This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top05-11-2011 11:24:51 PM

Saito Hoshikawa
Thorn of Death

Rapunzle, Let Down Your Hair: Hairstyle questions/advice thingy

OOOOOOOO-KAY!

So I'm sure there's several of us that kinda want to get a new haircut, new hair color, want to shave our hair off, or want to try new styles. The only problem: We're not quite sure what to do, try, color, or use on our hair. Hence, I made this thread! (Shoot me down now if there's already a thread up like this, or it's not necessary. Whichever comes first.) So, now you can come here about your hair-related issues and what not and we can try to help each other, granted without forcing haircuts on each other. XD

I'll start~:
I've been wanting to get my hair cut again for a while now. Last time I had it cut about a few centimeters above my shoulders, but now I kinda want it shorter than that. Short like Miki's hair, or like movie!Utena's hair. (Yes, I like their hairstyles. Don't judge me.emot-biggrin) Here's my problem, though: I have the kind of curly hair that is horribly frizzy in wet/humid weather. It's also really thick.
First pic - after last haircut; before brushing, several hours after last bath
Second pic - before last haircut; shows curliness, dried after shower and brushed
Third pic - after haircut; average curl, hard to see in pic but it's between brushed-curly and chillax-curly

Anyone have any ideas? Yay or nay?

And start your asking/advice-giving~!

"Whatever all this is, it needs to not be a thing at all."

Being a ghosty piece of shit with no standards since 2014 (maybe earlier).

#2 | Back to Top11-16-2014 03:58:31 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

Re: Rapunzle, Let Down Your Hair: Hairstyle questions/advice thingy

(raises thread from the dead)

I have a slightly chubby heart shaped face and fine hair. I am sick of having a shoulder length style and am considering getting a chin length bob but my mother says it makes me look like a guy. Does anybody have new style suggestions besides those?

Last edited by Riri-kins (11-16-2014 04:03:06 PM)

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#3 | Back to Top11-17-2014 03:08:01 PM

Mangorabbit
Touga Topper

A bob would look fine and feminine on a heart shaped face. I would think it would be more flapper than boy in looks. The first cut on this site might be nice. http://www.latest-hairstyles.com/trends … faces.html and this video has lots of advice on styleing http://www.howcast.com/videos/508117-Sh … Hairstyles.

"Here is my secret. It is very simple: one sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes."

#4 | Back to Top11-18-2014 01:20:17 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

I have a rounder face, and I don't like a bob on myself personally, but it's worth noting that I have thick hair and bobs tend to look triangular because of it. My sister had a bob for a while and it worked very well on her since her hair was much thinner and it laid properly. Have you considered a pixie? I went from waist length to pixie a few months back and I love it.

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#5 | Back to Top11-21-2014 03:31:49 AM

Snow
Troublesome Insect

Thick and tangly hair here too. If you have fine hair, maybe you could try a layering haircut. The classical uniform length bob tends to look like a helmet on most heads, mine included, and a bit of layering could give it an edge. Also the so-called lob, or long bob (with hair down to your shoulders but in a slightly bob-like shape) gives you the freedom to do more things with it, like curling it or tying it up, maybe even into a bun if it's of adequate length (Vogue says it's out of fashion but if it works for you...). And also the mentioned pixie if you're feeling adventurous. I chopped my long hair off to a pixie a couple of years ago and never regretted it, but it does require frequent touch-ups to keep the nice shape, it was about every month or so for me.

Board footer