You are not logged in.

Gougai! Gougai!

HOLY SHIT PEOPLE, IT'S NOT BAD ENOUGH WE'RE GETTING AN UTENA EXHIBITION RIGHT NOW

THEY. ARE. MAKING. A. NEW. MUSICAL. NEXT. YEAR. START LOSING YOUR SHIT RIGHT NOW

#26 | Back to Top11-04-2010 01:43:47 AM

Tenjou_sailorsaturn
Someday Shiner
From: Floating Castle
Registered: 10-17-2006
Posts: 2417
Website

Re: 10 Questions For Utena Fans

satyre, I nearly died of laughing. emot-rofl

Now it seems we have another IRG joke: Saionji's obsession with waffles!

Last edited by Tenjou_sailorsaturn (11-04-2010 01:44:50 AM)


生命是奇蹟,但是為什麼生活是痛苦的?

Offline

 

#27 | Back to Top11-04-2010 02:25:00 PM

Chrome Homura
Poor Saionji :(
From: Oregon, USA
Registered: 06-07-2010
Posts: 517

Re: 10 Questions For Utena Fans

O_O I just noticed that in this shot Sai seems to have channeled Touga's translucent hair technique!

Apparently movie!Sai is capable of causing this event through his sheer anger... *tries to resist his urge to make references to The Hulk*

*realizes his failure*

*dies of laughter*


"My blood is steel, my heart is glass... I have emerged unvanquished from many battles... Never have I been put to flight, but neither have I stood victorious... This bearer stands here alone, forging steel atop a hill of blades... for that reason, my life has never needed meaning. My body has always...

been made of infinite swords!"

Offline

 

#28 | Back to Top11-04-2010 10:39:30 PM

Absolute Apocalypse
Saionji Slapper
Registered: 08-24-2010
Posts: 25

Re: 10 Questions For Utena Fans

1. Why did you start reading/watching Revolutionary Girl Utena?

Nostalgia for old anime series.

With the exception of Death Note, I think most nowaday animes are pretty lame and have more or less the same style and feel.... or perhaps im just getting old. I dunno.

This is just my personal opinion so take no offense.

2. Which character would you have sex with and why?

All of the cast except for the underage ones (the ones that didn't fake their birth certificates). Don't wanna get in problems with Chris Hansen.

And because... why not?

3.Your favorite pairing and why!

Utena+Anthy is an obvious one, so I choose Wakaba+Chuchu just to make things interesting.

4. If someone offered you a video tape of your favorite pairing doing romantic things (sex, fluff, whatever) what would you do to get it?

As it is, I'd rather investigate what kind of animal a Chuchu is supposed to be first.

5. What would you do if you found yourself magically whisked away to the universe of Ohtori Academy?

Try to get into The Real Student Council to promote reforms to change those horrible uniforms!

6. What song do you think fits your favorite character/pairing?

Since this is a special occasion... anything by Scatman or Weird Al Yankovic.

7. What would your dueling rose color be, and why?

Red. All those rare and unexistant kawaii japanese rose colors make me feel uncomfortable.

8. Are you a prince, a duelist, or a rose bride? (Interpret this question any way you want.)

Wow, this is a hard question. Can't I be a male witch? summoning exotic animals out of nowhere would be a pretty cool trick at parties.

9. Is there any situation in RGU that is similar to something you might have experienced?

The Ruka, Juri and Shiori episode. I feel somewhat identified with Ruka.

Why? Because I once felt in love with a lesbian girl. Im serious. It feels horrible, not only because she wasn't interested in me, but also because I knew that even if I tried, she would never notice me because she simply didn't like dudes.

But I got over it, so its ok. The past is the past.

10. Do you think waffles will make Saiyonji smile? etc-saiowank

Only if Touga asks him to go for another peaceful and shirtless bike ride right after that.

Also, eggs. Lots of Chuchu eggs.


"Challenging the sword of dios with a simple bamboo practice sword?" etc-saiowank

Always do things the saionji way.

Offline

 

#29 | Back to Top11-05-2010 03:53:43 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Forum
From: Edmonton, AB
Registered: 10-12-2006
Posts: 8730
Website

Re: 10 Questions For Utena Fans

1. Why did you start reading/watching Revolutionary Girl Utena?

Because I was a pretty big anime fan and like food, the stranger the box, the more crazy it is, and the less likely anyone else is to eat it, the more I have to try it.

2. Which character would you have sex with and why?

http://ohtori.nu/galerie/d/10544-2/Series_ep25_250.jpg
Because he'd eat me alive. etc-wankgirl

http://ohtori.nu/galerie/d/10540-2/Series_ep25_248.jpg
Because we'd eat incredibly expensive delicious food, then each other. etc-wankgirl

http://ohtori.nu/galerie/d/8068-1/Series_ep19_190.jpg
Because I'd eat him alive. school-devil

3.Your favorite pairing and why!

Probably Saionji and Wakaba. They really do fit together so agonizingly well. Also Akio and Touga, but that's not a romantic pairing, obviously. Just lots of great sex and torment.

4. If someone offered you a video tape of your favorite pairing doing romantic things (sex, fluff, whatever) what would you do to get it?

Probably not much, since Saionji and Wakaba probably spend all day cuddling and eating cookie dough.

5. What would you do if you found yourself magically whisked away to the universe of Ohtori Academy?

Same thing I always do in school. Suck up to the administration.

6. What song do you think fits your favorite character/pairing?

You know, I rarely think about these things. I guess because I don't listen to much music unless I'm trying not to fall asleep in the car.

7. What would your dueling rose color be, and why?

Red is already spoken for. As is purple. And black is a whole arc. So I'm kinda fucked there unless I kill Touga and claim his color. In which case, red. I'm also a big fan of wine tone reds, but joking about killing Shiori probably isn't safe 'round these parts. emot-wink

8. Are you a prince, a duelist, or a rose bride? (Interpret this question any way you want.)

A duelist. I want too much to be a prince, and I'm not not submissive enough to be a bride.

9. Is there any situation in RGU that is similar to something you might have experienced?

I spent most of my early life as the Saionji to my best friend's Touga.

10. Do you think waffles will make Saiyonji smile?

Chocolate chip waffles. etc-saiowank


Also, do thou wear thine suits and cuffs, be thee male or no, for such attire doth please my girl parts. - Gios 3:15
Chiefest of Calamities

Offline

 

#30 | Back to Top11-05-2010 10:51:49 AM

CoffinBreaker
Rose Bride
From: Here and Now
Registered: 10-28-2010
Posts: 117

Re: 10 Questions For Utena Fans

To Absolute Apocalypse:

(My answer to #9 was similar, but it was more of an "unrequited love cuz she liked someone else who didn't like her back" situation...)

Don't feel bad about it, most of us dykes don't actually hate guys- well, at least I don't emot-keke I've had basically the exact same thing with straight girls.


You don't need to understand Revolutionary Girl Utena to understand it.

Offline

 

#31 | Back to Top11-05-2010 11:17:22 AM

tremblinglight
New Student
From: Canada
Registered: 11-05-2010
Posts: 6
Website

Re: 10 Questions For Utena Fans

1. It looked really, really weird. I figured at the very least I'd be treated to a fantasy world where interesting things happen for no reason, which is good enough for me... But, what I got was far better...

2. Probably Anthy... Particularly Movie Anthy.

3. Utena/Anthy and Utena/Mikage... The first just because they compliment each other so well, and the second because the implications amuse me.

4. lol I'd pay for it.

5. I'd probably play along with the whole game for fun until things became too uncomfortably sexual, at which point I would run for my life... I'd spend most of my time wandering around admiring the architecture.

6. That's a difficult question... To label any of the characters with just one song is to do them a disservice, I'd say.

7. Probably white or blue.

8. Honestly, I have played all three roles at different times in my life. Right now I'd call myself a duelist. I have a lot of people and things in my life that are worth fighting for, but in some ways I am currently lacking the pure-hearted motives of the prince.

9. I've been through (non-sexual) Utena/Anthy-type situations before, sadly, and there have been a couple of older guys in my life who could have become Akios if I had been more naive.

10. Yes, I do! lol

Offline

 

#32 | Back to Top11-05-2010 02:32:45 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
From: New Zealand
Registered: 10-16-2006
Posts: 3102
Website

Re: 10 Questions For Utena Fans

...satyr, the only way that picture could have been more epic is if you'd happened to have a picture of those CREPES OF DOOOOOOOOOM to put there. emot-rofl


It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

Offline

 

#33 | Back to Top11-05-2010 02:47:19 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
From: New Orleans, Louisiana
Registered: 10-16-2006
Posts: 10328
Website

Re: 10 Questions For Utena Fans

"A doom crepe?"

"Yeah!  A doooom crepe!"

It seems like most of us are duelists!  It's amazing we all get along so well emot-smile

Offline

 

#34 | Back to Top11-05-2010 04:55:14 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
From: New Zealand
Registered: 10-16-2006
Posts: 3102
Website

Re: 10 Questions For Utena Fans

WE ARE DUELLISTS OF LOVE. AND DOOM. ...well, DOOM CREPES, but same dif. etc-saiowank


It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

Offline

 

#35 | Back to Top11-05-2010 06:37:34 PM

BlackRoseVixen
Snowdrop Lover
From: USA, Arkansas
Registered: 12-24-2007
Posts: 1815
Website

Re: 10 Questions For Utena Fans

The MF CREPES! etc-love etc-love etc-love


The Saionji Support Squad: Believing in True Friendship Since 2006.

Hat Mafia Member: The Vixen

Offline

 

#36 | Back to Top11-05-2010 06:37:55 PM

purplepolecat
Atlantean Singer
From: Vancouver, B.C.
Registered: 03-26-2007
Posts: 570

Re: 10 Questions For Utena Fans

1. Why did you start reading/watching Revolutionary Girl Utena?

AMV Hell 3 (which also introduced me to Azumanga Daioh and a bunch of other great shows)

2. Which character would you have sex with and why?

Utena. Girls in boy's uniforms are hot.

3.Your favorite pairing and why!

JurixUtena. The fountain scene ended way too soon.

4. If someone offered you a video tape of your favorite pairing doing romantic things (sex, fluff, whatever) what would you do to get it?

I'd look for it on BitTorrent.

5. What would you do if you found yourself magically whisked away to the universe of Ohtori Academy?

Join the fencing club. Hit on Juri. Get rejected. Swallow sadness.

6. What song do you think fits your favorite character/pairing?

Tempted by Collide

7. What would your dueling rose color be, and why?

Purple or black, my favorites

8. Are you a prince, a duelist, or a rose bride? (Interpret this question any way you want.)

A duelist. I'm not idealistic enough to be a prince, but I handle a sword OK.

9. Is there any situation in RGU that is similar to something you might have experienced?

I once dated a demure Indian girl who turned out to be a passive-aggressive backstabbing witch.

10. Do you think waffles will make Saiyonji smile? etc-saiowank

No, like everything else he eats, they taste like the bitterness of failure.


We're here, we're queer, we don't want any more bears!
Honorary Hat Mafia Member
Now Playing: Bear Supply - "I Maul Out Of Love"

Offline

 

#37 | Back to Top11-05-2010 06:47:56 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
From: New Zealand
Registered: 10-16-2006
Posts: 3102
Website

Re: 10 Questions For Utena Fans

purplepolecat wrote:

Join the fencing club. Hit on Juri. Get rejected. Swallow sadness.

If it makes you feel any better, in Ohtori it's probably entirely possible to also meet a giant fish and fuck his brains out. I mean, he won't be Juri, sure, but...maybe he'll pretend for you?

Also, BRV -- I have just one thing to say to you.

OH!

etc-saiowanketc-saiowanketc-saiowank


It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

Offline

 

#38 | Back to Top11-05-2010 08:45:28 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
From: Minami Goushuu
Registered: 10-17-2006
Posts: 14280
Website

Re: 10 Questions For Utena Fans

1. Why did you start reading/watching Revolutionary Girl Utena?
Because I read the essays first and found the idea very interesting.

2. Which character would you have sex with and why?
Shiori could begood GF material if she could get over feelings of inferiority over Juri and Kozue cos it would be as awesome as sex with Akio but without the gayness factor.

3.Your favorite pairing and why!
Chu-Chu + Cake, the one true pairing. etc-lovepoptart

4. If someone offered you a video tape of your favorite pairing doing romantic things (sex, fluff, whatever) what would you do to get it?
Not a lot, watching Chu-Chu eat would get boring very quickly.

5. What would you do if you found yourself magically whisked away to the universe of Ohtori Academy?
Avoid Madam Lamer as much as possible.

6. What song do you think fits your favorite character/pairing?
Popcorn.

7. What would your dueling rose color be, and why?
Navy Blue with Golden edges cos its awesomely impossible

8. Are you a prince, a duelist, or a rose bride? (Interpret this question any way you want.)
Duellist cos I'm no Prince and I'm not submissive enough to be a Bride

9. Is there any situation in RGU that is similar to something you might have experienced?
I did some Kendo.

10. Do you think waffles will make Saionji smile?
Only if they were salted with Touga's bitter tears.

Last edited by Tamago (11-05-2010 08:48:03 PM)


http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/spatulasama/DooDah.jpg

Offline

 

#39 | Back to Top11-05-2010 09:09:18 PM

The_A_Man
Someday Shiner
From: Canada
Registered: 02-22-2009
Posts: 9107
Website

Re: 10 Questions For Utena Fans

1. Why did you start reading/watching Revolutionary Girl Utena?

Well I watched the first episode of the abridged series on youtube and wondered what the show was, so I watched it.

2. Which character would you have sex with and why?

Utena because she's a strong, but naive girl.
Anthy because she's submissive yet mysterious.

3.Your favorite pairing and why!

Utena/Anthy because I'm a yuri fan and my favorite types of pairings are masculine girls paired up with a feminine girl.

4. If someone offered you a video tape of your favorite pairing doing romantic things (sex, fluff, whatever) what would you do to get it?

Beg for it and not stop until I got it.

5. What would you do if you found yourself magically whisked away to the universe of Ohtori Academy?

Steal a sword.

6. What song do you think fits your favorite character/pairing?

I Kissed a Girl because they kiss in the movie. (And like it emot-wink)

7. What would your dueling rose color be, and why?

I'll pick navy blue just because I like it.

8. Are you a prince, a duelist, or a rose bride? (Interpret this question any way you want.)

Can I say I'm both a prince and a duelist?

9. Is there any situation in RGU that is similar to something you might have experienced?

My life isn't really that weird, but I guess all the gender stuff.

10. Do you think waffles will make Saionji smile?

Does anything make him smile?

Offline

 

#40 | Back to Top11-06-2010 07:25:18 AM

Android raptor
Rose Smilee
From: North GA, USA
Registered: 08-11-2009
Posts: 126
Website

Re: 10 Questions For Utena Fans

1. Why did you start reading/watching Revolutionary Girl Utena?

It's a good friend of mine's favorite anime, so watching it was pretty much inevitable.

2. Which character would you have sex with and why?

WHY MUST KOZUE BE JAILBAIT?!emot-gonk

3.Your favorite pairing and why!

Akio/MikageNemuro; personal reasons etc-wankdude

4. If someone offered you a video tape of your favorite pairing doing romantic things (sex, fluff, whatever) what would you do to get it?

I can live with one kidney, right?

5. What would you do if you found yourself magically whisked away to the universe of Ohtori Academy?

Find MikageNemuro and give him a hug. He needs it emot-frown

6. What song do you think fits your favorite character/pairing?

"Corrupt" by Depeche Mode fits well enough methinks etc-love

7. What would your dueling rose color be, and why?

Some kind of seizure-inducing neon color, because I tend to be a very special snowflake.

8. Are you a prince, a duelist, or a rose bride? (Interpret this question any way you want.)

All three can be argued to fit at different times, though I strive to be a prince the most since I have a huge drive to make some kind of good impact on the world in my life. It just feels like something I need to do, and there's so much that needs to be done.

9. Is there any situation in RGU that is similar to something you might have experienced?

I relate significantly to Wakaba, and to Utena, Nemuro, and Shiori to lesser extents. Interpret that as you see fit.

10. Do you think waffles will make Saiyonji smile? etc-saiowank

If Toug...er, Anthy made them naked in the kitchen, of course! school-eng101

Last edited by Android raptor (11-06-2010 07:27:22 AM)

Offline

 

#41 | Back to Top11-06-2010 08:30:30 PM

BlackRoseVixen
Snowdrop Lover
From: USA, Arkansas
Registered: 12-24-2007
Posts: 1815
Website

Re: 10 Questions For Utena Fans

Clarice wrote:

Also, BRV -- I have just one thing to say to you.

OH!

etc-saiowanketc-saiowanketc-saiowank

OH OH OH!

poptart poptart poptart


The Saionji Support Squad: Believing in True Friendship Since 2006.

Hat Mafia Member: The Vixen

Offline

 

#42 | Back to Top11-07-2010 01:55:13 AM

Ashnod
La poétesse revolutionnaire
From: Missouri, United States
Registered: 03-01-2007
Posts: 1243
Website

Re: 10 Questions For Utena Fans

BlackRoseVixen wrote:

Clarice wrote:

Also, BRV -- I have just one thing to say to you.

OH!

etc-saiowanketc-saiowanketc-saiowank

OH OH OH!

poptart poptart poptart

Gonna get'em hot, show'em what I got!


Flowers without names blooming in the field can only sway in the wind. But I was born with a destiny of roses, born to live in passion and glory.

http://www.dark-kingdom.org/Gallery/osrgbanner.PNG
Hat Mafia Member: Little Dark Poet

Offline

 

#43 | Back to Top11-07-2010 02:25:12 AM

Absolute Apocalypse
Saionji Slapper
Registered: 08-24-2010
Posts: 25

Re: 10 Questions For Utena Fans

CoffinBreaker wrote:

To Absolute Apocalypse:

(My answer to #9 was similar, but it was more of an "unrequited love cuz she liked someone else who didn't like her back" situation...)

Don't feel bad about it, most of us dykes don't actually hate guys- well, at least I don't emot-keke I've had basically the exact same thing with straight girls.

Oh don't get me wrong.

I wasn't saying that she was a manhater or something like that, -she had plenty of male friends including me-. What I was saying is that she was irremediably attracted to other women... therefore, my thing for her was not only an unrequited love, but an IMPOSSIBLE love. That's why it felt so horrible. emot-gonk

But thanks for your condolences. That happened more than 4 years ago so im ok now.


"Challenging the sword of dios with a simple bamboo practice sword?" etc-saiowank

Always do things the saionji way.

Offline

 

#44 | Back to Top11-08-2010 03:34:27 AM

Randamonian
Rose Bride
From: Australia
Registered: 11-07-2010
Posts: 102

Re: 10 Questions For Utena Fans

1. Why did you start reading/watching Revolutionary Girl Utena?
AMV hell. Akio basically. He just looked so facinating. Also I wanted to check out older anime and thought this might be a rare jewel of a series.

2. Which character would you have sex with and why?
Eh!? None. Eh... Oh, What are you saying?!

3.Your favorite pairing and why!
Nanami and Mitsuuru I guess. On the whole I don't really have one. For some reason this show doesn't make me think of cute couples. But that one seems the most innocent and honest. At least on Mistsuuru's side.

4. If someone offered you a video tape of your favorite pairing doing romantic things (sex, fluff, whatever) what would you do to get it?

Burn it before the police showed up. Also, it's none of my business, I wouldn't care anyway. What?

5. What would you do if you found yourself magically whisked away to the universe of Ohtori Academy?
Get lost in the architecture, be in love with the rose garden and stare at good looking boys, but pretend not to. Seriously, that's what I did in High School, I hardly think things have changed.

6. What song do you think fits your favorite character/pairing?
My Oh My by Aqua. The lines: Little princess in a terrible mess.... dreams of a prince on a tall white horse, runs like a spirit by the castle walls .....
gotta steal from the rich when they don't know im coming, gotta give to the poor, no time for lovin, My oh my don't you cry, there's no way i'm fadin, I believe, say my bye, I'm going my way.....
Prince oh prince are you really sincere, like you one day im gonna disappear

Makes me think of Utena, Dios and Akio

7. What would your dueling rose color be, and why?
Black because I'd most likely be a black rose duelist. I have no burning ambition and would only have enough energy to get through one episode. Also, I can imagine fading into the background afterwards.

8. Are you a prince, a duelist, or a rose bride?
I'm not enough of a exception to make it to prince level, but I would be happy to be a strong noble fighter in my own right. So I'd most likely be a duelist. But as a girl[careful what you say], I would almost expect any guy I was with to protect me and that way, I'm more likely to be a princess. So Duelist on my own or Princess with a Prince.

9. Is there any situation in RGU that is similar to something you might have experienced?
Feeling seperated from my brothers when I hold strong affection for them. I have anger towards a girl who my brother dates because she's no good for him, but like Nanami, I wouldn't get involved directly or get my hands dirty with it. So I seeth in the corner.
Also Saionji's feelings of loneliness at having friends drift away or who seem distant.
Like Juri I wish people understood me without explaination. It feels concieted to say 'No one understand me' but in general I don't fit in. It feels like a miracle to find someone who seems to cut through all that with merely a knowing smile. 

10. Do you think waffles will make Saiyonji smile?
Not if I made them.

Wow, these questions take a long time to answer

Offline

 

#45 | Back to Top11-09-2010 04:33:14 AM

Cyrias
Tenjou Tilter
From: Exploring the psyche
Registered: 10-04-2009
Posts: 83

Re: 10 Questions For Utena Fans

1. Why did you start reading/watching Revolutionary Girl Utena?

My answer: Because my Church friend Judy recommended it to me, though it was another 8 years till I watched it


2. Which character would you have sex with and why?

My answer: Uuuuummmm... er... Utena strangely enough emot-tongue


3.Your favorite pairing and why!

My answer: Utena/Anthy, because their friedship is pure and platonic and they try not to betray each other till the end and they're a gender-subversion of prince/princess

4. If someone offered you a video tape of your favorite pairing doing romantic things (sex, fluff, whatever) what would you do to get it?

My answer: Cheer on my favourite couple while eating iceblock school-eng101

5. What would you do if you found yourself magically whisked away to the universe of Ohtori Academy?

My answer: Find myself in the Dueling arena and being stabbed by Shiori for trying to enter the duel. That or try Anthy's curry soup and switch bodies with the nearest person... OR Have a ride in Akio's PIMPING car! VROOOOM~ school-devil


6. What song do you think fits your favorite character/pairing?

My answer: 'What took you so long' by Emma Bunton

7. What would your dueling rose color be, and why?

My answer: Violet, because I'm melancholy and of royal blood (I wish) and spiritual emot-tongue

8. Are you a prince, a duelist, or a rose bride? (Interpret this question any way you want.)

My answer: A duelist, because I am DETERMINED, but a Rose bride because I'm meek.

9. Is there any situation in RGU that is similar to something you might have experienced?
Being naive like Utena and being manipulated by others. Friendship is paramount according to me, so having close friends is familiar

10. Do you think waffles will make Saiyonji smile? etc-saiowank
No. Because he is like the Mona-Lisa and his smile is MYSTERIOUS and non waffly etc-love
My answer: Well, they make me smile!


In lumine tuo, videbimus amor ('In your light, we shall love') Slippy slippery mambo~ everyone at Ohtori is in some kind of spiritual land, created by Goddess Anthy and her brother Akio?!

Offline

 

#46 | Back to Top11-09-2010 05:39:52 PM

Melancholic_Soul
Dancer Romancer
From: VA
Registered: 04-28-2009
Posts: 1513

Re: 10 Questions For Utena Fans

As usual late to the party u__u

1. Why did you start reading/watching Revolutionary Girl Utena?
Well a long time ago I was a fan of the strong women archetype! While reading over several anime and manga magazines I kept coming across Revolutionary Girl Utena... Though I was enthralled with the summaries, I wasn't able to read it until ninth grade... and bought the last 3 graphic novels summer of  2004

2. Which character would you have sex with and why?
Well... for sexy reasons Akio, Juri, Anthy (hair-down mature Anthy), Touga, and Ruka. For other reasons, Juri because I feel like I would want to save her, Shiori because I want her to feel pain school-devil

3.Your favorite pairing and why!


The OTP is Juori, so suck it emot-mad ...j/k I'm actually a bigger fan of Juri and Ruka...surprise!

4. If someone offered you a video tape of your favorite pairing doing romantic things (sex, fluff, whatever) what would you do to get it?

not much, those things are much more enjoyable in my imagination emot-wink


5. What would you do if you found yourself magically whisked away to the universe of Ohtori Academy?


Have tea with the chairman... Before and after the shagging


6. What song do you think fits your favorite character/pairing?

She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5

7. What would your dueling rose color be, and why?

Indigo...because indigo is awesome >__>

8. Are you a prince, a duelist, or a rose bride? (Interpret this question any way you want.)

...I'm Dios-present..... Since Dios is Dios-Past and Akio is Dios-Future.
I think the right answer for me is all three to be honest. I've played these roles at various times

9. Is there any situation in RGU that is similar to something you might have experienced?


Kozue's interaction in the adult world is somewhat similar to mine when I was younger (her age in fact)


10. Do you think waffles will make Saiyonji smile? etc- etc-saiowank

Perhaps. I believe Saionji is only good at smirking derisively at those lower than him


http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/anthy_utena/rukasan.gif Believing in the power of Love and Justice since 1999
Red Lobster CGM- Burning Shrimp since 2013
Amazon FFC fucking shit up since 2015
Best Buy Warehouse - Tech decks on deck since 2016

Offline

 

#47 | Back to Top11-10-2010 07:55:08 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner
From: Louisiana
Registered: 12-17-2006
Posts: 2916

Re: 10 Questions For Utena Fans

1. Why did you start reading/watching Revolutionary Girl Utena?

Back in 1999, I had a friend who was doing fansub distribution on VHS, and he liked taking me back to his place and randomly picking anime for me to watch with very little input from me. The rest is history.

2. Which character would you have sex with and why?

Akio, I wouldn't really get much choice in the matter because he rolls natural 20s on Spot Virgin checks, and his Charisma stat is through the damn roof.

3.Your favorite pairing and why!

I only get to pick ONE? Akio and Kozue, then. In my mind, she's the fallen princess to Akio's fallen prince, a younger version of his mother-in-law.


4. If someone offered you a video tape of your favorite pairing doing romantic things (sex, fluff, whatever) what would you do to get it?

Snatch it out of his/her hand and run!


5. What would you do if you found yourself magically whisked away to the universe of Ohtori Academy?

Well, there's two answers to this.

a) 30-year-old me would get herself hired as an English teacher so that I could change those hideous uniforms to a less hideous one.
b) Student-aged me would spend her time trying to hook up Miki with Nanami, and Juri with Utena while I become Anthy's new best friend.


6. What song do you think fits your favorite character/pairing?

Never really thought about it, but TV on the Radio's "Wolf Like Me" would be pretty decent to start.

7. What would your dueling rose color be, and why?

Like this...(pardon the shoddy editing) but with a bit more black on the edges.
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t270/EbonieRose/Decorated%20images/____purple20rose.jpg

I just like the color, to be honest.

8. Are you a prince, a duelist, or a rose bride? (Interpret this question any way you want.)

I'm a Rose Bride, 100%. Duelists seek irrational and intangible solutions to problems they can fix themselves. Princes want to be the people who fix other people's problems, whether it's taking out a girl who got stood up or kicking someone in the nuts for picking on your best friend. Rose Brides are the ones who try to solve their own problems, because they got tired of waiting on a prince, but end up making a big fucking mess of it all. A Rose Bride knows that there's a perfectly logical solution to this new problem, but they don't want to make things worse than they already are if it doesn't work.

In truth, I'm none of these things, but Rose Bride is the easiest answer to justify.

9. Is there any situation in RGU that is similar to something you might have experienced?

Believe it or not, no.

10. Do you think waffles will make Saionji smile? etc-saiowank

Only if Anthy made them exactly the way he likes them.


Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

Offline

 

#48 | Back to Top11-15-2010 06:09:43 PM

oryx
New Student
From: elsewhere
Registered: 11-15-2010
Posts: 8
Website

Re: 10 Questions For Utena Fans

ooh, this seems fun~

1. Why did you start reading/watching Revolutionary Girl Utena?
getting back into yu yu hakusho put me in the mood for more "classic"/90s anime, and a few weeks ago i realized that i'd never seen utena before. i was like, "hey, doesn't that have cute lesbians in it? i'm down." and thus i began to watch.
ffffff i'm such a newbie ; u;

2. Which character would you have sex with and why?
well, i'm asexual, but for the spirit of this quiz i'll say... akio etc-love
gotta love that flowing white hair

3.Your favorite pairing and why!
honestly? i don't know yet. i might come back and edit once i finish watching ;)

4. If someone offered you a video tape of your favorite pairing doing romantic things (sex, fluff, whatever) what would you do to get it?
see above, i s'pose

5. What would you do if you found yourself magically whisked away to the universe of Ohtori Academy?
search the place for hidden rooms and secrets!
and help anthy water the roses in the greenhouse~

6. What song do you think fits your favorite character/pairing?
maybe "the scientist" by coldplay for mikage?
... yeah idk, i'm terrible at thinking up songs on the spot ;;

7. What would your dueling rose color be, and why?
not sure if the colors have any significance or not, but... i'd like to be teal or dark blue :>

8. Are you a prince, a duelist, or a rose bride? (Interpret this question any way you want.)
probably a rose bride, tbh

9. Is there any situation in RGU that is similar to something you might have experienced?
keiko and her unrequited feelings for touga...
having to work up the courage just to say something innocuous or make an innocent gesture? man, i can relate to that.

10. Do you think waffles will make Saiyonji smile?
lawd, i hope so
i feel bad for that desperate little derp ):

Offline

 

#49 | Back to Top11-16-2010 05:47:35 PM

Like_Autumn
Network Ninja
Registered: 07-18-2007
Posts: 639
Website

Re: 10 Questions For Utena Fans

1. Why did you start reading/watching Revolutionary Girl Utena?

I wanted to get into more shoujo-ai, and the series was recommended to me. Of course, I fell in love with it for completely different reasons.

2. Which character would you have sex with and why?

Umm.... I don't know anymore if I'm bi or not, but Juri is apparently hot enough that my sexuality doesn't care. Not that I would ever have the confidence to even talk to her. Otherwise, no one, because they're all too screwed up.

3.Your favorite pairing and why!

The messed up ones, for the psychology. No, seriously, Utena/Anthy. It's touching.

4. If someone offered you a video tape of your favorite pairing doing romantic things (sex, fluff, whatever) what would you do to get it?

Haha, who needs a video when there's fanfic?! The imagination is sometimes better, you know....


5. What would you do if you found yourself magically whisked away to the universe of Ohtori Academy?

Look for shadows acting strangely when I walk around campus. Keep the hell away from Akio. Sneak to the dueling arena. Be a detective and look around everywhere for clues about what's going on.

6. What song do you think fits your favorite character/pairing?

*points to PJ Harvey* Just... look there for Juri. Tori Amos would probably work for Utena/Anthy. Oh, and I think "Maybe Not" by Cat Power fits Utena/Anthy, because it's all about freedom.

7. What would your dueling rose color be, and why?

Well, to match my hair it would have to be brown. I think it would be lavender.

8. Are you a prince, a duelist, or a rose bride?

Unfortunately, I think I'm a bit of a rose bride right now. I want to have the strength to be a prince, though.

9. Is there any situation in RGU that is similar to something you might have experienced?

Hmm. I used to like a guy who I thought had a sensitive side. The Saionji to my Wakaba, if you will. Otherwise, nothing that crazy has thankfully happened to me.

10. Do you think waffles will make Saionji smile?

Nothing makes Saionji smile emot-frown


Number 1 Shadow Girl Fan

Offline

 

#50 | Back to Top11-17-2010 08:44:48 AM

Artsychick
Touga Topper
From: Nova Scotia, Canada
Registered: 11-14-2010
Posts: 51
Website

Re: 10 Questions For Utena Fans

1. Why did you start reading/watching Revolutionary Girl Utena?

I first saw clips of it in AMV hell and looked it up, I started watching it because I had been on a shounen binge for way too long and needed something a bit more girly.

2. Which character would you have sex with and why?

Ruka, to be romanced properly instead of just jumping into bed with Akio.

3.Your favorite pairing and why!

Utena/Anthy because I can‘t deviate from the canon, but I personally believe that Miki/Nanami is the cutest thing ever.

4. If someone offered you a video tape of your favorite pairing doing romantic things (sex, fluff, whatever) what would you do to get it?

Hey what’s that over th- steals, runs. Awkward Miki/Nanami first date, yes please. etc-love

5. What would you do if you found yourself magically whisked away to the universe of Ohtori Academy?

Join the fencing club, teach Anthy to cook, get me some Touga on the side.

6. What song do you think fits your favorite character/pairing?

Love story by Taylor Swift for Utena/Anthy, although it can apply to most couples, it fits well with the prince and princess lyrics.

7. What would your dueling rose color be, and why?

Purple, mysterious like Anthy.

8. Are you a prince, a duelist, or a rose bride? (Interpret this question any way you want.)

A duellist, just because I have some sword training and I’m competitive, not to win the rose bride.

9. Is there any situation in RGU that is similar to something you might have experienced?

Not letting my gender hold me back from doing what I want.

10. Do you think waffles will make Saiyonji smile?

First he would confess his love to the waffles, then slap them around a little, then he would smile.


Roses, everywhere! Of every color! In your architecture! In your teacups! In your jam!

Offline

 

Board footer

Powered by PunBB 1.2.23
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB
Forum styled and maintained by Giovanna and Yasha
Return to Empty Movement