This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top07-23-2008 08:17:07 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Re: [RP/OOC] IRGBalcony: Shinobi Dreams

*Cassandra looked over the controls of the Debonair for the thousandth time and sighed. Being outside with the Boss was more fun than being stuck in the ship. She checked the power source and made sure the breeder reactions were within tolerable limits, then projected herself outside. Thanks to the influence of the Mind Probe, Cassandra had the ability to be a true hologramme -- visible yet not solid -- when she chose to exist outside the UFO. She walked through trees and other assorted flora, soon finding the back courtyard. She crouched behind a tree soundlessly -- she was, after all, intangible when not aboard the Debonair -- and waited for the day's action to pick up...*

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#52 | Back to Top07-24-2008 12:10:10 AM

Triforce742
Pained Growlithe

*Since he was already in his gear from earlier Triffy managed to make his way outside nine minutes early, and figured he would just sit patiently in the clearing waiting for the others, but then he saw her. She was a three month old chipmunk that he had been helping to raise for months since that day he saw her mother die from a hawk. Though looking after basically amounted to feeding her, and providing her with a place to sleep namely a converted bird's nest. This was looking to be a very good day. After all he needed something to raise his spirits since the whole Chani incident earlier.

*Every time he saw her it uplifted him. Knowing that he was responsible for keeping this wonderful creature alive. Everyone else thought he had been crazy looking after a chipmunk for three months, but he knew it was the animal lover within him, and he just couldn't sit by and watch the thing die. On the down side she hadn't quite become used to living on her own, and he was slowly getting her to become self reliant. *

* As Triffy watched her scamper off, he returned to reality and looked up at the sun, shielding his face with his hands. It was about time, best to stand and prepare for the others*

[Either I've gone crazy, or this was really the best I could do at 2 AM]

Last edited by Triforce742 (07-24-2008 01:20:00 AM)

"LAUGH WITH ME"
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk113/Triforce742/MGS4BeastLaughingOctopus-2.jpg

#53 | Back to Top07-24-2008 09:08:06 AM

Prince_of_Stars
Someday Shiner
Website

*Prince walked out into the broad daylight, looking directly into the sun for a moment. He looked around the training area for a moment and noticed Force looking at something on the ground. Must be his pet chipmunk, he thought delightedly. Force had saved the little creature after witnessing a hawk murder its mother, and he had become quite enamored with it after that. Prince thought it was cute the way Force looked after the animal, and hoped that it would live a long healthy life. He looked of into the distance, noting a very tall tree off to the right. He ran and jumped onto one of the highest branches of the tree that would support him. It was cooler up there, and he sat quietly, focusing on the training ahead of him. He did this before every session; it was imperative that he refocus all the energy that he had spent on his Sensei back into himself. Training was tougher these days, and he needed all the help he could get. He closed his eyes for a moment, then threw off a huge fire ball into the direction of the sun. Yes, he thought, good and strong. Once he was reassured of his power, he settled down on the branch and focused on something else. In the deep recesses of his mind, he focused on his Sensei. He focused on one of the many things he liked about her; today it was her eyes. He thought about how she always seemed to see right through him, how everything she felt was right there behind her glasses. He thought about how she looked at him....and how he melted when she did. He realized he could look into her eyes forever, and that he would always be there to protect her, if only to continue to be able to look into her eyes and see everything.

"Ah well," he said to himself, "time to get down to business."

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/chani_sama/prince-sig.png

Sir Hellsing: Leader of the Feminine Failure Revolution
Faithfully failing at feminine tasks, gender roles, and the conventionality of femininity since 1990.

#54 | Back to Top07-24-2008 05:06:41 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

*Chani came out to the clearing about halfway through the time she'd imposed on her apprentices, seeing who was there already. There was Triffy with his chipmunk... and it took a little searching, but she found Prince up a tree, looking like he was meditating. She didn't really look at either of them, but simply nudged her glasses up her nose and tugged her belt into a more comfortable position. It was easy to see she was heavily armed, and that was just the visible weaponry. All her apprentices knew that she never went anywhere unarmed, and she could always hide more weapons on her person than most of them could believe was possible.*

*She sighed and walked over to Triffy, the chipmunk running away as she approached, and knelt beside him. Quietly, she took the wrist she'd grabbed while in Bio's room and delicately felt it over.* Does it still hurt at all, Triffy? I'm sorry for acting like I did. It was uncalled for.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m526/aines_pixels/mikageirgsig02-2012.png

#55 | Back to Top07-24-2008 10:08:49 PM

Kaelyndra
Pained Growlithe

"Damn!" she really hated racing games. She was so slow at them. Either everyone else had secret routes to get there, or she was just . . . slow. Then again, the reason might be that she'd found one pop tart to not be nearly enough and had entered the kitchen before making her way up to the field.

As of current she was busily not heeding Prince's warning and eating twice and fast as she would normally. Strawberry were her favorite, and she was mixing these with the richly sweet taste of chocolate. Licking her fingers clean, she meanered up to the training grounds to where Triforce amused himself with a chipmunk and Prince thinking about goodness knows what.

"Blech," she said, looking in his direction. "I look at you and think dirty thoughts. You're like a radiation of manhood." She paled as she saw that their Sensei was already present, the master's voice the only thing to have cued her in.

"Triffy's tough," she piped in for no reason at all. Babying him was not the way to get him to succeed. "And I'm ready."

#56 | Back to Top07-24-2008 10:30:33 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

*Cassandra moved out from behind the tree, being careful not to disturb Triffy's chipmunk companion. She whispered softly in his ear...*

You should probably take the chipmunk as a familiar, you know...

*Straightening up, she walked to Chani and stopped right before her.*

Mind if I watch you all practice? It gets dreadfully boring without my boss around and awake...

Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#57 | Back to Top07-24-2008 10:52:07 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

*Chani eased a minor shot of healing power into Triffy's wrist, making any injury she may have caused go completely away. Her eyes had gone black from that small use of her power, and it gave her a far more menacing look.* Whether he's tough or not does not matter, Kaelyndra. There's little point going into a mission if you're not at your full power. You all would do well to remember that. *Her voice was projected well enough that even Prince in his tree could hear her.*

*She looked at the AI and smiled faintly, the smile strange with the black eyes.* Of course you're welcome to watch us, Cassandra. Any time you're bored, if we're doing something that interests you, you're welcome to watch. Just try not to distract or help them too much? *She gestured at her students as she spoke the last part.*

As I said earlier, we're playing with bells. *She jingled her ponytails of hair once again as she turned her attention back to her students.* The point is for each of you to acquire a bell from me, in any way possible. I expect you to fight as if I were an enemy, and not your teacher. Pulling your punches is not recommended. The practice will continue until all members of the team have a bell in their possession. *She looked at each of them steadily over her glasses.* Teamwork is the keyword, my apprentices.

*She slid the recently reacquired book from her belt, and flipped it open to the marked page.* You may start at any time.

#58 | Back to Top07-24-2008 10:52:44 PM

Prince_of_Stars
Someday Shiner
Website

*Prince looked down and saw his Sensei looking and finding both him and Force in their respective places. He almost died when she made that brief eye contact with him. He felt the familiar fire coursing through him, and he fought to keep it down. It was time to focus on the training. Kael caught his attention, apparently reading his thoughts.

"You're damn right I am! Feel the testosterone!"

*He watched as Chani walked toward Force, inspecting his wrist. He watched angrily as she touched his wrist with gentle fingers. What the hell, thought Prince jealously. He peered down and looked at Chani's face, noting no sign of romantic attentions. Hm, that's right, back off my woman. He blinked suddenly. I've got to stop thinking that. He dropped down from the tree, looking around him to make sure he is not falling into a trap. Satisfied, he began to walk toward his Sensei, eyes flashing crystal blue.*

"Hello, Sensei."

*He spoke smoothly, taking in all of the Sensei's weaponry. He wasn't fooled; he knew that the weapons he saw were only a third of the weapons actually on her. She looked so dangerous, ruthless, like she could kill him at any second. He loved it. Dangerous and beautiful, the perfect woman to him. He held his hand up and it was automatically engulfed in flames as she began giving her instructions. Capture the bell without her knowing. Easy right? Not even. He was quiet, and he could close of his energy pretty well, but she could smell the flames on him a mile away, not to mention his murderous body heat, if nothing else. He ran off into the forest, stopping so that he could calm down and close off his energy some. Once he did that and cooled his body temperature, he walked casually out into the clearing. He took off running, being as quiet as totally possible. He went to reach for a bell, so close he could taste it. His eyes glowed; victory was in his grasp....*

Last edited by Prince_of_Stars (07-24-2008 11:31:34 PM)

Faithfully failing at feminine tasks, gender roles, and the conventionality of femininity since 1990.

#59 | Back to Top07-25-2008 09:00:41 AM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

*There was something vaguely amusing to Chani about the extent that Prince went to in order to try to hide himself. None of her apprentices could really be hidden from her under their own power, not with how well she knew them and their current training level. She didn't even look up, but merely side-stepped him running at her just in time that he could feel strands of her hair tickle his skin, her attention intent on the book in her hand.* Never think you've won until you actually have. *She turned a page in the book, a cute smile curving her lips.* You don't have to sneak the bells off me, you know.

#60 | Back to Top07-25-2008 09:28:09 AM

Prince_of_Stars
Someday Shiner
Website

*He felt it, the strands of hair right under his fingertips, and the bell only millimeters away. I've got, I've got it! he thought happily. And then he was face down in the dirt. Como la mierda?! he wondered aloud. He laid there a moment, wallowing in his minor shame at this latest failure. He was always the first to take the fall in training. He didn't mind getting showed up, and it made his teammates fairly comfortable, after they finished laughing anyway. He took a moment to compose himself, getting up slowly. He dusted himself off and looked at Chani. She had side-stepped him, and it was so smooth he didn't even realize her movement. He winced as he walked off toward her, his chest and ribs aching, and his head hurting a bit.*

"That was...pretty damn smooth Sensei."

*He gave a pained half-smile, holding onto his torso. He noted Chani's smile, and her comment. His eyes glowed orange, and a wickedly lustful smile crossed his face. He thought about all the ways he get the bells off of her, and his thoughts got progressively dirtier until he stood before his Sensei at attention below the belt. Aw crap, I forgot that happens. I have to stop thinking that stuff. He continued smiling at his Sensei, and then came face to face with her. Pressing his lips to her ear he whispered...*

"Why that sounds like an invitation, Sensei. You sure you want me to take you on like that? I mean, Force is standing right there..."

*At that moment, he looked right at Force, smiling darkly.*

Last edited by Prince_of_Stars (07-25-2008 09:37:34 AM)

#61 | Back to Top07-25-2008 09:50:42 AM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

*Chani's smile grew a little darker as she realized exactly where Prince's thoughts lay, and she let him get so very close to her, close enough to touch her, and then she looked up at him, locking her eyes on his. There was no lust, no amusement, no emotion at all to be seen in those inky depths. She tossed her book in the air and slammed her open palm into Prince's chest, a small explosion of her firey reddish-orange power adding to the force behind her hit, as it was her intention to throw Prince across the clearing. She caught her book as the dust settled, leveling those emotionless eyes on her other two apprentices.* Anyone else want to try being a cocky bastard?

#62 | Back to Top07-25-2008 10:17:51 AM

Prince_of_Stars
Someday Shiner
Website

*Prince saw her look, and he knew he was in trouble. He watched as she threw her book in the air, and then he felt her hand against his chest. He flew off the ground and was flying fast and he landed on the other side of the clearing, his head banging against a tree. He laid there, head spinning and a dumb grin on his face. She totally wants me, he thought. He tried to sit up, but he was dizzy, and so he laid back down. He heard her question, and it cut him. He pulled himself together enough to stand, and then walked drunkenly back toward her, eyes blazing in lustful anger.When he got within earshot, he spoke placidly.*

"Cocky bastard huh?"

*His hand was engulfed in furious flames. He blasted a warning fireball at her, knowing it would piss her off that much more, and knowing she'd dodge it. She needed to know just how frustrated he was. He was going to get those bells, and he was going to whatever he could to get them. He wasn't quite up to strength yet, so he fell back, regaining his energy. He looked at his Sensei with golden eyes, lust still painting his vision of her. She beats me up and I still want her. She's good...*

#63 | Back to Top07-25-2008 10:45:21 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

*Cassandra watched and waited. When she saw Prince go down, she noticed him looking at Chani with more than just appreciation or resentment. She decided to intervene. What harm would it do her? She wasn't solid right now, he couldn't hurt her...*

Yo. Keep it in your pants, buddy. You're a trainee, don't forget that.

Last edited by BioKraze (07-25-2008 10:45:38 AM)

#64 | Back to Top07-25-2008 10:49:23 AM

Triforce742
Pained Growlithe

* Triffy was watching the whole engagement from the treetops, and knew what Prince was trying to do. Prince had always been kind of flirtatious with Chani, but during a training exercise. This was just plain foolish and absurd. Not to mention the fact that it really pissed him off not knowing what they were saying to each other, and that stupid look he shot at me. After several minutes of frustration he was about to leave, and put his own plan into use when all of a sudden out of no where, Chani hit Prince across the clearing.*

That's what you get for being so cocky, and flirting during a fight.

*To his amazement, Prince got up and summoned a fireball towards Chani, which was easily avoided.* My turn *He jumped down from the trees, and attempted to find Kael to make a plan with.He knew the game they were playing was as much about teamwork as anything. Something that Prince just didn't understand. Getting the bells would be just the thing to get Prince riled up. After all he thought he was so perfect.*

*He thought all this as he ran around the clearing, where there were still trees, and was beginning to lose hope when he saw Kael just standing out in the open watching the raging battle go on between Prince, and Chani. Well, that was a whole lot of time wasted, trying to find her in the woods. She was out in the clearing the whole time, he thought to himself. He sighed, and quickly made his way up to her.* Hey Kael, we're going to need to work together to do this, any thoughts, and we best do it soon, while she is distracted.

Last edited by Triforce742 (07-25-2008 10:51:50 AM)

"LAUGH WITH ME"
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk113/Triforce742/MGS4BeastLaughingOctopus-2.jpg

#65 | Back to Top07-25-2008 11:08:11 AM

Prince_of_Stars
Someday Shiner
Website

*He though about what Cassandra had said, and she was right. He was still a trainee, albeit a horny, cocky one. But this was his plan. He wanted to distract the Sensei enough to allow his teammates to get the bells. His seemingly brash and pointless flirtation was a methodical move. He watched as Force looked on in amazement as he blasted a fireball at their Sensei. God, he thought, I hope they get those bells, and I hope this is worth her wrath...*

#66 | Back to Top07-25-2008 11:24:32 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

*Back in his bedroom, Bio woke up with a start. He realised that he hadn't been quite as useful around the Commons as he would have liked to be, so he pulled on his cloak (which, amazingly, didn't singe from the laser burns) and floated downstairs, not wanting to make a noise. He went to the kitchen and headed for the freezer, looking for ingredients for today's lunch.*

Hmmm...shrimp...egg...tuna...wasabi...avocado...and, of course, the rice and seaweed. That should do it, now time to get to work!

*Rummaging through the freezer, Bio found what he needed to make sushi. He gathered the materials and set them on the counter. Taking a Kunai Knife from his personal subspace, he proceeded to prepare the sushi while the others trained, humming an ancient Cydonian chant while he did so. Once the sushi was finished, he placed the five trays in the fridge and wrote a short note which was placed on the dining table, placecard style. The note read:*

"Made sushi for lunch. One tray for each person. Don't steal from each other. Enjoy!"

*Once he finished, he moved to watch the others train from the safety of the Commons' interior...*

#67 | Back to Top07-25-2008 11:37:01 AM

Kaelyndra
Pained Growlithe

She covered her mouth as Prince tried to work his magic, laughter balling up from the centers of her throat. He was going to get told right about.  . . then. Flirting, she reminded herself coyly, never worked on well-trained women. It should be reserved for cocky men and those who were just learning that there was such a thing as seduction.

She cleared her throat as she saw Triffy's approach, flicking her glance between him and their dearest Prince who had gotten himself injured. She nodded carefully at his words. "Yeah, I'd quite agree." He looked a slight bit huffed, as though he'd made a mad dash around somewhere. That, coupled with the knowledge of Prince's failure actually did give her an idea. She grinned avidly with her new-found plan and brought her voice down to a low whisper so no one could catch what they said next.

"We can't hide our energy," she explained. "Chani's too good, but I bet you we can confuse her with it." She thought for a few moments before she had the gist of it down. "We can control our energy in fluctuations that make it seem like we're always the same distance away and keep our feet light so she can't hear us. Opposite sides, too, so if one of us slips she'll be distracted to one side." She stood straight and practically beamed at the brilliance of it all.

"Now we need an excuse to get behind her without looking suspicious." She bit her lower lip, realizing this was where her idea ran out. "Your turn to think, now, I guess?" she said with a slight nervous laugh and shot Prince a detestable look and followed it with a smile.

Last edited by Kaelyndra (07-25-2008 11:37:41 AM)

#68 | Back to Top07-25-2008 11:46:02 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

*Bio saw what the apprentices were doing. Removing bells from Chani's hair, it seemed. He decided to have a little fun.*

Bells, eh? This should be a good test of my abilities...

*He closed his eyes, using second sight to envision the scene before him. Triffy and Kael were huddled together, obviously thinking of a way to get those bells, while Prince seemed intent on distraction...whether it was Chani's attention or his own, he couldn't tell and didn't care right now. He let his mind quest ahead, and found a bell perfect for the plucking. Using telekinesis to hold the ringer in place, he used more telekinesis to gently lift the bell away from Chani's hair. Once free of her hair, Bio lifted it high over the courtyard and toward him. It stopped in midair before the doorway, and Bio opened the door and picked up the bell. Not a single chime came from it. He grinned.*

Heh. Let's see them try to top that...

#69 | Back to Top07-25-2008 11:50:01 AM

Prince_of_Stars
Someday Shiner
Website

"Kael, I've been thinking. That's why my ass is getting blasted. I like your idea though. You think we can swing it?"

*His eyes were still focused on Chani, and he was watching to make sure he wasn't caught too off-guard. He'd walked over to join his other teammates, hoping that some time within the next few minutes Chani would attack him so that Kael and Force could get the bells.*

"My plan was just to distract her to the point where she didn't even worry about you two. I was going to try to shield you guys in my energy so that all she'd feel was me. Either way, we have a plan and a half to work with. Shall we try mine first?"

*Prince shot a look to Force.*

"And dude, I saw you scoping me. I was just trying to distract Sensei; I wasn't making a move for real, so cool your jets. Like I said, you don't have to worry about me."

*Prince put his hand out between them.*

"So, we ready to get those bells?"

#70 | Back to Top07-25-2008 06:40:40 PM

Triforce742
Pained Growlithe

"What about throwing a smoke bomb at her so she can't see where we are coming from. Given she'll still be able to detect us coming through our energy, but if we attack from all three direction we'll have those bells yet. The only true way to go undetected for a long period of time would be to Burrow underneath towards her, and leap out of the ground behind her. It might be possible if if we harness enough of our combined energy to create a hole in the Earth."

*Triffy was feeling pretty good after this idea. No idea if this plan would work or if Kaelyndra, and Prince would even agree, but it was worth a try. He also found it impossible to believe all the flirting in battle was really just a decoy set up by Prince. Every one knows Chani would never go for that, but alas it was like him to turn a bad situation into his advantage, making it seem like he had stole my teamwork idea. *

*When this was all done he would have a one on one chat with Prince, and see what his motives really were in this battle. Was he trying to watch us, and figure out our secrets, and our techniques or was he genuinely in this to train and help. Their rocky relationship would stay so for awhile, but he still felt hope that this would someday be fixed.*

Last edited by Triforce742 (07-25-2008 07:02:54 PM)

"LAUGH WITH ME"

#71 | Back to Top07-25-2008 07:44:48 PM

Prince_of_Stars
Someday Shiner
Website

*Prince listened to Force's idea with interest and everything sounded great, until he got to the getting underground part.*

"Even if we blast a hole in the ground, wouldn't it make too much noise? She'd notice!"

*He was asking a question, but somehow, it seemed like it could be turned into an attack, and the last thing he needed was to give Force more ammunition to use against him. He knew he didn't believe that his flirting was for the sake of the team. He wasn't a bad guy, and if only he could prove that to Force, things would be ace. When push came to shove, it was the team's well-being before his own, and their wants before his own. But Force wouldn't listen to him. He already thought that he was a low down scoundrel that was out for himself. But he couldn't worry about that now. It was already taking too much of his focus.*

"Kael, what do you think about Force's plan?"

#72 | Back to Top07-25-2008 11:36:53 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

*Chani let her apprentices talk amongst themselves, intentionally not listening in on their conversation. They were doing what she had asked them to do, and were working together. She'd be very pleased if even one of them managed to retrieve a bell, considering her previous students gave up from exhaustion.*

*As she stood there, reading her book, she felt the faintest tugs on a single strand of her hair. Not even looking, she threw one of her daggers in the direction of the faint tug, and was a bit surprised when she glanced up to see it shoot through the huddle of her apprentices and embed itself deeply in the door by Bio's hand holding the bell. She leveled her bleak gaze on him and stared for a long moment.* I don't know how good you are with your skills, but I'd suggest not doing that again when I'm in the middle of training. I happen to like you and don't feel like hurting you.

*She turned back to her book, waiting for her apprentices to make their move.*

Last edited by Lady Chani (07-25-2008 11:37:41 PM)

#73 | Back to Top07-26-2008 11:34:00 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

*Bio blinked, still holding the bell.*

Do what again...? Oh! Your hair moved. That's news to me. I wasn't aiming for your hair.

*He paused, then:*

Do you want your bell back?

#74 | Back to Top07-26-2008 04:13:42 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

You got it fair and square... *Chani frowned a little, looking up from her book.* ...if the use of your powers can actually be considered fair to the abilities we have. *She shrugged again and went back to reading, noticing that she was nearly done with the book. She rather hoped her apprentices would make a move before she had to finish it.*

#75 | Back to Top07-26-2008 10:15:05 PM

Prince_of_Stars
Someday Shiner
Website

*Time was running out. The Sensei was almost finished reading her book, and if that happened, it would mean failure. He looked desperately at Kael and Force, wondering who was going to make the first move. He decided to do it. He summoned a fireball in his hand, taking careful aim. He blasted it toward Chani's book, making it go up in flames. The pages began to burn, and Prince began looking for a quick getaway. There was hell to pay, and he wanted to pass the debt to someone else. But then he realized that wasn't cool, and so he stayed where he was, bracing for the Sensei's wrath.*

"Oh shit...., heaven help me...."

Board footer