You are not logged in.

Gougai! Gougai!

HOLY SHIT PEOPLE, IT'S NOT BAD ENOUGH WE'RE GETTING AN UTENA EXHIBITION RIGHT NOW

THEY. ARE. MAKING. A. NEW. MUSICAL. NEXT. YEAR. START LOSING YOUR SHIT RIGHT NOW

#26 | Back to Top04-29-2015 11:42:22 AM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist
From: Portugal
Registered: 09-10-2007
Posts: 741

Re: Anime/manga recommendation

HonorableShadow wrote:

Free! is so much on the gay side than it becomes difficult to stick to one pairing as everyone has degrees of borderline romantic feelings for everyone else. It makes for a multiplicity of pairings. And the additional material only makes everything even gayer, the drama CDs have to be listened to be believed and some of the character songs are essentially love songs. I am not even kidding, Ai's is about Rin and is called 'He's so Perfect'. Yes. emot-dance

The side material is amazing. Rin's speech about "my shining" that he wrote when he was a kid is something I still wish had made it into the anime at some point. etc-love I also loved the crab battle drama CD track, did you hear that one? emot-rofl  Right now I'm waiting for the Haru and Rin mook (magazine/book), it's coming out on July I think. It made my year when they announced it at the live event last month!

I'm downloading that drama CD right now. emot-dance The one I listened to had Rin staying over at Haru's place and looking for porno magazines only to find a magazine about waterfalls. Haru's love for water is canon after all. It gets really cute and one can't help wondering just what happened afterwards.

I got the official fan book but have yet to really dig into it. Just leafed through the glossy pages and enjoyed the pretty artwork but it comes packed with interviews and cool character info.
And today I received the light novels, I want to read them before the movie is released.

I also really like Yowapeda and yes, it has loads of homoerotic vibes. On that subject, Haikyuu is another example of a sports anime that gets extremely gay. As does Kuroko...actually, I see a pattern here.

Offline

 

#27 | Back to Top04-29-2015 12:56:12 PM

Yams
Nest Boxer
From: Crystal Millenium
Registered: 02-13-2007
Posts: 963

Re: Anime/manga recommendation

We can conclude that sports anime = gay


http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

Offline

 

#28 | Back to Top04-29-2015 02:13:36 PM

purplepolecat
Atlantean Singer
From: Vancouver, B.C.
Registered: 03-26-2007
Posts: 570

Re: Anime/manga recommendation

Big Windup is another one, although the subtext is very subtle. It's slightly amusing because it focuses on the relationship between the pitcher and the catcher, and the pitcher is definitely the uke in this case. Good anime though, I don't care about baseball but I found it riveting.


We're here, we're queer, we don't want any more bears!
Honorary Hat Mafia Member
Now Playing: Bear Supply - "I Maul Out Of Love"

Offline

 

#29 | Back to Top04-29-2015 02:24:00 PM

Yams
Nest Boxer
From: Crystal Millenium
Registered: 02-13-2007
Posts: 963

Re: Anime/manga recommendation

I don't normally watch sports or competition anime but I judge them by one thing: if I'm sitting on the edge of my chair biting my nails like crazy over some lame sport that bores me to tears in real life, then it's a good one. I'll admit I watched it when I was rather young, but I always enjoyed Yu-Gi-Oh simply because they managed to make a card game so full of tension and excitement. XD I even till now remember some of the really good matches.

Speaking of which, Yu-Gi-Oh has all sorts of gay.

Having finished Tiger x Bunny I highly recommend it. I'd been avoiding it because everyone always says it's just a fun, silly superhero anime but in fact it's also a really good relationship drama and they purposely leave it open to interpretation whether Kotetsu and Barnaby are 'that' kind of partners or not.


http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

Offline

 

#30 | Back to Top04-29-2015 03:27:36 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist
From: Portugal
Registered: 09-10-2007
Posts: 741

Re: Anime/manga recommendation

YamPuff wrote:

I don't normally watch sports or competition anime but I judge them by one thing: if I'm sitting on the edge of my chair biting my nails like crazy over some lame sport that bores me to tears in real life, then it's a good one. I'll admit I watched it when I was rather young, but I always enjoyed Yu-Gi-Oh simply because they managed to make a card game so full of tension and excitement. XD I even till now remember some of the really good matches.

I dislike sports but I really enjoy sports anime. So much so that I managed to find Inazuma Eleven to be a world of fun even though soccer is about as boring as it gets. Then again, IE turns soccer into magic, literally, so it is not the best example. But it's full of BL undertones, too.

And speaking of Tiger x Bunny, how about Samurai Flamenco? It becomes more and more ridiculous as the story progresses but at one point we have the eponymous male lead completely naked telling his best pal that he'll be his bride. Yeah. It makes some sense in context but it was still overwhelmingly gay.

Abou t Big Windup, the mangaka has done BL before. And I'm not too sure about how subtle it is...I mean, two boys in a toilet stall, holding hands while one of them cries his eyes out...this without getting into the whole uke thing that makes me wonder if that was one of the reasons why the mangaka chose baseball in the first place.

Owari no Seraph is relevant to this thread:

Offline

 

#31 | Back to Top04-30-2015 01:34:21 AM

HonorableShadow
Cow Bellhop
From: Ohio
Registered: 11-03-2006
Posts: 471
Website

Re: Anime/manga recommendation

Nocturnalux wrote:

HonorableShadow wrote:

Free! is so much on the gay side than it becomes difficult to stick to one pairing as everyone has degrees of borderline romantic feelings for everyone else. It makes for a multiplicity of pairings. And the additional material only makes everything even gayer, the drama CDs have to be listened to be believed and some of the character songs are essentially love songs. I am not even kidding, Ai's is about Rin and is called 'He's so Perfect'. Yes. emot-dance

The side material is amazing. Rin's speech about "my shining" that he wrote when he was a kid is something I still wish had made it into the anime at some point. etc-love I also loved the crab battle drama CD track, did you hear that one? emot-rofl  Right now I'm waiting for the Haru and Rin mook (magazine/book), it's coming out on July I think. It made my year when they announced it at the live event last month!

I'm downloading that drama CD right now. emot-dance The one I listened to had Rin staying over at Haru's place and looking for porno magazines only to find a magazine about waterfalls. Haru's love for water is canon after all. It gets really cute and one can't help wondering just what happened afterwards. .

Yeah that's the one I was talking about. etc-love Haha I loved the part with the "porn" magazine. ("Why is your hand underneath my bed?" "Uh, I'm helping you look for your underwear?" Real smooth Rin.)

Right now I'm watching Hunter x Hunter and loving it a lot. Normally I hate action shounen anime, but the MCs Gon and Killua are so adorable that I can't get enough of it! Their friendship is really refreshing (well, so far anyway, I'm only up to episode 100) and something I don't think you see too often in this type of anime. They just love being with each other so much and it's touching. Plus I really think Killua has a giant crush on Gon, it's pretty obvious. That being said it's still an action shounen along the lines of DBZ or Yu Yu Hakusho so if you're really against fights in almost every episode and powering up in almost every arc, then you might not enjoy it.


Rose tint my world...
Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.

Offline

 

#32 | Back to Top04-30-2015 11:27:27 AM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist
From: Portugal
Registered: 09-10-2007
Posts: 741

Re: Anime/manga recommendation

And it makes you wonder just who on Earth has watersprings magazines under their bed. Oh, Haru. Only you.
It's weird but Haru is the only Free! boy who has claimed to have a first love (the Mikoshiba boys do not count)...only it's a waterfall. Haru x Water is canon. I like to imagine Rin trying to make a case by himself by reminding Haru that 'Rin' is written with a radical for 'water'; only to be outed by Nagisa whose name not only has a radical for water (and one less simplified than Rin's) as it actually means 'water's edge'.

The problem with Hunter x Hunter is that it's been on hiatus for what, a decade? Maybe even more. So even when one finishes the anime one will not find any closure in the manga. I was hoping that the new anime would spur the mangaka into resuming it but so far I see no signs of it. Which is a shame, Gon and Killua are really adorable together but I prefer Hisoka and Illumi myself...it's be...something else, that's for sure.

Offline

 

#33 | Back to Top04-30-2015 12:40:09 PM

HonorableShadow
Cow Bellhop
From: Ohio
Registered: 11-03-2006
Posts: 471
Website

Re: Anime/manga recommendation

Nocturnalux wrote:

And it makes you wonder just who on Earth has watersprings magazines under their bed. Oh, Haru. Only you.
It's weird but Haru is the only Free! boy who has claimed to have a first love (the Mikoshiba boys do not count)...only it's a waterfall. Haru x Water is canon. I like to imagine Rin trying to make a case by himself by reminding Haru that 'Rin' is written with a radical for 'water'; only to be outed by Nagisa whose name not only has a radical for water (and one less simplified than Rin's) as it actually means 'water's edge'.

The problem with Hunter x Hunter is that it's been on hiatus for what, a decade? Maybe even more. So even when one finishes the anime one will not find any closure in the manga. I was hoping that the new anime would spur the mangaka into resuming it but so far I see no signs of it. Which is a shame, Gon and Killua are really adorable together but I prefer Hisoka and Illumi myself...it's be...something else, that's for sure.

Well if all else fails, Rin can probably cry enough to form an attractive waterfall for Haru! So that's definitely a plus in his favor.  emot-rofl

Yeah... it kind of sucks. It does update (I checked and the latest chapter was released August 2014 it looks like. I could be wrong though.) I haven't finished the anime yet but I'm not looking forward to falling into hiatus hell once I'm done. I don't know why the mangaka can't just wrap it up. I realize he might not get to do everything he wants to do and it would be ashame to cut it short, but at some point it's probably better to end things so people can have closure.  It's also sad because on the article I was reading about it, it said he wanted to try and stay ahead of the anime but it looks like that didn't happen. emot-frown

Last edited by HonorableShadow (04-30-2015 12:47:37 PM)


Rose tint my world...
Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.

Offline

 

#34 | Back to Top04-30-2015 03:48:36 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist
From: Portugal
Registered: 09-10-2007
Posts: 741

Re: Anime/manga recommendation

Heh, Rin is already very prone to crying as it is. The poor guy, he sure goes through a lot.
In my head canon the reason why Haru lives alone is because his parents found it difficult to endure his lack of expression. Considering he was already like that as a kid it's as good a theory as any. emot-rofl

Berserk suffers from hiatus hell as well. Even the recent movies did not seem to have done anything to change that much to my disappointment. I'm just glad I never got around to buying any of the manga (then again by the time I became a fan it was already on hiatus), I'll just get the entire collection if/when it gets completed.

And speaking of HxH, there's this drama CD with Kurapika and Leorio that sounds so much like porn that it has to be heard to be believed:

Offline

 

#35 | Back to Top05-01-2015 04:55:21 PM

Yams
Nest Boxer
From: Crystal Millenium
Registered: 02-13-2007
Posts: 963

Re: Anime/manga recommendation

EDIT: Ok I think that Drama CD confirms it, no way was that unintentional.

I headcanon Kurapica x Leoria really hard, but I follow the old Hunter x Hunter series, not the reboot, definitely didn't like it. There's a scene in the original anime that really goes into almost-canon territory for those two, like the creators were definitely hinting strongly about something being between them. I never minded HXH being incomplete because they mostly finish Kurapica's arc, I like where they leave off with him, and he's really the only reason I care about the show.

Killua and Gon always struck me as just friends, besides that they're way underaged, I just didn't get that vibe from them.

To be fair, I don't believe Kurapica's gender has ever been 100% confirmed? It was always left ambiguous, at least during the time I was following the anime & manga.

Last edited by YamPuff (05-01-2015 05:03:19 PM)


http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

Offline

 

#36 | Back to Top05-01-2015 10:29:54 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist
From: Portugal
Registered: 09-10-2007
Posts: 741

Re: Anime/manga recommendation

YamPuff wrote:

EDIT: Ok I think that Drama CD confirms it, no way was that unintentional.

I headcanon Kurapica x Leoria really hard, but I follow the old Hunter x Hunter series, not the reboot, definitely didn't like it. There's a scene in the original anime that really goes into almost-canon territory for those two, like the creators were definitely hinting strongly about something being between them. I never minded HXH being incomplete because they mostly finish Kurapica's arc, I like where they leave off with him, and he's really the only reason I care about the show.

Killua and Gon always struck me as just friends, besides that they're way underaged, I just didn't get that vibe from them.

To be fair, I don't believe Kurapica's gender has ever been 100% confirmed? It was always left ambiguous, at least during the time I was following the anime & manga.

It's blatant even by Drama CDs standards and that is saying a lot.

About that scene, is that the one when Leorio and Kurapika are staying together in a room and it is really, really awkward in a cute way? I seem to remember something to that effect but it's been a while.
I really like Kurapika myself and would like to see his vengeance concluded, foiled or *something*. But from what I've heard the manga has a world of pain still in wait for him.

I've heard that Kurapika's gender is indeed not been confimed but there is one thing that makes me doubt his status as male: [that one time he dresses up as a girl to lure the Phantom Troupe it's treated as crossdressing. Unless Kurapika is impersonating a woman, impersonating a man, impersonating woman. It's possible but a tad too convoluted.]

Killua/Gon becomes much more pronounced in the new anime. By the time the Chimera Ant arc rolls by it has reached a level of one sided infantuation on Killua's part. Even before that there are previews that toy with it.

And I believe it's time to plug Fafner:

http://www.taospage.net/Fl/Varios/DD/fafner1.jpg

And this is just a poster for the movie, the whole series is loaded with Kazuki/Shoushi moments. It's a shame that it has so little love in the West.

This is something of a spoiler for the movie but it's about as obvious as it gets:

http://i.imgur.com/OXx6Gvq.png

Last edited by Nocturnalux (05-01-2015 10:33:58 PM)

Offline

 

#37 | Back to Top05-02-2015 02:42:11 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer
From: Crystal Millenium
Registered: 02-13-2007
Posts: 963

Re: Anime/manga recommendation

I'm watching Fafner once im done with Free!

The scene for me in HXh was the telephone scene which iirc was at the end of Kurapica's arc where he goes after the Spider dudes and then is finally reunited with Leorio. They smiled at eachother way too much for 'just friends'. I also agree that Kurapica is pretty much a guy, perhaps they kept his gender a bit unclear so they could get away with some bl hints, like the time he spends with his teacher where he creates his chain power things, that was also highly bl in tone. (Obviously ive been out of the fandom so long I've forgotton all the terminology and arc names) and yeah, I believe it's the new anime that has everyone fussing over Gon x Killua...but I like them as just good friends.

Hisoka x anyone is also approved by me emot-tongue


http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

Offline

 

#38 | Back to Top05-02-2015 04:52:57 AM

HonorableShadow
Cow Bellhop
From: Ohio
Registered: 11-03-2006
Posts: 471
Website

Re: Anime/manga recommendation

Yeah, I watch the new one so that's probably where the difference lies. There was a moment in the Chimera Ant arc that Killua is thinking about staying by Gon's side and the way he worded it was just super romantic imo.  I told my friend (who I was watching with) "that's not something you think about your best friend, that's something you say as a vow at your wedding." I shipped them way before that though, the puppy-love vibe they give off is really cute to me. emot-smile I'm not sure what they were like in the 1999 anime because I haven't watched that one. Anyway, I like Leo and Kurapika together too, I just wish they got more screentime. They kind of... ceased to exist even in the OP and ED after a while.

Fafner looks interesting! I might have to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation!


Rose tint my world...
Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.

Offline

 

#39 | Back to Top05-02-2015 12:54:56 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist
From: Portugal
Registered: 09-10-2007
Posts: 741

Re: Anime/manga recommendation

YamPuff wrote:

Hisoka x anyone is also approved by me emot-tongue

I can only slash Hisoka with Illumi because they are both so messed up that it's not even creepy as much as it is meant to be. The idea of pairing Hisoka with anyone else fills me with dread, poor Gon and Killua nearly escaped becoming shota bait.
And oddly enough Hisoka really is sexy when he drops the pedo clown attire.

And speaking of gender ambuiguity, if Kurapika does indeed border on trap territory Kalluto takes the cake:

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/hunterxhunter/images/f/f3/Kalluto_Zoldyck_2011.png/revision/latest?cb=20150111054819

Yes, that's a boy.

HonorableShadow wrote:

Anyway, I like Leo and Kurapika together too, I just wish they got more screentime. They kind of... ceased to exist even in the OP and ED after a while.

I know what you mean, they eventually do return in the manga but it's been so long that it's as if they'd been gone for years on end. The fact that neither Leorio nor Kurapika take part in the Greed Island or Chimera Ant arcs borders on 'put on a bus'. Originally it seemed as if Gon, Killua, Kurapika and Leorio were the core of the nakama gang but somewhere along the line it morphed into 'the Gon and Killua' show.
And I just realized that I share Kurapika's birthday.etc-love

Aw, I'm so glad you guys are giving Fafner a shot. Just keep in mind that it does take some time to find its own identity and the first episodes have some really cheesy preview narration.

Last edited by Nocturnalux (05-02-2015 02:52:06 PM)

Offline

 

#40 | Back to Top05-03-2015 06:28:48 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer
From: Crystal Millenium
Registered: 02-13-2007
Posts: 963

Re: Anime/manga recommendation

I'm glad I went with my gut and didn't continue with the new anime. I tried a few episodes and even skipped ahead to see their interpretation of my favorite scenes, but the show really is focused too much on Gon and Killua, when the series has always been about Kurapica for me. No Kurapica, no go as far as I'm concerned. emot-mad

Nocturnalux wrote:

YamPuff wrote:

Hisoka x anyone is also approved by me emot-tongue

I can only slash Hisoka with Illumi because they are both so messed up that it's not even creepy as much as it is meant to be. The idea of pairing Hisoka with anyone else fills me with dread, poor Gon and Killua nearly escaped becoming shota bait.
And oddly enough Hisoka really is sexy when he drops the pedo clown attire.

Oh hells ya
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/Hisoka_zpsmw7yoxco.jpg~original


http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

Offline

 

#41 | Back to Top05-03-2015 03:25:05 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist
From: Portugal
Registered: 09-10-2007
Posts: 741

Re: Anime/manga recommendation

Kurapika returns after the Chimera Ant arc, by the way. And he plays quite a role the Dark Continent arc that I do not think gets covered in any of the anime adaptations.

I've heard a few things about Kurapika's future from manga readers:

[Later events are not too kind on Kurapkia. I'm not entirely sure what happenes but it seems that his Nen chain power that comes with a cost ends up backfiring horribly on him. To the point that I've been told that Kurapika fans should not even check out the manga unless they want their heart to break. When the hiarus hit things were looking pretty bleak for him.]

Heh, that's Hisoka for you: a hot bishe who would rather dress up as a creepy clown straight from a nightmare.

Offline

 

#42 | Back to Top05-05-2015 08:06:23 PM

Sweetgm2
Juri Jeerer
Registered: 02-16-2015
Posts: 40

Re: Anime/manga recommendation

Mayuri from Bleach is kind of hot without his creepy makeup too.

Thanks for the recommendations guys.  I'm up to date on Black Butler, and am checking out Pandora Hearts.  I like the gothic Victorian/Edwardian era they take place in.  I also heard Count Cain takes place during that time and is big on the subtext as well.  Does anyone know of any manga/anime like that?

Last edited by Sweetgm2 (05-06-2015 09:20:16 AM)

Offline

 

#43 | Back to Top05-05-2015 08:27:22 PM

Crystalline_Dream
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)
From: Beneath a starry sky
Registered: 01-17-2011
Posts: 180

Re: Anime/manga recommendation

Sweetgm2, The Cain Saga and Godchild by Kaori Yuki are definitely gothic and heavy on the subtext!

Offline

 

#44 | Back to Top05-05-2015 09:34:32 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist
From: Portugal
Registered: 09-10-2007
Posts: 741

Re: Anime/manga recommendation

Also by Yuki Kaori and featuring a gothic theme and (probably) some subtext is Ludwig Kakumei. I have yet to read it myself but from what I've heard it's quite creepy and heavy on the horror.

Offline

 

#45 | Back to Top05-08-2015 04:49:54 PM

Yams
Nest Boxer
From: Crystal Millenium
Registered: 02-13-2007
Posts: 963

Re: Anime/manga recommendation

Anything Kaori Yuki is quite good and heavy on the homoeroticism. I was really into her in my early teens, and I thoroughly enjoyed all her titles. Strangely enough the only manga by her I could never quite get into was Angel Sanctuary, arguably her most famous work. I always found it hard to follow, could never figure out what was going on.


Guys guys GUYS OMG THANK YOU for the Toward the Terra recommendation. It is FABULOUS. I also just found out that it was written by the creator of Kaze to Ki no Uta, which makes lots of sense and, in retrospect, should have been obvious because of the art style. I honestly didn't get fully 'into' it until halfway through but the set-up is completely worth the pay-off. Off to watch the last two episodes and I am prepared for heartbreak, the series is certainly not afraid to kill people off. etc-love

Last edited by YamPuff (05-08-2015 04:52:57 PM)


http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

Offline

 

#46 | Back to Top05-10-2015 09:06:01 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist
From: Portugal
Registered: 09-10-2007
Posts: 741

Re: Anime/manga recommendation

Aw, I'm so glad I managed to convert you to the wonders of Toward the Terra. The moment I found that the mangaka from Kaze was behind it, I imagined Keith hopping over to meet Gilbert and co. and put an end to all the flower blooming drama.
[Poor Matsuka, now that was a love martyr if there ever was one. Such devotion and look what it got him. Then again, virtually everyone Keith ever ends up caring for dies horribly. It's something of a rule.]


I never finished Angel Sanctuary because it confused me greatly. It did not help that I had a hard time telling the characters apart, everyone looked remarkably alike.

Offline

 

#47 | Back to Top05-11-2015 08:00:45 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer
From: Crystal Millenium
Registered: 02-13-2007
Posts: 963

Re: Anime/manga recommendation

Can anyone make a sales pitch for Owari no Seraph? I'm interested but on the fence. Enough gay?  school-devil

Nocturnalux wrote:

Aw, I'm so glad I managed to convert you to the wonders of Toward the Terra. The moment I found that the mangaka from Kaze was behind it, I imagined Keith hopping over to meet Gilbert and co. and put an end to all the flower blooming drama.
[Poor Matsuka, now that was a love martyr if there ever was one. Such devotion and look what it got him. Then again, virtually everyone Keith ever ends up caring for dies horribly. It's something of a rule.]


I never finished Angel Sanctuary because it confused me greatly. It did not help that I had a hard time telling the characters apart, everyone looked remarkably alike.

Matsuka was my replacement bishie of love since Soldier Blue was always sleeping, lazy bastard.
Hehe, a cross-over would be super! Terra had lots of gay, majority of bishies showed zero interest in the pretty girls around them. XD the Keith x Jomy thing reminded me a lot if Zujo x Aang from ATLA (not in a slash way, in a parallel character way)

Thats the exact same problem I had with Angel sanctuary! As much as my burning loves burns for Kaori Yuki, she can be a bit confusing, sloppy even.

Also I just now read about Kurapica's future in the manga being bleak and my heart broke a little. I really want to know now and it's going to make me really upset. Kurapica is just one of those characters that I get way too emotionally invested in. emot-gonk

Last edited by YamPuff (05-11-2015 08:03:54 AM)


http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

Offline

 

#48 | Back to Top05-11-2015 12:11:21 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist
From: Portugal
Registered: 09-10-2007
Posts: 741

Re: Anime/manga recommendation

Owari no Seraph has plenty of gay. It starts off as 'Attack on Titan' with vampires instead of giant humanoids with the MC being a dead ringer for Eren but it does get better. As for the gay content, the OP already ships Eren/Mika and it's right there in the first episode. So I suggest you give it a go.
Also, 'Mikaela' is a boy's name. poptart

Heh, it's true that the Terra bishies are not all that interested in girls. The anime may have taken that even to a greater extreme as compared to the manga: [I haven't read it myself but from what I've heard Tony is Jomy's son. I actually prefer the way it played out in the anime.]

Keith is probably the most notorious example of being oblivious to females, Suena clearly had a thing for him but I suspect he did not even notice it. Keith reminded me a bit of Iason from Ai no Kusabi but without the kink.
Imagine Keith and Jomy arrive on Earth only to land in Kaze's school. Wouldn't that be a riot! That science geek in Kaze, the name escapes me now, would fanboy over the technology. Keith could add another cute uke to his harem as Gilbert would probably volunteer, I expect Serge would become friends with Jomy once he got over the whole 'you guys come from space?!' issue.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who found Angel Sanctuary to be very confusing. Gender ambiguity can be great and it's something I love but in this case it only made it even more difficult to tell characters apart.

Offline

 

#49 | Back to Top05-12-2015 01:59:29 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer
From: Crystal Millenium
Registered: 02-13-2007
Posts: 963

Re: Anime/manga recommendation

I love this thread...we're all like, yes, I know its an incredible story with breathtaking animation and multidimensional characters but is it gay enough?

As for Keith, let's be honest, was it really necessary to tear open Matuska's clothes like that? Does he really not know what kind of a mark his own stun gun leaves? Pff. And his earrings? Come on.etc-saiowank

Oh my goodness, Keith and Gilbert? I dont think Keith could handle him, he's kind of like Shiroe combined with Matsuka. He'd drive him to fury then decide its time to fuck. I like this.

Jomy is probably the worst, at least Blue & Keith have girls who love them in-story. No one's even remotely jnterested in Jomy except other guys. XD


http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

Offline

 

#50 | Back to Top05-12-2015 01:23:52 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist
From: Portugal
Registered: 09-10-2007
Posts: 741

Re: Anime/manga recommendation

The quantity of homoerotic content is yet another criteria for judging fiction. emot-dance

One wonders if Keith really is entirely clueless or if he is just pretending. Or if he is so repressed that he does not even realize it. Classic case of sublimation? Very likely.
But one has to wonder just Matsuka is so devoted to Keith. Maybe the sex is just *that* good.

See, a crossover would be beautiful all around and it's something that needs to happen. If only because I'd like to see Gilbert in a cool military uniform. And Matsuka going yandere over Keith. There is potential here, I swear.

Now that you mention it, it is strange how Jomy is ignored by females especially given that he is the main character. And it's a shame Blue spends most of the time literally asleep, I have a thing for albino space boys.

I've read BL that is less gay than Toward the Terra.

Offline

 

Board footer

Powered by PunBB 1.2.23
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB
Forum styled and maintained by Giovanna and Yasha
Return to Empty Movement