This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#76 | Back to Top04-19-2007 11:20:29 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

Re: ask ikuni!!

Briliant deduction sherlock. school-sherlock

for that.. you get poptart and 2 and a half internets

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#77 | Back to Top04-19-2007 11:21:30 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Thank you, thank you!

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#78 | Back to Top04-19-2007 11:32:12 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

two snares and a cymbol fall off a cliff.....

#79 | Back to Top04-19-2007 11:36:10 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

ikuni wrote:

i am still waiting to take your questions. you like utena don't you??

You didn't answer my question emot-frown

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#80 | Back to Top04-19-2007 11:49:52 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

was there ever a conversation about the change of character designs from the series to the movie??? i think it was random and pointless...

#81 | Back to Top04-19-2007 11:50:13 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

What!? Of course we like Utena, why else would we be here? emot-gonk

Last edited by Hiraku (04-19-2007 11:51:45 PM)

#82 | Back to Top04-19-2007 11:51:47 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Ikuni is actually Chuck Norris.

#83 | Back to Top04-19-2007 11:52:38 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

ShatteredMirror wrote:

Ikuni is actually Chuck Norris.

Ah! That makes it clear, thanks ;)

#84 | Back to Top04-20-2007 12:05:19 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Yeah, not to worry; there's every reason to think Ikuni is my sock puppet.

#85 | Back to Top04-20-2007 12:05:25 AM

ikuni
International Man of Mystery

i still guess i am satyreyes. i am pretty good at p.i. books so my guess is ok accurate.

about yasha's question, i don't entirely understand the "world wide web" too well. i am an old guy. (´;o;`) so my best guess is still satyreyes or else, i am using an american isp for fun? can you do that??

嘘に嫌われていたいけど。。。
イクニと申しますが、アメリカは本当のいい国ですよ。

#86 | Back to Top04-20-2007 12:08:31 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Yasha wrote:

ikuni wrote:

ha ha.  mr. chuck norris was a model for dios you know... dios was originally cowboy. cowboys are more popular than princes. but i had ms. saito draw utena in a cowboy's hat and it did not look cool. so he became a prince.

......Chuck Norris looks nothing at all like Dios. Did he have to be dark skinned and light haired to be a prince?

THIS one.

Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#87 | Back to Top04-20-2007 12:13:32 AM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

Dios is WAY better then Chuck Norris, although CN has a big advantage over Dios.... hes real. XD

#88 | Back to Top04-20-2007 12:24:09 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

#89 | Back to Top04-20-2007 12:30:19 AM

ikuni

Yasha wrote:

Yasha wrote:

ikuni wrote:

ha ha.  mr. chuck norris was a model for dios you know... dios was originally cowboy. cowboys are more popular than princes. but i had ms. saito draw utena in a cowboy's hat and it did not look cool. so he became a prince.

......Chuck Norris looks nothing at all like Dios. Did he have to be dark skinned and light haired to be a prince?

THIS one.

oh! you asked a lot of questions. b(emot-keke)d well you know i am worried about how non japanese are shown on the t.v.... with dios and akio i wanted to show that, indian men can be princes as well. for him to be made american would have be ok but, i didn't want utena to be about w.w.i.i. next question!!

嘘に嫌われていたいけど。。。

#90 | Back to Top04-20-2007 12:49:32 AM

ikuni

ShatteredMirror wrote:

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

this is such a good question, i haven't got any work done for twenty minutes to think of an answer!!

--> i can see them both from my chair.
--> they are both in episode 1 of association of ash-wings and also witch hunter robin.
--> neither one has tentacles.
--> if sufficiently big, they are both visible from space.
--> they are both in a famous british book about a beautiful and wise queen who loves hearts, roses and guillotines.

these are just a few of my ideas but, i would like to hear yours!!

嘘に嫌われていたいけど。。。

#91 | Back to Top04-20-2007 01:05:23 AM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

I wanna know: were Utena & Anthy getting it on, you know, behind the scenes, Mr. ikuni? Like, when filming was over, did they share a trailer, or was Anthy stationed in Akio's trailer? Inquiring minds want to know.

Jokes aside, we wanted to know whether or not Touga & Saionji were sleeping together, according to you people who were working on the show...what did Ikuhara say on the matter? Were you two friends? Were you schlick-mates, like Shattered & I, or were you just a passing employee, sharing a superficial relationship....or did you sleep with Ikuhara when he dressed as Sailor Whoever?

And, whenever Utena is talking to Juri and finishes with... what did the "..." stand for?

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#92 | Back to Top04-20-2007 01:40:45 AM

ikuni

Frosty wrote:

I wanna know: were Utena & Anthy getting it on, you know, behind the scenes, Mr. ikuni? Like, when filming was over, did they share a trailer, or was Anthy stationed in Akio's trailer? Inquiring minds want to know.

Jokes aside, we wanted to know whether or not Touga & Saionji were sleeping together, according to you people who were working on the show...what did Ikuhara say on the matter? Were you two friends? Were you schlick-mates, like Shattered & I, or were you just a passing employee, sharing a superficial relationship....or did you sleep with Ikuhara when he dressed as Sailor Whoever?

And, whenever Utena is talking to Juri and finishes with... what did the "..." stand for?

i get the question about utena and anthy many, many times so i will answer now. are you ready? yes, utena and anthy both were in the unreleased movie trailer. we did not release that trailer because it gave away the end. the film editor was very angry. but utena and anthy both were in it.

i wondered about toga and saionji too so, i asked toga during filming. he invited me to come find out. of course he knew i would say no. he is a bastard sometimes which is why i don't like talking to him... and i don't like the way he looks at utena.

about the three periods. utena is uncomfortable around jury because, jury is an older girl who knows more than utena and so, she makes utena think of her mother. utena can't get too close to jury because, what if jury dies too? or what if she is end of the world? utena must be very careful and does not always say her whole thoughts.

嘘に嫌われていたいけど。。。

#93 | Back to Top04-20-2007 01:47:00 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

ikuni wrote:

i get the question about utena and anthy many, many times so i will answer now. are you ready? yes, utena and anthy both were in the unreleased movie trailer. we did not release that trailer because it gave away the end. the film editor was very angry. but utena and anthy both were in it.

By 'unreleased trailer', do you mean 'secret sex den'? emot-dance

#94 | Back to Top04-20-2007 01:49:40 AM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

ikuni wrote:

i wondered about toga and saionji too so, i asked toga during filming. he invited me to come find out. of course he knew i would say no. he is a bastard sometimes which is why i don't like talking to him... and i don't like the way he looks at utena.

You don't like Touga because he's a bastard sometimes? Isn't Shiori someone much worse than Touga? She takes one boyfriend after another to make Juri miserable, and she's shameless about it, too.
Maybe that's why she was a butterfly in the movie? Butterfly represents decay in the movie, no?
Speaking of decay... When Anthy was driving the Utena car out to the Outside World, has Utena completely lost her senses as human, or is she feeling all the hits and impacts from other cars during the whole race? (I've wondered if she'd secretly screamed "ow" many times when the cars fall on her)

Speaking of the trailer, Yasha, why does it have to be a trailer? It can also be the backseat of the car just like Shiori and Ruka. After all, a trailer is just a giant car with a kitchen.

I have a question about what you said here, too:

ikuni wrote:

about the three periods. utena is uncomfortable around jury because, jury is an older girl who knows more than utena and so, she makes utena think of her mother. utena can't get too close to jury because, what if jury dies too? or what if she is end of the world? utena must be very careful and does not always say her whole thoughts.

What kind of person do you imagine Utena's mother to be? Many people have already seen Utena's aunt through Chiho Saito's manga of Utena, but no one seems to have gotten the information about Utena's birth parents, like who she resembles the most? Does she look more like her father? Is her personality coming from her mother?
Actually, we don't get information about any character's parents at all except for Miki's father who's marrying another woman. Would you like to tell us about the parents of Utena and the parents of the Seitokai members?

Last edited by Hiraku (04-20-2007 01:57:31 AM)

#95 | Back to Top04-20-2007 01:54:38 AM

ikuni

Yasha wrote:

ikuni wrote:

By 'unreleased trailer', do you mean 'secret sex den'? emot-dance

sex den? oh!! you were talking about sex!! no, i did not want you to see utena and anthy having sex. that is what the fanart thread is for. ( H_H )

i am going home. i will see you tomorrow!!

嘘に嫌われていたいけど。。。

#96 | Back to Top04-20-2007 02:01:36 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

ikuni wrote:

i am going home. i will see you tomorrow!!

Good night emot-keke

Crackhead.

Last edited by Yasha (04-20-2007 02:10:50 AM)

#97 | Back to Top04-20-2007 06:52:41 AM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Hiraku wrote:

You don't like Touga because he's a bastard sometimes? Isn't Shiori someone much worse than Touga? She takes one boyfriend after another to make Juri miserable, and she's shameless about it, too.

I hate repeating myself.  -.- (*Is not a morning person*)

Well, if I were to ask you one question Ikuni, it would probably be about your opinion of Shiori. But instead, I'll ask you what this picture means:
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w96/RazaraNi/snaps096.jpg
It took me all day to figure out what the other statues mean. You wouldn't happen to know who this is a statue of, would you Ikuni? emot-wink I've already found some very interesting symbolism in this scene, such as Juri's choice in night-wear. (*Giggles*)

#98 | Back to Top04-20-2007 08:17:58 AM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Statues... We should also ask him about the statue in the episode where Nanami found out Touga isn't her "brother". It was a statue of 5 animals stacking on top of one another. Don't have the screencap, but if any of you know where to obtain the picture and post that up there, that would be great.

Still waiting on what Ikuni thinks of Shiori and whether or not he's visited the parents of the Seitokai members as well as Anthy's. And, of course, Utena's parents before they died tragically (Or did they emot-wink)

Last edited by Hiraku (04-20-2007 08:18:16 AM)

#99 | Back to Top04-20-2007 09:00:37 AM

Pandora
Pathtracer

Ahh, the five animals statue. I recognised it, and looked it up.

It's actually only four animals, I think- a donkey, a dog, a cat and a rooster.
More about it here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bremen_Town_Musicians

It's possible that was there as a reference to the animals leaving their masters and gaining their own freedom. Could it be indicative that Nanami is being freed from what has bound her before, ie- her love for Touga, perhaps?

#100 | Back to Top04-20-2007 09:39:00 AM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Pandora wrote:

Ahh, the five animals statue. I recognised it, and looked it up.

It's actually only four animals, I think- a donkey, a dog, a cat and a rooster.
More about it here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bremen_Town_Musicians

It's possible that was there as a reference to the animals leaving their masters and gaining their own freedom. Could it be indicative that Nanami is being freed from what has bound her before, ie- her love for Touga, perhaps?

Oh dear! The Town Musicians of Bremen. I've read it billions of times and loved that story when I was a kid. But I read it in Chinese, so I never realized it until now looking at wiki. Thanks Pandora, have a poptart

Board footer