This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top02-17-2007 02:09:38 PM

Suyo
Tenjou Tilter

Apostle

In the Utena Vs Akio duel, the song Internal Clock, Municiple Orrery, it mentions the 12 apostles surrounding "me."
I read somewhere here along time ago someone explaining this..
But I don't remember anything T_T

Could someone state who this "me" is and who the 12 are?

May those who accept their fate be granted happiness. May those who defy it be granted Glory.

#2 | Back to Top02-17-2007 02:43:14 PM

Lightice
Azure Paleontologist

Re: Apostle

According to the translation of the Audiology on this site, the lyric is: "The twelve disciples are mere dolls" and "The twelve constellations of the ecliptic me". This apparently is reference to an orrery - specifically the famous Prague Astronomical Clock, which includes figures of the twelve apostoles as well as Death in form of skeleton going in circles at every hour. The twelve constellations are a reference to the Zodiac, also mentioned in the song.

I believe that there is an essay of the symbology of the song on the site, as well.

EDIT: Here, apparently.

Last edited by Lightice (02-17-2007 02:43:36 PM)

Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

#3 | Back to Top02-17-2007 07:01:47 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Re: Apostle

That's an incredibly awesome essay, and I've always wanted to see more of the song translation essays along those lines. Caleb really did an excellent job explaining the symbolism-- much the way Razara does with the BRS in her symbolism thread.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

Board footer