You are not logged in.

Gougai! Gougai!

Hey I know you have opinions, put them in here! Translation suggestions for episodes 25-39, thanks all for your help!

ALSO!!! After the Revolution is now translated, scanlated, and ready for consumption! Thanks to everyone that's helped out! Ayu, you're awesome. Download here!

#601 | Back to Top07-05-2017 09:14:50 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Forum
Website

Re: Fans of Le Television

I think over the top probably works better for television, since it's pushing a very unrealistic premise. The book kind of feels like you're supposed to already be familiar with Gaiman's all gods exist universe, and takes that knowledge for granted.

But you have it just right...it does feel like they're overselling it. Not enough to turn me off, though, and Gillian Anderson is god damn rocking every scene she's in. etc-jurishlick

As for Hannibal, haha yeah. That...doesn't really improve? I will give that the show is willing to torture its Gary Stu, which is nice. And as it goes on, characters are given other things to do aside from moon over Will. It helps that Abigail stops being the center of their universe, too. Season 2 is definitely the best one. Season 3 starts out absolutely amazing but they found out halfway through that the show was getting canceled and it shows. (Same as Penny Dreadful's last season booo) I absolutely love that the show is ambiguous about very little, but what it does kind of not say is usually outrageous. THE BEER HAS PEOPLE IN IT, ALANNA!!!

PS. The Hannibal cookbook is quite excellent and highly recommended.

Also, do thou wear thine suits and cuffs, be thee male or no, for such attire doth please my girl parts. - Gios 3:15
Chiefest of Calamities

#602 | Back to Top07-08-2017 01:35:44 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Forum
Website

How to watch Planet Earth II:

Wait until just before your period when you're all overemotional.

Choke up at every cat your see and sob uncontrollably whenever there's baby animals and/or life and death hunt sequences.

Also, do thou wear thine suits and cuffs, be thee male or no, for such attire doth please my girl parts. - Gios 3:15
Chiefest of Calamities

#603 | Back to Top07-12-2017 05:07:09 AM

itavin
Ballgoer

I watched just add magic, and I am shocked by how good this was. Truly underrated. For a show with the concept of 3 best gal pals finding a magical cook book at one of there grandma's attic, they have pretty good worldbuilding and mystery. It is a combination of magical girl (more specifically magical witch) shows and gravity falls. If you like these stuff you will love this.

Also watched the first episode of the handmaidens tale, anyone know if its any good afterwards? It is very interesting but seems kind of depressing.

If you ever feel like wanting to ruin your life... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_(mind_game)

#604 | Back to Top07-12-2017 03:15:31 PM

Yams
Eternal Eschatologist

itavin wrote:

Also watched the first episode of the handmaidens tale, anyone know if its any good afterwards? It is very interesting but seems kind of depressing.

Isn't that a movie?
Anyway, if it's the movie it has a [happy ending, watch it. school-eng101]

Giovanna wrote:

As for Hannibal, haha yeah. That...doesn't really improve? I will give that the show is willing to torture its Gary Stu, which is nice. And as it goes on, characters are given other things to do aside from moon over Will. It helps that Abigail stops being the center of their universe, too. Season 2 is definitely the best one. Season 3 starts out absolutely amazing but they found out halfway through that the show was getting canceled and it shows. (Same as Penny Dreadful's last season booo) I absolutely love that the show is ambiguous about very little, but what it does kind of not say is usually outrageous. THE BEER HAS PEOPLE IN IT, ALANNA!!!

If you don't pay attention, a lot will go over your head, that's for sure.

I love the filming, it's all

PERSON: HEY WILL DO U THINK ANYONE CLOSE TO YOU IS EVIL

CAMERA: ZOOMS IN ON HANNIBAL BUTCHERING PEOPLE PARTS

WILL: CAN'T SAY AS THAT I KNOW ANYONE LIKE THAT

Last edited by Yams (07-12-2017 03:18:44 PM)

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#605 | Back to Top07-12-2017 03:30:09 PM

itavin
Ballgoer

Yams wrote:

itavin wrote:

Isn't that a movie?
Anyway, if it's the movie it has a [happy ending, watch it. school-eng101]

Nope. Definitely a TV show. Look here for more details http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5834204/ But dont worry, I know the handmaiden movie has a [Happy ending cool] even tho I only heard of it and never watched it.

If you ever feel like wanting to ruin your life... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_(mind_game)

Board footer