This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top04-05-2008 07:56:42 PM

XHelios6
Rose Bride
Website

VSE - Introduction

This is a little introduction I'd like to add to future spin-offs. Tell me what you think and what I should change.

Once upon a time, many years ago, there was a little princess, and she was very sad, for her mother and father had died. So distraught and overcome with grief, the princess hid away in a coffin, awaiting death‘s arrival, for she no longer believed there was such a thing as something eternal. But before the princess, there appeared a traveling prince, riding upon a white horse. He had a regal bearing and a kind smile. The princess, entranced by the prince’s appearance, left her coffin, and the prince showed her something eternal. A witch, forced to suffer the pain of a million swords for locking away the Rose Prince from the rest of the world, because she was the only one who truly loved him. Because she was his sister, she was the witch was the only one whom the prince could not save. Horrified, the princess said that she would save the witch, but the prince told her that only a prince she could believe in could save her. So, the princess swore she would become a prince herself. The prince wrapped her in a rose scented embrace, and gently, wiped the tears from her eyes. “Little one”, he said, “growing up alone in such deep sorrow. Never lose that nobility, even when you are a young lady”. With that being said, the prince gave the princess a ring bearing a rose crest, “If you never lose that nobility, even when you grow up, then that ring will lead you back to this place to save her, one day”. But the prince feared that the princess might forget all about this day. “No!”, the princess promised, “I’m going to become a prince!” But…was that really a good idea?

That was the story of Revolutionary Girl Utena. This is but one of the stories about what happened after.

"Momma, I'm scared of Peter Pan!" "We all are, honey."

Board footer