This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#526 | Back to Top03-12-2012 02:06:22 PM

DrCornelius
Saionji Slapper

Re: Dreams

I had this vague dream about another Utena movie, it was like a trailer. All I remember was Juri having a conversation with Dios about something, and they where in Atlantis.

#527 | Back to Top03-16-2012 01:34:13 PM

Dognog
Friend, Perhaps

I had a dream IRG was a convenience store o_o
For some reason, I really wanted to record a video of myself pushing a toy car around in "IRG." I walked inside the store like normal, and started looking for something to make my video with. It was pretty dark in there, all the lights were off, the big windows between both (glass) doors were covered by dark red curtains, and it was late afternoon. I suddenly realized that no one was there, either, so I grabbed something that looked like one of those little mp3-players, which somehow recorded and played videos, and got down on the floor with a toy car. Making the video while knowing that I wasn't really supposed to be in the store was exciting emot-tongue

I started to hear people moving around in another area of the store, which was hidden by another red curtain. Apparently it was a house part of the store and mods lived there xD I knew that if someone caught me I'd be in trouble, so I tried hiding in the aisles, but then I heard someone calling from outside and noticed that people could still see me if they came in (or looked through) the doors. If I stayed in the store, someone would find me, and if I just walked out, someone would still find me! I don't know what I expected to happen if I got caught, but I was worried about it. I was crawling over by some books when a guy suddenly appeared in the aisle ;_; This guy with dreadlocks knelt down and said, "What are you doing in here?" I told him I was making a video of this toy car. The guy seemed nice, he said he used to do that sort of thing "when he was my age" and told me he wouldn't tell anyone I was here.

After that guy left, I heard someone (Satyr) come into the store. He went past the curtain and into the house part. Even though I could leave now that no one was outside, for some reason I just wanted to know what the house area looked like, so I followed Satyr XD It was a small, plain hallway with a few doors on each side, and there was a living room at the end of it. I suddenly got the feeling that maybe I shouldn't be over here either, because I'm invading someone's house.... Just then Satyr came into the hallway from one of the rooms, saw me, and was like o_o I can't remember exactly what happened, but after I went back out into the store area, Giovanna was working on a computer at the checkout counter. Satyr told her I owed $40 for the stuff I took while I was in the store earlier. I tried to pay, but I only had $15, so I said, "I'll be right back, I need to get some more money" and left o__o

I went next door to a house where a little girl I apparently knew lived. She showed me her (BIG) collection of stuffed toys, which was awesome, I love stuffed toys >< I never got the money and I didn't go back to the IRG-store..I stole ;_;

Next was another part, about being in some castle city with Bean and needing to get into a special theater.. I had to pretend to be a horse to get us into it, so I had to put in one of those things that goes in the horse's mouth and wear things on my hands to look like hooves. It was not convincing at all, because I still just looked like a kid wearing weird stuff, but we got in anyway. The theater itself was no big deal, it was small and plain, and for some reason it reminded me of the aquarium. I saw the dreads-guy in there, too, but he was too far away to say hi. As a show was about to start, the dream cut to some other scene of soldier-people in a forest. They were getting their bows and arrows ready for something. There was a little boat with fishermen in it that went out into the nearby river, but another, bigger boat was coming down the river. One of the soldiers screamed "STOP!" but the people in the fishing boat were hit with a bunch of arrows from the big boat. The soldiers on land started firing arrows at the big boat, and then I just saw all these scenes of people getting hit D: Somehow, the dreads-guy lost his daughter in the attack on the fishing boat, and his daughter was the girl with the stuffed toys. I never got to find out what happened with him, though, because there was loud thunder that woke me up.

emot-gonk

"DOGNOG: He's got a fiancee, hoes, and freaks with his sister. He is the original PIMP."

#528 | Back to Top03-16-2012 07:45:45 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

$40?  Aw, don't be silly, Dognog emot-smile  For a video-capable mp3 player and a toy car, you owe us over $100 easily.  Still, it's not quite fair, since you only got those things in your dream, so we will accept payment in dream dollars.  emot-tongue

#529 | Back to Top03-21-2012 03:12:15 PM

wblstudios
Banned

I dreamt I was a bounty hunter.  I was sitting at a desk, and my assignment was to hunt down Gloria Estefan.  My logic was, if I hunt down the rest of the Miami Sound Machine, I can make her come to me.

I have to stop showing my age... I'm under 30, for anyone worried I might be some creepy perv.

Kinda wish I could dream about that kickboxing babe again, though.

#530 | Back to Top03-29-2012 12:44:09 PM

hayama
Ruthless Deflorist

I had a dream last night where my brother was dead. I like my dreams typically, even nightmares and such, but when someone close to me dies in them, I just want them to end.

Boy, you're gonna carry that weight.

#531 | Back to Top03-30-2012 04:40:52 AM

Atropos
Atropos Turretslayer

I dreamed of ancient Zion last night. At least, I think it was ancient Zion! It looked just like the modern day. But everyone dressed and acted like it was ancient Zion.
A man named Owen was collecting wood for a fire when he ran into a man who harassed him. He returned home and met his brother, who taunted him. In his anger, Owen scratched his brother's face with a stick. A woman saw him and accused him of dishonoring his family, and said that he would be stoned. But she also said that if he went to his father and asked for mercy, God might forgive him in the afterlife.
I never saw the rest.

#532 | Back to Top03-31-2012 08:03:44 AM

wblstudios
Banned

In this dream, I was in a bowling alley, and I was bowling with late-90's rap icon DMX.  The only problem was that the place was horribly crowded, and we ended up having to bowl at the very end of the alley (lane 180).  That, and there was a 'cherry-picker' crane sitting right in the middle of the walking space.  The place was so crowded, that I actually had to aim and throw the ball at the exact same time as everyone around me.

I let the ball go, and it went above the pins, into a little mesh tray holding up some drinks.  It knocks over the cup of fruit juice on the far end, and traps it between the edge and the tray.  I get frustrated and grab the ball, slamming it into the cup so it goes down the hole completely.  I walk back over to my seat, and when DMX asks me what happened, I just say "It hit the fruit juice and got stuck.  Just mark it as a strike."  DMX is like "Oh, so that's how you wanna play, huh?"

DMX walks off, and apparently although the crane is gone now, there's a produce stand taking up part of the bowling alley now.  DMX picks a huge pumpkin instead of his bowling ball, and makes his way back towards our lane.  A couple of rednecks try to stop him, I believe they worked for the bowling alley and didn't want him to get the place messy with pumpkin guts.  DMX is getting pissed off, so I try to diffuse the situation by saying "Come on, X.  Look at all the bumps in that thing.  There's no way you'll be able to throw it straight anyways."

Then I wake up IRL, realizing it's 7:45 AM, and that I'm supposed to meet someone at 8 AM.

#533 | Back to Top07-26-2012 01:28:08 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

I had a real doozy last night. I was in white spandex trying to break out of prison. I got lost in the walls like a rat and ended up crawling lower and lower until I found myself in a slaughterhouse. I eventually escaped to my friend's house and Giovanna came to visit.

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#534 | Back to Top07-27-2012 06:37:03 AM

Lurv
Pained Growlithe

I just had a creepy dream, though I'm sure it sounds silly when I try to describe it. emot-tongue

I was trying to hide from a monster (not sure how to describe it, but I don't think it was humanoid), who was roaming around inside my grandparents' house. At some point I got stuck, so I had to try and get past it (my idea was to run and hope I was quick enough for it to not notice). Then, a boy came and told me that the monster just wanted to talk. I was skeptical of course, but not having many options, I went to the kitchen where the monster and everyone were gathered. I don't remember what the monster said, but apparently it all turned out fine, and the monster left.

And then everything went on as normal for a while. Normal for a dream anyway. Cut forward in time, and we see a girl driving in a car, talking to the audience (this part made me think of Marble Hornets). She had been the one talking to the monster, and she said said that you might not remember her from the show much, but she was very emotional, which was probably why...

Before she's done explaining, however, her car gets out of control. It keeps driving around uncontrollably for a while, and when it finally stops, the girl hits her head on the steering wheel and bleeds all over it. In her final moments she thinks about how badly her hand is hurting. And then I wake up.

So yeah, didn't take me long before I started talking about one my dreams here. emot-rolleyes That dream freaked me out though. When I fell asleep again I eventually started to dream about video games, which is a lot nicer.

Last edited by Lurv (07-27-2012 06:37:55 AM)

#535 | Back to Top08-12-2012 06:23:20 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Several times last night I dreamed that I woke up to an urgent text from a vIRGin.  Then I actually woke up with the strong impression that my text message alert had actually gone off.  Whatever it is, it can wait, I thought, and went back to sleep to start the cycle over.

This morning I checked my text messages, and there weren't any.  emot-rofl

I didn't sleep very well.  emot-frown

#536 | Back to Top08-16-2012 01:44:20 AM

Dazmi
Miki Molester
Website

I cut my area off with a large kitchen knife. The whole dream was just me (naked) in the bathroom bleeding to death. When I woke up, I had to check if it was still there. That's weird, not having any feeling there.

The next night I was falling to the ground, respawing in the air over and over. The whole dream. There was a Simpsons poster on the wall of my bedroom despite the fact that I have no posters. And I was naked again.

Why am I always naked in my dreams? On that note, why are all my dreams me getting hurt?

Last edited by Dazmi (08-16-2012 04:28:34 AM)

#537 | Back to Top08-25-2012 09:09:31 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Two firsts last night, both in the same dream!

- This is the first time I remember dreaming I was a woman, and
- This is the first time I'm certain my sense of smell worked in my dream.

It was an atypical dream in other ways, too -- I remembered it, for one thing, and it was horror-themed brushing up on a nightmare, for another.  The part I remember most vividly was descending a dark staircase in the company of someone I didn't know.  I was sniffing each floor as we went down, and they all smelled different -- one musty, one chemical, and so on.  At the bottom there was a door that led to one more staircase.  As I got to the bottom of that staircase, I heard the door above me open and close, which was weird because I thought the stranger was ahead of me, not behind me.  I called out his name, and a different voice entirely came from above me, very deep and ominous, of the "this thing will definitely kill you" variety.  I hurried through a door into the next room, where the stranger was waiting for me, and I hurried to lock the door and look for a hiding spot before the thing behind us would break it down.

And then I woke up.  I was like "good game design, dream!  By having the sound effect of the door opening and closing, you communicated that whatever is after us needs to open and close doors, and therefore can be obstructed."  emot-biggrin

#538 | Back to Top08-25-2012 09:16:43 AM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

I realized that dreaming on the night when you are drunk... Your brain comes up with the weirdest stuff.

This dream consisted of several different stuff. I only remembered a couple scenes now.

I recalled us having Rosecon (I was convinced it's probably a Rosecon because Stormy was in it, and he said in the dream that he's got a teaching job in Columbia).... not sure where this Rosecon took place, but it involved going onto a bus and traveling to some place with a col de sac and stone pillars. I had the impression that it's some kind of music hall.

It was very very breezy, and on the bus, there's this old lady who wore a Sailor Moon costume. When the bus made a stop, she wants to exit the bus, but all the passengers were freaking out because they're afraid that if the wind blows on her skirt, they'll see her unmentionables. Her response was that it's no different from wiping your butt after taking a dump (I... don't know how that is logical...). And, that kinda got the passengers even more disgusted at the thought. So, when she DID walk out of the bus, yes, the wind blew on her, and a bunch of people started screaming when they saw her.

I remembered commenting that I had mad respect for the old woman for having the guts to cosplay well into her old age.

Fast forward, arriving at destination, it looked like we are in an old school where the classrooms are all windows and no air conditioning. For some reason, I recalled needing to learn how to treat myself if I were stung by a bee, and what better way to learn that by getting stung by a bee first? This bee I encountered had a sting the size of a thumb tack. Turns out later that the REAL sting is actually connected to a thumb tack. So, when the bee stung me, it actually didn't hurt (Somehow recalling the Goliad episode from Adventure Time helps). And then the place where it stung me grew bean sprout. People freaked out and said that I need to get seen by a doctor, even though I didn't know what the big deal is because it didn't hurt.

Waking up, I realized how terrifying it would have been if there actually was a bean sprout growing in my nail.

#539 | Back to Top10-21-2012 08:10:18 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Kirby, the best dog who ever was, has been dead for seven years.  Tonight I saw him in a dream for only the third time since he died.  This time was different, because this time we weren't in a dream landscape but in my actual room, and I knew he was dead.  I gave him a big hug and I could feel the bumps on his skin.  I knew it might be a dream, but for about ten seconds I thought maybe I was dead and with Kirby.  It turned out I wasn't, and now I can't stop crying.

#540 | Back to Top10-21-2012 06:30:18 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

*hugs* for you, satyr. emot-frown Here's hoping you have better dreams of your beloved doggy!

I dreamt earlier this morning (yesterday morning? I donno) that Minecraft had updated to 1.4. Then I woke up. Dammit, consciouness, why must you torment me so? emot-frown

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#541 | Back to Top11-24-2012 08:37:15 AM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

I had a dream last night where I was going to club with Kanba and Shouma.......

And then I had to wake up...... Somehow the actual clubbing never happened because too much time was spent dreaming about getting ready for it.

#542 | Back to Top11-24-2012 11:00:23 AM

Dazmi
Miki Molester
Website

Four dreams!

-Some guy screaming "revenge". Got more parasitic and monstrous everytime the word was shouted. Grossed me out.
-I turned on the faucet and there was no cold water. The horror!
-Flew at warp speed down a long, white hallway for quite some time. Crashed into a glass door, got cut everywhere and died.
-I was sitting in this dark ally under a yellow street light and something scary was walking toward me. Turns out it was a Lion with a doofy smile on its face. Got to hug it and feel its mane. Made me feel soft and relaxed when I woke up.

Last edited by Dazmi (11-24-2012 11:17:42 AM)

#543 | Back to Top11-27-2012 09:56:33 AM

Riri-kins
World's End

I was making love to Channing Tatum and when I woke up he was dead. Later on I found out it wasn't even him. It was just a guy who went around impersonating him for money so the real Channing had more time to focus on acting.

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#544 | Back to Top11-29-2012 06:35:37 AM

TheOnlyFlorence
Revolution Televisor

Crisis: The world is now in a shortage of 2% milk. No one is allowed to buy said product until supplies return.

I walk through a market, people running about, trying to find a substitute. I pick up a gallon of 1% milk, but put it back, as it doesn't meet my wants. Wanda Sykes then comes up behind me, with green hair, chewing me out and using many types of racial slurs. I explain to her that I was just putting it back. She says nothing, but walks off, defeated.

I happen across the refrigerated section and miraculously find some 2%. I quickly grab it and stuff it into my cart. Once I make my way to the cashier, they say to me that they cannot sell the milk to me, as we're in a shortage. I ask them why, even if I found it? Shouldn't they not even have it out at all? Since it was found, and was out in the open, they should sell it. They simply state that they cannot.

#545 | Back to Top11-29-2012 09:15:35 PM

The_Lame_Goat
Rose Smilee

Akio drove me to a shady looking motel in Florida where we ate shrimp tacos before he and Touga started belly dancing to "Hips Don't Lie".

Oh treachery!

#546 | Back to Top11-29-2012 10:13:56 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Had a wonderful, lucid dream.  Pretty much perfect, although details were still hard to get down.  I couldn't look too long at anything, and I for the most part ignored creating any kind of memorable scenery.  I was going for a kind of story.

Secret story.

Not based on fanfic.  Swears.

#547 | Back to Top12-02-2012 08:40:14 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Dreamed I was teaching satyreyes to play the first Ape Escape game on some PSP emulator so bizarre I couldn't even begin to guess who made it or why it was so bizarre. Apparently it could rip individual files from the game and play them back at your leisure? I donno. I was also going overboard with the information, and I think satyr was getting angry with me for it, much like my mom does.

(I know you would never, satyr, but my mind is a weird place when asleeps.)

Fun, though. emot-dance

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#548 | Back to Top02-15-2013 11:29:08 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I had the strangest dream last night. If written as a story, I think it would be my version of Empire Star.

I'm not sure anyone would ever care to read that story, but at least I'll preserve the details from it here.

We started with me and Gio, walking around in this tiny jewel of a tropical city, walking toward a market to check out the fresh fruits. The harbor in the south was a vivid blue, and I could see some girls picnicking on a grassy spot in the park, and further down, a girl in a white set of clothing, like hospital scrubs, running along the edge of the beach. Gio and I walked into the store and spent some time chatting with the patrons, talking the the wonderful old caribbean lady who ran it. We knew her-- she hugged us both, and pointed us toward something new that she'd thought we'd like. They looked like tiny, fuzzy pineapples, and tasted divine. We bought a few things from her and we were heading back to my family's waterfront home to make something interesting out of them when the girl who was running pushed past us. I didn't recognize her, but she looked scared.

When we got to my family's home, Gio was barred entry by the doorman, and my father (who wasn't my real life father) told me my marriage to her was no longer recognized by the state and I needed to be married to someone else, quickly, because I'd caused such a scandal by being married to a woman in the first place. He told me they had someone suitable picked out for me, someone who could bring more assets to our family, and gestured to a man with sandy hair and a possessive look in his eye. I didn't know him. I flat out refused to comply with everything, and my father grabbed my arm and called for his footmen to lock my in my room.

After that, there's a bit about secret passages that I'm not really clear on, but I remember it being absolutely urgent for me to reach the kitchen. I think I had a stash of money there someplace where no one else knew about it, or I was going to get food there. Regardless, neither of these things happened; the kitchen staff was being shouted at by someone resembling my real life mother, who saw me, called me ungrateful and sneaky, and had two of the girls from the kitchen bring me back to my room. I remember seeing a sympathetic looking doctor in the foyer as we passed, and after he saw the kitchen maids dragging me back to my room and the struggle I was putting up, I heard him start to threaten to call the police, and my father start to order the footmen to escort him from the premises. The girls bringing me to my room couldn't have done any different when others were watching, as some of the household staff sympathized with me and some didn't, but when they got to my room, they told me to meet them in the attic and they would bring whatever I had been looking for in the kitchen. They knew I could get out of my room, and hadn't told anyone so far, so I decided to trust them.

To get to the attic, I had to climb up two floors between the walls, then go down the main hall to the attic access (there was only one) and from there I could get to a skylight and then the ground. But I met my brother, only a hundred pounds heavier, in the hall, and somewhat cruelly, he told me that he would overlook me being out of my room if I would bring him a raisin cake from the kitchen. He was enjoying his joke at my expense when I told him I would see that he had one in an hour and, being a bit of an alright guy if basically an asshole, he agreed. When I did meet up with the kitchen maids, they agreed to make him one on my behalf, and handed me the money I had stashed and the little bag of fruit and such that Gio and I had bought from the market. There was quite a bit of money, so I gave them some for helping me, and changed into some clothes they had brought me. They looked like white hospital scrubs.

Somewhere here, I remember looking at the walls of the attic and seeing writing on them, like spells or something. I'm not sure where that fits in.

When I got to the ground, the first thing I did was find Gio-- and we went to a grassy place at the harbor, well-guarded by policemen, and sat down to try to think, and finally ate the wonderful little fruits we'd bought. Then it gets all jumbled again; a mishmash of the policemen standing by and watching while the man my family would force me to marry hunted me through the park and streets and even into the water to drag me back home.

Eventually I remember climbing out of the water, the water drying as I ran through the streets, pushing past a couple coming out of the little market, running towards a large building like a supermarket/department store of some sort, thinking to change my clothes and hair so that I could hide. I remember running through a huge flock of birds as small as hummingbirds, their feathers clipping me as they couldn't move out of the way fast enough. Inside I used a credit card that my family didn't know about to buy some things, and while standing there I saw the sympathetic young doctor from before. Just as I made my way over to him to ask for his help, the alarm rang, and I realized I absolutely had to get up as Gio and I are having lunch with Syora today.

And now we're late...

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#549 | Back to Top02-15-2013 12:00:51 PM

Lurv
Pained Growlithe

I had this dream where a time traveler got stuck inside a timeless room. Not really sure how that worked, but it made sense at the time.

#550 | Back to Top04-24-2013 12:40:49 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Once in a while I dream that I can fly, usually in the effortful way that's a little like swimming; once in a while I dream about cuddling; once in a while I dream about my dead dog Kirby.  Not often do I dream about all of those things in two days.  I've had a couple nice nights.  etc-love

Board footer