This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top07-20-2008 09:13:28 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Re: [RP/OOC] IRGBalcony: Shinobi Dreams

*Bio terminated the training program early. The drones hovered down to the ground and rested there, inert. He was bleeding badly, periwinkle blue-white liquid flowing from his wounds. He needed medical attention, and soon, else he collapse and die.*

Good God in Heaven, that was too much power. What made the drones malfunction like that...?

*He could staunch the flow of blood from his body through telekinesis, but that was the limit of his power, for he had taken too many open wounds. Not even his cloak had been able to shield him from the worst of it. He sighed, invoked his telekinesis and, cleaning off the last of the blood, made his way back into the Commons. Bio stopped at the top of the stairs leading into the basement and called out...*

Chani! I lost too much blood in my practice...I don't know how high the drones were set to...do we have any healing items around here?

*He waited for her response, collapsing to his knees. If they didn't have any healing items, he was screwed.*

Last edited by BioKraze (07-20-2008 09:44:35 PM)

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#27 | Back to Top07-20-2008 10:28:19 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

*Chani bounded out of her chair as soon as she heard Bio's words, the bells in her hair jingling madly and the book flying to land in a sad heap to the floor. Not one of the recently reset traps was set off as she made her way up the stairs to find Bio kneeling there at the top. She knelt there in front of him swiftly considering her options, then deciding one the fastest one. She didn't know how badly he was hurt, but it had to be pretty bad to get him to sound like that.*

I hope this works... I've never used this on someone like you. *Her voice was quiet as she began gathering in her power and focusing it on what she needed to do. The faintest hint of an orange-red glow skimmed her body and her pale grey eyes slowly darkened to black.* This works best... if I can actually touch you, Bio...

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m526/aines_pixels/mikageirgsig02-2012.png

#28 | Back to Top07-21-2008 10:17:19 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

*Bio took in a deep breath before speaking. When he spoke, his words were even weaker than last time.*

I need blood...I have some of mine in my room...but I can't get up...

*He focussed, and sank closer to the ground.*

I've used my...psionic ability to...make myself...weigh about five pounds...please...carry me to...my...room...

*Bio passed out entirely. As if summoned, a flash of light occurred and Cassandra is standing next to Bio. She took one look and sighed deeply.*

You've really done it this time, bwana. I'll tell them where your blood bank is. Let's get you upstairs before your brain shuts down...

Last edited by BioKraze (07-23-2008 06:52:08 PM)

Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#29 | Back to Top07-21-2008 10:29:33 AM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

*Chani didn't even blink as the AI showed up... it was something she'd gotten used to since he'd allied with them.* It's not like you're that heavy. *She muttered her words as she picked him up carefully, not wanting to make whatever injuries he had worse. She blinked once, her eyes still black, and started concentrating on healing his wounds and getting him to his room. The glow started even more faintly shimmering on him. The way his body was set up was different from anything else, but she could still tell the things that were wrong to how they should have been.*

*She didn't even realize she'd gotten to his room until she was standing in front of the door. Jerking her head at it, the bells in her hair jingling, her voice came out far more frustrated than it should have.* Lead the way.

#30 | Back to Top07-21-2008 10:35:42 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

*Cassandra looked at the open door and moved toward a small freezer tucked away in a corner of the room.*

This freezer holds vials of blood for him. He'll need six of the vials to recover his lost blood. It's as easy as injecting somebody with a vaccination. There's a syringe for every single vial in the freezer. So don't be afraid to poke him.

*She paused for a beat, then spoke again.*

Take his cloak off first and roll up his jumpsuit's sleeve. Try his right upper arm for the best results. I would do it myself, but as I'm not manifested on the Debonair, I'm intangible. Sorry about that.

Last edited by BioKraze (07-23-2008 06:52:48 PM)

#31 | Back to Top07-21-2008 11:04:01 AM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

Don't worry about it. I can handle a bit of blood. *There was a wry sort of joking tone to Chani's voice.* Good thing I'm not phobic about needles. *And it was also a good thing she could multitask as she could. She settled him onto the closest comfortable looking flat surface, pulling the cloak off him as she did so and setting it nearby. He looked a lot smaller without that thing, she mused as she went to go get the blood for him, and then immediately wondered if she'd be considered weird for thinking his blood was pretty. She shook her head a little, the bells making faint tinkling noises behind her, and tugged his suit into place so she could actually get to his skin. She gave him the vials of blood, then, since she was actually touching him now, threw the rest of the healing power she'd gathered into him to finish the job properly. She wobbled a bit, but kept steady on her feet, her eyes fading back to their normal grey, watching for him to wake up.*

#32 | Back to Top07-21-2008 11:41:36 AM

Triforce742
Pained Growlithe

*Now was his chance. He was actually concerned about Bio's injuries, but getting those bells was of the utmost importance at this time. He was always thinking that he needed to prove how good of a shinobi he was, and now was his chance. Slowly ever so quietly he snuck up behind Chani, as she started fixing up Bio.*   Haha, I'm going to do it, those bells are mine* He reached out one hand ever so gently and getting closer, his hand just inches away now, and his movement became even slower being sure not to ruffle her hair, and give himself away. All of a sudden SLAP* I'd been caught.

OWww, what was that for, and what gave me away? I was so sure I had it this time.

Last edited by Triforce742 (07-21-2008 12:04:57 PM)

"LAUGH WITH ME"
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk113/Triforce742/MGS4BeastLaughingOctopus-2.jpg

#33 | Back to Top07-21-2008 11:59:21 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

*Cassandra looked away from Chani, knowing that she would be able to save Bio, and glared daggers at Triffy. When she spoke, her voice was filled with acid.*

You jerk! What's the meaning of trying to interrupt your sensei while she's tending to a fellow warrior's wounds!? What happened to honor amongst thieves? You're lucky I can't solidify right now or I'd wring your neck!

*Bio heard this and rasped as loud as he could, coming to his senses...*

Cassandra! Stop harassing Triffy or I'll have you turned off for the week!

*He mercifully passed out again after chewing Cassandra out.*

Last edited by BioKraze (07-23-2008 06:54:04 PM)

#34 | Back to Top07-21-2008 11:59:41 AM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

*Chani kept a tight grip on Triffy's wrist and she looked at him with a vague bit of annoyance.* I am impressed by your dedication, but... the safety of your teammates should always be at the top of your mind. *She sighed a little and looked back to Bio.* As for what gave you away... I could feel your energy still. Close it off better next time.

#35 | Back to Top07-21-2008 01:56:42 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

*Bio came back to the world of the conscious once again, this time for keeps. He looked at Chani and looked down at his body. It was still an aching mass of laser burns and open sores, but that was easily fixed with some PSI usage. He didn't feel like using PSI in front of the others right now, though, so waited. He nodded weakly to Chani.*

Thank you, Chani. I really appreciate the help... Don't worry about my wounds, I can heal them with my own abilities. It's hard to get human healing powers to work on my body, but I can feel your own energy flowing through me. Again, my thanks...

*He laid back on his bed, clad in his skintight purple jumpsuit. He spoke again, this time to everyone in the room.*

Cassandra, go and watch over the Debonair again. Chani, Triffy, could I please ask you to depart for a time so I can get some rest and so I can work my power?

*Cassandra nodded and blinked out of sight. Bio closed his eyes and went into a trance.*

Last edited by BioKraze (07-23-2008 06:55:02 PM)

#36 | Back to Top07-21-2008 10:50:49 PM

Kaelyndra
Pained Growlithe

The sharp ring of the alarm clock was lost to the girl. It bounded about inside her ears, creating dreams of malicious fighters and unseen foes. "Back, back, you ringing animals!" she shouted to the dangers of her imagination. This went about for several minutes and perhaps into tens of these before she found her eyes snapped open.

"Oh  . . . " The sheets had been thrown to one side, a mess of what once could have been discerned as a bed. The said person groaned audibly and let her eyes wander to the location of a small ticking clock. It's hands were blurred and fuzzed in her vision, and she had to squint before the information crossed into her head. "SHIT!"

Tearing away what was left of her gnarled sleeping arrangement - luckily already dressed - she sat to exiting as quickly as possible. Sleeping in and not training not going to be looked on well by Master Chani. Not well at all. She didn't want to think how Triffy might scorn her as well. Being a low life sucked. Being a low life and acting like a low life sucked even more.

Slipping out into the halls, and wondering why no one had bothered to wake her, she set to seeing if anything was amiss or disturbed in the near vacinity of her living quarters. "Master Chani?" she asked the quiet halls and rooms, knowing she'd likely get snuck from behind from one or another of them. In the mean time, she pulled pins from her pockets and set to winding up her hair. One must look at least moderately presentable, after all.

Edited for failure to pay attention. Yay for me!

Last edited by Kaelyndra (07-21-2008 10:59:31 PM)

#37 | Back to Top07-21-2008 11:13:19 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

(Well, I think it's okay for Kaelyndra to post in a manner she feels comfortable with. We'll all just post using asterisks. I'm the only one who needs to italicise my asterisk content; the rest of you don't need to. All we need now is Prince and we're on our way! emot-dance )

#38 | Back to Top07-21-2008 11:20:33 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

((Yes, I moved Triffy with me. Why? It made sense. XP I wanna post like Kael...))

Sorry I couldn't do more to help. *Chani turned from the still-injured alien and left the room, nearly dragging Triffy with her by her hold on his wrist. She closed the door behind her and leaned against the wall, finally letting go of her apprentice and leaning against the wall to rub the bridge of her nose.*

Go after the bells right now and I'll be annoyed. *The bells had not made a sound since she had entered Bio's room, despite all that she had moved.* I think once he recovers, my apprentices need a lesson in teamwork. *The words were muttered barely audible under her breath.* Speaking of apprentices... *She turned and looked over at the pink-haired girl just emerged from her room.* Good to see you this morning, Kaelyndra.

#39 | Back to Top07-22-2008 03:19:55 AM

Triforce742
Pained Growlithe

Ow ow ow, can't you ease your grip just a tad? *He tried saying, but it was no use, she had no intent of listening, and I suppose this was the punishment for pulling such a bold stunt back there with her, and Bio, or maybe she was just in her own world. *

* The feeling in his wrist was finally starting to come back when Chani dragged him out of Bio's room.*LET GO OF MY ARM! * He said as she stood casually presses against the wall rubbing her nose. At this point it was driving him crazy, I mean Kaelyndra was watching the entire ordeal, and probably getting a smirk watching him helplessly fight against the bonds*  Hi Kael

Meooooow, TORA!, attack Chani. Meoow* She said looking confused, and then he tried his last resort.* Chani please let me go.

"LAUGH WITH ME"
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk113/Triforce742/MGS4BeastLaughingOctopus-2.jpg

#40 | Back to Top07-22-2008 08:56:48 AM

Prince_of_Stars
Someday Shiner
Website

*A dull roar of noise hits the young Prince's ears as he rolls over and attempts to fall asleep again. He closes his eyes, only to find himself staring at the wall of his room seconds later. He stretches on his mat, and twists almost completely, sitting up Indian style and cracking his knuckles. Nothing like waking up to the sound of Shinobi quarrels in the morning, thought Prince to himself. He got up and slipped on his t-shirt and sweats, walking down the hall in no particular hurry towards the commotion that brought him out of his sleep. He ran a hand through his hair, letting it fall neatly into place. He found a mildly annoyed Sensei holding onto a semi-upset Triffy. Kael looks just as baffled as Prince; it is apparent that she has also just awaken.*

"Hola, Sensei."

*Prince blinks, realizing he has just mixed two langauages.*

"Hi Force, Kael, Cassandra, Bio."

*He blinks again, noticing for the first time that Bio is out cold. Damn, I miss everything, thought Prince. He goes and gets a bowl of Frosted Flakes, and eats them quietly, watching the rest of the house break into Shinobi chaos.*

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/chani_sama/prince-sig.png

Sir Hellsing: Leader of the Feminine Failure Revolution
Faithfully failing at feminine tasks, gender roles, and the conventionality of femininity since 1990.

#41 | Back to Top07-22-2008 09:21:37 AM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

((...... guys, please pay attention to what is said. If you'll read my post, you'll see this line: She closed the door behind her and leaned against the wall, finally letting go of her apprentice... I'll work around it this time, but please, in the future, make sure to be more careful with the details.))

You just had to ask, Triffy. *Chani let go of him and wrapped her arm around her waist, still leaning heavily against the wall.*

*She chuckled a little at Prince's arrival, especially at the mixture of languages, and smiled faintly over at him.* Good morning, Prince.

*She sighed a bit and tugged at the bottom edge of her black corset, realizing that at this point, there was little point in changing out of her mission clothes. She'd just have to change back into them at the next point she trained them all, which would be soon. She pushed herself off the wall, a barely noticeable wobble in her legs as she followed Prince back down to the lower level, gesturing to the other two apprentices to follow her.* Let's leave Bio to his healing and his rest.

#42 | Back to Top07-22-2008 10:09:43 AM

Prince_of_Stars
Someday Shiner
Website

Sorry!

*Prince smiled graciously at his Sensei, a minor undertone of lust flashing in his eyes. He finds himself walking to the lower levels, followed by the Sensei and the other Shinobi apprenti, still happily munching on his Frosted Flakes. He snaps his fingers, little flames appearing and then disappearing from his fingertips, much in the way of a lighter. He gets to the last step and sits, putting on his socks and shoes. His clothes begin to meld and mesh together to reform as his mission attire. He smiles at Kael, who still seems a bit dazed.*

"Kael! Not still asleep are you?"

*He looks at Chani, the same undertone of emotion in his look.*

"I suppose we're going to train now, yes?"

Faithfully failing at feminine tasks, gender roles, and the conventionality of femininity since 1990.

#43 | Back to Top07-22-2008 11:11:05 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

*Safely alone in his room, Bio focussed his energies and tried PSI Lifeup Gamma. He really wasn't in a condition to be using his psionic powers, but he couldn't stand the sight of the open wounds and burn marks on him. A bright wash of yellow energy moved over him from head to toe, healing the wounds almost instantaneously. Satisfied, Bio breathed a sigh of relief. Idly he wondered whether he should train with the Shinobi or perhaps even train them in the use of PSI abilities. He supposed one of the two would happen, but he needed rest now. He closed his eyes and fell into a deep sleep...*

#44 | Back to Top07-22-2008 12:58:33 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

*Chani noticed the look in Prince's eyes as she walked past him to grab something out of the fridge. It was a look she was well used to getting from her male apprentices, especially when she was in her mission gear. It was part of why she chose this particular outfit as her training outfit. If she could get the men to keep their head on the assignment and not on her, then they would work far better in situations involving women.*

Don't tease Kaelyndra, Prince. You just woke up, too. *She shuffled around the fridge, looking for a particular blue bottle, and eventually found it at the very back in the bottom. She closed the fridge and leaned against the counter, looking over her apprentices as she drank the bitter concoction. It tasted horrible, but decidedly made her feel better. Trying to heal Bio not only hadn't worked well but had left her more drained than such an action would normally do.*

As for the training... Kaelyndra should find breakfast and you need to finish yours... and then we can pick up where Triffy and I left off. *She flicked her hair and made all the bells jingle noisily.* We're playing with bells today, boys and girls.

#45 | Back to Top07-22-2008 01:53:49 PM

Prince_of_Stars
Someday Shiner
Website

*He watched his Sensei walk away from him, and nearly melted on the inside. He would never be able to concentrate with Chani being as fine as she was. He would try though. He almost missed her comment on teasing Kael, he was staring so hard at his Sensei. His eyes started to change from green to a fire-tinted orange, and his face was starting to heat up.*

"Yes, but I am fully awake already Sempai."

*He watched her drain the blue bottle, a flash of heat blasting his body again. I have to focus, must focus... It wasn't working. He could only focus on his beautifully enticing Sempai. He looked at Kael, who seemed to be at a lost for breakfast.*

"Hey Kael, you want a Pop-Tart?"

*He heard the Sempai talk about their training, which was involving bells. Prince liked things like bells, and he immediately cooled down the heat of his body, changing his eyes to green again, and his body temperature to below the norm, and closing off his energy.*

"Bells eh? Let's get started!"

#46 | Back to Top07-22-2008 02:31:15 PM

Triforce742
Pained Growlithe

[Sorry about that Chani, I had read it three times, and somehow I just never caught that]

* Quietly watching everyone's conversation unfold, Triffy couldn't help, but notice the way Prince kept eyeing sensei.  This was Chani, his beloved sensei  and friend, and no one was going to take her away from him not even his fellow apprentices. For the most part he kept these thoughts to himself, because they would really just scare off everyone. The problem with this was that he would randomly explode at Prince for no apparent reason from time to time, and found working with him hard, though this was something he was trying to change, and he was going to prove it today, by helping him get those bells. Oh, and Kael too, he would work with her as well. This was becoming an all too common event for him, and by that he meant getting lost in his thoughts*

Sigh, I suppose it's time for us to get started again. Oh, and can we have training outside today, Chani? We never get to go out anymore. Prince, and Kaelyndra, I'm ready to begin the exercise when you are.

"LAUGH WITH ME"

#47 | Back to Top07-22-2008 03:29:11 PM

Kaelyndra
Pained Growlithe

"Morning," she responded with a slight wave of her arm as the other hand when to stifle the yawn that was building in her throat. She eyed Chani with wary eyes for a long while. It was not typical to see her looking so tired. Whatever had gone on before she'd woken must have been a trifle distasteful.

"Yeah, breakfast," she answered, unable to keep from giving her "sensei" that "what the hell have you been doing?" look. "Bells?" came the question when she finally caught on to what everyone was talking about. "Ugh." The prospect of bells was one that was unnerving. The more she worked with them, the louder they seemed to get and progress was not quickly coming on the wind. She supposed that was why they were practising with them, but being unable to slink about quietly was a hindrance on anything she might have thought to do. It was just another thing to add to the equation she was already so badly equipped to solve.

She grinned and turned towards the speaker as she caught Prince's question. "Yeah, I'm up for a pop tart." She quickly glanced away from him, noting that Triffy was looking towards Prince again. The two of them seemed to get along - well, let's just say there was no analogy for how badly they actually got along.

"Let me stuff this pastry-preserve that Prince offered me in my mouth, then I'm set to go!" she piped in response to Triffy, trying to ease what could be growing tension. Not that she didn't like tension, but it wasn't very conducive to proper training. Maybe they'd kill each other over dinner or something. That would be amusing.

#48 | Back to Top07-22-2008 09:43:29 PM

Prince_of_Stars
Someday Shiner
Website

*Prince noticed Force eyeing him heatedly. He smiled slyly at Force, knowing just how much Prince's watching of the Sensei upset him. He wasn't trying to piss Force off; Force was too cool of a guy to be doing that to. But the Sensei was gorgeous, and training wasn't easy when one was watching perfection. He would cool it today, show Force that he too could focus without watching Chani so much. He looked at Kael, who was at the time looking away from him. She knew just like everyone else that there was serious tension between Force and himself. She always seemed to find it amusing, but then again, it was Kael.*

"Yes, let's get to it then shall we?! And Kael, take it easy. You'd think you hadn't eaten in days."

*Prince looked Force's way, and then offered a truceful smile.*

"Outside, sounds good. Nice idea Force. Can we train outside pleeeeaase Chani?"

*He looked pleadingly at the Sensei, a charming smile curling his lips, and the fire-orange tint returning to his irises.*

#49 | Back to Top07-22-2008 11:12:10 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

*Chani caught Kaelyndra's look and smiled, juggling the blue bottle before putting it back in the fridge.* Talk to me later if you want to know what happened earlier, Kael. *She was often able to do things like that, like reading the unspoken questions of her apprentices and those she worked with. That keen sense of observation of hers was what gave her the ability to duplicate any ninja ability she saw, even if it was just once. It was also why she was a sensei at her age.*

*She sighed a little as she watched Prince and Triffy interact. It was also easy for her to see the tension between them, which was part of why she insisted on so many teamwork-building training exercises. There was always that team member you disliked, and you either got over it or got somebody killed because of it. One hand quietly stroked along her waist as she stared, deeply in thought, for a long moment.*

*She snapped herself out of her reverie and nodded at everyone.* We can train outside, yes. More space for what I have in mind. *She eyed her apprentices, then frowned a little.* Make sure you're all dressed in your mission gear, with weaponry if you wish. Meet me in the side garden in no more than 10 minutes. I need to go back to the basement to get my book.

*With that, she turned from them all and strode off towards the basement stairs, all the bells eerily silent in her hair.*

#50 | Back to Top07-22-2008 11:57:40 PM

Prince_of_Stars
Someday Shiner
Website

*Prince noticed the look in his Sensei's eyes. She worried about her boys, about their growing tension. He couldn't stand to see her so seemingly distraught. He was being unfair to the whole team, causing that much discord. He decided to leave his adoration for the night hours, when the others slept. He broke his longing gaze and walked toward Force, smiling genuinely.*

Force, don't worry amigo. You've got nothing to fear from me.

*Bounding up the stairs, Prince looks at his fellow apprenti.*

"Well you heard the Sensei; let's go guys! Last one's got dishes for a week!"

Board footer