This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top04-16-2007 11:49:40 AM

Personal_IceQueen
Covert Diarist
Website

IRG Soup

I had this really wacky idea, as I was posting in the IFD section. Shattered mentioned something about missing a day and then missing Trench's hotness......and I'm continually missing 'days' because of my schedule, but...wouldn't it be cool if we had a run-down of stuff in IRG? Like the shows The Soup on E! and VH1's Best Week Ever?

"Those shoes are mine betch."

#2 | Back to Top04-16-2007 02:40:52 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

Re: IRG Soup

IRG soup huh?!
I LOVE THE SOUP!
an update of the fun stuff that happned over the week? i like that idea. but whos gonna be the one who reports it all?

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#3 | Back to Top04-16-2007 04:00:34 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I would be willing to do that, if everyone can give me an idea of the kind of stuff that they want to see in it. Once weekly on Sundays sounds about right to me.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#4 | Back to Top04-16-2007 05:03:44 PM

Personal_IceQueen
Covert Diarist
Website

thanks Yasha emot-biggrin

maybe stuff like what you're up to, photos if you went anywhere cool...anything that pops up in one of the threads that people will miss if they don't post regularly. I'm always missing the really cool tidbits

#5 | Back to Top04-16-2007 06:17:45 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I read every post, so it's not a big deal for me to do something like that... stuff about what I'm doing will just end up with a picture of my computer, though emot-smile

Maybe I'll try to write a blurb, just something funny or otherwise interesting, and crosspost it to the blog. I ask again, what kinds of things would you like to see?

Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#6 | Back to Top04-16-2007 07:01:20 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

I was about to post something useful, then I remembered that I'm never gone for more than a week.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#7 | Back to Top04-16-2007 07:14:44 PM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

It's an awesome idea, and I totally respect Yasha and all the things she does running the site and forum, but it'd also be pretty cool if there was something similar that was kind of a volunteer first-come-first-serve setup just because it'd be interesting to read other people's takes on what the ups and downs of the board are.

Hinotori made this post, and then went back and changed it later. Such is life.

#8 | Back to Top04-16-2007 08:32:30 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Yasha wrote:

I read every post, so it's not a big deal for me to do something like that... stuff about what I'm doing will just end up with a picture of my computer, though emot-smile

Maybe I'll try to write a blurb, just something funny or otherwise interesting, and crosspost it to the blog. I ask again, what kinds of things would you like to see?

This is a great idea emot-biggrin

What kinds of things would we like to see?  Things that capture the spirit of the forums.  The best of the week's image manipulation... notable Pop-Tart sightings... pieces of groundbreaking analysis... key events in the lives of forum members... whatever strikes you as interesting when you surf the board.  It would be awesome!

#9 | Back to Top04-16-2007 08:42:01 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

We'd definitely need a Quote of the Week (non-IFD edition).  Otherwise, I'm sure that every pick would come from IFD. emot-biggrin

This would be something that a forum poster said that catches Yasha's eye in that week and would be worthy of being featured in the "announcement" section at the top of the forums.  And then archived for the IRG Book of Quotations, available in bookstores 2008! emot-wink

I'd also nominate Tamago as a quote selector what with being God of Comedy and all... emot-dance

Last edited by Imaginary Bad Bug (04-16-2007 08:43:20 PM)

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#10 | Back to Top04-16-2007 09:33:06 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Birthday announcements would be sweet. emot-keke

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#11 | Back to Top04-16-2007 09:37:01 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

Ooh, that's a neat idea. I was absent from the forums for a few months when my computer crashed, but I doubt I'll miss much more of that.. Hmm, what about new SKU analysis topics? Actually, that might be too much. emot-keke Maybe just for in-depth analysis posts people do of entire episodes, like the ones Razaara did, or like the ending theme one Maarika did?

#12 | Back to Top04-16-2007 11:11:05 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Hinotori wrote:

It's an awesome idea, and I totally respect Yasha and all the things she does running the site and forum, but it'd also be pretty cool if there was something similar that was kind of a volunteer first-come-first-serve setup just because it'd be interesting to read other people's takes on what the ups and downs of the board are.

I agree, and I don't think that a one-poster thread is the way to go on this one either. However, if anyone is posting, it also means a much larger possibility of derails... and while we're pretty lax on that, it's still kinda irritating to see things go hugely far off the tracks. If we can find a situation that works, like a group of people that post, or an initial post/other people's commentary thing, I'd be all for that too.

#13 | Back to Top04-17-2007 02:20:36 PM

Personal_IceQueen
Covert Diarist
Website

I like the bday announcements.etc-love

Maybe we can nominate peeps who are on the forums and for the most part on the threads stay in subject.

#14 | Back to Top04-17-2007 02:39:06 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

What i think would be kinda funny is Fake Ohtori news that co responds to the happenings of the week on IRG.

"Utena caught etc-wankgirl ing to the newest additions of "post your pr0nz" thread in IFD, Anthy was a witness and was taped saying the following. "See that thing she does...rigth there with her thumb, the dental floss, a pigmy and an extension chord? i taught her that!"

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#15 | Back to Top04-17-2007 02:54:12 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

What, "The IRG Onion News Broadcast", delivered by none other than Ends of the Forum and her Touga? Sweet deal, if you ask me! emot-dance

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#16 | Back to Top04-17-2007 03:52:18 PM

Personal_IceQueen
Covert Diarist
Website

that does sound like a pretty sweet deal..I'm so amped up for this.

#17 | Back to Top04-18-2007 12:12:41 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I think in the end, the IRG Soup thing will last longer if we have me post every week and then other people chime in with stuff I might have missed or stuff they want to expand on as they like. Sure, it's a bit set in one viewpoint, but that's not what I care about-- I'm thinking in terms of longevity here.

Also, I'm tempted to nominate 'The Weekly Weed' as a name. Somebody stop me. emot-biggrin

#18 | Back to Top04-18-2007 12:34:59 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Yasha wrote:

I think in the end, the IRG Soup thing will last longer if we have me post every week and then other people chime in with stuff I might have missed or stuff they want to expand on as they like. Sure, it's a bit set in one viewpoint, but that's not what I care about-- I'm thinking in terms of longevity here.

Good idea!  People could make themselves columnists, even.

Yasha wrote:

Also, I'm tempted to nominate 'The Weekly Weed' as a name. Somebody stop me. emot-biggrin

Because we're a garden?  Heh emot-smile  We could always call it "Extra! Extra!"  (Or "Gougai! Gougai! Gougai!", depending on how much we hate the dub.)  Or "The vIRGin."  Or "The Gio And Yasha Are Sexy Tribune."

#19 | Back to Top04-18-2007 07:58:40 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

satyreyes wrote:

Or "The vIRGin."

etc-love poptart Hehehe, that's brilliant!

Anyway, this sounds like a lot of fun! emot-dance Is this going to be posted in a new thread when the time comes?

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#20 | Back to Top04-19-2007 01:02:47 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

satyreyes wrote:

(Or "Gougai! Gougai! Gougai!", depending on how much we hate the dub.)

I was going to say that but you said it first.

#21 | Back to Top04-19-2007 01:05:50 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Maarika wrote:

satyreyes wrote:

Or "The vIRGin."

etc-love poptart Hehehe, that's brilliant!

Anyway, this sounds like a lot of fun! emot-dance Is this going to be posted in a new thread when the time comes?

Yeah, definitely a new thread. I'll go ahead and post it, and if no one objects, I'll do a little weekly write-up/article and people can post their own write-ups and articles if they want.

#22 | Back to Top05-05-2007 02:04:50 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

First installment will be Sunday, probably late at night. emot-dance

#23 | Back to Top05-05-2007 11:54:03 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Yasha wrote:

First installment will be Sunday, probably late at night. emot-dance

Huzzah!

#24 | Back to Top05-06-2007 12:02:31 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

This is awesome. Especially since I've been away for a while.

#25 | Back to Top05-06-2007 09:40:08 AM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

Most excellent, Yasha.

Life is short: break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/ninjasin/fate1pu4-1.jpg

Board footer