excuse to get to Paris...) If I don't go back to England, which I'll make a decision about sometime in the next few months, after RoseCon I'll likely be in Wellington. And everything you need to know about Wellington is in this vid. emot-biggrin

But yeah, I think as we go along we can work out some more neat things to do for RoseCon. Right now, I'm just looking forward to getting soused in New Orleans and looking for vampires WHO DON'T SPARKLE. emot-rofl

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#68 | Back to Top04-24-2010 05:45:40 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

This sounds fun, I hope that I can make it. I hope that my temp job renews my contract so I can afford it. After all I did promise to buy folks a drink and I really want to see this city. Wish me luck.

Wellington & Australia ahoy.

#69 | Back to Top04-25-2010 03:51:59 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

Aaack, I'm planning on arriving Friday evening. That's the only good time for me. Maybe I can make it in the afternoon. I'll see.

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#70 | Back to Top04-25-2010 07:17:37 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Riri-kins wrote:

Aaack, I'm planning on arriving Friday evening. That's the only good time for me. Maybe I can make it in the afternoon. I'll see.

Ha ha, if you come in the evening, don't worry, I'm sure we'll just keep you up all night. XD

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#71 | Back to Top04-25-2010 09:47:33 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Yah don't worry about sleeping any. That doesn't happen during RoseCon. emot-smile

#72 | Back to Top04-26-2010 12:21:11 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Giovanna wrote:

Yah don't worry about sleeping any. That doesn't happen during RoseCon. emot-smile

Ha ha, yeah, seeing as I'm there the longest (so far), I'm expecting people to rock on up and say YO CLARICE YOU'VE BEEN AROUND WHERE'S GOOD EATIN'/DRINKIN'? and my answer will be ER BEEN SLEEPIN' AND NOT IN THE GOOD WAY. emot-rofl I'll need my sleep to recover from Mexico AND prepare for RoseCon. school-devil

And Sexing, I hope you can make it! etc-love

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#73 | Back to Top04-26-2010 12:37:27 AM

Syora
Presidential Accoster

Giovanna wrote:

For some reason this makes me really excited to know that we'll be up late doing things and talking and - dare I say it - having pillow fights.

Last edited by Syora (04-26-2010 12:37:59 AM)

#74 | Back to Top04-26-2010 12:50:16 AM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

I can probably leave for thursday (since Frau seems to be too!) and stay til sunday. (: Ahhh, I can't wait!

#75 | Back to Top04-26-2010 03:13:15 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Syora wrote:

For some reason this makes me really excited to know that we'll be up late doing things and talking and - dare I say it - having pillow fights.

If there be PILLOW FIGHTAGE, I expect -- nay, demand -- that each bout be fought to the strains of a duel chorus as chosen by the challenger! Oh, just imagine the fun...surreptitious challenges by way of cards pasted to doors, meetings in the elevator to the strains of Abraxas, epic duels, slight dodgy tiaras made of tinfoil, florists baffled by the sudden demand for blue roses...

Of course, I imagine the whole thing would end rather ignominiously when the following missive is posted to the messageboard in the hotel foyer:

TO THE ONES ENGAGED IN THESE FRIVOLOUS DUELS,
WE ARE TRYING TO SLEEP.
SINCERELY YOURS,
THE ENDS OF THE MANAGEMENT'S PATIENCE

P.S. WE WILL, HOWEVER, CONTINUE TO DANCE WITH YOU IN OUR DREAMS...IF WE EVER GET TO HAVE THEM.

I suppose in which case we'll just have to get some cheap plastic fangs and body glitter, then go run around Lafayette Cemetery screaming "ARE YOU THERE, LESTAT? IT'S ME, EDWARD!"

Last edited by Clarice (04-26-2010 03:13:56 AM)

Beyond The Silver Leaves

Board footer