This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#201 | Back to Top06-21-2012 07:19:33 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Re: MOTHER EFFING YAH MINECRAFT THREAD

Ragnarok wrote:

Which reminds me, where is your Utena statue mister?

I will build that at some point, for sure -- just as soon as I get motivated to accumulate around five stacks of white wool and two of pink.  I don't know where you find the patience for your cocktower.  emot-biggrin

Aine, did you turn off Found Diamonds?  I kind of miss the notification that tells me how much iron I stumbled across. emot-smile

#202 | Back to Top06-21-2012 10:07:05 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

I did, yes, since I never got the secondary aspect to work, and I trust you guys not to be x-raying. I can re-enable it super easy. I didn't realize you guys would miss it! My fault.

I disabled a couple other mods, including the one that broke the nether portals. I need to seriously debug it before bringing it back.

It may also be worth seeing if I can update any of the mods.

On the updating note, we all know the next update is coming down the line. It will make pretty big changes. Bukkit will have to update, and all the mods will also have to update. They have changed the code quite a bit. Not all mods may be quick to update. I can update the server as soon as Bukkit releases the new update (I can only hope it will be quickly, or that they'll prerelease the finished code like the did the most recent one), but a lot of the functionality we're used to will probably be missing. My question is what mods can you guys absolutely not live without, and what ones can trickle back in as they get updated?

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m526/aines_pixels/mikageirgsig02-2012.png

#203 | Back to Top06-21-2012 10:16:42 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

For my part, I can't think of any mods that I literally can't live without -- though I won't be going anywhere near lava until my inventory gets preserved on death.  What would be really nice, though, is a heads-up before you reinstall.  I'm worried that MCMMO is going to reset all these hard-earned levels when the version changes, and I'm hoping you'll be nice enough to reinstate them after it's patched up if I write them down.  Likewise money.  (Are you going to have to redo all of your shops?!)  And maybe there are some other things I'm forgetting.  What would be really helpful would be a list of the mods that we're running now.  Do you have a list like that?

#204 | Back to Top06-21-2012 10:56:46 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

Unless the files the mods need to access are drastically changed, I don't see why anyone would lose any mcmmo levels. Money should also be safe. Should being the operative word here. I was planning on redoing spawn anyway, so if the shops get messed up... so be it.

Doing /plugin(s) or /pl ought to bring up a list of the mods being used on the server. I don't have a list written anywhere that I can just C&P it in.

#205 | Back to Top06-21-2012 11:27:27 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Aine Silveria wrote:

Doing /plugin(s) or /pl ought to bring up a list of the mods being used on the server. I don't have a list written anywhere that I can just C&P it in.

I don't have the permissions to do that myself.

Thank you in advance for the hard work you're doing, patching this world and all its mods.  etc-love

#206 | Back to Top06-21-2012 11:37:29 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

I swear, I am going to either drop-kick or strangle the permissions system. Or cry. Why must you be so difficult? ;_;

I'll see if I can get a list for you soon.

#207 | Back to Top06-22-2012 01:20:08 AM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Like satyr there's nothing super essential that I can't do without, but it will be helpful to know if something is gone.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#208 | Back to Top06-22-2012 01:50:21 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Top of my list would be the ability to set homes/warp, the experience system, keeping items upon death, buildings protected from Creeper Blasts and the currency system, in order.

#209 | Back to Top06-22-2012 02:01:56 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

I didn't think about creeper blasts. emot-gonk That one's very important to me!

#210 | Back to Top06-22-2012 04:21:15 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Right!!  Creeper blasts!  CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT.

#211 | Back to Top06-22-2012 06:17:01 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

From most important to least for me, WorldGuard (no clue if that's what covers chest protection, but still. Regions!), the chest protection if WorldGuard doesn't cover it, the warp system, Creeper explosions, then keep items on death. I can personally take or leave mcMMO any day of the week, since I don't spend enough time in Survival to worry about it. I can also take or leave the multiverse mod any day of the week; I doubt I'd be using it much, though I do understand the allure of Superflat worlds and mining worlds for others.

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#212 | Back to Top06-27-2012 02:00:14 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Today I added a glass dome to the top of Compass Keep.  You get to it by a walkway from the north pillar, but there are curved struts for the platform coming up from the other three compass points.  As I was building it, I was thinking, yeah, this is pretty cool, this is a good use of time.  But when it was done, I went over to the Duck King's house, and it turned out that the dome looked way cooler than I thought.  It looks like a diamond ring or a Disney World attraction.  I finally feel like Compass Keep looks as awesome as it is.  etc-love

It also has a secret dungeon.  I put a zombie into one of the cells, but later he despawned. emot-frown

#213 | Back to Top07-02-2012 06:18:32 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Oops a bit.

There's this thing where Mojang is consolidating user profiles, and if you do that it will change your login on Minecraft from your username to the email address you have with them. Which means that the Sunlit Garden server no longer recognizes me and I can't connect. emot-frown

#214 | Back to Top07-03-2012 12:34:51 AM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

Bwuh? I'm going to pretend that makes sense, simply because I know I don't have to deal with it beyond what I need to do on the server.

So what do I need to do to get you back on the server?

#215 | Back to Top07-03-2012 04:48:04 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

The issue might be bigger than me, it turns out. There's a big long thread on the minecraft forums about people having problems, so I'll let you know when there are some answers from that.

[Edit] - I can get on the server fine using the browser version on minecraft.net so you shouldn't have to change anything on the server end. (I think.)

Last edited by Ragnarok (07-03-2012 04:49:03 PM)

#216 | Back to Top07-07-2012 07:10:39 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Double posting just to say that whatever was keeping me off the server seems to be fixed now. emot-smile

Also I took a shot at making an Akio car.

#217 | Back to Top07-08-2012 12:16:34 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

Good to hear on the ability to log in.

Has anyone else been on the server much?

#218 | Back to Top07-08-2012 12:55:53 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

No, I've been up to other stuff emot-redface  And now I'm in Fort Myers for a week, where my Internet access tends to be stuttery and frustrating.

#219 | Back to Top07-24-2012 03:31:43 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Aine, status update on the Netherwart farm...

My friend and I were in the Nether (she has never been there before, and so needed to know what she was getting into) when we ended up fighting a ghast. We were victorious, but the fucker managed to blow a hole in the side of the Netherwart farm. Fearing that a second attack would eventually blow the whole thing apart, I tore out the sides and ceiling and replaced it with cobble. (Cobble is proofed against ghast fireballs, right?)

I also harvested all the Netherwart, placed one stack in storage and the remaining nineteen or so pieces in OITL's chest near the portal. The farm needs some time to regrow, and I thought I would let you and everybody else know, in case somebody went down there and panicked at the cobble and the baby Netherwart.

I apologize for engaging the ghast in the first place, but considering I was trying to show my friend what they looked like (she's in survival and I'm in creative), I suspect I have more to apologize for in the first place. On an unrelated note, the Nether portal works again; haven't been courageous enough to try the End portal without the rest of the server there to fight the Enderdragon.

Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#220 | Back to Top07-24-2012 03:40:54 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

I can confirm that cobble is ghastproof. emot-smile  It's a bit of a logistical challenge to have a glass greenhouse in the Nether, unless you include the portal in the enclosure.  In my single-player survival game, I have my netherwart farm facing a lava sea.  The side facing netherrack is made of cobble, because that's the side I approach from and hence the side likely to get blown to bits by ghasts.  But the side facing lava is made of glass, which is safe because ghasts can't see me from that side.  That's the closest I've been able to come.

In principle, you could use Creative Mode to suspend a fully glass greenhouse above a lava sea, with access through a vertical shaft that runs down under the lava to dry land far away (out of fireball range).  That might look neat.

Of course, I think the next release allows netherwart to grow outside the Nether, so this might all be obviated soon. emot-smile

#221 | Back to Top07-24-2012 03:52:00 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Sorry I haven't been on much.  Life sucks pretty bad right now (mom got fired, money is tight, making tacos forever, SSDD) so when I do game I'm usually too tired to do anything but walk around in Skyrim.

I have become one of those people who takes walks in video games.

#222 | Back to Top07-25-2012 04:14:10 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Does anybody know any decent 1.2.5 seeds that plonk you down in the middle of a small island? Or a small landmass with few to zero trees? I've got this burning desire to take an island and terraform it with mycelium, thus making my own mushroom island, but the treeeeeeeeeeeees. e_e I already tried it with an old seed of mine, but then the rain kicked in while I was burninating the trees FOR GREAT JUSTICE and it put out the entire forest fire. Sadface.

Treeless, non-snowy plains are preferred, since it means RAIN and NO TREES, but deserts are a close second.

#223 | Back to Top07-25-2012 09:47:16 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

Don't feel too bad, OITL, real life always takes precedence.

Troll about the Minecraft forum Seeds subsection, and I'm sure you'll find something to suit you. Look for ones titles 'survival island' or 'ocean'. Also, I suppose I will have to actually do some real decorating in the nether again. I hate cobble so very much...

It's been officially announced; tomorrow is the pre-release of the 1.3 code for modders and developers. That means that in a week, 1.3 will be released. I'll see what I can do to get the server updated at the same time, or within a few days, but if you update your MC and the server is not updated yet, it's not my fault.

#224 | Back to Top08-01-2012 10:16:29 AM

Aelanie
Black Rosarian

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/8858/baranokokuin.png

100x100 at the widest, around 8000 blocks altogether, all hand-sheared, hand-placed wool, in four colors.

#225 | Back to Top08-01-2012 12:54:09 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

That is too awesome for words, Aelanie, so I'm going to try using emotes instead:

emot-aaa emot-dance etc-love etc-love etc-love poptart poptart poptart poptart poptart

I only wish I were even a tenth as ambitious with my builds as the rest of y'all are! And hey, mushroom island biome too! emot-keke

Board footer