This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top07-19-2007 11:40:45 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Re: okCupid's Dating Persona Test

Frosty wrote:

Tamago wrote:

And the being caught by your parents question, the only reason I chose my father was that he was dead!

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Same answer/reason here!!!

edit: so I don't appear to be such a bitch, I'm not laughing because our fathers are dead - just the answer was funny.

Thats ok, my father has been dead for a long time and from what mum told me of him, she thought he was dead or in jail before she found out that he dried up thanks to the Salvos but died of ball cancer a few years later.

For years when I was younger and an avid reader of stuff that most kids under ten have no interest in, I concluded that the reason I didn't have a father was that I was a test-tube baby.

#27 | Back to Top07-19-2007 11:44:02 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

I quite like OKCupid, and my results have shifted since the first time I took the test a couple of years ago. Originally I was the Boy Next Door. Six months ago, I was the Pool Boy. Now I'm the Loverboy. Who, incidentally, is listed as being a good match for The Peach. I guess OKCupid says we're compatible, ali!

It also says I'm compatible with the Window Shopper, so... Frosty? emot-wink

Last edited by ShatteredMirror (07-19-2007 11:47:36 PM)

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#28 | Back to Top07-19-2007 11:49:22 PM

hyacinth_black
une personne horrible
Website

HAY I'M THE WINDOW SHOPPER TOOOOOOO!!!

Don't ignore me because I'm underage.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/hyacinth-black/woops.gif
Hyacinth Black: Not much else to say, is there?

#29 | Back to Top07-19-2007 11:53:53 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Shattered likes not being in jail. Besides, if you want some of this you have to get ali's permission first and I don't know if she knows you well enough yet. emot-smile

#30 | Back to Top07-20-2007 12:47:18 AM

dlaire
A Whole Orange

#31 | Back to Top07-20-2007 06:10:10 AM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

Frosty wrote:

Tamago wrote:

And the being caught by your parents question, the only reason I chose my father was that he was dead!

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!

edit: so I don't appear to be such a bitch, I'm not laughing because our fathers are dead - just the answer was funny.

Even though my father's dead too, I'd still rather be caught by my mom. 

This is seems like a somewhat high rate of father-loss on such a small forum.  I find that somewhat curious.  Of course, then Paradox added, "Perhaps you seek out Utena as the  male figure in your life."

#32 | Back to Top07-20-2007 07:33:54 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Cerise wrote:

Frosty wrote:

Tamago wrote:

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Even though my father's dead too, I'd still rather be caught by my mom. 

This is seems like a somewhat high rate of father-loss on such a small forum.  I find that somewhat curious.  Of course, then Paradox added, "Perhaps you seek out Utena as the  male figure in your life."

If I feel any loss for not having a father, it must be deep deep down in my mind as I don't think about the fatherless thing except for once in a blue moon.

#33 | Back to Top07-20-2007 10:22:17 AM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

I'm apparently The Nurse or  The Playstation

My match is The Pool Boy or Play Boy emot-keke  I'd fit right into Ohtori.

Last edited by Iris (07-20-2007 10:40:31 AM)

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/IrisBeloved/piano.png

#34 | Back to Top07-21-2007 10:45:06 PM

wingedbeastie
Nest Boxer

I'm the Wild Rose

Check out my: Twitter|Voice Over Tumblr|

#35 | Back to Top07-22-2007 02:15:48 AM

_ J _
Manly and Buxom = Manxome

I am apparently "the Vapour Trail"...

Here today, gone today. You are The Vapor Trail. Are you in a relationship now?

What about now?

Vapor Trails can be highly charismatic people--unpredictable, confident, and magnetic. You're experienced. You know how to handle yourself in a relationship, and many people appreciate that. Many people, all in a row. You've had your share of blissful beginnings, to be sure. But things almost never turn out how you'd like, do they? The problem is you're never happy with someone for an extended period of time.

hee hee hee emot-dance

EDIT:  at the "gracious" order of Yasha and Gio, I must also post thier results.  Apparently they are to lazy to open up the damn lappy and do it themselves emot-mad

Yasha, the wild rose

Colorful, but unpicked. You are The Wild Rose.

Prone to bouts of cynicism, sarcasm, and thorns, you excite a certain kind of man. Hoping to gather you up, he flirts and winks and asks you out, ultimately professing his love. Then you make him bleed. Why? Because you're the rare, independent, self-sufficient kind of woman who does want love, but not from a weakling.

You don't seem to take yourself too seriously, and that's refreshing. You aren't uptight; you don't over-plan. Romance-wise, sex isn't a top priority--a true relationship would be preferable. For your age, you haven't had a lot of bonafide love experience, though, and this kind of gets to core of the issue. You're very selective.  The problem is them, not you, right? You have lofty standards that few measure up to. You're out there all right, but not to be picked up by just anyone.

Gio, half-cocked

Fiery. Hungry. Blatant. Sexual. Christ. You are Half-Cocked.

There's a lot of wild lust inside you, banging around, that much is obvious. There's also a lot of untamed emotion. When either escapes, look out. One minute you're completely together, the next you're a howling gale of hormones and opinions.

Outside relationships, your intense, mercurial personality makes you a charmer. You can be fiercely devoted, and it's likely that many of your friends will be friends-for-life. Of course, your enemies are likewise certain and zealous, especially your exes and their therapists.  You will find the right person. In the short term, he's someone virile who won't sweat your imperfections. In the long term, he will be someone mature and caring who will grow to love them.

Last edited by _ J _ (07-22-2007 03:15:45 AM)

I will always be here to listen, the question is, whether or not you can hear...

Proptre Qua Dictum

#36 | Back to Top07-22-2007 06:13:01 AM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

I made that test long ago, my result was The Intern

The Intern
Deliberate Gentle Sex Dreamer (DGSD)

Capable. Trustworthy. Carnal. The Intern.

From our experience, Interns are nice girls who would really, really like us to come on to them. They, like you, must be looking for sex, preferably from someone good-looking and successful. So... what are you doing later? Oh, okay, cool. Well, maybe next time? Okay, okay, jeez.

The thing is, you're a little bit quiet, so men think you're waiting for them to start things. You do like sex a lot, they're right about that, but few of them realize you're a genuinely thoughful person.

You're choosy, not wanting to get mixed up with just anyone. Girls can get away with this kind of selectiveness for some reason. Most guys have to take whatever's lying around, passed out.

You're not necessarily looking for a steady relationship right now; that's cool. Be careful to avoid people trying to tie you down to anything other than bedposts.

satyreyes wrote:

I'm The Slow Dancer!  That makes me compatible with Sonnets and Maids of Honor.  Or at least, I was when I took the test years and years ago...

I don't know why i knew you would score in that one 8D

Last edited by Epi_lepsia (07-22-2007 06:14:43 AM)

#37 | Back to Top07-22-2007 06:22:10 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

_ J _ wrote:

I am apparently "the Vapour Trail"...

Yasha, the wild rose

Gio, half-cocked

...dammit, that's it, I am coming to Canada. I mean, the test says I ought to hit on Vapour Trails, and I've had both Gio and Yasha's results myself. I obviously belong in that apartment. school-devil

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#38 | Back to Top07-22-2007 01:46:34 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Clarice wrote:

...dammit, that's it, I am coming to Canada. I mean, the test says I ought to hit on Vapour Trails, and I've had both Gio and Yasha's results myself. I obviously belong in that apartment. school-devil

DAMN RIGHT.

We can ah...discuss Utena. You know, like Akio and Touga 'discuss' Utena.

J can make us snacks.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#39 | Back to Top07-22-2007 01:57:53 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Has anyone else noticed the insanely high amount of Wild Roses here? There's already 4 of us..

And has anyone else noticed that the general layout of the test results is extremely similar to the Keirsey Temperament Sorter?

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#40 | Back to Top07-22-2007 02:08:44 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Raven Nightshade wrote:

Has anyone else noticed the insanely high amount of Wild Roses here? There's already 4 of us..

It's the dramatic power of IRONY! striking again. We love it, really. school-devil (Hmm, does make you wonder what each of the SKU characters would end up as...)

Giovanna wrote:

DAMN RIGHT.

We can ah...discuss Utena. You know, like Akio and Touga 'discuss' Utena.

J can make us snacks.

How long d'you think he can last? I can "discuss" Utena for a long time, myself...

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#41 | Back to Top07-22-2007 04:44:04 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Here are my ideas of what catagories the SKU cast fall into.

Akio: He is clearly The False Messiah, but with Utena, he plays The Slow Dancer at first but you know that deep down he is somewhat The Manchild.

Utena: I think that she fits The Sonnet even thou that many of her fans think she is The Playstation.

Saionji: With Anthy he was The Mixed Messenger, after all he kept talking about loving Anthy but kept slapping her around as well.

Kozue: She fits The Nymph mixed in with some The Sudden Departure  role pretty well by how she has her way and throws them away.

#42 | Back to Top07-23-2007 09:17:36 AM

Personal_IceQueen
Covert Diarist
Website

I am the "Sonnet," which I laughed at when I read it, and when taken into the SKU context that means I identify with Utena, I laugh even harder. emot-biggrin

Last edited by Personal_IceQueen (07-23-2007 09:18:18 AM)

"Those shoes are mine betch."

#43 | Back to Top07-23-2007 01:59:37 PM

Starfire
Rose Smilee

I was also a Sonnet, it did match me quite well, I am very picky and I hate stupidity with a passion.

You know you want to. You need to. You have no choice. Do it.

#44 | Back to Top07-23-2007 04:39:09 PM

Frau Eva
Voodoo Queen

I'm the Intern, which is pretty fitting in general description and in that I was doing just that this summer. I wish it was interesting enough to name a sexual type over though. school-devil "Ooooh, what are you doing with those paperclips?" Before that, Maid of Honor. Blech, but true.

It's so hard to fit so many Utena characters with these, especially since they'll portray one thing and actually be another. I completely give up on trying to typify Anthy. emot-gonk

Hat Mafia Member

#45 | Back to Top07-26-2007 10:09:24 AM

Personal_IceQueen
Covert Diarist
Website

Starfire wrote:

I was also a Sonnet, it did match me quite well, I am very picky and I hate stupidity with a passion.

Same here, my friends claim that my standards are "impossibly high"...eh well I guess. Better off with the right person than the right person that you can not stand.

"Those shoes are mine betch."

#46 | Back to Top07-29-2007 08:50:21 AM

Starfire
Rose Smilee

Personal_IceQueen wrote:

Starfire wrote:

Same here, my friends claim that my standards are "impossibly high"...eh well I guess. Better off with the right person than the right person that you can not stand.

Too true.

You know you want to. You need to. You have no choice. Do it.

#47 | Back to Top08-05-2007 10:55:22 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

_ J _ wrote:

Yasha, the wild rose

Colorful, but unpicked. You are The Wild Rose.

Prone to bouts of cynicism, sarcasm, and thorns, you excite a certain kind of man. Hoping to gather you up, he flirts and winks and asks you out, ultimately professing his love. Then you make him bleed. Why? Because you're the rare, independent, self-sufficient kind of woman who does want love, but not from a weakling.

You don't seem to take yourself too seriously, and that's refreshing. You aren't uptight; you don't over-plan. Romance-wise, sex isn't a top priority--a true relationship would be preferable. For your age, you haven't had a lot of bonafide love experience, though, and this kind of gets to core of the issue. You're very selective.  The problem is them, not you, right? You have lofty standards that few measure up to. You're out there all right, but not to be picked up by just anyone.

I need to print this on a sign and carry it around. emot-gonk

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#48 | Back to Top08-06-2007 01:03:31 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Where are all the women who do want love from a weakling?

#49 | Back to Top08-06-2007 05:42:32 PM

mercurynin
Flourishing Verderer

I've taken this test a few times.  I was the Priss until some time last year, and I've been the Nymph since.

You know our hearts beat time out very slowly.  You know our hearts beat time -- they are waiting for something that'll never arrive.

#50 | Back to Top08-07-2007 01:18:14 PM

Persephone
Memorial Hollerer
Website

It's just time to be
sammy to the rasoodock.
And close up the business
of heart-related matters.

Board footer