This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#301 | Back to Top12-10-2008 07:09:21 AM

Arki
Dark Whisperer

Re: Utena: Remastered Release in the works?

J-Syxx wrote:

It's an HD remaster, so I'd say yes.  However, you always release the DVD first ahead of time so you can milk it for the most.

Awesomesauce. I would like to get this if it happens. And if it doesn't... Those theoretical rips sound delicious. Mmm...

#302 | Back to Top12-10-2008 07:38:34 AM

Sey
Our Sicilian Prince
Website

I spotted a difference in the Black Rose Saga emot-aaa

http://i33.tinypic.com/2qxlxyo.jpg
http://www.ohtori.nu/galerie/d/6094-1/Series_ep14_180.jpg

When Mikage opens the tomb there's a corpse inside, same thing when a duellist is defeated and the tomb is destroyed.

EDIT: It seems that the tomb scene change for every duel. When Kozue fights Utena, there are two corpse inside! I'll post the pictures next time.

Last edited by Sey (12-10-2008 07:57:31 AM)

Your lovely "That's Amore" IRG User.

#303 | Back to Top12-10-2008 10:24:00 AM

J-Syxx
Banned

Does anyone got any info about the release?  There was panic a while back about it possibly being canceled.  Did anyone find out anymore?

#304 | Back to Top12-10-2008 10:26:03 AM

Leroy
Eternal Castellan
Website

Sey wrote:

EDIT: It seems that the tomb scene change for every duel. When Kozue fights Utena, there are two corpse inside! I'll post the pictures next time.

Whoa. That's an awesome find (or a creepy attention to detail, I'm not sure which).

~ Dreaming of my Fire Flower ~

#305 | Back to Top12-10-2008 01:29:53 PM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

J-Syxx wrote:

Does anyone got any info about the release?  There was panic a while back about it possibly being canceled.  Did anyone find out anymore?

CDJapan still hasn't relisted the second box yet, but box 1 is no longer listed as out of print like it was a month or so ago.

#306 | Back to Top12-10-2008 02:06:41 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

emot-mad

I SWEAR TO GOD IF THEY BOTHERED TO ADD SHIT LIKE THAT BUT DIDN'T FIX THE AWFUL PUKED UP SHOTS OF AKIO AND TOUGA AND SAIONJI I WILL KILL THEM. Although it makes me wonder if they added anything else, like obvious pants tents or the bottle of rohypnol in Akio's kitchen. emot-biggrin

PS. Seeing the beautiful image quality makes me cry. I fixed all this by hand for the gallery. emot-gonk

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#307 | Back to Top12-10-2008 02:38:16 PM

Marin
ex-was_ohtori_akio
Website

This is just amazing! Can't wait to see more updates!

Picutres of LIve Action Akio [or I like to think so ;) LoL]

www.modelmayhem.com/marin

#308 | Back to Top12-10-2008 03:13:26 PM

Sey
Our Sicilian Prince
Website

Giovanna wrote:

I SWEAR TO GOD IF THEY BOTHERED TO ADD SHIT LIKE THAT BUT DIDN'T FIX THE AWFUL PUKED UP SHOTS OF AKIO AND TOUGA AND SAIONJI I WILL KILL THEM. Although it makes me wonder if they added anything else, like obvious pants tents or the bottle of rohypnol in Akio's kitchen. emot-biggrin

Yeah I really hope they will fix episodes 36 and 37, but we must wait the next DVD BOX.

Here's some screenshots from the "tomb's scenes":
http://i35.tinypic.com/oaaelj.png
http://i38.tinypic.com/30mq2c0.png
http://i36.tinypic.com/261f9zd.png
http://i34.tinypic.com/2dhe1di.png

Miscellaneous:
Utena-samaaaaaaa!
Touga oni-samaaaaaaaaaa!
Saionji-sam....senpai!
The Sexy One.

Last edited by Sey (12-10-2008 03:17:08 PM)

Your lovely "That's Amore" IRG User.

#309 | Back to Top12-10-2008 03:40:51 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

Sey wrote:

Holy shit that is so awesome. emot-aaa I think I might cry from joy.

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#310 | Back to Top12-10-2008 04:14:23 PM

spiralstairs
Anthy Assailer

Are there any special features on the DVDs? Commentaries? Behind the scene stuff?

#311 | Back to Top12-10-2008 04:15:51 PM

spiralstairs
Anthy Assailer

Sey wrote:

Giovanna wrote:

Yeah I really hope they will fix episodes 36 and 37, but we must wait the next DVD BOX.

Miscellaneous:
Utena-samaaaaaaa!
Touga oni-samaaaaaaaaaa!
Saionji-sam....senpai!
The Sexy One.

*curls up and dies from jealousy*

Now only if they'd fix the terrible animation and designs from the Seitokai Arc.

#312 | Back to Top12-10-2008 07:22:49 PM

IceQueenChigusa
Tenjou Tilter

Sey wrote:

Giovanna wrote:

Miscellaneous:
Utena-samaaaaaaa!
Touga oni-samaaaaaaaaaa!
Saionji-sam....senpai!
The Sexy One.

oooh those are so nice! thanks for posting them! I think its really cool that they added new things in.

Last edited by IceQueenChigusa (12-10-2008 07:23:53 PM)

#313 | Back to Top12-10-2008 07:32:57 PM

spiralstairs
Anthy Assailer

IceQueenChigusa wrote:

oooh those are so nice! thanks for posting them! I think its really cool that they added new things in.

See, now I'm dying to know what those modifications to episode 34 are going to be. I'm guessing the silhouettes of Anthy being impaled are going to be de-stretched?

#314 | Back to Top12-11-2008 04:38:53 PM

Anthiena
Egghead

Oh. My. God. I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT!

*dies from jealousy*

Oh god, those are soooo awesome! I can't wait to see what else is different. . . oh, this is just made of win.

I stopped seeking to be sought after. That wasn't being true to myself.
I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Ikuni

#315 | Back to Top12-11-2008 04:59:38 PM

bella
Atlantean Singer

THAT IS SOOO FREAKING AWESOME. SOOO AWESOME. DVD rips, pleassseeeeeeee:shlick:etc-wankgirletc-wankgirl Everything looks so much better. etc-loveetc-love

Happy Holidays Everyone! :3

#316 | Back to Top12-11-2008 07:03:03 PM

J-Syxx
Banned

LOL at the inclusion of the yaoi hand-holders from the flash-back scene.  If this doesn't get a proper release in the US, at some point someone should do a bootlegged version with a dub-track ported from the CPM discs for great justice.

Last edited by J-Syxx (12-11-2008 07:03:43 PM)

#317 | Back to Top12-14-2008 04:29:02 PM

spiralstairs
Anthy Assailer

http://www2.jrt.co.jp/cgi-bin3/ikuniweb/tomozo.cgi

Update! Second boxed set won't be out until March. (CURSES!) Until then, this should give us plenty of chances to badger the DVD owners for more screencaps. emot-biggrin (yes? yes? This is good?)

#318 | Back to Top12-18-2008 04:42:27 PM

Mylene

Second box set is back up for pre-order at CDJapan.  Placed my order for it--again. emot-tongue

#319 | Back to Top12-18-2008 04:58:22 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Mylene wrote:

Second box set is back up for pre-order at CDJapan.  Placed my order for it--again. emot-tongue

Was the price any higher? I've noticed that the yen is up about 20% over the last few months.

EDIT: According to the currency converter, the boxset is actually around $350 now, as opposed to $300 when I first started watching the exchange rates.

Last edited by Raven Nightshade (12-18-2008 05:06:59 PM)

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#320 | Back to Top12-18-2008 05:05:30 PM

Mylene

Raven Nightshade wrote:

Mylene wrote:

Was the price any higher? I've noticed that the yen is up about 20% over the last few months.

Yup. emot-frown  Well, conversion-wise.  I don't know if they use the conversion for the day of the order, or the day that it's actually charged and shipped.  I'm assuming the latter--and hope the dollar rebounds by spring!

#321 | Back to Top12-30-2008 10:15:22 PM

Copyman
Juri Jeerer

I ordered this at YesAsia and should get it soon. I'm planning to add the R1 subs to these and uploading the DVD9's at a certain site. The only problem is those damn green hardsubs.

[edit] I started working on the hardsubs and I'm thinking of making two sub tracks, one with the song lyrics & one without.

I might add the English audio but chances are the DVD9's are maxed.

Last edited by Copyman (12-31-2008 01:18:08 AM)

#322 | Back to Top12-31-2008 12:19:32 PM

Anthiena
Egghead

OMG!!! /SQUEE

Seriously. I would pay money if I had it, but I am broke as a joke.

I stopped seeking to be sought after. That wasn't being true to myself.
I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Ikuni

#323 | Back to Top01-02-2009 05:29:24 AM

Marin
ex-was_ohtori_akio
Website

Copyman wrote:

I ordered this at YesAsia and should get it soon. I'm planning to add the R1 subs to these and uploading the DVD9's at a certain site. The only problem is those damn green hardsubs.

[edit] I started working on the hardsubs and I'm thinking of making two sub tracks, one with the song lyrics & one without.

Ket us know as soon as you upload these! Can't wait! Thank you SO MUCH for doing that!

#324 | Back to Top01-02-2009 09:45:06 AM

Copyman
Juri Jeerer

was_ohtori_akio wrote:

Copyman wrote:

Ket us know as soon as you upload these! Can't wait! Thank you SO MUCH for doing that!

It will be on a private torrent site and you'd have to PM me to get it since it might not be safe to openly advertise such a site emot-tongue

I'm done with all the main sub editing for the first 8 episodes. CPM's subbing sucks, some signs are hard subbed & some aren't. Later the intro song for battle is no longer hard subbed but the battle song is.
Anyway once I get the DVDs(hoping anyway) I'll just have to time them and then do the DVD editing. Adding the English audio might be tricky, especially if this new release has new scenes or something. I wouldn't expect it but I'll give it a try.

[edit] It made it to the US and UPS just sent me a tracking # but havn't updated the info on when its expected but UPS is fast & usually takes 3-5 days.
Yesasia is great! I selected free shipping which is USPS thats slower & more unsafe IMO, but it was sent UPS instead emot-dance

Last edited by Copyman (01-02-2009 10:57:34 PM)

#325 | Back to Top01-03-2009 04:20:52 AM

Marin
ex-was_ohtori_akio
Website

Copyman wrote:

was_ohtori_akio wrote:

Copyman wrote:

It will be on a private torrent site and you'd have to PM me to get it since it might not be safe to openly advertise such a site emot-tongue

I'm done with all the main sub editing for the first 8 episodes. CPM's subbing sucks, some signs are hard subbed & some aren't. Later the intro song for battle is no longer hard subbed but the battle song is.
Anyway once I get the DVDs(hoping anyway) I'll just have to time them and then do the DVD editing. Adding the English audio might be tricky, especially if this new release has new scenes or something. I wouldn't expect it but I'll give it a try.

[edit] It made it to the US and UPS just sent me a tracking # but havn't updated the info on when its expected but UPS is fast & usually takes 3-5 days.
Yesasia is great! I selected free shipping which is USPS thats slower & more unsafe IMO, but it was sent UPS instead emot-dance

No problem! Let me know when you've got it done and I shall PM you then ;) Thanks again for that!

Board footer