You are not logged in.

Gougai! Gougai!

MERCH SALE!! Starting on the 12th, we will be selling some exclusive merch from Movic and the Utena Exhibition in Japan!Check out the details here! (Dem teacups, guys... dem cameos...)

#1 | Back to Top12-13-2017 09:01:16 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Tomoko Kawakami Tribute Video

Hey guys! This is just a short, sweet little video they added to the end of the Utena Blurays, which were released after her death in 2011. As far as I know, she's the only person from the main cast that has died, and she died incredibly young, at 41. It's just pictures with bits of her as Utena talking, but it's still a sweet sentiment. I think it's elsewhere also, but I don't care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA7C42qjI30

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#2 | Back to Top12-14-2017 06:03:10 AM

Seen
Mikage Mistruster

Re: Tomoko Kawakami Tribute Video

Oh! If I remember right, this is her original audition for Utena. Ikuhara wasn't present for them, so the auditions were recorded.

I can't believe it's already been six and a half years since she passed. Does anyone know what it says near the end? It looks like a message from Ikuhara regarding her.

#3 | Back to Top12-14-2017 11:26:24 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Wow that makes a lot of sense, actually, that it would be her audition.

But I don't know what the text says sorry emot-frown

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#4 | Back to Top12-16-2017 07:41:55 PM

Dallbun
Tour Guide to Crawling Chaos

Seen wrote:

I can't believe it's already been six and a half years since she passed. Does anyone know what it says near the end? It looks like a message from Ikuhara regarding her.

This is indeed her audition. The message is along the lines of:

"Tomoko Kawakami is more Revolutionary Girl Utena than anyone. She' s still shining." -Kunihiko Ikuhara.

#5 | Back to Top12-17-2017 02:51:29 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

That figures. Apparently the pics are from when she re-recorded lines for the remaster though and it's always driven me bonkers thar I don't know which ones they are.

Someone on YouTube posted a translation of the dialogue so there's now more details and a subtitle track. Yay!

#6 | Back to Top12-19-2017 04:11:08 PM

anthy_himemiya
Miki Molester

So sweet, I really enjoyed this! I loved Tomoko Kawakami's Utena, to me, Tomoko Kawakami WAS Utena. So sad that she passed at an early age. emot-frown

Last edited by anthy_himemiya (12-19-2017 04:11:30 PM)

Board footer