This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top12-17-2006 10:58:05 AM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

Re: Things to Do With One's Body (non-IFD edition)

Aside from the martial arts, I like to swim, water immersion being a sensory obsession of mine.  Particularly hot water.  I have an entirely unhealthy affection for jaccuzis and deep deep bathtubs.  Would that Americans had baths like the Japanese... ::sigh::

- Leah, who probably could kick ass with a broom.

cool I totally agree on this besides Jaccuzis+ Touga + Me = a damn good time!!emot-dance

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#27 | Back to Top12-17-2006 01:04:24 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

I draw on me!

Uhm... I am so not physically inclined, except for IFD, but I've been going to the gym lately (we'll see how long it lasts, hah!) and I'm not too incredibly bad at Raquetball. I feel like a slug compared to you people! emot-gonk

But seriously, I've been known to hike up my skirt at work, grap a sharpie or a ballpoint pen and go to town. When I was in school, I used to draw on my arms, all the way up to my elbows sometimes. emot-keke I really like the look of ink on skin, and can't wait to get a tatto. (Well, yeah, I can, 'cause I don't have a design I like)

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#28 | Back to Top12-18-2006 12:12:05 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

I'm going to take a weightlifting class this January to get myself a useless general education unit as a reward for spending a small amount of money and going to the gym. Come February, I will be one hot studmuffin.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#29 | Back to Top12-18-2006 12:42:35 AM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

ShatteredMirror wrote:

BODY BUILDING

Be sure to post topless pics in IFD! emot-wink Don't buff too much or I'll have to resize your Personal Restraint Device!

Yasha wrote:

STRIP HOP

The dancers from the strip club revealed to me one day, that the secret to the beloved "ass pop" is in the ankles, NOT, as one would imagine, any part of the legs or thighs. Spencer's was selling STRIPPER POLES last time I checked. Yes please! Right now, I have to pretend with my bed posts. emot-mad

I've never played sports, except the ones forced in school...occasional volleyball, kickball, things of that nature. My favorite competitive game would have been Red Rover. I think it would be fun to take a martial arts class, I'll just read about all of you guy's experiences and choose what I think sounds like the most fun!

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#30 | Back to Top12-18-2006 12:52:20 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

I think you might have to make my Restraint Device more restraining, to ensure that I don't break out.

#31 | Back to Top12-18-2006 03:14:15 AM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

Tenis, football and kick-boxing emot-dance oh, and drawing in my arm.

#32 | Back to Top12-20-2006 02:33:01 PM

Sanguine_Rose
Juri Jeerer

I did do belly dancing for a while, which was really fun and i was getting good at it too but the lessons were too far away. It took me an hour and a half to get there by bus which isn't very nice coming home at night. Apart from that i'm a lazy sack of potatoes. I always say I'll join and gym but I never do...

When Patrick Stewart says "Come", WE ALL COME.

#33 | Back to Top12-28-2006 05:00:07 PM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

hay guyz.

I'm about to leave for my first Krav Maga instruction. Anyone have any advice/condolances to give me? emot-tongue

Hinotori made this post, and then went back and changed it later. Such is life.

#34 | Back to Top12-28-2006 06:20:23 PM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

:sniff:  but we never got to eat those overpriced chocolates together. emot-frown

google wrote:

The basic idea is to first deal with the immediate threat (being choked, for example), prevent the attacker from re-attacking, and then neutralize the attacker, proceeding through all steps in a straightforward manner, despite the rush of adrenaline that occurs in such an attack. The emphasis is put on taking the initiative from the attacker as soon as possible.

I'm so uninformed. So...I googled Krav Maga to find out what it was. I read the page, and now I'm quite impressed. Sounds intense. Well, take lotsa vitamins and sleep a lot, and hopefully the school is one that uses "pads" for training, as opposed to "other people" action. Good luck! emot-smile

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

#35 | Back to Top01-04-2007 01:33:29 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Not to attempt thread necromancy, but this seemed the appropriate place to complain...

I have a body, and it is pain. I haven't had a proper weight workout in months and two days in a row I worked myself hard, and I will continue to do so. As a result, my upper body (leg day is tomorrow) is one great mass of pain. I took a long, hot shower and slathered myself in Tiger Balm and that's helped some, but only some.

#36 | Back to Top01-04-2007 03:45:55 AM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

Oh no, poor Shattered!! What's this Tiger Balm? I hope that is some form of Icyhot of which I am unaware, that's usually good. Then there's a heating pad...rotate it over all the parts that hurt worst! Also, when one side of the body hurts, just switch it up and use the other. Just like me, when a hand cramps from playing games, drawing, or pleasure seeking, I just use the pain free hand to massage the hurting one. Another tip from yours truly, the lazy slug! emot-smile

While choosing classes, I noticed swimming, and considered it, until I remembered how unflattering the school swimsuits are. Very mom-ish. I'm not cut out to really do stuff. I just watch stuff. emot-biggrin

#37 | Back to Top01-04-2007 06:07:30 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

ShatteredMirror wrote:

I worked myself hard, and I will continue to do so. As a result, my upper body (leg day is tomorrow) is one great mass of pain.

I know this feeling well. emot-gonk I suck at working back to my old capacity; been a log for a few months? Screw that I can still do as many reps. emot-dance

Actually I kinda like the pain. Makes me feel like I've accomplished something.

By the way, tiger balm is wonderful, wonderful stuff. Helped nurse me through New York on barely healed sprained ankles. etc-love It is kinda like icy hot in when you'd use it and how.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#38 | Back to Top01-04-2007 06:48:19 PM

Nessy
Sunlit Gardener (Prelude)
Website

ShatteredMirror wrote:

I haven't had a proper weight workout in months and two days in a row I worked myself hard, and I will continue to do so. As a result, my upper body (leg day is tomorrow) is one great mass of pain.

I'm in the exact same boat, surprisingly enough. I did maybe ten situps the other night on an impulse & started teaching myself a dance...then woke up with an aching stomach and completely stiff and pain-filled legs. Way too annoying. The worst part is that I keep overworking myself now--because it just pisses me off that I'm this out of shape.

#39 | Back to Top01-04-2007 10:43:21 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Tiger Balm is similar to Icy-Hot but it smells nicer and the lovely burning sensation lasts longer. Mostly I rely on Tiger Balm and long, hot showers. Hehe. Anything to release the endorphins, because they make pain less severe.

#40 | Back to Top01-05-2007 02:17:04 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

Me+physical activity= no. I can't even watch sports. I've wanted to take up fencing for a while, but knowing myself I'd be awful at that too.

Can extreme foruming be considered a sport?

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#41 | Back to Top01-06-2007 12:03:03 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Foruming can be very athletic. Especially since some heated debate threads can seriously get pulses pounding.

#42 | Back to Top02-11-2007 12:01:33 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I don't think that's heated debate you're thinking of. Not with IRG, anyway. cool

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#43 | Back to Top02-11-2007 01:05:21 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Oh, shut up Yasha. emot-biggrin

And I'm on my way to having to give my brother half the shirts in my closet. Good for my body (and dating prospects), bad for my wallet.

#44 | Back to Top02-11-2007 01:10:36 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Yay! I just went shopping and I feel bad about it. I only spent $120, and I got two blazers, a skirt, and a leather jacket (I'm such a good sales shopper), but I still feel really guilty for it. Then again, the last time I went clothes shopping was August. Have fun buying your shirts, Shattered!

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#45 | Back to Top02-11-2007 01:15:33 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Hm, maybe by the time I have enough saved up to go shopping I'll be speaking to my dad and thus be able to borrow his camera. And we want more pics of your hotness, Yasha! You have an excuse now since you have new clothes.

#46 | Back to Top02-11-2007 02:41:11 AM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

We can both be professional walkers dollface.

I can do real physical activity as long as it's not in the sun... I need an umbrella just to carry out my fulltime profession of walking.  emot-gonk

...So instead I sit and draft or make models all day. (my hands ar part of my body!!)

#47 | Back to Top02-11-2007 09:17:15 AM

Nilamarthiel
The Icon Icon
Website

I dance.

Well, actually, I go into my room, turn up some techno, and flail my arms and legs around a bit.

#48 | Back to Top02-11-2007 10:33:44 AM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

Lady Nilamarthiel wrote:

I dance.

Well, actually, I go into my room, turn up some techno, and flail my arms and legs around a bit.

I have a sport I like to call iPoding. Similar to that. I put my iPod in my iHome, blast my club mix, and flail about. It's acctually a great workout, ne?

And allegoriest, I don't even know if I could do that emot-gonk

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#49 | Back to Top02-12-2007 12:42:37 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

I'm taking ballet. emot-keke

Totally not inspired by Princess Tutu. Really. Although, I'm a huge klutz and dance just like ducky Ahiru. But it's still fun.

Board footer