This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top01-22-2007 07:20:10 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Re: Dreams

Tamago wrote:

What does it mean when you dream that the highschool you went to now seems to have a brass and mirror makeover and for some reason there are large horizonal concrete pipes sticking out of the school grounds like sewer pipes?

Many people dream about stylized versions of their high school. Mine is always rubble like after a hurricane. You have an opulent facade but exposed pipes? Perhaps a theme of outer appearances and exposure of what's underneath?

Tamago wrote:

The other odd aspect is why the hell am I some kind of disembodied brain and spine that moves around and takes over someones body by opening the top of their head and inserting myself in their brain cavity?

Identity issues, sounds like. You remove the vitals, your brain, your spine, but leave the rest behind and inhabit who you will as though the body is a shell and it doesn't define you. Do these people struggle when you do this? Perhaps you're trying on different 'bodies', looking for the one that fits...you've mentioned elsewhere here a tumultuous school life for reasons relating to this. Interesting though that you used the brain and not the heart...how accurate of you!

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#27 | Back to Top01-22-2007 11:09:37 AM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

UGH, AFTER MY BROTHER AND HIS FUCKFACE FRIENDS FINALLY LEFT!...

I had the most amazing dream. I don't remember all that much that really happened, but I was dating a girl I know named Sydney. She's sweet and funny, not to mention GORGEOUS. It would be an understatement to say I have a crush on her. Anyway, my friends and I had to go through this weird maze thing, and if we got to the end we would win the prize of our dreams. But if we didn't get through we'd be trapped forever. Tara, Dani, Meggie, Eduardo and I got through it. Everyone else died I guess. Anyway, I don't really remember much of what the others recieved, except for Meggie. She got her baby Hailey back from the family that adopted her [Meggie got pregnant young, and she had to give her baby up. She regrets it everyday emot-frown ] Anyway, at the end of the maze, Sydney was waiting for me. She told me that she had alway wanted to be with me and all kinds of sappy stuff that I want to hear. We went back to her house, which wasn't really a house, it was a huge mansion/castle thing. We all suddenly had english accents and wore Victorian-style dresses and whatnot. It was strange. Sydney's boyfriend [-.-] Jeckt was waiting for us in the room we were all to share...uhm....use your imagination emot-biggrin I would be bothered, but Jeckt is super hot etc-wankgirl. Anyway, Jeckt was never around unless we wanted him for carnal things, all the couple like whatnot was just she and I. I remember having dinner with the 'royal family' and Sydney announcing that she and I would have a baby. [Jeckt didn't get her pregnant, I did. Not sure how that happened...]. Anyway, it was a wonderful dream. I woke up and was pretty pissed off that I was only dreaming.

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#28 | Back to Top01-22-2007 11:40:57 AM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

Another funny thing about my dreams...

When im able to fly in my dreams its always kinda like in Super Mario 64, you have to run and jump 3 times! emot-gonk even with wings.
Switching back to sexuality and interpretations, ive decided that most of the things in my dream can be inerpreted thusly

My dream about having a double penetration

I would try it, but i will never get to experience it without the aid of my BF and a toy. emot-gonk

So...usualy i feel that dreams are of course....a repressed desire that you feel will never happen, so you live it out in your dream....but then you have dreams like..

Alien attack dream or back yard sinking into a giant hole of nothing and utterly causeing the world to collapse in on itself dream.

just scary nightmare shit....
nothing to interpret here freud....

school-freud

NO! i said no Freud!!.......

school-freud...

damn...

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#29 | Back to Top01-23-2007 04:03:13 PM

Alithea
Dark Whisperer
Website

This is the weird dream I had last night.

I had a dream that Yasha owned a whole foods type grocery store (well maybe it was more like a Trader Joe's if you've ever been to one of those). Anyway, the store sells organic stuff, health food stuff... The Whole Earth Foods over here has a killer bakery with lots of yummy treats, it's also a bit of an upscale market as well.

So, Yasha was running some sort of writing contest out of the store and I was one of the contestants with a good shot of winning. We all had these team t-shirts with felt lettering on them. I can't remember what mine said but the letters were falling off.

I was helping Yasha do the inventory at the store and she hugged me for the help and was excited about my first time entering the contest.

Then Giovanna arrived and asked me to go with her on an errand. She was driving this little blue pick-up. We drove to a street with a bunch of houses with these weird fluffy red flowers in bloom. We were chatting about something and then I woke up.

"The only reason to write is to write for love. Write for passion. If you have the privilege of being able to write, then don't do it for any other reason." - Stephen Sondheim

#30 | Back to Top01-23-2007 04:43:38 PM

Almaser
Qualified Duellist

I have a lot of dreams where flying is involved, but it's not really flying - instead, I'm swimming through the air, because apparently you can do that in dreams.

Oh! And I had a really kind of disturbing dream a few nights ago. It was taking place in some secluded, all-girls boarding school in the middle of the forest. Really big, redbrick building, stern teachers, the whole cliche. Except one of the students with a psychotic serial killer, and was murdering random girls in really gruesome ways. As far as I can remember, a bunch of girls were trying to solve the mystery, and pretty much all of them got killed, except for a couple who managed to survive. Then it skipped forward to this big final exam where all the students were in one big hall, and then the teachers came in and started dragging them off downstairs.
And downstairs was a hidden chamber full of a viscous black liquid... a very powerful acid it seems, considering what happened when the teachers started throwing the girls into it!
After watching the girls dissolve, it cut to a bunch more gruesome killings (including a ferret attacking another for some reason) and a girl waking up in the forest outside it.

I'm so writing a story based on it now.

#31 | Back to Top01-23-2007 05:38:02 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Giovanna wrote:

Tamago wrote:

What does it mean when you dream that the highschool you went to now seems to have a brass and mirror makeover and for some reason there are large horizonal concrete pipes sticking out of the school grounds like sewer pipes?

Many people dream about stylized versions of their high school. Mine is always rubble like after a hurricane. You have an opulent facade but exposed pipes? Perhaps a theme of outer appearances and exposure of what's underneath?

Tamago wrote:

The other odd aspect is why the hell am I some kind of disembodied brain and spine that moves around and takes over someones body by opening the top of their head and inserting myself in their brain cavity?

Identity issues, sounds like. You remove the vitals, your brain, your spine, but leave the rest behind and inhabit who you will as though the body is a shell and it doesn't define you. Do these people struggle when you do this? Perhaps you're trying on different 'bodies', looking for the one that fits...you've mentioned elsewhere here a tumultuous school life for reasons relating to this. Interesting though that you used the brain and not the heart...how accurate of you!

emot-aaa emot-aaa Have you every considered a career as a shrink or maybe a profiler? emot-aaa emot-aaa

You seem to easily grasp the deeper meaning behind a persons thoughts and actions and in this case dreams.

#32 | Back to Top01-24-2007 11:08:11 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Tamago wrote:

emot-aaa emot-aaa Have you every considered a career as a shrink or maybe a profiler? emot-aaa emot-aaa

You seem to easily grasp the deeper meaning behind a persons thoughts and actions and in this case dreams.

Mm. Actually, I've been thinking of getting into school administration.

school-devil

(I have considered a career in psychology, yes, but also I can't stand being broke for the time it'd take to build the degree up, so I'm getting a better paying job to keep me afloat so I can go after whatever I like better in due process.)

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#33 | Back to Top01-24-2007 07:53:16 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Yes, not only can Giovanna intepret body language and be incredibly sexy to boot, she can also intepret dreams! emot-biggrin

Seriously, I am in awe of your wide array of mad skills, Gio. You should be inordinately proud. Allow your ego to float into orbit around planets we have never visited before! emot-dance

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#34 | Back to Top01-24-2007 11:09:57 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Giovanna wrote:

Mm. Actually, I've been thinking of getting into school administration.

The irony would be if the school has a Rose based motif and a major fencing club already.

One thing's for sure, the sex-ed classes at the school Gio takes over would be an experience in of itself.

#35 | Back to Top01-25-2007 01:50:33 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

BioKraze wrote:

etc-wankdude

Now now, we try to keep the Giovanna flattery to IFD. emot-wink

Tamago wrote:

One thing's for sure, the sex-ed classes at the school Gio takes over would be an experience in of itself.

God damn right. There will be a whole grading period on masturbation. And no split classes! If the guys get uncomfortable discussing prostate stimulation with the girls around, that's too damn bad.

They'll get over it. emot-biggrin

Tamago wrote:

The irony would be if the school has a Rose based motif and a major fencing club already.

Actually with me what you need to worry about is the tower and planetarium thing. Oh god, if I had money... etc-love etc-love etc-love

I'm still on topic because that's in my dreams. emot-gonk

#36 | Back to Top01-26-2007 02:34:37 PM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

I had such a wierd dream... I'd love interpretations on it.   It's not normal for me to dream about sorts of things like this!
I was going to get married, although I wasn't sure, a guy who I'd known for a rather long time (in the dream,) had called for me, he seemd to be a ghost or some supernatural being, evidently with alot of power and taste.  I was young in the dream, perhaps I was my age, but I couldn't tell.  I just felt so out of place and strange, even my body wasn't mine.  It was that of a frail ballerenia.
There was much talk weather he would propose to me, there was no question if I would accept it or not, it seemed expected, like I would have no choice other then to be the whim of this man.  He was beautiful, there was no denying it, and strange, but so very, very cold. 
I'm so very tired of cold people, constantly I continued to say, yet, it seemed like my will was taken away from me, so many people around me all wanted me to be with this strange man, I felt like I might be killed if I didn't go with him.   That, and it seemed that it was everything I could ever want, a beautiful man, a beautiful castle, every whim I could ever want....  Why resist?
There was no one to save me, and their never would be I realized, just this surreal coating of snow to keep me company, and these faceless servents kept around him.  All the cloathing was black and white, all the food was grey, the only thing in color was the man, this man I was afraid of.  His eyes were red.  He smelled of mud, the same smell of the house I used to live at when I was a child, with dead flowers floating in the water. 
Suddenly, it was announced a cerimony must take place, and all of the people, all of his friends began up the path, but I couldn't run in the heels he gave to me, I kept on trying and trying, running twords the goal infront of me, but it was no use.  I awoke just before I could touch the person in front of me.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/IrisBeloved/piano.png

#37 | Back to Top01-26-2007 09:45:46 PM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

Well, I had a recent dream (probably due to reading IFD so often) where I was in a hotel. Pretty large, with complex fortifications. Except, all the windows were HUGE so that you could see right into the room. I had a mission, to find my friend, who was about to relapse and do drugs. I had to find her and stop this from going down in time. It felt like there was a time-bomb waiting to go off. I had a very hurried, rush-rush feeling through-out the entire dream.

But, like I said, all of these hotel windows gave me a full view into all the rooms, which you think would have been helpful. It wasn't. Simply because almost every room was filled with couples having sex. Now, I subconsciously turned on, but I had such an important duty to get done, that I couldn't really stand
around watching for long.

Eventually, near the top floor I ran into this very sinister creature, whose mouth opened to reveal a complete circle of teeth, like a sea creature with rows like a shark. It asked me to reveal the location of my friend (I still didn't know), so I decided to lie to buy some time. But the thing could tell I was lying!!! It held up it's hand in a gesture, which I can only assume was a magical truth-serum, because I instantly had to tell what I knew - nothing.

By the end of the dream, I was no longer turned on (obviously) and nearly having a heart attack realizing now a monster had entered the area and was competing with me.

I love a good nightmare, that begins with sex! Anyone ever had that famous reoccurring dream where you win the shopping spree at Toys R Us, load up your cart, but before you can play with a single thing...wake up?

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#38 | Back to Top01-26-2007 10:15:57 PM

alexielnet
Unfulfilled Juror
Website

I had another dream that my pet turtles turned into snapping turtles. Those things are fucking scary!  When I was a kid, my mum and I were fishing and this big snapping turtle swam up next to our boat. I thought it was an alligator and I kind of freaked out because it kept hitting our boat while trying to get our fish. Needless to say, I am not a fan of the big, scary beasts.

#39 | Back to Top01-29-2007 09:16:28 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Last night's dream was interesting, and I didn't know where to put it...in here, or in the Utena dreams thread, so here it is.

My brother (who is in Korea at the moment) and I were having a very in-depth discussion and tearing apart of the Utena cast and series. We were analysing the Seitokai Arc and everything that it encompasses, and had just gotten to the Black Rose Arc before I woke up. What makes this amusing and disturbing is that I haven't seen past episode 7 (Juri's Unfulfillment), and my brother hasn't seen one episode in his entire life, yet there we are, discussing the finer points of Duels and the meaning behind character actions and such.

Not quite a nightmare, but enough to scare me a little...Spooky!

Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#40 | Back to Top01-31-2007 12:55:06 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Okay... This is long enough that I doubt people will read it, but it's one of my favorite dreams. Please excuse the writing-- I did it without a second draft or edit.

In this dream, I had come from the Summerlands into a forest, and the man I loved was walking behind me. The forest was half dead, trees crusted with lichen, and the crash of falling branches sounded closer around us than it was. The main thing I remember was the silence; no birds, no animals, only the sound of young things growing and old things dying.

We were following a path more like a deer trail. It was faint, but we could see well enough to follow it. I'm not sure now whether I knew where it led or not. I know that when I saw the black pool, like a smooth piece of obsidian stone fringed by green weeds, I recognized it, as well as the woman who stood beside it.

I should say here that the people in my dream were not people I knew in waking life; in my dream, however, this woman was my grandmother. Her face was solemn, and she did not smile when she spoke. "You may find your chance."

I knelt down at the edge of the pool. Close up, it was flecked with green plants like tiny lilypads, no larger than the smallest nail on my hand. I considered them for a moment, watched a frog jump away from the pool without hearing him land in the grass, and then plunged my arm into the pool.

It was so cold that it felt like my heart turned to ice in my chest. My fingers were numb before I felt them strike anything. Still, I dredged the water for as long as I could stand the cold, dragging my numb fingers in the water, feeling them catch on things underneath, but never finding what I wanted.

When I pulled my hand from the water, it was blue with cold. Nevertheless, I stood and looked at my grandmother's clear eyes and wrinkled brow, and didn't cover my hand with the other to warm it. She nodded at me, and then seemed to forget me so completely that I had never been there.

I turned around, not catching a glimpse of my love, and we went back to the Summerlands, to be young forever again.

The next time we came back, the moss was longer, and more of the trees were dead. I didn't look back over my shoulder this time either, but this time I knew it was because it would have grave consequences. The pool was exactly the same, its glassy surface still blacker than the space between the stars, flecked with tiny green lilypads that no frog could ever sit on.

This time, it was my daughter, grown into a woman, standing next to the pool. She was draped in black, the way my grandmother had been, and she carried that air of solemnity even with a smile on her face. We said our greetings, and she smiled at her father.

I plunged my arm into that pool once again, this time worried. It was getting more urgent that I find what I was looking for. Still, my fingers numbly scraped against things I did not need. And the cold was worse this time, chilling my spine.

My daughter looked sadly at us as we left again for the Summerlands, but she did not speak. I did not look at him.

The third time we came to the woods, things were growing dark. I remember stumbling, trying to find my way through the undergrowth, and almost missing the pool. When I did find it, it still looked as placid as ever. My great granddaughter stood beside it, and her hair was shot with grey. I had not aged at all.

My stomach twisted with panic, and I lunged for the cold of the pool before my great granddaughter had the chance to do more than nod. Yet again, my finger scrabbled at nothing. Desperate, I tried harder, sinking my arm up to the shoulder in the water and gasping for breath as the black water lapped at my lips. My lungs felt as if I were breathing solid ice.

Again, I found nothing. I knew somehow that this was the last time. I stood up slowly, feeling old for the first time, even though I knew it could never happen. My great granddaughter watched me silently, immobile. The knowledge of what the chance had been cracked into my mind, my chest tightening, and I knew that if I turned around, my love would be dead and decayed behind me, as he should have been long since.

So I didn't turn around. I stood still and waited, trying to steel myself for the inevitable.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#41 | Back to Top01-31-2007 08:38:03 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Yasha wrote:

Freaking incredible dream sequence

... ... ...

(is rendered speechless)

#42 | Back to Top01-31-2007 10:29:38 PM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

The dream I had last night wins so hard. I'd love to know what it means.

I was in a really pretty turquoise sundress playing around in my old backyard before my parents moved and standing on the wooden swingset and stuff. Just generally doing cute little girl things.

But this is what I was thinking to myself the entire time:

I'm so lucky my girlfriend loves me even though I'm a catgirl.

Hinotori made this post, and then went back and changed it later. Such is life.

#43 | Back to Top01-31-2007 11:58:16 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

BioKraze wrote:

... ... ...

(is rendered speechless)

You have no idea, BioKraze. I woke up sobbing my eyes out. I'll transcribe some of my other dreams sometime, they've plagued/blessed me for most of my life. I miss them now that I don't have time to remember them.

Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#44 | Back to Top02-01-2007 12:13:15 AM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

::was so wrapped up in being a pretty fucking catgirl she didn't notice Yasha's dream D:::

That's beautiful, and surprisingly coherent. It always amazes me how people can have long and linear dreams where things are understood and jusr fall into place. I've only had three or four of those myself.

Hinotori made this post, and then went back and changed it later. Such is life.

#45 | Back to Top02-01-2007 03:27:14 PM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

I'm adding my voice to the chorus of "WOW YASHA DREAM". That sounds almost like a short film, as opposed to a nonsensical dream. It would be very enjoyable to enter that sort of landscape each night! Yasha, please do transcribe some more of your dreams when you get the chance!

Hinotori wrote:

CATGIRL DREAM

I'd love to know what it means.

Ok, well I've taken several years of psychology classes, and I have about 15 dream interpretation books. Certainly not an expert, but I love the subject. I've learned that dream interpretation is so subjective that it's impossible to have any definite opinions. Still, I listen to all my friend's dreams, and find meanings for them all...but they're always general.

That said, I'm sure this dream is equivalent to saying that love frees you to do things that you might consider childish, or really things that you wouldn't respect yourself for doing being a serious-minded adult. "Catgirl" is something different, it's slightly not-human, with usually a positive connotation. So again, when someone loves you, you can be yourself, even if 'yourself' is quite different.

On another level, cat's generally are portrayed as not really caring what others want, as opposed to the obedient dogs who do as the master wishes. So, you could be dreaming that you, as a person, generally don't follow commands, not to purposely rebel, but simply do your own thing regardless of whether it appeals to society at large. Knowing this in your dream, you believe you are lucky that someone loves and respects you for the same qualities that are known to turn others away.  You yourself appreciate those qualities more, when seen as positives through the eyes of another.

Maybe yes, maybe no. But such fun to discuss!

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#46 | Back to Top02-01-2007 04:28:31 PM

A Day Without Me
Still Drunk in the Morning?

Yasha's Cool Dream

Man, that was such a profound dream. Geez, now I'm curious as to what you were looking for in the water.

Hinotori's Catgirl Dream

I think its always cool when you remember what you were thinking in a dream - so often you just don't, so when you do its cool.

I wish I could come up with a better term for it than 'cool' >.<

Heh, I just woke up from a bad dream... or, no, it was about to get bad when I woke up. I don't remember any of it, except that right before I woke up I was about to get kissed by a friend of mine - and that would've made it a bad dream!

"I'm bringing paxil back. (Yup)
My HMO might just pick up the tab. (Yup)
I got the tremors and I need a nap. (Yup)
I gave my rent check to them Pfizer cats."

#47 | Back to Top02-01-2007 04:49:18 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Yasha wrote:

Yasha's dream

That was... Wow... O.O

I had a dream about The Sims last night...

In most cases, I really hate dreaming about The Sims. Last night I dreamt that I was one of my Sims, and I was talking to Akio. Suddenly someone set off a rocket launcher, and the house set on fire. Shiori was there, and she was killed in the fire, and then I woke up. Now I feel kind of bad for my Sims, because that dream was really scary. emot-frown

Also, I keep dreaming about wolves lately. There were two clone-wolves from The Sims that were fighting each other in my dream.

#48 | Back to Top02-01-2007 05:43:21 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I don't know what I was looking for, but it was 'my chance', whatever it was. I think what it meant was that I'd be able to keep my lover/husband/whatever alive. Anyway, I used to have weird dreams like that all the time. I'll write some more out when I get the chance.

#49 | Back to Top02-01-2007 06:03:11 PM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

Yasha wrote:

Amazing Yasha Dream

I'm going to offer a bit of interpretation, such a cool dream.  I'm going to offer up an interpretation, half based on Jung and a bit of my own things. This is the website I used: http://www.mythsdreamssymbols.co

Family - your whole self; the members of the family are your emotions or complexes.

Me:
You're trying to find something out about yourself, your emotions and things of the like, but since the water is cold, it shows that this is proving to be a very diffucult thing for you to find/admit

Webstie:
River - This is a strong emotional symbol. Consider the state of the river - was it frozen? flowing? It’s representative of the passage of time as well. What are the currents in your life, the flow of emotions that tend to sometimes overwhelm you?

Me:
It seems to say that this is a very inner-self thing, since you still needed to find these things dispite having a lover and the rest of your family, that you feel that something is lacking within yourself, and that you cannot move forward (since you're not aging in the dream,)  until you find it.

Last edited by Iris (02-01-2007 06:04:35 PM)

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/IrisBeloved/piano.png

#50 | Back to Top02-01-2007 07:17:41 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

At the time when I had that dream, that would have been a very apt interpretation. I was one confused girl a few years ago, let me tell you. Someday I'll post a thread about it.

Board footer