You are not logged in.

Gougai! Gougai!

Anime News Network asked Gio & Yasha to write an article about Utena, Empty Movement, and they totally called us superfans, omg. Think of it as a belated Valentine's to Utena, its fandom, and the excellent friendships we've made along the way. 20 Years of Utena Fandom with the Ultimate Superfans!!!

#2226 | Back to Top03-10-2017 10:13:27 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Re: [Welcome] Introduce yourself here!!

The_White_Horse wrote:

Hi guys, checking back in after.... I think forever. How's everything going? Any good discussions happening? Essays? Games?

...how long have I had a title, you guys?  I don't remember it, but it gives me a happy glow etc-love

It's not quite a title, we just reworked the postcount titles, so you'll see different titles as you continue to post. We thought it was more interesting. Sorry to mislead you.

But glad to have you back!etc-love  There's some good analysis going on in the threads pesimistamente posted-- highly recommend to check those out!

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Smaugvoice: MY POSTS     ARE WARSHIPS

Internet Atrocity Tourist

#2227 | Back to Top03-10-2017 06:14:49 PM

MithrandirOlorin
New Student

Hello, I'm Mithrandir.  And Utena is definitely among my favorite Anime.

#2228 | Back to Top03-10-2017 06:31:39 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Hi, there! Glad to have you with us emot-keke

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Smaugvoice: MY POSTS     ARE WARSHIPS

Internet Atrocity Tourist

#2229 | Back to Top03-11-2017 03:04:02 AM

Wolfgang
New Student

Oux, sorry for no introduce myself until now.

Hi! My name is Laia, Wolfgang it's a nickname, ofc. I'm 22 years old, I'm from Barcelona, Spain; and currently I'm studying Philosophy at the University, I will graduate this year if everything goes well!
I saw Utena for first time when I'm 8 years old more or less, and that was love at first sight; in recent years I've been rewatching the anime for philosophical and psychological interpretations after discovering Herman Hesse. I'm glad to be here emot-smile

#2230 | Back to Top03-11-2017 03:14:10 AM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

We're glad to have you (and all our new blood)! Hopefully some of the critical threads give you lots to chew on and to post about.

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

#2231 | Back to Top03-20-2017 07:46:16 AM

vandownbyriver
New Student

Hi!  My name's Logan, and I think this is the first forum I've ever made an account for, so I'm pretty excited.  Glad to see this site is still running after all these years.

I think I first watched Utena because I saw that Steven Universe had referenced it multiple times, and then saw that it's very well regarded.  It's now in my top 5 all-time favorite anime for sure, but I don't know anyone else who's seen it, which is a tough position for a fan to be in.  I'm currently rewatching it with my fiancĂ©e, who's only seen a couple episodes from when I was watching it the first time.

Anyway, I'm excited to be among other fans, and look forward to reading some of the other threads here.  I'll upload an avatar and do more when I get home from work.  HYPE

#2232 | Back to Top03-20-2017 12:59:59 PM

itavin
Rose Bride

vandownbyriver wrote:

I don't know anyone else who's seen it, which is a tough position for a fan to be in.

Been there bro emot-frown but thats why were here, arent we emot-wink

Also, Welcome to the forum emot-keke

If you ever feel like wanting to ruin your life...  Chu...(mind_game)

#2233 | Back to Top03-23-2017 10:08:45 AM

LadyButterflyNebula
Mikage Mistruster
Website

Sup everybody!  I'm LadyButterflyNebula.  I'm a long (long) time fan of SKU and recently have been doing research on SKU's impact on entertainment for Grad school.  I'm here to check out your resources and theorize with folks (should I be so lucky).  Thanks for keeping this place going and I'm happy to be among folks who love SKU as deeply as I do.

Usubeni midarete manatsu no yo no yume yume
Tobitatsu kagerou koi kogarerou
Anata wo omoeba yume ni yume ni yume miru
Afureru yorokobi towa ni towa ni

#2234 | Back to Top03-26-2017 07:21:54 PM

pagetheplush
Miki Molester
Website

Hey guys! I'm sorry for disappearing so often, I feel like I'm never on here anymore. emot-frown Hopefully that will change soon since I'm not quite as busy as I have been for the past few months, though I'm still pretty busy. Most of my time was consumed working on getting into a good college (which was a success emot-dance ) Even if I have some long inactive periods, I don't plan to leave any time soon; I still have much I need to contribute. I missed this place a bunch, and I'm glad to be back. Also, welcome to anyone who's recently joined!

🌹Let's become like rose petals, blowing free!🌹

#2235 | Back to Top03-30-2017 08:40:03 PM

xXSlick_JimmyXx
New Student

Hey everyone!  I finished the Utena anime for the first time about a week ago, and I found this site while searching for english translations of the Saturn game.  It's been a while since I've used this kind of website, so it is a little nostalgiac for me.  I hope to get along with all of you! emot-keke

#2236 | Back to Top04-02-2017 10:59:01 PM

MysteryCorgi
New Student
Website

Hey all. I'm Morgana, or Mystery Corgi. I make visual novels and I like anime.

I finally watched and finished Utena the series and movie and I'm totally in love! There's so much to analyze. +_+

I'm also a big fan of .hack//SIGN and Kill la Kill which I feel are in the same vein of thought provoking love-it-or-hate-it anime.

Also being on a forum like this is very nostalgic, I must say!

#2237 | Back to Top04-04-2017 08:41:55 PM

avantbutch
New Student

Greetings, you can call me Avant. Utena was a formative part of my adolescence, and I've enjoyed seeing my interpretation change as I age. I'm the type who likes to obsessively analyze & pick at the narrative structure of the media that catches my interest. Naturally, Utena has given me plenty of material to work with. I'm here to interact & theorize with other fans to pass the time while I study for my GED. I haven't been on a forum in half a dozen years, so I'm looking forward to this experience.

#2238 | Back to Top04-05-2017 11:11:25 AM

zeedikay
Sunlit Gardener (Prelude)

avantbutch wrote:

Greetings, you can call me Avant. Utena was a formative part of my adolescence, and I've enjoyed seeing my interpretation change as I age. I'm the type who likes to obsessively analyze & pick at the narrative structure of the media that catches my interest. Naturally, Utena has given me plenty of material to work with. I'm here to interact & theorize with other fans to pass the time while I study for my GED. I haven't been on a forum in half a dozen years, so I'm looking forward to this experience.

Welcome to the forum! And I like your avatar!

#2239 | Back to Top05-09-2017 08:04:13 AM

farewell_party
New Student

Hi! I'm Kate. I watched Utena a couple of months before Penguindrum aired, and that year of my life totally belonged to Ikuhara. Utena is still the biggest inspiration of my life. I also like psychology, reading and twisted/emotional movies emot-keke

#2240 | Back to Top05-22-2017 06:56:30 AM

OhtoriArt
New Student
Website

Hi there, I'm OhtoriArt, an Utena fan (really!) and cosplayer. Discovered it only one year ago, but got hooked in an instant. It's my fave and changed my life in many aspects. My fave chara is Utena for sure. Nice to be here!

Last edited by OhtoriArt (05-22-2017 09:39:53 AM)

Board footer