This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top09-24-2011 10:24:24 AM

Bean
New Student
Website

Himemiya Cosplay for Christmas?

Hello, people! My mom is wanting us to make our X-mas lists earlier this year, and I'm planning to get a Himemiya cosplay!

...However...

...Himemiya cosplay is really hard to find (I'm surprised, because Himemiya was still, like, a main character, even if it is an older anime...)! All I found was this yesterday, but I'm still looking for a better price...and maybe not a scary-looking site. o.e (I'm really iffy about sites that look like this, even if people post their cosplay picture. @_@;;)

http://www.qqcosplay.com/REV/revrosred.html

And even if I did get it, we probably don't want to spend another hundred dollars on a wig. ;; ((I really don't want to be Movie!Himemiya because she's just...weird. And giggly-strange. o.e;))

P-please help me. emot-gonk

"Every time they squeezed my finger, I laughed even harder. I was also thinking about Saionji as a mermaid, swimming under the sea while "Alligators All Around" played."

...AND YO HAIR IZ UGLY!

#2 | Back to Top10-02-2011 12:04:57 AM

SaionjixAnthy
Mikage Mistruster
Website

Re: Himemiya Cosplay for Christmas?

Design your own. You have three months! :3

"The bells signal the start of the duel, Anthy! You forget yourself."

#3 | Back to Top10-02-2011 12:55:31 AM

PrettyPeopleWithSwords
Rose Smilee

I don't think cheap cosplay is possible unless you can sew or you have a really generous friend who can sew for you/make you their model. Anthy's dress isn't terribly complicated so it might be a good first sewing project if you can learn between now and Christmas.

#4 | Back to Top10-02-2011 01:36:05 AM

Dognog
Friend, Perhaps

Maybe we should try that, since we have a friend whose mom sews. She made a jacket for me once, free :3
I dunno, I guess we'll see~

"DOGNOG: He's got a fiancee, hoes, and freaks with his sister. He is the original PIMP."

#5 | Back to Top10-02-2011 10:24:34 AM

dirufacade
Ballgoer
Website

e-bay.  The cosplay sweatshops now seem to have Utena, Anthy, Dios and Touga costumes up.  The quality... I don't know.  But they're fairly cheap.

~ diru

Don't talk shit. One does not hear about Abraxas by accident.

#6 | Back to Top10-02-2011 10:51:54 PM

Davine Lu Linvega
Spam Arsonist

I got curious once and looked at websites for a bunch of companies that make marching band uniforms to see if there was anything available that resembled a movie Student Council uniform. I came up with nothing, it seems most marching bands these days buy things that look like scraps of nylon stapled together by an 8-year-old. You'd think there's someplace you can find those sorts of outfits, there have to be some more traditional marching bands still around.

#7 | Back to Top10-12-2011 12:14:29 AM

PrettyPeopleWithSwords
Rose Smilee

Davine Lu Linvega wrote:

I got curious once and looked at websites for a bunch of companies that make marching band uniforms to see if there was anything available that resembled a movie Student Council uniform. I came up with nothing, it seems most marching bands these days buy things that look like scraps of nylon stapled together by an 8-year-old. You'd think there's someplace you can find those sorts of outfits, there have to be some more traditional marching bands still around.

My high school band still had those old-style uniforms (I probably don't even want to know how old they were) . . . Have you ever worn one of those things? They are very thick and heavy, not to mention unflattering! Plus you'd have to cut the sleeves off and make lots of other alterations to the decorations and such. Starting from scratch would be much simpler since it's basically just a vest and a skirt.

#8 | Back to Top10-12-2011 11:58:40 PM

HonorableShadow
Thorn of Death

e-bay.  The cosplay sweatshops now seem to have Utena, Anthy, Dios and Touga costumes up.  The quality... I don't know.  But they're fairly cheap.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cosplay-Shoujo- … 519b2997fe

I bought this Anthy costume from e-Bay and honestly, I wasn't expecting much. It was pretty cheap. (Though it's gone up in price from last year, it seems.)

I was blown away by the quality. It was really well made IMO. It was a pleasant surprise. emot-biggrin

Here's an even cheaper one, but I don't know anything about this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Revolutionary-G … 2c5d9ee52b

Last edited by HonorableShadow (10-13-2011 12:02:29 AM)

I'll show you a sight you've never seen before.

#9 | Back to Top10-23-2011 01:31:15 AM

Davine Lu Linvega
Spam Arsonist

PrettyPeopleWithSwords wrote:

Davine Lu Linvega wrote:

My high school band still had those old-style uniforms (I probably don't even want to know how old they were) . . . Have you ever worn one of those things? They are very thick and heavy, not to mention unflattering! Plus you'd have to cut the sleeves off and make lots of other alterations to the decorations and such. Starting from scratch would be much simpler since it's basically just a vest and a skirt.

I was looking for a movie Student Council uniform like Touga wears, not to make an Anthy dress. I've never been in a marching band but I can guess that hand-me-down equipment from a school doesn't look good or fit very well...

#10 | Back to Top11-12-2011 10:32:21 AM

Bean
New Student
Website

Oh yeah, thanks for the help. o3o ;; I think we're just going to buy from Ebay, so it'll be okay. ((I guess... I'll post pictures?;;))

And also, sorry for never being active or anything. :c ~

"Every time they squeezed my finger, I laughed even harder. I was also thinking about Saionji as a mermaid, swimming under the sea while "Alligators All Around" played."

...AND YO HAIR IZ UGLY!

Board footer