This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top05-18-2008 05:12:12 PM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

How Would Akio Get You?

While re-watching SKU with a friend, I was reminded of my very old philosophy about Akio.

Utena wasn't necessarily as naive and ignorant as it would seem to us, the all-knowing audience. Akio put the moves on her that worked for her. We saw a lot of things Utena didn't, so it's easy to say (unless you're Gio emot-biggrin) that in Utena's place - Akio's powers of seduction would be useless.

But this brings me to my point, Akio is the Master of Seduction and were any of us in Utena's shoes, he would have geared the situation so that we too would have fallen for him. In Utena's case, it was putting on a prince motif.

My question is: how would Akio perform to seduce you?

One day in chat, I said he would have to get a guitar and sing me Adam Sandler songs! emot-rofl
Haha! So to seduce me, he'd have to laugh at himself a lot, tell jokes, laugh at MY jokes, never get huffy when I teased him, and if not agree - at the very least respect when I felt passionate about something! So basically yes, he would need to put on the Adam Sandler funny guy for me. Ooooh, and he'd let me dress him! emot-keke (I'd put him in a hoodie & cargo pants)

So - what about you all? What face would Akio have to put on to win you over?

edit for guys: when I say seduce, it's not exclusive to sexual seduction - just 'winning you over' to his way of thinking so that you'd do his bidding.

Last edited by Frosty (05-18-2008 05:16:56 PM)

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#2 | Back to Top05-18-2008 05:33:32 PM

Sey
Our Sicilian Prince
Website

Re: How Would Akio Get You?

Well, if Akio tolds me this, I'll probably follow his way of thinking:

"Ehy, Sey, I arranged an orgy inside the Planterium. I'll take my little sis, you know, she's shy. You can take the rest: Utena, Nanami, Tokiko, Mrs. Ohtori, Kanae and Juri."

emot-rofl

Last edited by Sey (05-18-2008 05:33:48 PM)

Your lovely "That's Amore" IRG User.

#3 | Back to Top05-18-2008 06:04:05 PM

alexielnet
Unfulfilled Juror
Website

That's easy. He would have to appeal to my sense of justice and my vanity.  It wouldn't take much to convince me that I really ought to take the power because I see the world more clearly than anyone else and thus would use the power more appropriately than anyone else. Of course that is totally wrong, but I do think that is one of my major weaknesses and probably a weakness Akio would really enjoy exploiting because he would be laughing the entire time.

#4 | Back to Top05-18-2008 06:27:59 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

... probably pay attention to me without making me feel uncomfortable? emot-redface

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#5 | Back to Top05-18-2008 10:03:01 PM

Nilamarthiel
The Icon Icon
Website

Oh lord. All he would ever have to do is smile at me and I would be his. emot-gonk

Seriously, though. He wouldn't have to deviate far from what he did with Utena. The whole "prince" thing would be a little much, but I love learning things. To me, I could always use more mentors to learn from and grow. He could offer that, help me with my writing, maybe some math tutoring, all while manipulating me to do whatever he wants. And he wouldn't even have to worry about me once he was done with me -- I'd be as listless as Kanae with heartbreak.

#6 | Back to Top05-18-2008 10:19:37 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

He would feed that shameful, shameful inner romantic in me I try so hard to crush and deny.  And since I always worry that a guy who is flirting with me is doing it for any other reason than any actual interest in me, he would have to focus on me entirely and use much specific innuendo and flattery.

A guy could get me without these things, of course, but Akio would do it this way because it would make me feel like the womanliest of women, the girliest of girls, and I would hate that and be ashamed of myself for being so hopelessly romantic and stereotypical while he undresses me achingly slow and slides his fingers down my chest and stomach to slip into my skirt while his lips and tongue glue themselves to that little spot on my neck just behind my ear so that I can feel it when he laughs low and seductive more than hear it and..................and.............

And we all know Akio isn't into it unless you feel at least some inner turmoil and shame. emot-wink

Last edited by OnlyInThisLight (05-19-2008 05:11:54 PM)

#7 | Back to Top05-18-2008 10:59:17 PM

Jellineck
Wondrous Sexual Eggplant.

I'd go in for the knowledge and the power. Not necessarily all the physical accoutrements, i.e. Touga, but more for closer access to the supernatural realm where all things are possible. I've always been interested in a world more exciting and more interesting than the mundane material. One look at that castle, and I would be transfixed. Ultimately, I think my downfall would be intellectual obsession. And, with me, intellectual obsession translates into sexual obsession. I'm not a person who gets attracted easily. When I do...its intense and consumes much of my thought. Eventually, I'd probably become attracted to Akio. Looks and sexual appeal to me are second to intelligence. His knowledge and fascinating mind would enthrall me. Then, as much as I would try to deny it, I'd end up doing pretty much anything he tells me to. Not that I would figure he would be that direct. But, if he choose to utilize it...I would no doubt fall. And probably enjoy myself thoroughly in the process.

So. Knowledge, power, and sex. He'd get me bad. At least I'm honest.

...while he undresses me achingly slow and slides his fingers down my chest and stomach to slip into my skirt while his lips and tongue glue themselves to that little spot on my neck just behind my ear so that I can feel it when he laughs low and seductive more than hear it and..................and.............

Oh, by all means. Don't stop.

Last edited by Jellineck (05-18-2008 11:01:03 PM)

"You said you would do anything for me, right Mamiya?" Mikage purred as he slithered close. "Yes that's right" Mamiya said with a rosey blush. Mikage's smile was evil and cinister as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a banana. "Eeny meeny myny moo. I wonder where my banana will go?" - The Forbidden Passions of Nemuro

#8 | Back to Top05-18-2008 11:08:31 PM

OnionPrince
Covert Diarist

I don't think it would be all that difficult for him. All Akio would have to do, really, is prove to me beyond reasonable doubt that doing as he asks would either A) get me what I want, or B) serve the greater good for the world. I'm a natural skeptic, but we all know how good Akio is at illusion and manipulation. My defenses would be worn down from seeing all the crazy shit that goes on regularly at Ohtori anyway.

The student council members chased after things like eternity and miracles, so what I want is not so different: complete control over my own destiny. Maybe I want to rewrite history to say that the love of my life didn't marry some other asshole, or do some editing so that I meet the eyesight requirements for being a pilot. Pretty simple desires, I think. I have little doubt that Akio could convince me it's all within my reach... at least long enough to get me to the dueling arena.

Alternately, Akio could just be straightforward with me. "I would like you to help me become the Prince again so that I may bring light back into this wretched world." (Of course, he'd conveniently leave out details like the plight of his sister and the ultimate consequences of this endeavor, but hey, what'd you expect?) Heck, I'd trust him. Akio's smart as hell, a charismatic leader, and always jumping to the rescue of girls and bandaging their feet and stuff. Sounds like he'd be a great prince! Where do I sign up?

#9 | Back to Top05-19-2008 03:18:44 AM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

I've actually thought long and hard about this one.
Hell, I even had a dream about it.  But, I know in truth, what worked in the dream would have me reeling for maybe a day, maybe a few weeks, and I'd be back to normal.
Romantic seduction wouldn't work, since I would know that he had a fiancé I wouldn't believe there where any real emotions, and I'd just see myself as a back burner girl to him.  Not that I'd really care/mind that I was, but it wouldn't win me over.  I'd view him as a really fun fling, with plenty of interesting things to talk about and lots of things to learn about.
Sex wouldn't work for me like it did for Utena, since I'm not a virgin, and I separate sex and relationships.
I don't really believe in miracles easily, I would want to participate in the duels just to see the interesting things that would happen, but not for power or any other things like that.  If he told me he where trying to make a better world, I'd argue endlessly with him that there where no perfect world or I simply wouldn't believe him.  I might even play along and say that I did believe him, thinking he was foolish for believing in such a thing.  Even if he showed me proof, I'd be looking for a catch.
Although... if he befriended me, and told me exactly everything that was going on, I might want to help him and be on his side just because I'm a very bored girl and want to see new things.
"Hey, want to possibly destroy the world?  There's cake!"
"Okay."

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/IrisBeloved/piano.png

#10 | Back to Top05-19-2008 10:50:11 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

I've spent all morning thinking about this, and ultimately if he wanted to seduce as in just fuck me, it would be embarrassingly, stupidly easy. All he'd have to do is give me the time of day and be aggressive enough that I can't 'Oh no I really shouldn't...' my way out of it. My defenses against men are built entirely on that I've never been hit on by one I'm immediately attracted to. Let that happen and I'm toast. If he wanted to win me over, as it were, he'd have to deal with the multi-headed rearing behemoth that would show up the next morning: my pride.

My pride that would be insulted he took advantage of me, my pride that would refuse to be another Friday night fuck, my pride that would hate me feeling inferior to anyone. Everything that would attract me to a man like Akio, regardless of the face he wears, is immediately going to make me hate him once I'm not too busy coming to think about it. That face would probably not be too far from how he acts in general. Intelligent, witty sexbomb with a fetish for trivia and metaphor, rich and well-dressed to boot. You know, all the things I want in a guy.

Unfortunately they're all the things I also want in me, and since Akio would be way better at it, I'd quickly resent him for it. I can't say for sure whether this would make me stop wanting to be around him though. I guess the trick for him is having me still want him even if it kills me to be around someone I can't live up to being like.

He's a fucking asshole, that's what he is. emot-mad

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#11 | Back to Top05-19-2008 10:55:06 AM

Baka Kakumei Reanna
Atlantean Singer
Website

He would convince me that he's actually the good half of the whole Akio that got split when I entered the world of Utena, and I have to sleep with him in order to destroy the evil half.

Outside of terrible fanfiction? The way I am, any possibility could only be more convoluted than the last one. emot-biggrin But mostly I'd have to agree with Gio in that as long as I didn't have room to become timid and back out, it'd be over fast. Not the act itself, hopefully, but the initial proposition.

We see things not as they are, we see things as we are.

#12 | Back to Top05-19-2008 01:22:29 PM

Konoha's Golden Flash
Saionji Slapper

err sing the GUY LOVE song from scrubs

#13 | Back to Top05-19-2008 02:01:15 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Baka Kakumei Reanna wrote:

He would convince me that he's actually the good half of the whole Akio that got split when I entered the world of Utena, and I have to sleep with him in order to destroy the evil half.

Is that what the crayon drawings in Ecchi Adventures were about, Reanna?

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#14 | Back to Top05-19-2008 03:18:18 PM

DeepSubmerge
Saionji Slapper

Sey wrote:

Well, if Akio tolds me this, I'll probably follow his way of thinking:

"Ehy, Sey, I arranged an orgy inside the Planterium. I'll take my little sis, you know, she's shy. You can take the rest: Utena, Nanami, Tokiko, Mrs. Ohtori, Kanae and Juri."

emot-rofl

You know, for me it would be turned upside down. For me it would go like this:

"Well, you know, I am busy with the whole campus AND Gio, so, would you mind taking care of my sister tonight?"

Okay, after all that would not be Akio getting me, that'd be just my fancy for Anthy school-devil
Akio couldn't get me at all anyways. I am gay emot-rolleyes

#15 | Back to Top05-19-2008 03:36:50 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

DeepSubmerge wrote:

Tell that to Utena. emot-wink

#16 | Back to Top05-19-2008 09:16:12 PM

wingedbeastie
Nest Boxer

For me to be a victim of Akio's?

Well, it depends on the situation. If all things from this realm are withstanding, I would never be a conquest because I have a boyfriend. Monogamy, FTW.

As far as getting me to be one of his subordinates one of the following has to happen:

A.) Convince me, irrefutably that it would make me a 'Special Person' at least the same way that Wakaba thinks of it as. Important, admired, wanted...I want to be better than I am, and not necessarily in the best ways.

B.)If in the appropriate mood, promise me revenge and power. More so power. I want to smash things and be awesome and be one of the big dogs, if even for a little while.

Check out my: Twitter|Voice Over Tumblr|

#17 | Back to Top05-19-2008 09:46:44 PM

Duelist Megu
Ruthless Deflorist
Website

Again, are we talking about literal seduction or general temptation?

As far as the former, I'm a pretty straight male, but this is Akio.  He's smoking hot.  So while there'd be some resistance, it'd be doable for Akio.  Especially considering I'm a bit of a passive uke-type in general.

And in regards to either, the key would be through my generally weak self-esteem.  If he managed to make me feel valued, even for a little while, I'd probably be on board.

That or convince me that everyone else is out to get me, doesn't care about me, etc. if he needs me in a more revenge-oriented role.  That might be more a Mikage thing, but I can do paranoid pretty damn well.  Although, I am a generally good natured sort, so this'd take some work.  I've been a doormat for years, which'd both be fuel for anger and an impediment to me acting on it.

I don't think promises of power would tempt me all that much.  I'm not strongly inclined towards competing for money, respect, or control; I'm usually  quite content to be a subordinate in the background, so long as I'm not mistreated.  More power brings more responsibility, and I'd rather just not worry about stuff.

#18 | Back to Top05-20-2008 03:35:39 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

If Akio wants to seduce me, he better change himself into this:

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/spatulasama/akiogirltype.jpg

#19 | Back to Top05-20-2008 06:52:06 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Tamago wrote:

If Akio wants to seduce me, he better change himself into this:

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/ … rltype.jpg

If Anthy can switch genders for the convenience of a plot, I'm sure Akio can do it for the sheer fun of playing with different parts. school-devil

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#20 | Back to Top05-20-2008 08:27:12 AM

NajiMinkin
Hacker Ringleader

He would have to make me feel completely and utterly alone. Miserable, like I've nothing left to live for. Giving myself up to him would pretty much be committing suicide and letting go of everything I've held Holy. If I wanted to die, then maybe those cold arms of his would seem welcoming.

Other than that, there's no way. Even if Akio successfully played the awkwardly lovely older man, my moral barrier would allow no canoodling. Not beyond a regretful kiss, at least. But lord would I be tempted.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f64/_u_t_e_n_a_/100x100/starryklimtsig.png

#21 | Back to Top05-20-2008 09:05:31 AM

Baka Kakumei Reanna
Atlantean Singer
Website

BioKraze wrote:

Baka Kakumei Reanna wrote:

Is that what the crayon drawings in Ecchi Adventures were about, Reanna?

XD Yes. I have to get around to writing that finale. It'll be several years too late, but it'll at least satisfy the less than a handful of people who may still be waiting for it.

We see things not as they are, we see things as we are.

#22 | Back to Top05-20-2008 09:42:38 AM

DeepSubmerge
Saionji Slapper

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

DeepSubmerge wrote:

Come on, that girl is the most bisexual girl ever. No wonder considering the choices she (theoreticaly) has emot-biggrin

#23 | Back to Top05-20-2008 10:14:51 AM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

DeepSubmerge wrote:

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

DeepSubmerge wrote:

Come on, that girl is the most bisexual girl ever. No wonder considering the choices she (theoreticaly) has emot-biggrin

One look around Ohtori Academy, and... "Who cares about a silly thing like gender?  Or age?  Or anything?"

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/IrisBeloved/piano.png

#24 | Back to Top05-20-2008 06:18:56 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I'd be interested in seeing how exactly he would try to pull that off. For one thing, he would have to be very careful to ensure that I have no idea whatsoever that he's trying to hit on me, because that would just make me like him a lot less, and generally be on edge when I'm around him. He would have to suck up to me and my interests to an extreme extent, and admittedly, his biggest advantage would be that meeting another person in real life who would even utter the word "symbolism" with a hint of interest would send me running home to say, "OH MY GOD TODAY I MET THIS GUY WHO LIKES SYMBOLISM AND SHAKESPEARE AND STARS AND PROBABLY OTHER NEAT STUFF TOO I DIDN'T KNOW PEOPLE LIKE THAT EXISTED IN NEW HAMPSHIRE HE MUST BE THE GREATEST GUY EVER OR A FIGMENT OF MY IMAGINATION I FORGOT TO CHECK." He better take up playing video games, too. emot-mad Oh, and I want him to take me to a Broadway production of Evita preformed entirely by the Shadow Girls. Do you think I'd be able to make him wear a skirt? I could train him to say "Gao" after every sentence like Misuzu from Air, and maybe I could get him to do that cute "Nihaha" laugh, too. It would be so great. Maybe he'd even pretend to trip and fall all the time like she does, too. It would be so cute! (Maybe?)

But if his seducing me was all apart of a plan to make me obey him and go along with his plans, wouldn't that be kind of counter-productive? Even with girls, for me, developing feelings of affection for someone usually spawns irrational feelings of hatred towards the said person, making it so that I would be even less likely to do what he says. And if he somehow did manage to get me to sleep with him, the whole thing would be ruined for him because he would know that making me suffer was no real accomplishment for him. Getting me that far with any guy would make me suffer mentally, and it wouldn't be just because of him. He would be a failure, and I would remind him of this frequently. He also would be completely unaware that I was actually sleeping with his fiance behind his back, because he cares about her so little that it would never occur to him to check on Kanae and make sure that nothing had changed between them.

Despite what I've been thinking all this time, maybe getting seduced by Akio wouldn't be all that bad, just as long as I get some fun power to abuse over him, too. I mean, if that's what it would take for him to get me, he'd do it, right? Right? emot-smile

#25 | Back to Top05-20-2008 06:56:32 PM

brian
Atlantean Singer

It depends on how you define seduction. I'd define it thus: what would he have to do to get me to betray or manipulate my best friends and loved ones? In effect to become Judas? Some combination of emotional stress, insufficient time to think, insufficient time to think/pray/meditate, greed, vanity, anger, ignorance, and idealism. I'd be immune to crude sensuality or greed I think, but when you mix base desires with idealism and angst I think I and most of us would be very susceptable.

Board footer