This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#151 | Back to Top12-28-2013 05:55:55 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Re: New Utena stuff

I SWEAR TO GOD SOMEONE PLEASE BUY THIS FOR ME SO I CAN BUTCHER/SCAN IT FOR THE SITE. emot-frown

I will pay you back plus some, and trust me--I'm good for it. I just spent over a grand on SKU stuff for the site, why would I short you now? emot-frown emot-frown emot-frown emot-frown

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#152 | Back to Top12-28-2013 06:10:06 PM

Pratyeka
Tenjou Tilter

Rina_Cat wrote:

Hey...

My friends and I are here right now.... Staying in shinjuku... We are very tired ATM and going to bed now.

I realllllly want that pixiv book but I don't think I can make it super early.
We are aiming for ten but I have a feeling it will be super busy.

I don't even know how we would meet up... I'll pm you.

Sabrina

Hey, I've sent you my phone #. I'm heading to the site now. Hope you get this!

#153 | Back to Top12-28-2013 06:10:44 PM

Pratyeka
Tenjou Tilter

Giovanna wrote:

I SWEAR TO GOD SOMEONE PLEASE BUY THIS FOR ME SO I CAN BUTCHER/SCAN IT FOR THE SITE. emot-frown

I will pay you back plus some, and trust me--I'm good for it. I just spent over a grand on SKU stuff for the site, why would I short you now? emot-frown emot-frown emot-frown emot-frown

If it's there, I will

#154 | Back to Top12-28-2013 08:37:54 PM

Pratyeka
Tenjou Tilter

Update: got them!! One for each of us. They're really gorgeous, lots of great art. Worth these terrible crowds.

ETA: Didn't want to upload a bunch of images if Gio is going to scan them all high-quality to the site, but I put a couple of my favorites on Instagram. You should be able to find me under the name ofthefallowhides. Also, sorry for spamming the thread this morning emot-gonk

Last edited by Pratyeka (12-29-2013 01:08:43 AM)

#155 | Back to Top12-29-2013 11:20:29 AM

jmie5
Precious One

Whoo!!!  It's not even my item and I'm excited! emot-biggrin  Congratulations!

#156 | Back to Top12-29-2013 03:42:19 PM

Rina_Cat
Wakaba Wrangler

It's so pretty! coolemot-dance

#157 | Back to Top12-29-2013 09:43:09 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Pratyeka wrote:

Update: got them!! One for each of us. They're really gorgeous, lots of great art. Worth these terrible crowds.

ETA: Didn't want to upload a bunch of images if Gio is going to scan them all high-quality to the site, but I put a couple of my favorites on Instagram. You should be able to find me under the name ofthefallowhides. Also, sorry for spamming the thread this morning emot-gonk

WOOOO!

You just let me know how much I owe ya and when you're ready for a shipping address. emot-smile I will, of course, scan the crap out of it.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#158 | Back to Top12-30-2013 07:08:38 AM

Pratyeka
Tenjou Tilter

Giovanna wrote:

WOOOO!

You just let me know how much I owe ya and when you're ready for a shipping address. emot-smile I will, of course, scan the crap out of it.

Ok, I'll send you a PM~ emot-biggrin

#159 | Back to Top12-30-2013 11:44:27 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

This is awesome. cool

Between this and the music book (which I've finished scanning and need to clean up...will be a project, because I managed to NOT BUTCHER IT OMG) and Hardcore that I'm scanning bit by bit, the site is getting more new content faster than I can process it. emot-gonk (Definitely a good thing!)

#160 | Back to Top12-31-2013 09:30:54 AM

cscratch
Anthy Assailer
Website

Looks like Anime Style is selling the Hard Core of Utena book now... for 8,400 yen! 

Just an FYI for anyone that might still want one.  It doesn't look like they ship internationally though, so anyone outside of Japan will probably still need to use a deputy.

http://animestyle.jp/

#161 | Back to Top12-31-2013 01:14:16 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

emot-frown

Oh well, hah. I ended up with an auction for like 15000 yen. Whatcha gonna do. emot-smile I'm saving big bux not needing an auction deputy for the Pixiv one though. cool

#162 | Back to Top01-01-2014 08:55:55 AM

Rina_Cat
Wakaba Wrangler

Animate Ikebukuro has two sets of glasses, lots of music boxes, three lockets, a scrunchie, chuchu d-ring, and a bunch of rings. Normal prices.

There are also rose/rinbu d-rings and the t-shirts from the exhibit at the place at lord.

#163 | Back to Top01-01-2014 09:35:29 AM

Ashnod
La poétesse revolutionnaire
Website

Rina_Cat wrote:

Animate Ikebukuro has two sets of glasses, lots of music boxes, three lockets, a scrunchie, chuchu d-ring, and a bunch of rings. Normal prices.

There are also rose/rinbu d-rings and the t-shirts from the exhibit at the place at lord.

RINGS?

Flowers without names blooming in the field can only sway in the wind. But I was born with a destiny of roses, born to live in passion and glory.

http://www.dark-kingdom.org/Gallery/osrgbanner.PNG
Hat Mafia Member: Little Dark Poet

#164 | Back to Top01-01-2014 04:53:11 PM

Rina_Cat
Wakaba Wrangler

Yup. Like, ten of them behind the counter.

#165 | Back to Top01-01-2014 05:46:40 PM

Ashnod
Website

Rina_Cat wrote:

how many varieties and how much?

Flowers without names blooming in the field can only sway in the wind. But I was born with a destiny of roses, born to live in passion and glory.

#166 | Back to Top01-01-2014 06:14:18 PM

Rina_Cat
Wakaba Wrangler

Ahhh.. Black for sure.... 12600 yen

Last edited by Rina_Cat (01-01-2014 06:14:46 PM)

#167 | Back to Top01-01-2014 06:15:15 PM

Rina_Cat
Wakaba Wrangler

Trying to get a teacup.. Anyone see one in tokyo
?

#168 | Back to Top01-01-2014 07:54:46 PM

Pratyeka
Tenjou Tilter

Ashnod wrote:

Rina_Cat wrote:

how many varieties and how much?

I took this picture in Animate Ikebukuro. There's two of them, actually, because this past year they did a weird thing where they took most of the good merch from the flagship location and put it in a new Animate closer to the station. The only rings I've seen in there are these black rose ones:

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/5303/dlvd.jpg

You can also see the music box behind it.

Rina_Cat wrote:

Trying to get a teacup.. Anyone see one in tokyo

Last time I was looking was about a month ago, but I saw at least one in Animate Shinjuku then.  I might be going back today (New Years Sales!), I'll check if so.

#169 | Back to Top01-02-2014 05:23:23 AM

Snow
Troublesome Insect

Thanks for the pics, Pratyeka! I want that ring sooo bad etc-love But does anyone know if there are BRD rings with a shiny finish - just like the normal ones, but black?
This one seems to have a satin-y finish. It's still beautiful, but I'm just curious, in case I ever decide to get one for myself.
Or is the BRD ring supposed to be non-glossy?

#170 | Back to Top01-02-2014 06:17:33 AM

Pratyeka
Tenjou Tilter

Snow wrote:

Thanks for the pics, Pratyeka! I want that ring sooo bad etc-love But does anyone know if there are BRD rings with a shiny finish - just like the normal ones, but black?
This one seems to have a satin-y finish. It's still beautiful, but I'm just curious, in case I ever decide to get one for myself.
Or is the BRD ring supposed to be non-glossy?

No prob. If you mean "was it glossy in the series?", yes, pretty definitely. It shines all 'round when Mikage turns it to the light to show it off for the first time; after that I think we get a bit of a glisten almost every BR episode when the duelist is about to pull a sword from someone and the ring has a *kirakira I'm an important plot point* moment. Some episodes make it more gleamy than others, but that's probably animation budget.
I may like the BR arc too much.

Re: the teacup, they're out of it in Shinjuku Animate. The other place I saw it recently was the Akihabara animate, but I'm out of town soon and can't check on that.

#171 | Back to Top01-02-2014 08:03:36 AM

Ashnod
Website

Grrr. I want the new rings something fierce.

#172 | Back to Top01-02-2014 08:53:44 AM

Rina_Cat
Wakaba Wrangler

The website for movic says silver 925 for the rings... with an additional character my friend can't read. Anyone know what the character means?maybe plated?

I want that wretched tea cup. Ive got three more days in Tokyo area.
Ikebukuro has rings, no cup. Shinjuku has neither. When I went to akihabara, I didn't know what I was doing and was in a rush
All I saw was a sign for the rings, didn't see anything else.

#173 | Back to Top01-02-2014 09:55:27 AM

Ashnod
Website

Rina_Cat wrote:

The website for movic says silver 925 for the rings... with an additional character my friend can't read. Anyone know what the character means?maybe plated?

I want that wretched tea cup. Ive got three more days in Tokyo area.
Ikebukuro has rings, no cup. Shinjuku has neither. When I went to akihabara, I didn't know what I was doing and was in a rush
All I saw was a sign for the rings, didn't see anything else.

So...sterling silver then. That's good. I can justify spending that much if it's sterling as opposed to something nickel-plated or whatever.

The question I have now is whether or not they have different sizes. The last Movic rings I purchased came in a single size that could barely fit an infant's finger.

#174 | Back to Top01-02-2014 04:19:17 PM

Rina_Cat
Wakaba Wrangler

When I looked at them the staff  checked my ring size against what it said on the box. They wouldn't let me try the actual ring but let me try on the jeweler's sizer ring they had, it was a size 11. I believe that's Japanese size 11 which is like a six or something US.

#175 | Back to Top01-02-2014 10:07:09 PM

Ashnod
Website

Is that the only size?

Board footer