This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#226 | Back to Top08-11-2009 12:37:32 PM

Prince_of_Stars
Someday Shiner
Website

Re: Who Are Your Anime Crushes? >8P

Ami for the win.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/chani_sama/prince-sig.png

Sir Hellsing: Leader of the Feminine Failure Revolution
Faithfully failing at feminine tasks, gender roles, and the conventionality of femininity since 1990.

#227 | Back to Top08-12-2009 09:09:44 PM

Syora
Presidential Accoster

I just loved Sailor Moon in general. Seiya was SUCH a catch, shame he could never compare to the stud muffin that was Tuxedo Kamen.

#228 | Back to Top08-17-2009 02:51:15 PM

Bluesky
Chpn Dlst
Website

Syora wrote:

I just loved Sailor Moon in general. Seiya was SUCH a catch, shame he could never compare to the stud muffin that was Tuxedo Kamen.

lol, I liked Seiya in an odd lesbian way, which was nice when she was kicking arse as Fighter but odd and a bit disturbing hwne he was strutting around coming on to Sailor Moon.....XD
As for TK, no-one can stand up to the stud-muffinness of Haruka emot-tongue

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#229 | Back to Top08-18-2009 01:11:19 PM

Shinolala2
Forum's Favorite Mommy
Website

i always liked jupiter and mercury. i thought they made a cute lesbo couple. and what is with people having this erie crush on light from deathnote!!! school-chef school-chef school-chef (stab,stab die!)

if you have any rgu art request please do ask!
https://www.instagram.com/joyb0mb/

#230 | Back to Top08-18-2009 01:16:47 PM

Setsuna
Tragedian

Shinolala2 wrote:

i always liked jupiter and mercury. i thought they made a cute lesbo couple. and what is with people having this erie crush on light from deathnote!!! school-chef school-chef school-chef (stab,stab die!)

funny go to any other forum and its L. I'm more of a Mello person myself, but hell Light isn't that bad looking either etc-wankgirl.

#231 | Back to Top08-18-2009 01:17:57 PM

Shinolala2
Forum's Favorite Mommy
Website

i like near. he's cute in a erie sorta way. i know its either L or light

if you have any rgu art request please do ask!
https://www.instagram.com/joyb0mb/

#232 | Back to Top08-18-2009 02:52:41 PM

Bluesky
Chpn Dlst
Website

Shinolala2 wrote:

zomg, that's such a great pairing, one of my faves. I could gush on about the yuriful possibilities of Sailor Moon all day, lol.
Seconded on the creepiness of Light, what is it with fangirls and sociopaths/plain nasty characters? (See: Sephiroth, Akio, Malfoy et al). Nowt wrong with it like, just a bit puzzling....emot-confused

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#233 | Back to Top08-18-2009 03:23:28 PM

spoon-san
Someday Shiner

Miss Bluesky wrote:

zomg, that's such a great pairing, one of my faves. I could gush on about the yuriful possibilities of Sailor Moon all day, lol.
Seconded on the creepiness of Light, what is it with fangirls and sociopaths/plain nasty characters? (See: Sephiroth, Akio, Malfoy et al). Nowt wrong with it like, just a bit puzzling....emot-confused

I seriously don't get that attraction, either, though I admit I had a thing for two characters kinda like that when I was younger, but usually they had a sob-story from their past or they kinda became good.  It's kinda like girls going for jerks...I don't really get the appeal at all, though I admit I've fallen for a guy who I thought was nice but turned out to be a prick of sorts and found it hard to get over him...but not to get into 3-D attractions.  emot-tongue  But it's like that with Vegeta fangirls and whatnot from back in the day...it's like, 'huh?'

Last edited by spoon-san (08-18-2009 03:24:22 PM)

#234 | Back to Top08-18-2009 03:42:34 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

Shinolala2 wrote:

i like near. he's cute in a erie sorta way. i know its either L or light

Hey, Mello fangirl over here. emot-mad

Speaking personally, I feel attraction to characters like Light or Mello or Draco because they're flawed. I just find characters like L, who are eccentric (but only with characteristics that make him more likable) and intelligent and always working for the side of good and blah blah blah rather boring. I'm not saying that L isn't flawed, but all his flaws seem so easily overlooked by the fandom. (Not bashing L here, I do enjoy his character.) When I fall for a character, it's because they have an incredibly obvious flaw that they are set on overlooking, but eventually grow from it: Light acknowledges that what he does is wrong, and shows signs of remorse for the death of his father, but still feels that it is for the greater good; Mello finally comes to accept that he is not strong enough on his own, pays his respects to Matt, and uses his hotheaded demeanor to help Near solve the case; Shiori comes to realize that her own insecurities and jealousy are the cause of her unhappiness, and follows Juri at the end of Azure Paler than the Sky (plus, the revolution in the last episode); Draco comes to terms with the ultimate wrong of joining the Death Eaters, meekly refuses to confirm the identities of the golden trio, expresses sorrow for the loss of one of his henchmen, and nods respectfully to Harry in the epilogue; the list can go on.

Just speaking for myself here.

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#235 | Back to Top08-18-2009 04:29:24 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/spatulasama/tanakapunie1.jpg
This is Punie Tanaka, the Princess of Magical Land. 

Ain't she the cutest Anti-Christ you have ever seen?

You think Nanami was bad when it comes to kittens? You ain't seen nothing yet. *evil laugh*

Anyhow, she is from the series Dai Mahou Touge where she is the cross between Sailor Moon and Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-chan.

Last edited by Tamago (08-18-2009 04:37:50 PM)

#236 | Back to Top08-18-2009 07:09:23 PM

Syora
Presidential Accoster

Tamago wrote:

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/ … punie1.jpg

You think Nanami was bad when it comes to kittens? You ain't seen nothing yet. *evil laugh*

Anyhow, she is from the series Dai Mahou Touge where she is the cross between Sailor Moon and Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-chan.

I like her striped undies.

#237 | Back to Top08-18-2009 07:14:01 PM

Bluesky
Chpn Dlst
Website

Syora wrote:

Tamago wrote:

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/ … punie1.jpg

I like her striped undies.

I like them but dislike the fact she is probably a loli.....
.......D:

Last edited by Miss Bluesky (08-18-2009 07:14:12 PM)

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#238 | Back to Top08-18-2009 07:43:23 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Miss Bluesky wrote:

.......D:

While her age hasn't come up, going by the boy's school uniforms, I would say she is a highschooler, but as with a lot of anime, the characters have a vague age which you cannot be sure of just by looking at them.

Lucky Star for example all look like kids due to the art style but they are 16 and over.

In Pokemon, for many of the characters, if you wern't told their age, they could be anything from 10 to 25 years old.

Hell, when I first saw Utena, I thought the cast was about 17-21 years of age not 13-16.

Last edited by Tamago (08-18-2009 07:47:13 PM)

#239 | Back to Top08-18-2009 08:03:21 PM

spoon-san
Someday Shiner

Tamago wrote:

While her age hasn't come up, going by the boy's school uniforms, I would say she is a highschooler, but as with a lot of anime, the characters have a vague age which you cannot be sure of just by looking at them.

Lucky Star for example all look like kids due to the art style but they are 16 and over.

In Pokemon, for many of the characters, if you wern't told their age, they could be anything from 10 to 25 years old.

Hell, when I first saw Utena, I thought the cast was about 17-21 years of age not 13-16.

I had the same reaction when I first watched SKU.  Most seem to at least to be high school upper-classmen. 

And a lot of characters I found/find attractive have a very youthful quality to them.  Hell, one is 14 years old.  At least one or two more could pass for that age despite being older.  I think some people just like a cute face.  Or something.  Well, at least I find I do more and more but I'm definitely not into kiddies.  But it's just anime, too.

But that aside, I think I get what you mean.

edit: her profile doesn't say, either, but one thing is that anyone who kills unicorns gains respect in my book.  That's balls.

Last edited by spoon-san (08-18-2009 08:12:30 PM)

#240 | Back to Top08-19-2009 12:38:48 AM

Android raptor
Rose Smilee
Website

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/181/40650-episode10__26__super.png
Ghinius Sakhalin(Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team)
Even if most anime fans who know who he is (which isn't a whole lot outside of Japan) hate his guts, he will still hold a place in my heart larger than any other fictional character in the history of the world. He could've damn well been the most psychologically complex character in 08th MS Team, but unfortunately the second director (first one was killed in a car crash almost halfway into the series) decided to make his development take a backseat to the two protagonist's nonsense and whining. Backstabbing asshole or not, the guy has some serious issues and it fascinates me to no end. He's probably the reason I went into ZOMGBBQ:shlick:!!! mode when I started getting into Black Rose/Mikage stuffs when watching Utena with my best friend. Some of the things Mikage does and thinks are eerily reminiscent of Ghinius to me, and I enjoy it so very much. Shame Ghinius gets absolutely no attention from fandom outside of Japan, he's more fun than a truckload of G-Wing boys (and way more etc-wankdude and etc-wankgirl worthy too!).

Oh yeah, his seiyuu also voiced a certain white-haired physician and serial rapist/murderer everyone knows and loves (or loves to hate). Given the release dates of the 08th OVAs in comparison to when Yami no Matsuei was released I kind of wonder if Hayami's portrayal of Ghinius going nutters helped him nab the part of Muraki later on. Either way he did a scary awesome job of voicing a guy who's completely off his rocker and offing friends and foes left and right, yet still manages to put on a facade of cool and charisma until shit completely hits the fan in the last two eps.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/4e/Pocket_Monsters_-Movie_2-_-_Maboroshi_no_Pokemon_-_Lugia_Bakutan.png
Jirarudan/Gelardan/Lawrence III(Revelation-Lugia or Pokemon 2000: The Power of One)
The only other character who comes close to Ghinius for me. I never saw the only thing he's ever been in way back when in '00 when I was a kiddie and Pokemon was the shit (long story), and thus had no idea this guy existed until less than a year ago. Jiri might have some of the weakest canon development ever (though that's nothing new for Pokemon), but for some reason some of the fics with him are some of the best fanfics I've ever read. Of course others are atrocious blatant Sues, but the good ones take a franchise seen a silly and childish, and character who was on screen for 20 minutes tops, and make something that's not only serious, but also has depth and sometimes can be flat-out disturbing (in a good way).

Plus Jiri is also ADORABLE. Methinks it's pretty clear he wasn't intending to bring Apocalypse or destroy humanity or anything of the sort. He was just a clueless, spoiled, and downright naive little thing who thought the bird trio and Lugia were the best shiny things ever to put on his mantelpiece. Hell, there's a chance he had no idea about the world climate disasters he caused until well after everything had been resolved and he was forced to step out of his airship for once. I kind of see him as a DnD character whose Intelligence Stat. is pretty damn good (possibly in bonus range), but his Wisdom Stat. is in the low single digits. Then again I'm a n00b to DnD...

There are others who are much more minor, though it is late and my brain is feeling quite frazzled.

Last edited by Android raptor (08-19-2009 12:54:25 AM)

#241 | Back to Top08-19-2009 12:44:38 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

spoon-san wrote:

But that aside, I think I get what you mean.

edit: her profile doesn't say, either, but one thing is that anyone who kills unicorns gains respect in my book.  That's balls.

Evil is an attactive feature to me when it comes to anime girls.

#242 | Back to Top08-19-2009 12:45:49 AM

Syora
Presidential Accoster

Android raptor wrote:

Sweet anime goodness.

You really like that old school style, hey?

#243 | Back to Top08-19-2009 05:12:58 AM

Bluesky
Chpn Dlst
Website

Tamago wrote:

Miss Bluesky wrote:

.......D:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a12/taylor_158/lolwut.jpg

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#244 | Back to Top08-19-2009 12:41:47 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

James from Team Rocket and Nephrite from Sailor Moon.

Old School Crushes. etc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-love

#245 | Back to Top08-19-2009 01:01:47 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

spoon-san wrote:

Miss Bluesky wrote:

I seriously don't get that attraction, either, though I admit I had a thing for two characters kinda like that when I was younger, but usually they had a sob-story from their past or they kinda became good.  It's kinda like girls going for jerks...I don't really get the appeal at all, though I admit I've fallen for a guy who I thought was nice but turned out to be a prick of sorts and found it hard to get over him...but not to get into 3-D attractions.  emot-tongue  But it's like that with Vegeta fangirls and whatnot from back in the day...it's like, 'huh?'

Well, I think it's because characters like that might have been jerks, but they were so confident and sexy that you just ignored it. For instance, the fact that almost nothing scared Vegeta made him even sexier.etc-love Oh, and his hair is ultra hot.

By the way, can somebody explain why anybody thought Tenchi Muyo's Ryoko was attractive? I never understood why so many people thought she was any prize.emot-confused

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#246 | Back to Top08-19-2009 01:10:12 PM

spoon-san
Someday Shiner

Riri-kins wrote:

Well, I think it's because characters like that might have been jerks, but they were so confident and sexy that you just ignored it. For instance, the fact that almost nothing scared Vegeta made him even sexier.etc-love Oh, and his hair is ultra hot.

Fair enough but it just lacks any personal appeal.

By the way, can somebody explain why anybody thought Tenchi Muyo's Ryoko was attractive? I never understood why so many people thought she was any prize.emot-confused

She's not someone I'd want to really live with, but she's hot in that she is a bit of a mixture of chaotic dominance and romantic tenderness and I plain like her a lot as a character and sympathize with her (not empathize).  Her foolhardy cockiness is a bit of a turn on for me, though nowadays I go for a bit milder characters as far as being temperamental goes.  I guess I find her antics cute at times.  I dunno.

#247 | Back to Top08-19-2009 03:09:29 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Miss Bluesky wrote:

Well I know at least that if the evil/psycho characters I find appealing existed in real life, I wouldn't want to date them, I find them appealing more as interesting characters and fun to read/watch as well as indulging my dark side rather any lovey dovey feelings.

For instance, I am fasinated with girls like:

Chiri
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/spatulasama/ChiriKitsu08.jpg

Abiru
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/spatulasama/abiru3.jpg

Kiri
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/spatulasama/th_kiri2.png

Hild
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/spatulasama/hild2.jpg

Mayo
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/spatulasama/MitamaMayo1.jpg

Mizuho
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/spatulasama/mizuhoBOKU.jpg

But the same characteristics that attact me to them are also traits that would make any relationship unworkable (more or less) and in Mizuho's case, I don't think I would really get into any lovey dovey-ness with a boy no matter how feminine he looks, these crushes are best kept in my twisted fantasies.

#248 | Back to Top08-19-2009 04:10:49 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

Nephrite from Sailor Moon.

Does he remind you of Saionji? Or is it just me? The relationship between him and Naru doesn't help the parallels at all.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#249 | Back to Top08-19-2009 06:25:11 PM

Android raptor
Rose Smilee
Website

Syora wrote:

Android raptor wrote:

Sweet anime goodness.

You really like that old school style, hey?

That's no old school, my boy, no old school. Not to me anyway. Both are from mid-late 90's animus. Now THESE are my old school character crushes:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/gundam/images/thumb/0/0b/Gihren_Zabi_%28Gundam%29.jpg/300px-Gihren_Zabi_%28Gundam%29.jpg
Giren Zabi(Mobile Suit Gundam)
This guy is kinda' like what you'd get if you amalgamated Akio with Adolf Hitler in some sort of unholy experiment that should never happen. But he's so, so deliciously charming and charismatic, and so very evil for it. Giren is the oldest of the Zabi family kids from the Gundam series that started it all back in '79. FYI, the Zabi family = the family ruling over the antagonistic Duchy of Zeon, a group of people from the group of space colonies furthest from the Earth who started the One Year War (the primary conflict in MSG and numerous side-stories, including 08th MS Team). Amongst other things, Giren orders the gassing and thus mass murder of millions of people on other Sides (groups of space colonies), the dropping of one of these gassed colonies on Earth which results in a good chunk of Australia turning into a water-filled crater, another colony to be turned into a giant laser OF DEATH, which he uses to vaporize Earth Federation and Zeon tropes (including his own father), and numerous other bad, bad things. Yet he's so, so charismatic and cunning that I find him disturbingly sexy. Hell, some supplemental material states that his IQ is 240, so he'd definitely be a pretty interesting guy to talk to IMHO.

Plus I LOOOOVE to pair him with Ghinius in fanshit that *doesn't* go against anything significant in canon. Though such stuff is NEVER romantic obviously, at best Giren and Ghinius are more or less friends with benefits. Also Ghinius's rank is stupidly high for a commissioned officer (so says one of my reservist Gundam fan friends), so I have this thing about him earning his rank under Giren's desk. After all, Giren is a dictator with absolute power over all major happenings on Side 3, and those types tend to mess around with mistresses and shit, and Ghinius isn't exactly the most masculine of guys and is lonely and in need of funding for his engineering pet projects, plus Ghinius being male = no worries about pesky illegitimate offspring, so Giren takes the opportunity and lures Pretty McNuttypants into bed without second thought. And it all makes me etc-wankgirletc-wankgirletc-wankgirl like nobodies business.

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/181/50885-vlcsnap_75269_super.png
Kishiria Zabi(Mobile Suit Gundam)
While she may look like an ugly old horse-face underneath the mask, Kishiria is one of the anime women I'd go lesbian for in a heartbeat. She may be ruthless, cunning, and cold as hell, though in a day when women in anime were either pure, immaculate Goddesses or subservient, powerless pawns to the male characters, she was definitely something to take note of. She don't take no crap, and she actually does a pretty damn good job at what she does until a certain someone stabs her in the back. And it's a fucking shame, because the rabid Char Aznable (the someone in question) fanboys bash her to no end because they let a fictional character think for them and get nasty as hell to anyone who says otherwise. Fandom double standards and rabid stupidity always make me cry on the inside :/

http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds/uc/0083/characters/images/chara_cima_a.gif
Cima Garahau(Gundam 0083: Stardust Memories)
This woman is SEX. I re-watched this early 90's OVA with a friend of mine a while back, and oh God Cima made me drool. She's a bit like Kishiria, only much more openly antagonistic to her former superiors. But she has damn good reason to be, since they pretty much fucked her life over completely in the war three years prior. And she's one of the few characters in 0083 who isn't completely 2-dimensional and stupid, making her surprisingly popular in some circles. And I think I have a thing for older tough-ass ladies, so... etc-wankgirletc-wankgirletc-wankgirl

BRB, cleaning up drool.

Last edited by Android raptor (08-20-2009 08:57:29 AM)

#250 | Back to Top08-19-2009 10:24:55 PM

Syora
Presidential Accoster

LOL touché. Circa 70s-80s is definitely the true old(er?) school.

Your idols seem kick-ass, with a solid basis for liking them. emot-biggrin I for one haven't watched a single series you mentioned. emot-frown

Board footer