This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#126 | Back to Top04-10-2014 12:39:57 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Re: Any gym rats here?

Riri-kins wrote:

I did my first cardio workout yesterday and I swear I felt it in my right glute the whole time. It was awesome.  Plus I've lost my first pound.

Go Riri!  emot-dance  Keep it up!

#127 | Back to Top05-05-2014 08:46:33 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

My Zombies, Run! mission tonight involves setting up a transatlantic communications array.  My group (based in Britain) was able to briefly establish contact with Toronto's CN Tower, whose radio operator was Margaret Atwood, played by Margaret Atwood.  It was pretty awesome.  emot-rofl

#128 | Back to Top05-06-2014 01:44:08 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

Ooh, that does sound cool.

I've lost six pounds in two and a half weeks. emot-redface  I crave less junk except for potato chips now. It's nice.

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#129 | Back to Top05-06-2014 11:36:04 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Riri-kins wrote:

I've lost six pounds in two and a half weeks. emot-redface  I crave less junk except for potato chips now. It's nice.

Congratulations, hun! emot-dance

I'm on my sixth consecutive shift and I might be picking up a shift tomorrow night, so I haven't gone anywhere near a gym. I do stairs when I'm at work though, 40 flights a day. Sometimes I can do them all at once but I usually split it between a couple breaks. emot-redface

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#130 | Back to Top05-20-2014 01:10:42 AM

Dreaded Claymore
Rose Bride

satyreyes wrote:

My Zombies, Run! mission tonight involves setting up a transatlantic communications array.  My group (based in Britain) was able to briefly establish contact with Toronto's CN Tower, whose radio operator was Margaret Atwood, played by Margaret Atwood.  It was pretty awesome.  emot-rofl

I had the impression that Zombies, Run! was for more established runners, and Zombies 5K was the one for more beginnery runners. So I bought that one. However, it does not seem to contain any actual "running away from zombies" content. It's still cool but it seems boring by comparison. I think I'll buy the regular Zombies, Run!, and if I can't really use it yet, oh well, I will eventually.

#131 | Back to Top05-20-2014 02:08:21 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

I haven't tried Zombies 5K, but I think it operates under the assumption that you can't run for very long yet.  You start small and build up to a 5K, under explicit guidance about pace, stretching, etc.  Zombies, Run!, by contrast, is self-guided.  You make your own speed and distance goals, and the software isn't privy to those goals; it just knows how fast you're going and feeds you a story about zombies.  My brother walks to it and only breaks into a run when zombies attack.  That said, ZR's only mission length settings are 30 minutes and 60 minutes, so it does assume that you can go for at least half an hour at your speed of choice.  If you can go longer, that's great too -- it switches into "radio mode" after the mission is complete, and instead of mission updates you get your township's postapocalyptic DJs goofing off in the radio tower between songs, though they may be interrupted by zombie attacks.  emot-smile

#132 | Back to Top05-24-2014 02:24:57 PM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

That sounds really fun! A little tempting to spice things up some more on my runs.

Edit: Aw, doesn't look like it's compatible with my Motorola Atrix 2 Android smartphone. That's what Google Play tells me at least.

Last edited by Mylene (05-24-2014 02:26:30 PM)

#133 | Back to Top04-28-2015 09:20:04 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Necromancy... which is appropriate given the talk of zombies in this thread.

I've been doing body weight work lately (which is made easier by the fact that I'm dropping weight), and I'm starting to do more gymnastics-type work. I started doing some very low-level rings exercises and oh god I am so sore today.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#134 | Back to Top04-28-2015 09:44:04 AM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

I've got back in the habit of lifting the last few weeks. A student invited me to come out to the exercise park with her and some friends, which was nice, because free equipment and it's fun, but then said she did because she likes watching me work out, so... yeah.

I don't really want my body to change, I just like the achy endorphiny feeling after a good work out, or the next morning.

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

#135 | Back to Top05-07-2015 01:30:13 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

Now that I have lost twenty pounds I am considering taking a Zumba class taught by my neighbor.

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#136 | Back to Top06-03-2016 01:14:16 AM

Dreaded Claymore
Rose Bride

I've been going to the YMCA four times a week, in preparation for this thing I'm doing. Among other things, I've been swimming, and good swimming is really hard for me. I can keep myself above water easily, and I'm perfectly comfortable in the water. I just don't have anything like good form. But I'm practicing and being taught, and I'm actually improving.

Today, though, I found out from my recruiter that I won't actually have to swim a timed 450 meters like I thought I would. All I have to do is jump into a pool from a high dive, float for five minutes, and then swim to the shallow end without walking on the bottom or drowning. I could do that right now.

#137 | Back to Top06-03-2016 06:49:06 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Riri-kins wrote:

Now that I have lost twenty pounds I am considering taking a Zumba class taught by my neighbor.

Woah congratulations Riri! As soon as I have the money (Adding 400.00 to my monthly expenses is kinda wiping me, but a friend says she might be able to convince them waive the joining fee for me) I want to get a membership at the YMCA.  Until then I've been getting back into my free weights at home and some beginners level yoga.  I don't really get the metaphysical or philosophical aspects of yoga, but I am way down for the parts that make my back not hurt anymore.

#138 | Back to Top07-26-2016 03:23:49 PM

Zerokohai
Mikage Mistruster

I used to go to the gym a lot and I really enjoyed it, but recent circumstances have left me without the time to go on a regular basis. When I do, I will again. I must admit, I do miss the gym.

http://i.imgur.com/5GUbWA1.png

Board footer