You are not logged in.

Gougai! Gougai!

HOLY SHIT PEOPLE, IT'S NOT BAD ENOUGH WE'RE GETTING AN UTENA EXHIBITION RIGHT NOW

THEY. ARE. MAKING. A. NEW. MUSICAL. NEXT. YEAR. START LOSING YOUR SHIT RIGHT NOW

#101 | Back to Top04-10-2007 09:59:52 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
From: Estonia
Registered: 10-17-2006
Posts: 2510
Website

Re: Movies

I watched "Pan's Labyrinth". It was quite depressing, but I loved it nevertheless.


The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

Offline

 

#102 | Back to Top04-11-2007 03:03:24 PM

Personal_IceQueen
Covert Diarist
Registered: 11-27-2006
Posts: 822
Website

Re: Movies

Just saw Grindhouse, and I must say,  I adored it.
"Death proof" had to be my favorite, it had cars + zoe bell. :le sigh:


"Those shoes are mine betch."

Offline

 

#103 | Back to Top04-11-2007 03:06:48 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess
From: Tallahassee, Fl
Registered: 10-19-2006
Posts: 4632

Re: Movies

how bad is it, gorewise? I really want to see it etc-love Rodriguez and a little bit of etc-love to Tarantino, but I'm suuuuuper squeamish. emot-frown

And I heard it was gory. emot-gonk


The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

Offline

 

#104 | Back to Top04-11-2007 03:14:28 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
From: North Carolina
Registered: 11-17-2006
Posts: 5086
Website

Re: Movies

morosemocha wrote:

how bad is it, gorewise? I really want to see it etc-love Rodriguez and a little bit of etc-love to Tarantino, but I'm suuuuuper squeamish. emot-frown

And I heard it was gory. emot-gonk

Well, it is Tarantino, there is no escaping gore. I'm really excited to see it.


ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

Offline

 

#105 | Back to Top04-11-2007 03:19:54 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess
From: Tallahassee, Fl
Registered: 10-19-2006
Posts: 4632

Re: Movies

dollface wrote:

Well, it is Tarantino, there is no escaping gore.

I know. emot-frown I love his stories, and he seems pretty neat in interviews, but...haven't really watched the movies. emot-frown


The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

Offline

 

#106 | Back to Top04-12-2007 01:48:39 AM

Trench Kamen
Eternal Eschatologist
From: Los Angeles, CA
Registered: 12-08-2006
Posts: 903
Website

Re: Movies

AQUA TEEN HUNGER FORCE COLON MOVIE FILM FOR THEATERS

FRIDAY

OMFG

emot-danceemot-danceemot-danceemot-danceemot-danceemot-danceemot-dance

Offline

 

#107 | Back to Top04-16-2007 08:53:51 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
From: Estonia
Registered: 10-17-2006
Posts: 2510
Website

Re: Movies

Today we watched "Singing revolution" at school. It's a documentarty about how our country gained its independence through...singing. Estonian people have been around for about few thousand years, the Republic of Estonia was first formed in 1918 and we have had only about 40 years of independece. To think that the last soviet tanks left our territory 13 years ago makes me wonder... Things like human rights or freedom are something that most people take for granted, but about 50 years ago, such things did not exist here.
Well anyway, if you're interested in history then you should definitely see that movie. Or you Utena fans would like it just because it shows how an entire nation revolutionized themselves in a stylish non-violent way. cool


The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

Offline

 

#108 | Back to Top04-16-2007 11:26:47 AM

Personal_IceQueen
Covert Diarist
Registered: 11-27-2006
Posts: 822
Website

Re: Movies

morosemocha wrote:

how bad is it, gorewise? I really want to see it etc-love Rodriguez and a little bit of etc-love to Tarantino, but I'm suuuuuper squeamish. emot-frown

And I heard it was gory. emot-gonk

It is gory, but if you've watched Hostel and the Saw movies, it's really nothing you'll be too squeamish about. "Planet Terror" is unparalleled with it's gore & violence, and "Death Proof" is a slow-build up to pretty disturbing scenes. But If you're interested in seeing it, I say go see it!


"Those shoes are mine betch."

Offline

 

#109 | Back to Top04-16-2007 12:38:24 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
From: North Carolina
Registered: 11-17-2006
Posts: 5086
Website

Re: Movies

Disturbia was pretty good. It wasn't really horror...I don't know. It was creepy, it was scary. But it wasn't what I would call a horror movie.


ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

Offline

 

#110 | Back to Top04-16-2007 01:33:06 PM

Lightice
Azure Paleontologist
From: Finland
Registered: 10-21-2006
Posts: 1255

Re: Movies

Maarika wrote:

Today we watched "Singing revolution" at school. It's a documentarty about how our country gained its independence through...singing. Estonian people have been around for about few thousand years, the Republic of Estonia was first formed in 1918 and we have had only about 40 years of independece. To think that the last soviet tanks left our territory 13 years ago makes me wonder... Things like human rights or freedom are something that most people take for granted, but about 50 years ago, such things did not exist here.

I hear there's a big diplomatical rucus in there because Tallinn wants to remove some statue of a Soviet soldier from its streets and Russia says it'll mean 'cooling of relationships', or something. Bizzare, if you ask me; Russia hasn't been Soviet for 16 years and they still think countries they took over should keep their monuments...


Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

Offline

 

#111 | Back to Top04-16-2007 04:38:39 PM

Personal_IceQueen
Covert Diarist
Registered: 11-27-2006
Posts: 822
Website

Re: Movies

dollface wrote:

Disturbia was pretty good. It wasn't really horror...I don't know. It was creepy, it was scary. But it wasn't what I would call a horror movie.

I heard it was like a Rear Window with cell phones?? My next movie will be Vacancy, I even called the number.


"Those shoes are mine betch."

Offline

 

#112 | Back to Top04-16-2007 06:26:59 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
From: North Carolina
Registered: 11-17-2006
Posts: 5086
Website

Re: Movies

It really was. There were some subtle plot differences, but the concept of looking out the window and witnessing you shouldn't was a little more nostalgic than it should be.


ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

Offline

 

#113 | Back to Top04-16-2007 11:08:29 PM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
From: Estonia
Registered: 10-17-2006
Posts: 2510
Website

Re: Movies

Lightice wrote:

Maarika wrote:

Today we watched "Singing revolution" at school. It's a documentarty about how our country gained its independence through...singing. Estonian people have been around for about few thousand years, the Republic of Estonia was first formed in 1918 and we have had only about 40 years of independece. To think that the last soviet tanks left our territory 13 years ago makes me wonder... Things like human rights or freedom are something that most people take for granted, but about 50 years ago, such things did not exist here.

I hear there's a big diplomatical rucus in there because Tallinn wants to remove some statue of a Soviet soldier from its streets and Russia says it'll mean 'cooling of relationships', or something. Bizzare, if you ask me; Russia hasn't been Soviet for 16 years and they still think countries they took over should keep their monuments...

Ah yes, the wonders of mass media. We certainly do have an old Soviet statue there. But the media has been making such a big deal out of it, and not just the local media but in Russia too. Geez, it's just a statue... I heard they made a big scandal out of it before the last elections so that certain parties could get more votes. In truth, there really isn't much behind all this but media shows a whole different picture. It's quite embarassing that something like this gets world-wide attention. :/ Well, but we live in a world where money and power is a lot of people's main goal in life.


The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

Offline

 

#114 | Back to Top04-17-2007 02:22:32 PM

Personal_IceQueen
Covert Diarist
Registered: 11-27-2006
Posts: 822
Website

Re: Movies

dollface wrote:

It really was. There were some subtle plot differences, but the concept of looking out the window and witnessing you shouldn't was a little more nostalgic than it should be.

I was really stoked to go see it, but I think I'm going to make it a double feature and see Hot Fuzz and Vacancy together.


"Those shoes are mine betch."

Offline

 

#115 | Back to Top04-18-2007 12:17:16 AM

Emiemipoemi
Troublesome Insect
Registered: 12-10-2006
Posts: 649

Re: Movies

morosemocha wrote:

You know, I'm kinda of excited about Sweeny Todd, but I just found out Sascha Baron Cohen is in it. emot-gonk

Alan Rickman is, too, which as Epi put it ..."pantalones crema"

I still can't decide how I feel about this. I swear if they fuck it up I will destroy something beautiful. Like Spain.

Offline

 

#116 | Back to Top04-22-2007 03:08:20 AM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
From: United States
Registered: 11-16-2006
Posts: 1269
Website

Re: Movies

Epi_lepsia wrote:

I want to add "Little Miss Sunshine" to le list D:

YES!!! I just watched this film, late in coming, I know, I know. But I'm going to rate it as having one of the Best Endings Ever!!! I was totally blown away, which rarely happens in movies anymore. Just...WOW! I might even add this to like my top 5 favorite movies of all time. If anyone hasn't seen it yet, go, go, go... I nearly cried when the little one comforts her angry brother, and that DANCE! Ahahaha! I haven't laughed so hard in ages! The perfect blend of dark comedy & drama! Love it! etc-love etc-love etc-love


Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

Offline

 

#117 | Back to Top04-22-2007 03:22:26 AM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess
From: Tallahassee, Fl
Registered: 10-19-2006
Posts: 4632

Re: Movies

When I took creative writing we focused on screenplays a lot. One of the one we did was a Cuban independent called Az˙car amarga. It's one of the most passionate, torturous movies I think I've ever seen. Every scene in that movie makes me want to cry, it's framed and shot so beautifully, not to mention that the dialogue is brilliant, and the stories of the main characters is just heart ripping. It's a tragedy, almost Shakespearean. It's a little explicit at times, but I really doubt that this board is going to mind.

So go rent it! Or something. emot-keke


The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

Offline

 

#118 | Back to Top04-23-2007 01:19:56 PM

Personal_IceQueen
Covert Diarist
Registered: 11-27-2006
Posts: 822
Website

Re: Movies

Just saw "Hot Fuzz" hell motherfucking yeah, Simon Pegg!!


"Those shoes are mine betch."

Offline

 

#119 | Back to Top04-23-2007 02:37:31 PM

mercurynin
Flourishing Verderer
From: Honolulu, HI
Registered: 10-21-2006
Posts: 638

Re: Movies

dollface wrote:

Disturbia was pretty good. It wasn't really horror...I don't know. It was creepy, it was scary. But it wasn't what I would call a horror movie.

You need to rock it old-school and see Rear Window, the Hitchcock film on which this was based.  I'm firmly in the "originals better than remakes" camp, when it comes to both movies and music.

EDIT:  Um, yeah.  What Personal_IceQueen said.  Sorta.

Last edited by mercurynin (04-23-2007 02:39:12 PM)


You know our hearts beat time out very slowly.  You know our hearts beat time -- they are waiting for something that'll never arrive.

Offline

 

#120 | Back to Top04-23-2007 03:21:30 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
From: North Carolina
Registered: 11-17-2006
Posts: 5086
Website

Re: Movies

I have seen Rear Window emot-biggrin That's why I said Disturbia was nostalgic in a way it shouldn't be.

I second Frosty and Epi, I love Little Miss Sunshine. So much, in fact, that I went out and bought it.

Last edited by dollface (10-30-2008 02:11:34 PM)


ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

Offline

 

#121 | Back to Top04-23-2007 03:24:33 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
From: Connecticut, USA
Registered: 10-16-2006
Posts: 2168
Website

Re: Movies

Frosty wrote:

Epi_lepsia wrote:

I want to add "Little Miss Sunshine" to le list D:

YES!!! I just watched this film, late in coming, I know, I know. But I'm going to rate it as having one of the Best Endings Ever!!! I was totally blown away, which rarely happens in movies anymore. Just...WOW! I might even add this to like my top 5 favorite movies of all time. If anyone hasn't seen it yet, go, go, go... I nearly cried when the little one comforts her angry brother, and that DANCE! Ahahaha! I haven't laughed so hard in ages! The perfect blend of dark comedy & drama! Love it! etc-love etc-love etc-love

Just watched this for the first time myself yesterday (after nabbing it for $10 at Target a couple weeks ago emot-dance ) and I have to agree... this is a great movie!  I give it poptartpoptartpoptartpoptartpoptart


http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

Offline

 

#122 | Back to Top04-23-2007 10:01:11 PM

Drukqs
Ballgoer
From: Oakland, CA
Registered: 02-19-2007
Posts: 150
Website

Re: Movies

Just saw Hot Fuzz last night.

Simon Pegg!! etc-loveetc-lovepoptartpoptartpoptart


You can go to LJ, or tastysouls.deviantart.com

Offline

 

#123 | Back to Top04-23-2007 10:04:42 PM

Emiemipoemi
Troublesome Insect
Registered: 12-10-2006
Posts: 649

Re: Movies

OMG I just saw Dogville a couple days ago. Fucking brilliant! emot-aaa

Offline

 

#124 | Back to Top04-24-2007 09:30:35 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
From: Los Angeles
Registered: 04-24-2007
Posts: 5971
Website

Re: Movies

Is it bad that I'm only reading the tail end of these thread before posting?  I feel somewhat importunate, but I'm sure I'll get over it.  Must remember to subscribe to all of these threads...  Anyway here's my list:

Magnolia -most humane movie I've ever seen.  Seriously, even Tom Cruise portrayed genuine, believable emotional content here.
Fight Club -I know it's been mentioned, but still...
Schizopolis -defies description.  Check it out however you can if you like strange and experimental stuff.
Cold Comfort Farm -laughed my own ass clean off.
Nadja -most creative use of a Fisher Price camera.  Very different take on the Dracula story.
The Big Lebowski -sometimes, there's a man.
Fear and Loathing in Los Vegas -never done drugs, but now I know what it's like.
God of Cookery -no comment
Life of Brian -don't forget to check out the deleted scenes, they're the best DVD bonus feature ever!
Utena -duh, has anyone mentioned this one yet?
Pan's Labyrinth -again, I know this one's been mentioned before, but this is the best movie I saw in a theater since...
Good Night and Good Luck -why do we never learn?

hundreds more, maybe I'll post again later.


"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

Offline

 

#125 | Back to Top04-25-2007 02:32:42 PM

Personal_IceQueen
Covert Diarist
Registered: 11-27-2006
Posts: 822
Website

Re: Movies

Drukqs wrote:

Just saw Hot Fuzz last night.

Simon Pegg!! etc-loveetc-lovepoptartpoptartpoptart

:high five:


"Those shoes are mine betch."

Offline

 

Board footer

Powered by PunBB 1.2.23
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB
Forum styled and maintained by Giovanna and Yasha
Return to Empty Movement