This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#101 | Back to Top04-08-2008 09:01:11 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Re: Name Name what's in a name your own or one in SKU explained

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

Is there a name that means naughty bitch? 

If so I'm so up for a name change. school-devil

When in doubt, go with Desiree.

EDIT: or Jezebel...emot-biggrin

Last edited by Raven Nightshade (04-08-2008 09:05:36 PM)

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#102 | Back to Top04-08-2008 09:21:46 PM

Nilamarthiel
The Icon Icon
Website

I know my name [Erin] means Ireland. But I'm not the tiniest bit Irish. Huh.

I don't know what my middle name [Evelise] means. And Fonville... is boring. I don't know what my last name means, but I know it's boring. D:

#103 | Back to Top04-08-2008 11:50:58 PM

OnionPrince
Covert Diarist

I've heard that a name can significantly influence a person's personality. That would explain why the IRGers have such interesting names. emot-smile

Despite being mostly of Italian and Polish descent, my name comes from an old Greek legend. I've always liked that story.

Last edited by OnionPrince (04-08-2008 11:51:56 PM)

#104 | Back to Top04-13-2008 11:56:44 PM

Mishi
Pained Growlithe

stuff about accents

The accent in Quebec sounds like a French accent with d's instead of z's. We get a lot of flack because we don't speak French with the same accent as the rest of the French-speaking world, which gets on my nerves because they act so superior, but it's Quebec who's been inventing all the new words for the past few years, but that's a different kettle of worms. In parts of New Brunswick they have this strange part-irish/part-french accent which I quite like. It's the Acadian accent and it carries over in their French too.

My full name is Michelle Madeleine Perron-Elgee.

Michelle is the feminine of Micheal. It means 'Who is like God'

Madeleine comes from Magdalen. It either means 'woman of Magdalen' or 'High Tower'

Perron is a French name which comes from a diminutive of Peter. Apparently it's the French equivalent of Peterson.

Elgee is a name I'm not sure of. My grandfather claims it may be derived from the viking Elgar, but I don't actually know what Elgar means either.

So in all, my name means Godly daughter of Peter who lives in a high tower? It sounds awkward. Plus, I laugh because Perron is my mother's name, but my father's actual first name is Peter.

My screen name is a diminutive of Mishiru, which is a misspelling of Michiru. 'Mi' means beauty, and 'shi' means death, so my screenname means Beautiful Death. This also makes me laugh because it makes me sound like a goth, which I most certainly am not.

#105 | Back to Top04-14-2008 06:13:26 PM

mercurynin
Flourishing Verderer

Emily = the feminine form of Emil.  Derived from the Roman family name Aemilius, which was derived from Latin aemulus meaning "rival."  The more common meaning I've found is "industrious" or "hard-working."

Amanda = from the Latin meaning "lovable," though someone studying Latin once told me it carries the connotation of "created or meant to be loved."

Roberts = either the plural or possessive form of Robert (I prefer to think of it as the possessive).  Means "bright fame," derived from the Germanic elements hrod "fame" and beraht "bright".

So I'm a bright, famous, lovable, hardworking rival?

On a related note, the closest Japanese equivalent to my name, Emi, means "blessing" (e; 恵) and "beautiful" (mi; 美).  Both elements are common in girls' names.  Stick "ko" (子; "child/girl") on the end and you'd have a trifecta of the Most Overused Kanji in Japanese Girls' Names.

You know our hearts beat time out very slowly.  You know our hearts beat time -- they are waiting for something that'll never arrive.

#106 | Back to Top05-20-2008 06:23:29 PM

Seitokaichou
Knight of Gates
Website

My first name means: Beloved, Dear, Darling - Origin: French
My last name means: Son of Baldo (prince, fame) - Origin: Spanish

Last edited by Seitokaichou (05-24-2008 07:47:59 AM)

"I pronounce you officially engaged."

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s154/utenasignetringfanbase/linkback/rsen.gif

#107 | Back to Top05-20-2008 07:54:40 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

Neat name meanings ya'll. That reminds me that I need to have look up/ask the meaning of my last name. Seitokaichou hello and I like your profile pic.

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#108 | Back to Top05-20-2008 09:02:14 PM

Seitokaichou
Knight of Gates
Website

SexingTouga24/7/365 wrote:

Neat name meanings ya'll. That reminds me that I need to have look up/ask the meaning of my last name. Seitokaichou hello and I like your profile pic.

Greetings! The profile pic was a gift from the lovely FencingCaptain.

Last edited by Seitokaichou (05-24-2008 09:17:49 PM)

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s154/utenasignetringfanbase/linkback/rsen.gif

#109 | Back to Top05-20-2008 09:56:15 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

You know considering who you are supporting I don't think that you are suppose to behave emot-wink

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#110 | Back to Top05-20-2008 11:18:43 PM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

I thought I had posted here? emot-confused

Well, I really don't know what my name means. It's either derived from Mary and therefore has a Christian meaning, or it has Egyptian origins (I heard about this  from someone but I don't know what it means then). I have no middle name and my last name is nothing interesting.

edit: Aaaaaaaaaaaahahaahahahaha, I did a search on my name on dA (out of curiosity!) and found out people have OCs named Maarika. It's creepy and funny at the same time.

Last edited by Maarika (05-20-2008 11:22:56 PM)

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#111 | Back to Top05-21-2008 02:37:30 PM

Seitokaichou
Knight of Gates
Website

You know considering who you are supporting I don't think that you are suppose to behave emot-wink

(There should be a flirting thread here somewhere so I could have a field day...)

Last edited by Seitokaichou (05-24-2008 09:28:21 PM)

#112 | Back to Top05-21-2008 02:41:54 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

Flirt away emot-biggrin I shall anwser once not at work.

#113 | Back to Top05-21-2008 02:45:41 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Seitokaichou wrote:

(There should be a flirting thread here somewhere so I could have a field day...)

You can always start one *winks*

I would only suggest you start it over in In Flagrante Delicto, and check out the non-suited pics thread first(in case you have a problem with accidentally flirting with forum members of the same gender).

Which Touga shouldn't necessarily have a problem with anyway.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn196/onlyinthislight2/LOLZ%20Touga%20and%20his%20body%20language/Series_ep25_145.jpg
school-devilschool-devilschool-devilschool-devilschool-devil

#114 | Back to Top05-21-2008 03:03:28 PM

Sey
Our Sicilian Prince
Website

My name is Federico Sardo

Federico(derivative of Frithurik) It's a germanic name, that means "The one who rules with serenty".
Sardo... I don't know... maybe my old ancestors lived in Sardegna emot-rofl

Your lovely "That's Amore" IRG User.

#115 | Back to Top05-21-2008 03:12:14 PM

Kaelyndra
Pained Growlithe

My first name means: Good Listener, or Listener of God in the more Hebrew version.
My last name is supposed to be barrel maker, but uh. . . it fails. So it really means Art or Artist. Kind of fitting, I think.

Maybe I should go into religious art where people have really big ears. school-sherlock

#116 | Back to Top05-21-2008 04:25:05 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Seitokaichou wrote:

You. Yes, you... *plays with your emerald curls* ...you are becoming a favourite of mine. Well, you have a Saionji avatar so that means we can be best of friends--and perhaps bed partners too. *plots*

I can't be an uke though. *clears throat*
I just can't give it justice (am I under oath? *snickers*).

Thank you for the heads up! Honestly, I'm still hesitant to start threads because I've just joined. *sweatdrops* I don't wish to anger the mods. *smiles* That reminds me, I still don't know where to post my R-rated drabbles. *bonks head*

Me? Having problems with flirting with forum members of the same gender? I'm actually a single-forever-lesbian seeking single lesbians/lady bi(s) and I take pride (not only delight) in making straight ladies fall for me as well. - that was brought to you by the Touga Dating Service.

(There should be a strike-out tag for safety against future blackmail *clears throat*)

*was suddenly distracted by the shiny~ness of that image* You evil evil you. etc-love

1.) *blush*  As Saionji, I am offended at your audacity, yet unable to resist your advances nonetheless......emot-redface

2.) Don't worry about angering the mods, Giovanna and Yasha crave both information, fangirling, and sexiness, and Satryeyes has got to be the
world's biggest sweetheart, so none of them have any problems with a new member creating threads.  In fact, it's a good way to get started.  Just make sure you always read the rules first.

3.)  For your drabbles, you can post anything R-rated at index >In Flagrante Delicto.  Or here.

4.)Touga is actaully a lesbian.

Now, go make with the sexiness!

Last edited by OnlyInThisLight (05-21-2008 05:31:07 PM)

#117 | Back to Top05-21-2008 05:27:46 PM

Seitokaichou
Knight of Gates
Website

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

4.) Touga is actaully a lesbian.

I agree; he's just flat-chested.

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

Now, go make with the sexiness!

Patience is a virtue--I mean, aye, aye captain!

(Thank you for being kind and patient with my queries!)

Last edited by Seitokaichou (05-24-2008 09:35:23 PM)

#118 | Back to Top05-21-2008 07:06:38 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

Seitokaichou wrote:

A quick hello to Kaelyndra, Sey, Maarika!

Flirt away emot-biggrin I shall anwser once not at work.

Your wish is my command. *carefully unbuttons his seitokai shirt* On my furry sheets or on my carpeted floor?
We can also do it in Akio's car; I find little space more challenging, don't you agree? *grins*

hummmmmmmm well I happen to be in favor of the car and the bed but if you bring ruka along to join yall can pick the location school-devil

Best derail ever emot-dance

#119 | Back to Top05-21-2008 10:53:01 PM

Seitokaichou
Knight of Gates
Website

But but... inviting Ruka will cause unwanted distractions... as in I wouldn't be able to choose between you and him. Just look at his mutant forelock... who wouldn't be tempted to play with it?

Last edited by Seitokaichou (05-24-2008 09:38:42 PM)

#120 | Back to Top05-22-2008 09:22:38 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

We will both play with it school-devil

#121 | Back to Top05-24-2008 08:00:53 AM

Seitokaichou
Knight of Gates
Website

I pity the mutant forelock--but I shall pray for its quick recovery from your abuse and mine. etc-love

Last edited by Seitokaichou (05-24-2008 09:39:37 PM)

#122 | Back to Top05-24-2008 06:23:44 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Apparently, this is what my name means:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/dollwithnoheart/P1020525.jpg

...that I'm from this town, I mean. Not that I'm a fifty year old man. Because I'm not. I'm the one stuck in the mud in ridiculous heels on the right. emot-biggrin

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#123 | Back to Top06-06-2008 01:11:39 PM

The_White_Horse
Rose Smilee
Website

My name, depending on the translation of my first name, translates loosly into "Pure Hearted Son of the Ash Tree Princess/Serpent/Plate" oh, all story-book like xD

Except the plate part. Wtf? O.o

#124 | Back to Top06-06-2008 04:15:09 PM

dlaire
A Whole Orange

Alithea wrote:

So Touga is Winter bud. Think about this he's all about himself through a good portion of the series. One could say he is trapped in winter. Nothing grows in winter, things remai ad they are. He's still enclosed within him self. Self is all he strives for. Please sure for himself. Power for himself. By the end of the series he starts to show sings of change. He cares for someone other than himself. He's started to grow and the bud can blossom. He's reached Spring.

maybe that's why an episode with him is called "The Love that Blossomed in Winter"? It refers to TougaxUtena, not UtenaxAkio..?

Seitokaichou wrote:

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

4.) Touga is actaully a lesbian.

I agree; he's just flat-chested.

SHE is flat-chested, she emot-tongue

#125 | Back to Top06-06-2008 04:52:08 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Seitokaichou wrote:

OnlyInThisLight wrote: