This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#76 | Back to Top03-22-2008 04:57:19 PM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

Re: The shopping thread.

I picked up volumes 1 and 5 of Ergo Proxy, volume 1 of Fate/stay night, and volume 1 of Rozen Maiden Traumend today at FYE because it was buy 1 get 1 free for Geneon.  Even cooler was that the guy chose to (accidentally?) make Traumend  one of the 'paid for' DVDs, which was great since it was $19.99 rather than $29.99 like the others, so it ended up coming out to $13.25/DVD (including tax).

#77 | Back to Top03-22-2008 09:00:39 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

The only thing that I really, really wanted to buy today was anything related to Helena, from Dead or Alive. In fact, I hate Kasumi now, because the only merchandise anyone ever stocks are figures of her. I was very, very lucky to find a book filled with pictures of a professional cosplay, who at some point cosplayed Helena. etc-loveetc-loveetc-love There are some pictures of her cosplay as Kasumi, too, but I'll just tare those pages out.

I had to opportunity to buy some SKU posters and fanart, but I really had to accept the fact that I don't care enough about Utena, Anthy, Juri, Touga, Saionji, or Miki to buy any of the $25 posters with them on it. emot-frown

#78 | Back to Top03-23-2008 06:18:14 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

I want this http://www.alight.com/10112643.html however I want to not pay 30$ plus shipping for a top emot-gonkemot-gonk

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#79 | Back to Top03-25-2008 09:42:01 AM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

So for my birthday, I'm pooling all my money together to buy either this or this. Does anyone have a preference?

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#80 | Back to Top03-25-2008 10:12:47 AM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

The first one!

#81 | Back to Top03-25-2008 10:13:13 AM

Mylene

dollface wrote:

So for my birthday, I'm pooling all my money together to buy either this or this. Does anyone have a preference?

Those are both really cute.  I think I like the Gosrori Yukata a bit more, but that's just because I like yukata in general, whether modified or not.

#82 | Back to Top03-25-2008 10:26:57 AM

dollface
Website

The modified yukuta is one of many! All of them extremely cute. My mother likes the first one, but I still can't decide. I feel like I'd wear the first more, but the second is cheaper....

Regardless, whichever one I don't get will probably end up on a Chrismas list. emot-rolleyes

Last edited by dollface (03-25-2008 10:27:44 AM)

#83 | Back to Top03-25-2008 11:15:37 AM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Epi_lepsia wrote:

The first one!

I agree with Epi.

(If you promised to camwhore in it you could probably take up a collection.)

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#84 | Back to Top03-25-2008 02:29:54 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

I vote for the first one. The second is cute, but there are much cuter ones like that out there.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#85 | Back to Top03-25-2008 05:46:48 PM

Mylene

dollface wrote:

The modified yukuta is one of many! All of them extremely cute.

Yeah, there was a black and white one I saw that I thought would be even better, but I think it cost even more.

But it seems I'm in the minority for which I like most (although I did nearly suggest the first one as well.)

#86 | Back to Top03-25-2008 06:47:32 PM

redrice009
Banned

I like the second one more...  I am weird emot-tongue

#87 | Back to Top03-26-2008 08:03:41 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

I bought... I bought Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney.

Too bad I don't own a DS. emot-gonk

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#88 | Back to Top03-26-2008 09:31:45 PM

mercurynin
Flourishing Verderer

I spent a crapload of money to buy work clothes--in my case, workout gear.  The dress code at work is: black pants, a plain T-shirt (any color, but no print), a track jacket (I'm told this can be any color, but my bosses wear black ones--only one of the three I bought is black), and walking/running shoes.  My mom, a nurse working for the American Red Cross, often jokes that she wears pajamas to work.  Well, thanks to my new job, that makes two of us.

You know our hearts beat time out very slowly.  You know our hearts beat time -- they are waiting for something that'll never arrive.

#89 | Back to Top03-27-2008 05:14:12 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

I apparently lost my damn mind today and bought about $50 worth of stuff.

-- Magic Knights Rayearth, Season One box set from Half-Price Books. Tagged as $20, paid $14 after using my 30% off coupon. emot-dance
-- 8 pack of Duracell batteries from Big Sluts--I mean, Big Lots. I needed them for my headphones, and they were $4. At any other store they'd be over $5. Oh, and I got conditioner for $1.
-- From TJMaxx I got a new bra. It's theLeMystere Carina Renaissance bra. Retails for $62, I paid $10.
--I also got a pair of Mary Jane wedges for $20. Hopefully these won't fall apart after two wearings like the pair of loafer wedges I got from Target.

#90 | Back to Top03-27-2008 06:32:17 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

Congrats on the cute stuff...hope that the bra is non-hurty and what color did you get it in?

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#91 | Back to Top03-27-2008 08:20:16 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

SexingTouga24/7/365 wrote:

Congrats on the cute stuff...hope that the bra is non-hurty and what color did you get it in?

It's a damn comfy bra, I bought it in Pecan, kind of a medium-beige color. I also own the Dream Tisha model in Chocolate, and I've had it for almost a year without breaking the underwire. When you buy a $62 bra--even if you didn't pay $62 for it-- it better be damn near indestructible.

The thing I like about the LeMystere brand is that they cover up to a G cup in most of their bras, but the larger cups are available at all sizes, down to 32.

#92 | Back to Top04-02-2008 12:51:40 PM

dollface
Website

Sorry about wasting your time, guys. emot-frown I've traded in the dresses for my registration and costume for Animazement. I'm going as Freya from Chobits. I know, I know, it might be a pretty silly and overdone anime, but I've always wanted to wear Freya's clothes (I've also always wanted to yell at people when they refer to her as "Dark Chii". Chii and Freya are not the same person!).

Here's the outfit I bought. (Off eBay, how dreadful of me! But it was the only place I could afford. And it was still a bit much for someone who doesn't have a job or anything. Thank you birthday money.)

#93 | Back to Top04-07-2008 02:15:19 PM

Mylene

We bought a new lawn mower today, the old-fashioned motorless variety.  It's a bit harder to use, but think of all the gas we're saving, plus it's just greener in general.  We also bought a garden hose and a carrier for it.

...I don't do much exciting shopping, do I?

Oh, and last night I ordered Kannazuki no Miko and Battle Athletes (OAV) from Right Stuf.  I was going to get the singles for KnM, but volume 2 sold out over the weekend, so I went with the boxset instead.

#94 | Back to Top04-17-2008 11:32:39 AM

Dematrah
Ruthless Deflorist

WANT:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/Dematrah/Random/0535_03490_hr.jpg
I can't remember where I found these! emot-gonkemot-gonkemot-gonk

Also REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT THIS WITH ALL MY HEART, but it's sold so I can't, SO I'LL JUST MAKE IT MYSELF (scroll down near the bottom for the OH MY GAWD pic)

"We want beans, not goals." - Anon.

#95 | Back to Top04-18-2008 08:57:34 PM

Nilamarthiel
The Icon Icon
Website

On Thursday I got a pair of shoes for prom [Roslyn by Naturalizer in black], two shirts and a pair of jeans from Lane Bryant, and a pair of clip-on earrings and hair swirlies for prom from Claire's.

#96 | Back to Top04-18-2008 09:17:39 PM

wingedbeastie
Nest Boxer

Acne facial cleanser and peppermint breath drops by aveda and discount card to the store- $47.17

The Body shop Exfoliant mini, moisturize mini, bath gloves, recycled sponge and discount card- $36.00

Proper headphones so you can workout to music- $19.07

Obliterating a good quarter of your paycheck, so you can start taking care of yourself: PRICELESS

Check out my: Twitter|Voice Over Tumblr|

#97 | Back to Top04-18-2008 09:34:32 PM

mercurynin
Flourishing Verderer

Yesterday, I bought a pair of brown-and-gold slingback pumps to go with a dress I'm bringing with me to RoseCon.  The colors are an almost uncanny match.  Needless to say, I will be traveling via taxi while wearing said shoes, but I only plan to wear them to the formal dinner on Thursday.

You know our hearts beat time out very slowly.  You know our hearts beat time -- they are waiting for something that'll never arrive.

#98 | Back to Top04-26-2008 04:19:07 PM

Mylene

Went shopping for Wii stuff today. Picked up the LAN adapter (free--well, gift carded) at Best Buy, preordered Wii Fit at Amazon, put in an order for Super Swing Golf Season 2 at Deep Discount, and ordered Super Smash Brothers Brawl from Dell (free--well, gift carded.)  We were going to order Lego Star Wars and/or Trauma Center from Dell (since we still have money on the gift card) but they didn't have them.  Guess those will have to wait a bit.  I'm really excited for the Wii Fit though.  Yay for funky balance games!

#99 | Back to Top04-26-2008 05:51:43 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

mercurynin wrote:

Yesterday, I bought a pair of brown-and-gold slingback pumps to go with a dress I'm bringing with me to RoseCon.  The colors are an almost uncanny match.  Needless to say, I will be traveling via taxi while wearing said shoes, but I only plan to wear them to the formal dinner on Thursday.

cool Now I won't be the only one in the 'Taxis only due to pumps on Thursday night' crowd. cool

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#100 | Back to Top04-28-2008 08:58:03 PM

Baka Kakumei Reanna
Atlantean Singer
Website

Giovanna wrote:

mercurynin wrote:

cool Now I won't be the only one in the 'Taxis only due to pumps on Thursday night' crowd. cool

I wanna go. emot-gonk

Ahh, shopping. I've been grumbling over my latest online addition to my family of Pokemon dolls. The Leafeon doll I just got is much smaller than the description stated that it was, especially for its price and cost to ship. It's damn cute though.

Of course, since my fiance was here this past month, most of my nifty new things I've acquired have been through him, rather than me just shopping. Oh, and I'm broke.emot-frown

We see things not as they are, we see things as we are.

Board footer