This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top08-07-2007 10:06:57 PM

Trench Kamen
Eternal Eschatologist
Website

Re: okCupid's Dating Persona Test

I am the Sonnet.

...dude, what? emot-confused

#52 | Back to Top08-09-2007 08:32:06 PM

rhyaniwyn
Myth is my Bitch
Website

Hahahahaha.  The last time I took this quiz they gave me something completely different--called me a romantic.  I was The Window Shopper.  I was confused because I didn't think that result made sense.  Just because I have online crushes and consider meeting them?  So what?  I don't believe in one true loves or love at first sight.  (Then or now).  This time!

Half-Cocked
Random Brutal Sex Dreamer (RBSD)

Fiery. Hungry. Blatant. Sexual. Christ. You are Half-Cocked.

There's a lot of wild lust inside you, banging around, that much is obvious. There's also a lot of untamed emotion. When either escapes, look out. One minute you're completely together, the next you're a howling gale of hormones and opinions.

Outside relationships, your intense, mercurial personality makes you a charmer. You can be fiercely devoted, and it's likely that many of your friends will be friends-for-life. Of course, your enemies are likewise certain and zealous, especially your exes and their therapists.

Your exact female opposite: The Maid of Honor Deliberate Gentle Love Master

You will find the right person. In the short term, he's someone virile who won't sweat your imperfections. In the long term, he will be someone mature and caring who will grow to love them. 

ALWAYS AVOID: The Slow Dancer (DGLD)
CONSIDER: The Playboy (RGSM), The Billy Goat (DBSD)

I think it's more accurate.  Except for the mercurial part.  And the charming part.  And the intense part.  I may be those things, but no one would ever think so.  Because I'm very, very quiet and dislike public scenes. 

I'm also a lot hornier now than I was then. ;-)  Just because I gave more positive sex-related answers.  Scoff.

Last edited by rhyaniwyn (08-09-2007 08:37:46 PM)

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o165/absolethe/itrg_signature.jpg

#53 | Back to Top08-09-2007 10:15:33 PM

Alexandra
Covert Diarist

Ummm... anyone else get the Billy Goat? O.o

The Billy Goat
Deliberate Brutal Sex Dreamer (DBSD)

Horny. Stubborn. Kinda cute. Slightly immature. And often found on rough terrain. You are The Billy Goat.

You're lusty, but typically monogamous, and all in all you're a pretty good boyfriend. In fact, you enjoy relationships, if mostly for the sex and physical companionship. You'd do or say almost anything to get together with someone, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

You're sensitive, you have a certain boyish charm, and you're eager. Therefore you probably attract girls who are serious about romance. But few who get close to you realize how unready for total commitment you are. People fall for you. Meanwhile, you maintain your emotional distance, and there goes another box of tissues.

Your exact male opposite:
The Loverboy

Random Gentle Love Master 
    You're perfectly capable of a long-haul relationship, but, right now, dating someone primarily means having a consistent, available, preferably not-too-chatty, hookup. You're a careful, methodical person, and you work hard at making things work. It's just that the type of woman most likely to find your strengths endearing is also the most likely type to find your shortcomings heartbreaking. Someone with a similarly laid-back approach to dating would be perfect for you.

ALWAYS AVOID: The Priss (DBLD), The Sonnet (DGLD), The Wild Rose (RBLD)

CONSIDER: The Playstation (RGSM)

#54 | Back to Top08-12-2007 11:33:09 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I think you picked male when you got that, dude. emot-confused

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#55 | Back to Top08-13-2007 12:55:32 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Must confess I'm a bit bothered by the test's assumption of heterosexuality.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#56 | Back to Top08-13-2007 09:46:16 AM

Pallas Athena
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)
Website

So you are Genghis Khunt: master of man, bringer of pain--riding your way to conquest after conquest.

Your sexual avarice is legendary. You've already had an unusually high amount of experience, and, still you look for more. You intimidate many. You make no apologies.

Your exact female opposite:
The Sonnet-Deliberate Gentle Love Dreamer 

Personality-wise, you're carefree and relatively easy-going. You don't plan things out ahead of time; you tend to live in the moment. Of course, this can cause some damage when the moment happens to include a screaming orgasm with his younger brother. Hence the 'brutal' tag we've given you.

But you know what, take five seconds to lock the doors, and you'll be fine. There's nothing wrong with a little sex, or a whole lot.

.............................................!!
How weird and cool it was that the quiz included a question about liking to live on a boat, because I've always wanted to own my own boat and travel the world with it. Naples, Italy being my home port of course:dance:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f247/logophony/dollshouse.jpg

#57 | Back to Top08-13-2007 12:58:11 PM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

Reading this again, I'm going to say my male counterpart probably fits me better than The Wild Rose

The Man Child wrote:

Okay, Manchildren have some good qualities. They can be unpredictable, brash, magnetic--and therefore highly charismatic. Particularly, you're passionate and are often a hell of a lot of fun.

But we'd like you to consider not using OkCupid. You can be unthinking and hurtful, and we think you LIKE seeing bad things happen. You've had a moderate number of relationships, but broken a disproportionate number of hearts. In total, you mean well, but don't really have it together.

It's up to you, of course, whether to continue dating. There are plenty of women out there who do deserve you. But you've heard our advice.

Shit!

Hinotori made this post, and then went back and changed it later. Such is life.

#58 | Back to Top08-14-2007 11:45:12 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

....hey, baby. I hear you like to inflict emotional pain. So... wanna get together sometime and see how much damage we can do? school-devil

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#59 | Back to Top09-27-2007 10:34:20 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

So I got an email because Facebook has added the test as an application, and apparently it's also been revamped, so I took it again. Now I'm the Bachelor. I kind of like this result, except it says I should avoid the Wild Rose.

#60 | Back to Top09-27-2007 10:37:02 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

At least you're the Bachelor. That's ALWAYS exciting! emot-smile

I'm just The Boy Next Door, RGLD. Which, means I should avoid Deliberate Brutal Sex Master. Which means I should avoid having sex, or at least a night of fuck party with Akio emot-gonkemot-gonkemot-gonkemot-gonk

No.... me wantee sex with Akio!!

#61 | Back to Top09-27-2007 10:40:24 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

It amuses me because every time I take the test I get a different response. According to the email I got, at some point I scored The Mixed Messenger, which doesn't sound all that like me.

#62 | Back to Top09-28-2007 12:05:17 AM

mazoboom
The Boom King
Website

I am The Slow Dancer [Deliberate Gentle Love Dreamer (DGLD)]. Man I'm boring.

Always avoid: The Battleaxe (DBLM)

Consider: The Maid of Honor (DGLM), The Sonnet (DGLD)

My exact male opposite: The Hornivore - Random Brutal Sex Master

#63 | Back to Top09-28-2007 12:18:45 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Boring? No worries. Take it again when you're in a different mood and you'll get a different result. That's the only way I can explain getting four different scores and considering them to be accurate at the time that I got them (okay, so I had a bit more sex between the first two times and the second two times, that might have affected the outcome a bit).

#64 | Back to Top09-28-2007 06:33:50 PM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

Still the man-child, but if I get girls like Yasha out of the deal I might learn to live with it.

And I prefer the term self-indulgent.

Hinotori made this post, and then went back and changed it later. Such is life.

#65 | Back to Top09-28-2007 06:39:49 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Why do you think I'm partially disappointed that I got The Bachelor? No Yasha for me. emot-frown Still, the cartoony guy is dressed like I dress so it must be the right result for me.

#66 | Back to Top09-28-2007 06:49:15 PM

Alexandra
Covert Diarist

Yasha wrote:

I think you picked male when you got that, dude. emot-confused

Yeah, I did.

#67 | Back to Top09-28-2007 07:29:35 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Alexandra you should do what I did and do the Quiz based on the fact that you are a girl, that might actually be more accurate.

When I did the test as a girl, I am:

The Window Shopper
Random Gentle Love Dreamer (RGLD) Loving, hopeful, open. Likely to carry on an romance from afar. You are The Window Shopper.

You take love as opportunities come, which can lead to a high-anxiety, but high-flying romantic life. You're a genuinely sweet person, not saccharine at all, so it's likely that the relationships you have had and will have will be happy ones. You've had a fair amount of love experience for your age, and there'll be much more to come.

Part of why we know this is that, of all female types, you are the most prone to sudden, ferocious crushes. Your results indicate that you're especially capable of obsessing over a girl you just met. Obviously, passion like this makes for an intense existence. It can also make for soul-destroying letdowns.

Your ideal match is someone who'll love you back with equal fire, and someone you've grown to love slowly. A self-involved or pessimistic woman is especially bad. Though you're drawn to them, avoid artists at all costs.

The Stiletto

Deliberate Brutal Sex Master
Always avoid: Genghis Khunt (RBSM)

Consider: The Maid of Honor (DGLM), The Peach (RGLM), The Window Shopper (RGLD)

#68 | Back to Top09-28-2007 07:38:45 PM

Alexandra
Covert Diarist

The Nymph
Deliberate Brutal Sex Dreamer (DBSD)
Sly. Sensual. Guarded. Different somehow. You are The Nymph.

It appears like you're looking for a fling or a casual sexual relationship, but it's not that simple. You're a hungry but also very careful person, and this generates a certain amount of sexual tension within you and in your relationships. In other aspects of life, you get what you want. In relationships, that's not always the case.

It's possible you intimidate potential lovers. Most likely, though, you're a little closed off--therefore mysterious--and, naturally, people find that difficult to get with. Maybe it's just part of your selection process, though. You've been in enough relationships to know to expose yourself slowly.

When you do feel comfortable with someone, though, your torrid sexual appetite will make him very happy. Your cautious nature is also a big asset in a long-term relationship. It might take longer for love to establish itself, but when it does, it's all the stronger.

The Peach

Random Gentle Love Master
Always avoid: The False Messiah (DBLM)

Consider: The Playboy (RGSM)

This sounds about right.

EDIT:  Now that I look at it, no matter if I answered as a boy or a girl, I'm still a Deliberate Brutal Sex Dreamer.  The stuff about closing myself off and keeping distance is true, as well as being somewhat uncommitted to anything.  I think both the Billy Goat and the Nymph have some sort of inner conflicts that may contradict each other, resulting in mixed messages that may confuse potential lovers.  Though, I do get horny a lot and I'm pretty insatiable in bed.

Last edited by Alexandra (09-28-2007 07:46:19 PM)

#69 | Back to Top10-15-2007 03:26:40 AM

Stephanie
Yasha Assassin #1
Website

I am The Sonnet
Deliberate Gentle Love Dreamer..

poptart

Last edited by Stephanie (10-15-2007 03:27:20 AM)

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/Chosen_entity/Etcetera/621ed118do3-1.jpg
"..No matter how hard we want to close our eyes, there's a whole world out there
Bigger than ourselves and our dreams.."
~FMA

Maria-sama Forum, My YouTube Account

#70 | Back to Top10-16-2007 05:23:24 PM

NajiMinkin
Hacker Ringleader

I am the Wild Rose. That seems appropriate for this forum.

This was a surprisingly good quiz.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f64/_u_t_e_n_a_/100x100/starryklimtsig.png

#71 | Back to Top09-23-2009 07:57:41 AM

Setsuna
Tragedian

Half-Cocked Random Brutal Sex Dreamer (RBSD)

Fiery. Hungry. Blatant. Sexual. Christ. You are Half-Cocked.

There’s a lot of wild lust inside you, banging around, that much is obvious. There’s also a lot of untamed emotion. When either escapes, look out. One minute you’re completely together, the next you’re a howling gale of hormones and opinions.

Outside relationships, your intense, mercurial personality makes you a charmer. You can be fiercely devoted, and it’s likely that many of your friends will be friends-for-life. Of course, your enemies are likewise certain and zealous, especially your exes and their therapists.

You will find the right person. In the short term, he’s someone virile who won’t sweat your imperfections. In the long term, he will be someone mature and caring who will grow to love them.

Matched with:

The Playboy (RGSM) The Billy Goat (DBSD)

Always Avoid:
The Slow Dancer (DGLD)

#72 | Back to Top09-23-2009 11:18:52 AM

spoon-san
Someday Shiner

The Sonnet Deliberate Gentle Love Dreamer (DGLD)

Romantic, hopeful, and composed. You are the Sonnet. Get it? Composed?

Sonnets want Love and have high ideals about it. They’re conscientious people, caring & careful. You yourself have deep convictions, and you devote a lot of thought to romance and what it should be. This will frighten away most potential mates, but that’s okay, because you’re very choosy with your affections anyway. You’d absolutely refuse to date someone dumber than you, for instance.

Lovers who share your idealized perspective, or who are at least willing to totally throw themselves into a relationship, will be very, very happy with you. And you with them. You’re already selfless and compassionate, and with the right partner, there’s no doubt you can be sensual, even adventurously so.

You probably have lots of female friends, and they have a special soft spot for you. Babies do, too, at the tippy-top of their baby skulls.

Consider:

The Loverboy (RGLM)
Always Avoid:

The 5-Night Stand (DBSM) The False Messiah (DBLM) The Hornivore (RBSM) The Last Man on Earth (RBSD)

Sounds right.  I cannot even describe how picky I used to be.  Still am, but have a far less rigid expectations of what the other person is like.  Just don't be the asshole cuz that's my job.  kidding...kinda.

Last edited by spoon-san (09-23-2009 11:28:06 AM)

#73 | Back to Top09-23-2009 03:28:20 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

I got the intern.

...well I'd be okay with that, the description's pretty good, if the title wasn't so.....late-90's-presidential-scandel-ish.

20 threads dead so far.

#74 | Back to Top09-23-2009 03:47:02 PM

The_A_Man
Someday Shiner
Website

I'm a poolboy...

"Friendly and eager. You are The Pool Boy.

A teen at heart, you anxiously move about your daily tasks, hoping, praying for a good, instant lay. You’re carefree, enthusiastic, and rarely discouraged. Love is cool, but it’s not for you right now. You know what is? Crotches.

You’re a fun person in both big and small groups, and your friends trust and love you. Inside you, meanwhile, your lust is only growing. Imagine your beating heart sprouting pubic hair. Exactly. Try shaving that.

If you’re not scoring enough—which you aren’t—you should adopt new strategies. Lower your standards. Be aggressive. Pool Boys are often submissive and hope (desperately) sex will find them. Realize that passiveness will not hook the horny girls you desire. A bolder approach and sheer repetition will."

OK... That sounds interesting...

#75 | Back to Top09-25-2009 05:18:05 AM

Notebook Darling
Black Rosarian
Website

The Dirty Little Secret
Deliberate Gentle Sex Master (DGSM)

Whut? But 90% of what's been said is true though xD

Board footer