This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top01-23-2007 08:22:16 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

Re: The Pop Tarts Thread

morosemocha wrote:

YOU'VE NEVER HAD A POP TART? emot-aaa emot-aaa emot-aaa emot-aaa

You belong to a race that I never thought existed. emot-aaa

Yep, pretty much. There are probably a lot of things people here are missing out on.

Oh, but we have Toblerone though! school-devil

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#27 | Back to Top01-23-2007 08:31:04 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Tamago wrote:

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/ … rsmusk.jpg
They smell like flowers but these are some of most favourite candies.

OOO. ME CURIOUS.

We should arrange a candy swap sometime, we're such a continental crowd. cool You know, each of us send someone in another country some local non-perishable junkfood. cool

By the way, I know we have a few Mexican forum members, tell me something! Have you ever heard of this, or is it stupid-rednecks/Gio-pretending-to-be-Mexican candy? God damn I love these. Watermelon too. When I was in school no one would ever give me one or sell me one (kids would sell them to each other) because I was the uncool kid. emot-frown Also Mexican Coca-cola > US Coca-cola. Luckily, I can get the former where I live very easily. cool

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#28 | Back to Top01-23-2007 08:53:04 AM

Morielo
Saionji Slapper
Website

Oh yeah, the spicy mango popīs. those are Soooo mexican.

There are also similar version but in the shape and flavor of watermelon and corn (ok, the corn shaped is caramel flavored). Iused to have lots of those, I didnīt like much the spicy coverage, but once you got to the candy, everything was good emot-dance

Back to topic.. I can get pop tarts of special falvor if I go to Walmart or Sams Club here in Chihuahua, but in a regular store i can get Poptarts of strawberry, chocolate and cinnamon. I like the three of them but if I han to go for 1 it would be the cinnamon.

But I have more favorite snacks like

http://individual.utoronto.ca/jen_hamilton/object/adarkchoc.jpg

but if we go to something a little more mexican and salty are the Dorinachos (i promise a pic soon)

This is a bag of Doritos with nacho cheese, corn and white cheese

Working on new signature, please wait

#29 | Back to Top01-23-2007 10:18:37 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Pop Tarts rule, of course. Toaster Streudel (did I spell that right?) has NOTHING on Pop Tarts. NOTHING!!...ahem.

My favourite Pop Tart flavours are raspberry frosted, blueberry frosted and S'mores. emot-dance All of them untoasted. Somehow, I don't like my Pop Tarts heated. I like 'em plain and cold.

I've never had a Toblerone in my life, though. Now I feel like I'm missing out. emot-redface

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#30 | Back to Top01-23-2007 10:28:18 AM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I used to like S'mores Pop-Tarts, but I tried strawberry Pop-Tarts shortly after the Pop-Tart joke began, and I like those better now. They're really hot once they get out of the toaster. I used a styrofoam  plate, and it melted part of it. O.o

Those of you without Pop-Tarts in your country have my sympathy. emot-frown

#31 | Back to Top01-23-2007 11:22:51 AM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

Giovanna wrote:

By the way, I know we have a few Mexican forum members, tell me something! Have you ever heard of this, or is it stupid-rednecks/Gio-pretending-to-be-Mexican candy? God damn I love these. Watermelon too. When I was in school no one would ever give me one or sell me one (kids would sell them to each other) because I was the uncool kid. emot-frown Also Mexican Coca-cola > US Coca-cola. Luckily, I can get the former where I live very easily. cool

Denver has a large Mexican population, so a good number of my employess are Mexican.  I was once given one of those watermelon pops with the chili powder on it.  I had to rinse a good bit of the poweder off ebcause it was too spicy for me.  I still find the thoughts of putting chili powder on candy rather odd, but whatever floats your boat, right?

Life is short: break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/ninjasin/fate1pu4-1.jpg

#32 | Back to Top01-23-2007 12:25:14 PM

Arki
Dark Whisperer

Tamago wrote:

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/ … rsmusk.jpg
They smell like flowers but these are some of most favourite candies.

Oh, we used to have those. :3 I remember eating them as a kid. That is, whenever I nagged my parents enough for them to buy it for me ("No way. It's just chemicals and poison.").

http://gvz-studio.com/e-catalog/images/bajadera%20100g.jpeg

Yum. If you're looking for Croatian products, this is the way to go. n_n They're fabulous. We should definetly swap sweets sometime. Oh wow, the biggest candy producer in Croatia has a website with a whole list of products. How convenient. They even have it on English, but the pages are a little different/slightly outdated.

Pick your poison. I pretty much saw anything from there in stores. emot-biggrin

#33 | Back to Top01-23-2007 03:31:18 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Count me in among those who do not toast their Pop Tarts.  Except on rare occasions.

Also, I've had those Aero chocolate bars before.  I particularly like the one with mint. emot-keke

Last edited by Imaginary Bad Bug (01-23-2007 03:31:42 PM)

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#34 | Back to Top01-23-2007 05:30:10 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/spatulasama/chocolatefavourites.jpg

etc-love Some of my favourite Cadburys Chocolates. etc-love

Caramello - Milk Chocolate with a smooth flowing caramel centre.
Mousse - Milk Chocolate with a chocolate mousse centre.
Snack - Milk Chocolate filled with strawberry, pineapple, orange, coconut ice, turkish delight and caramel flavoured fondants.
Marble - White and Milk Chocolate mixed to look like marble with a hazlenut prailine centre.
Cherry Ripe - Cherries and coconut smothered in rich 'Old Gold' Dark Chocolate.

#35 | Back to Top01-23-2007 05:43:56 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#36 | Back to Top01-23-2007 06:31:02 PM

Morielo
Saionji Slapper
Website

Tamago wrote:

First time i read that candybar name I misunderstood it with "cherry rape".

I tought: mmm that sounds sexy school-devil

#37 | Back to Top01-23-2007 07:13:52 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

One subject related to this thread is that cooking accidents can lead to fire.  Has anyone else ever had an accident with fire?

As a 'latch-key' kid, I often got home after school to an empty house (the pets were there but they don't count in this case.) and I learnt to cook for myself even if it was simple things like heating up sausage rolls, some bangers and mash or fishfingers and chips, the last one using a small deep fryer.

Well anyway, I made the mistake of making fishfingers and chips while watching a 'You can't do that on Television' rerun and I wasn't paying attention and before I knew it, the oil got too hot and the oil caught fire.  I at least remembered that I had some wet blankets soaking in the washing machine so I attempted to cover the fryer with a wet sheet just as mum got home. she ran in quick and turned off the fryer and used the extinguisher which I totally forgot about.

Needless to say, I was in deep doo-doo for quite a while after that.

#38 | Back to Top01-23-2007 07:15:20 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Morielo wrote:

Tamago wrote:

First time i read that candybar name I misunderstood it with "cherry rape".

CHERRY RAPE! = Akio's favourite snack school-devil

#39 | Back to Top01-23-2007 07:16:12 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/RzMule/poptarts.jpg
I wonder if I ate these when I was a kid...

Tamago wrote:

Caramello is my favorite type of candy bar.

I think that I must have broken my taste buds or something, because not only am I a really picky eater, I don't even like chocolate unless it has caramel in it. emot-frown

#40 | Back to Top01-23-2007 07:20:26 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Tamago wrote:

Morielo wrote:

CHERRY RAPE! = Akio's favourite snack school-devil

Oh god etc-love

I wanna go to Australia and have a few drinks with you.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#41 | Back to Top01-23-2007 07:22:43 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Razara wrote:

Pokemon Poptarts
I wonder if I ate these when I was a kid...

Tamago wrote:

Caramello is my favorite type of candy bar.

I think that I must have broken my taste buds or something, because not only am I a really picky eater, I don't even like chocolate unless it has caramel in it. emot-frown

So how long has your taste for chocolate been this narrow?

Giovanna wrote:

Oh god

I wanna go to Australia and have a few drinks with you.

Well you would be coming to the right part of Australia then, South Australia with McLaren Vale, Adelaide Hills and the Barossa Valley, practically are the wine centres of Australia. cool  We also have New Zealand cheese! emot-keke

Last edited by Tamago (01-23-2007 07:28:29 PM)

#42 | Back to Top01-23-2007 07:29:39 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Tamago wrote:

So how long has your taste for chocolate been this narrow?

For as long as I can remember. It's not just caramel that I like with chocolate, but I just don't like it much on its own.

#43 | Back to Top01-23-2007 07:52:26 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Tamago wrote:

Mousse - Milk Chocolate with a chocolate mousse centre.
Snack - Milk Chocolate filled with strawberry, pineapple, orange, coconut ice, turkish delight and caramel flavoured fondants.
Marble - White and Milk Chocolate mixed to look like marble with a hazlenut prailine centre.

With the exception of Caramello I haven't even seen those in the UK, let alone the States. And Marble sounds to die for.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#44 | Back to Top01-23-2007 08:11:02 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Tamago wrote:

Well you would be coming to the right part of Australia then, South Australia with McLaren Vale, Adelaide Hills and the Barossa Valley, practically are the wine centres of Australia. cool  We also have New Zealand cheese! emot-keke

Darling, I dream about McLaren Vale shiraz. What are the pasteurization laws like over there? Dammit I need to go on an IRG backpacking tour where I totally just bum off you unlucky folks. cool

But I do cook! And I promise I don't make any noise. I've been masturbating in silence for years.

#45 | Back to Top01-23-2007 08:13:41 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Shattered, Over here in Oz, Cadburys and Nestle are the most popular chocolates with Mars Incorporated and Kraft Foods not too far behind, brands like Hershey's on the other hand tend to be pretty marginal over here.

#46 | Back to Top01-23-2007 08:20:17 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Hershey's is crap anyway. I hate it. At least I get my Turkish Delight Cadbury's at Christmas... but of course it's finished by now.

#47 | Back to Top01-23-2007 09:30:31 PM

Morielo
Saionji Slapper
Website

yeah hersheys candybars are just too sweet, thatīs why my favorite is the dark chocolate.

Now that i remember, I had a toblerone about 2 or 3 months ago, it surely is a ultra high quality chocolate, a little pricy, but the taste is awesome.

There is also one cholate that is kind of a luxury but it worths every penny (o should i say peso)

http://www.buonitalia.com/files/CPB00000/492.jpg

Ferrero Rocher emot-dance, a chocolate covered with finest nuts on the exterior, and inside a small fine layer of cookie with a filling of hazelnut cream, the first time I tasted one of those i remember calling it Orgasmlate school-devil

#48 | Back to Top01-23-2007 10:16:39 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Mmm, Ferrero Rocher...

And if you like your chocolate straight, then go for THIS:
http://www.straubs.com/items/item-66.jpg

#49 | Back to Top01-24-2007 02:10:39 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

http://www.homeicecream.com/home.htm

The link above is the Ice Cream Delivery Service that comes around our place in Adelaide once a fortnight (14 days), you know its them a couple of blocks away with the old fashioned bell that it dings slowly as it goes by.  They sell icecream by either the boxful or by the tub.

I usually get the Choc Milks every second visit, Chocolate Cones for mum and once in a while, we get some Vanilla Icebergers or try out a new product if it sounds good. etc-love

#50 | Back to Top01-24-2007 02:22:22 AM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

I love poptarts, what else can i say? Frosted strawberry and cinamon are my love. 4 years that i haven't taste one, and i'm happy now.

But i must tell you, my friends, why i miss so much Mexico, not only for its beauty and amazing chili / sweet smacks, but also because of the horror that i suffer in here in Spain.

Don't belive me?

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/9417/image01295pe.jpg

Ketchup flavoured popcorn.

Board footer