This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top02-21-2010 12:12:09 PM

Jodan Kamae
Wakaba Wrangler

Re: Utena Cosplay

Giovanna wrote:

Whenever I see a male Akio cosplay I'm always convinced he's not really an SKU fan and got badgered into the outfit by his SKU fan girlfriend and has no idea he's walking about dressed as a sister-screwing bisexual rampant whore.

'Hey honey, um...why do people keep giving us dirty looks? I thought you said we were brother and sister...'

Heh, nah.  We're all pretty big SKU fans.

"..Something Eternal.."

#27 | Back to Top02-21-2010 12:23:31 PM

KissFromARose
Thorn of Death

Giovanna wrote:

Whenever I see a male Akio cosplay I'm always convinced he's not really an SKU fan and got badgered into the outfit by his SKU fan girlfriend and has no idea he's walking about dressed as a sister-screwing bisexual rampant whore.

'Hey honey, um...why do people keep giving us dirty looks? I thought you said we were brother and sister...'

emot-roflemot-roflemot-rofl

They do it for the Lulz.

#28 | Back to Top02-21-2010 12:48:43 PM

Melancholic_Soul
Dancer Romancer

omg, the kaoru twins! I've seen those cosplayers before! Were they at Katsucon 15 by chance? I think they were amazing

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/anthy_utena/rukasan.gif Believing in the power of Love and Justice since 1999
Red Lobster CGM- Burning Shrimp since 2013
Amazon FFC fucking shit up since 2015
Best Buy Warehouse - Tech decks on deck since 2016

#29 | Back to Top02-21-2010 12:54:20 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

Giovanna wrote:

I kind of almost think that about any male actually cosplaying a male Utena character.. Hmmm. But that Akio is amazing! emot-aaa

And that Kozue and Miki... *drools* I need to cosplay one day.. I want to cosplay Utena one day because I have THE RING and I want to act all heroic, but with my looks I might make a better Shiori or Kozue.

#30 | Back to Top02-21-2010 12:57:48 PM

lieutenant tangerine
Miki Molester

SleepDebtFairy wrote:

Giovanna wrote:

Haha, yeah actually Jodan Kamae (our Saionji,) is who originally got ME into the series, not the other way round, and then it all sort of went insane and now I'm getting an Ohtori rose tattoo before Animazement, oh my dear sweet lord.

But no, seriously, we're the Impossible Dream - a bunch of fangirls who know a bunch of hot dudes who like cosplaying and watch SKU with us and love cosplaying SKU with us.

Their only protests, however, are that they reject some of our.....ideas for posing.

I'll let them keep their shirts on until I get my red convertible. THEN YOUR PROTESTS MEAN NOTHING, GENTLEMEN.

#31 | Back to Top02-22-2010 08:56:06 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

lieutenant tangerine: I like the way you think...I know that I should have gone to Katuscon this year. Damn lazyness and lack of funds. Le Sigh.

Hey if ya'll ever do a photo shoot in the area let me know I'll drop in and assist Touga in getting dressed... emot-wink

Oh and perhaps someone could rent a prop red convertible... school-devil

So welcome to the forums and great cosplay and good luck with your tattoo.

Last edited by SexingTouga24/7/365 (02-22-2010 08:56:49 PM)

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#32 | Back to Top03-16-2010 06:20:28 PM

Scortia
Rose Bride

I live in the Southeast.  Been going to cons for like 9 years now and we never have many Utena cosplayers.  I cosplayed casual Akio years back.  My plan is to make duelist Akio this year or next.  And, sorry, I'm not a male. emot-tongue

#33 | Back to Top03-16-2010 08:56:12 PM

BlackRoseVixen
Snowdrop Lover
Website

I still want to cosplay as Anthy some day... Or attempt to cosplay as Anthy, anyway. xD

The Saionji Support Squad: Believing in True Friendship Since 2006.

Hat Mafia Member: The Vixen

#34 | Back to Top03-16-2010 10:38:54 PM

wingedbeastie
Nest Boxer

Right there with you  BRV. I still say we should do GothLoli Anthy and Akio ( even though I'm hella short to be Akio)

Check out my: Twitter|Voice Over Tumblr|

#35 | Back to Top03-17-2010 07:14:37 PM

BlackRoseVixen
Snowdrop Lover
Website

If we could ever hook up, I'd be totally game, Anji emot-dance We shall do zis one day!

I also still want to do a Yoruichi and Soi Fon photoshoot with dollface etc-love Teh awesome!

The Saionji Support Squad: Believing in True Friendship Since 2006.

Hat Mafia Member: The Vixen

#36 | Back to Top03-24-2010 06:18:30 PM

Melancholic_Soul
Dancer Romancer

>_> I was raping my facebook vidz and came across this vid of an Utena cosplay group I took at AMA 8...

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= … 7763567922

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/anthy_utena/rukasan.gif Believing in the power of Love and Justice since 1999

#37 | Back to Top06-02-2010 12:19:42 AM

Jodan Kamae
Wakaba Wrangler

Heheh, the Saionji and Duelist Utena are actually my wife and I.

"..Something Eternal.."

#38 | Back to Top06-04-2010 11:09:32 AM

Android raptor
Rose Smilee
Website

I've seen some Utena cosplayers throughout the years at the GA cons, though since I'm new to the fandom I'm only now starting to pay attention to them ._.

I'm going to cosplay Mikage someday. I'm bound and determined so hard and fierce, especially since there's talk of doing an Utena group in the future amongst my friend circle. I could probably pull off others characters too, though Mikage is my wet dream of wet dreams for various reasons.

BTWS, you guys in the OP are amazingness incarnate etc-loveetc-loveetc-love

#39 | Back to Top06-07-2010 09:30:30 PM

Jodan Kamae
Wakaba Wrangler

Thanks a lot!

Mikage'd be really awesome to see.  I have never seen anyone cosplaying Mikage.

"..Something Eternal.."

#40 | Back to Top06-18-2010 10:28:59 AM

Saio
Ballgoer

http://kawai-and-sweet.narod.ru/prikol/kosplay/kos5.jpg

emot-biggrin

http://s41.radikal.ru/i091/1101/bd/e015af0a91a1.png

Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, miserere nobis!

#41 | Back to Top09-29-2010 07:19:32 AM

lieutenant tangerine
Miki Molester

LOL OH GOD THAT VIDEO. My mouth is like a black hole, after I get a little tired of posing at cons I tend to just open it and pretend I'm shooting mouth lazers at people. Again, Things Utena Tenjou and I have in common - spacing out in public and acting stupid. CHECK.

Uh so anyway, cosplay...

I have no words. Bara no Undergarment and I decided Tuesday was as good a night as any for vodka.

And then we put on costumes. Me, her Movie Anthy and her, her husband's Touga costume.

It was decided that drunk, Myspace angle pictures are probably what Touga does with the Rose Bride anyway.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2qb4xt4.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/6ztt1x.jpg
(DAMMIT why is it my eye that mastered the 'looking through translucent hair' thing apparently and not Touga's!!?)

LOLOL. So these are in no way intended to actually showcase our costumes, we realize they are ridiculous, etc.

More to the point that we felt like SOMEONE needed to appreciate people who get drunk and dress up as Utena characters on a Tuesday.

The conversation devolved quickly, into Greek Myths that involve Akio's stash of Goldfish crackers, and General Saionji's Deep Fried Owl Meat.

And like, rose petals and stuff, eternity, etc. emot-rolleyes

etc-saiowanketc-saiowanketc-saiowanketc-saiowanketc-saiowank

#42 | Back to Top09-29-2010 08:42:58 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

That is pretty freakin awesome. emot-rofl

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#43 | Back to Top09-30-2010 03:39:03 PM

Melancholic_Soul
Dancer Romancer

lol, that is pretty awesome. I always say SKU goes best with Vodka... Not many people can master the one eye peeping through locks of hair thing.

I thought the reactions to that vid were pretty funny. I intended to take pictures, but with all the picture-taking people in front of me, I decided a video would be better.

#44 | Back to Top09-30-2010 09:36:51 PM

RhythmFusion
Rose Smilee

Giovanna wrote:

Maybe the next time you see one you should ask.emot-rofl

I've only seen cosplays on YouTube. Unfortunately I live in a town where anime conventions just don't happen.emot-frown

"But screw your courage to the sticking place, and we'll not fail." ~ Lady Macbeth; Macbeth - Act One, Scene 7
"Crying is such hypocrisy. How can happiness cause the same reaction as sadness? Does pleasure share the same edge of the blade of life as pain?" - What His Crimson Eyes Believe in: Ch. 2

#45 | Back to Top11-19-2010 07:01:52 PM

innermuse
Anthy Assailer
Website

Wow excelent Utena cosplay, now i get to post mine and look like a total noob... One thing to say, my poor sword of dios kept breaking but i have some e-poxy on it now, it should hold...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/elfgirl/PB182672.jpg

#46 | Back to Top11-19-2010 07:53:46 PM

CoffinBreaker
Rose Bride

emot-aaa

You guys are kickass. That's just amazing! Kudos to all of you, truly-I bow to your transcendent awesomeness emot-biggrin

I'm happy to see Nanami-sama getting her cosplaying due, as well etc-love

Despite my lack of time, materials, and (non-virtual) otaku friends normally preventing me from doing such things I managed to make a somewhat recognizable movie Utena cosplay in about 48 hours for Halloween. My wig was awful and no one knew who I was, but it turned out nicely otherwise.

You don't need to understand Revolutionary Girl Utena to understand it.

#47 | Back to Top11-19-2010 08:42:05 PM

Cyrias
Tenjou Tilter

I must say, I like innermuse's Utena costume school-devil

In lumine tuo, videbimus amor ('In your light, we shall love') Slippy slippery mambo~ everyone at Ohtori is in some kind of spiritual land, created by Goddess Anthy and her brother Akio?!

#48 | Back to Top11-19-2010 10:34:39 PM

innermuse
Anthy Assailer
Website

thank you i think, why do you haz a devil....

Board footer