This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top04-23-2008 12:03:20 AM

BlackRoseVixen
Snowdrop Lover
Website

Incomplete Utena RP

Yeah, so I'm posting this here just for the sake of posting. This is an Utena RPG that I started on spring break with my mom. Yes, I said my mom. She agreed to do a Utena RP with me, though it didn't last very long. However, she told me that we can resume the RP during summer break, when we both have more free time. This just prooves my mom's awesomeness. emot-keke Enjoy reading(if you do).

NOTE: We were RPing based on the show itself. Nothing original. Just wanted to be easier on me mum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ME: Along one of the dozens of white stone halls which lay inside the massive building known as the Ohtori Academy, a new student was taking her time as she explored a part of the school she'd never seen before. The girl was average height, but had long slender legs. She had bright pink hair and baby blue eyes. The girl wore red and white sneakers, red biker shorts, and a black jacket. She sighed a stretched as she came to a large window, leaning over the sill and looking outside. "Ah...It's a nice day today...." she breathed as she looked down at the many students traveling along the grounds below her.

Down below, there was a coutyard. In it sat a dome-shaped green house. It almost looked like a birdcage. Outside the glass covered dome stood two people. One was a girl with chocolate skin and purple hair. The other was a tall boy with long evergreen hair and milky skin. The two of them seemed to be talking with one another, though the boy seemed more intent. The pink-haired girl heaved a small sigh as she watched them, "Huh. What's this, a lover's quarrel? They really shouldn't be arguing in public..."

The conversation seemed to begin to heat up, their voices growing louder. Utena however, which was the name of the pink-haired girl, still couldn't make out what they were saying. Her eyes widened when she saw the green haired boy below suddenly strike the girl next to him firmly across her cheek. "Hey, whoa, that's going a little too far..." Utena said to herself, a small frown coming to her face.

MOM: Spying from the window in a distant white-stone building, Wakaba, the childhood friend of Utena, sees her in the distance. Wakaba quickly springs to her feet and without straightening her slightly twisted green and white student council uniform skirt, she dashes out of the door and down the stairs, racing to greet her long-time friend. She darted past several students in the down spiral of the staircase and yells to them in her haste.

She hurries across the vast campus and yells heartily as she approaches her friend, "Utena! Utena! Hey, it's me Wakaba." In her speedy advance, she almost runs Utena over as she falls into her with outstretched arms.

She continues in her rant, "You're here! You're here! I can't believe you're finally here." She squeals with unencumbered zeal, while her head rests on her friends thin shoulder.

ME: Utena snapped out of her daze when she heard the all too familiar voice of Wakaba. Her fair skin paled when she saw the brown haired girl barreling towards her. "Oh no..." was all she managed to murmur before she was promptly pounced on.

"A-Aah! Hey, cut it out, Wakaba! Yow! That hurts!" Utena yelped as she was huggled and cuddled by the overly excited girl on her back, hardly even hearing the girl's rapid ranting. She'd totally forgotten about the scene outside, not even sure what was happening anymore.

MOM: Wakaba calmed as she noted her friend's seeming unattention. She stroked her friend's lovely pink hair as a loving mother would do a child and yelped, "What's the matter, Utena? Aren't you glad to see me?"

ME: Utena chuckled at her friend's antics, "Of course I am, Wakaba. I'm always happy to see you," the pink haired girl said, "But I was just a little preoccupied. There was quite a show going on down there." Utena leaned back over the window sill, the sill helping her support the girl still adorning her back.

She looked back down at the couple in the rose garden below. She blinked in wonderment when she saw that there were three people there now. A boy with long blood red hair was there now as well. He was holding the boy with green hair's elevated wrist. He'd stopped him from striking the dark skinned girl again. The green haired boy scowled and jerked his wrist away, turning his back on the boy with red hair.

MOM: "Ohhh," Wakaba said as her excitement faded as she understood the tension that seem to exist between the spied on subjects, "That's Saionji...with the green hair," she explained. "There seems to be something going on between the three of them. Isn't Saionji a dream?" Wakaba entreated Utena. "Maybe we should go down there?" she continued as she stroked her own ponytails to make sure they looked their best.

ME: Utena blinked as she listened to Wakaba, "Saionji, huh? I've heard his name. He's the kendo team captain, right? So is he going out with that girl?" Utena asked, watching as the purple haired girl just stood quietly as the two boys next to her began talking. "And what about the other one? Who's he?"

MOM: Wakaba replied, "Yes, he is the kendo team captain. He's also the vice-president of the student council. He's way to cool to date someone like Anthy. The one with the red hair is Touga. He's the president of the student council. Come on, let's walk that way and I'll tell you the rest."

ME: Utena nodded her head several times while Wakaba talked, "Alright, I suppose we should be getting to class anyway," she said as she turned away from the window and started off down the hall, carrying Wakaba on her back.

The trip was rather slow with Wakaba riding on her, but when she and Utena made it down to the rose garden, the three they'd saw had gone. "Oh, shoot. They're not here anymore. I figured we'd say hi since we have to pass right by here.." Utena mumbled, a little disappointed though she didn't know why.

MOM: Wakaba slid from Utena's back. "Darn, " she said disappointed, "I missed Saionji." Wakaba stood for a brief moment before she grabbed Utena's arm and said, "So let's get to class, huh?"

ME: Utena grinned mentally as Wakaba, yet again, mentioned something about Saionji. She figured that her friend was suffering from a very serious crush. When Wakaba took her arm, she smiled, "Yeah, let's go. I don't wanna get into too much trouble during my first week," she said.

MOM: Wakaba chattered on and on to Utena as the two of them walked arm and arm into the science building for class. As Wakaka pushed the door to go in, she heard a voice from behind her say, "I wasn't aware that we'd be getting a new student. How was that information overlooked at our last council meeting?"

Wakaba looked around and found herself staring into a sea of red flowing locks. "Oh...Touga, " she gasped. "I didn't see you there. I thought you were ahead of us. We saw you on the yard with Saionji and Anthy. We were trying to get to the three of you so I could make some introductions. This is my friend, Utena Tenjou."

ME: Utena could only listen to Wakaba's chattering as they walked to science class, hardly able to get a word in edgewise. Utena turned around along with Wakaba to see where the deep voice behind them had come from. Utena fought back the urge to go "ooooooh" when she turned to see the student council president standing there. Sure, she'd seen him before, but from afar. He looked much better up close.

"O-Oh, hello," Utena greeted, unaware of the light redness which had spread on her cheeks.

MOM: "Oh my...roses in your cheeks without so much as a word...imagine what I could accomplish with a touch." Touga follows his arrogant greeting up with an extended hand towards Utena's arm.

ME: It took Utena several seconds to piece together what Touga had just said to her. When it finally made sense, she had only mere inches, and not much time, to react to his out-stretched hand. Smoothy, she withdrew and avoided his touch. "Um, no thank you," she said, averting her gaze for a moment.

To soften the blow of her withdrawl, Utena then tried to change the subject. "S-So, you're the student council President, right? That seems like a pretty big job."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alas, that's where it ends. I really hope we can do some more of this during summer. My mom does a pretty good Touga. poptart

The Saionji Support Squad: Believing in True Friendship Since 2006.

Hat Mafia Member: The Vixen

Board footer