You are not logged in.

Gougai! Gougai!

HOLY SHIT PEOPLE, IT'S NOT BAD ENOUGH WE'RE GETTING AN UTENA EXHIBITION RIGHT NOW

THEY. ARE. MAKING. A. NEW. MUSICAL. NEXT. YEAR. START LOSING YOUR SHIT RIGHT NOW

#1 | Back to Top10-03-2007 02:35:42 PM

NajiMinkin
Hacker Ringleader
From: The Incredible Edible Egg
Registered: 06-23-2007
Posts: 2537

Gracefully Cruel: Who is the greatest evil?

It's fun to see people's views on which characters are misunderstood and which ones are just sockdologizing old man-traps.

So who is it that pushes your buttons the most?
Which one do you wish was a victim of Mikage's poptart experiment?


http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f64/_u_t_e_n_a_/100x100/starryklimtsig.png

Offline

 

#2 | Back to Top10-03-2007 02:57:00 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
From: North Carolina
Registered: 11-17-2006
Posts: 5086
Website

Re: Gracefully Cruel: Who is the greatest evil?

I hope this thread doesn't get too nasty.

Obviously, Ruka rubs me the wrong way, but I don't see him as the ultimate evil. If Shiori is misunderstood, I think that Ruka gets a bit of undeserved understanding. [That makes.... no sense at all.] It's not that Ruka himself really bothers me, but he is on pretty equal terms with Shiori, yet she gets all the blame while he gets all the praise. Originally, I didn't really dislike Ruka, and I'm trying to go back to that state of mind. But I think it's all just unfair. But hey, no one said that life was fair. I'm pushy and annoying, but I can't always get my way.

When I was an early fan, I really had a grudge against Touga. I hated the guy. This is no longer the case, but on the right day, I can get easily fed up with him. I still think he's pretty cruel, and I still don't see him as anyone's prince, but I have a better understanding of him, and I'm not keeping any negative feelings.

I find Tokiko rather pointless and bland.

Annnnnd... I think that's about it. None of these characters are "bad", and I don't consider them villains. But they aren't the highest on my list.


ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

Offline

 

#3 | Back to Top10-03-2007 03:31:17 PM

Jellineck
Wondrous Sexual Eggplant.
From: Under your bed
Registered: 08-02-2007
Posts: 894

Re: Gracefully Cruel: Who is the greatest evil?

I have a hate/love relationship with the character of Akio. So many intriguing pieces, so many beautiful veneers and facades, but nothing satisfying underneath. Not that I was fooled by his princely guise, nor am I the type to be impressed by such. But let me see if I can put this simply...it's like putting together a thousand piece jigsaw puzzle only to find out it's that damned goatse picture (if you don't know, don't ask).

Well, nowhere near that bad, but he's both an interesting and bland character. Let me put it this way...I could spout the greatest works of poetry and it would only vaguely amuse, yet if I hiked up my skirt and started doing naughty things - that'd probably catch his interest. He is a Dionysiac character incarnate, for all the Nietzsche fans out there, with a cleverly crafted Apolline facade. So not my least favorite character, but one that definitely gets me confused as to whether he's appealing or not.

My least favorite, though, is undoubtedly Touga. However, I don't really dislike him too much. In SKU, I have no distinctive least favorite characters. His transformation is subtle and interesting, and that's redemptive in my eyes. It's not that I dislike him for being a 'bad guy'. If anything, I tend to love the villains more than the heroes. I just find him less interesting than, say, Juri or Mikage. Then again, we never really see his own narrative (same with Akio), so it's harder to get a sense of him as a character.

Surprisingly, my least favorite at some times is Utena. She seems incredibly bland at some moments in contast with the other characters, on account of her naivete and her relative normality (that's not a word but oh well). Then the story progresses with her and Anthy, and she's fascinating all over again.


"You said you would do anything for me, right Mamiya?" Mikage purred as he slithered close. "Yes that's right" Mamiya said with a rosey blush. Mikage's smile was evil and cinister as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a banana. "Eeny meeny myny moo. I wonder where my banana will go?" - The Forbidden Passions of Nemuro

Offline

 

#4 | Back to Top10-03-2007 03:44:33 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress
From: Wuzzy Happy Akio Town (What?)
Registered: 10-17-2006
Posts: 4694

Re: Gracefully Cruel: Who is the greatest evil?

As of lately, I don't really have a least favorite character. I used to hate Ruka, but since my opinion on everything seems to change at least once a month, I actually kind of like him right now. He's my beloved pet goldfish, after all. Of course, that he still does have a pretty long list of doing things that piss me off, but every character has something I dislike about them, with the exception of Shiori, Kozue, Kanae... And I think that's all.

I guess that it's not really a matter of who my least favorite character is, it's more of what they do to piss me off.

Ruka: Self explanatory. He slept with Shiori, broke her heart, molested Juri. That doesn't win him a lot of points for me, but I still stand by my theory that he was trying to help their relationship (which would be making Juri's miracle come true, whereas convincing her that Shiori was no good would be more along the lines of trying to convince her that miracles don't exist,) so that wins him some points in my book.

Juri: I love Juri, but she does an amazing job at rubbing me the wrong way. Half the time, she gets on my nerves because she reminds me of people that I dislike in real life, and the other half she annoys me because she reminds me of images in the media. But I both love and hate those qualities in her.

Touga and Akio: I have issues with playboys, plain and simple. But eventually, I got used to them.

This list could go on and on, because like I said, the only characters that I have nothing against are Shiori, Kozue, and Touga.

Edit: I just noticed that on that last sentence, I accidentally wrote "Touga" instead of "Kanae..."

Last edited by Razara (10-03-2007 05:59:00 PM)

Offline

 

#5 | Back to Top10-03-2007 06:21:13 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Forum
From: Edmonton, AB
Registered: 10-12-2006
Posts: 8731
Website

Re: Gracefully Cruel: Who is the greatest evil?

Jellineck wrote:

But let me see if I can put this simply...it's like putting together a thousand piece jigsaw puzzle only to find out it's that damned goatse picture (if you don't know, don't ask).

Glorious.

You and I seem to see Akio and Touga the same way, we just differ on what we take out of it. emot-keke

For me, the 'worst' character is definitely Touga. He's worse than Akio. Why? Because he is human, and it makes him capable of a redemption Akio isn't, and yet he still doesn't do it. (Yes, yes, there's the whole ending duel. I don't consider that redemption, not with the way he still laid out the pieces trying to turn it to his advantage regardless of the result for Utena.) And you can't really seriously argue Akio has any emotional attachment to any of the people he turns inside out, but somewhere in the heart Touga's carefully choking to death, he really does care about Saionji and Nanami. It just...doesn't stop him.

Asshole.

etc-love

As for evil as in My Least Favorite....the vast majority of the time, Utena is my least favorite character. I find her insulting in the way only someone whose intentions are well-meaning can be. I'd go on about this, but it'll sound uh...familiar.


Also, do thou wear thine suits and cuffs, be thee male or no, for such attire doth please my girl parts. - Gios 3:15
Chiefest of Calamities

Offline

 

#6 | Back to Top10-03-2007 07:18:58 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
From: Canada
Registered: 10-20-2006
Posts: 4472
Website

Re: Gracefully Cruel: Who is the greatest evil?

One of the things I appreciate about SKU is that I love all of the characters. I'm not sure why this is, exactly, because a lot of them should annoy me, at least at certain parts. The first time I saw Unfulfilled Juri I didn't have a very high opinion of Shiori, but Thorns of Death changed that. Likewise Saionji could have been hatable before watching Wakaba Hath Flourished, after which I could never stay angry with him.

As to the thread title: In my opinion, the greatest evil is be a toss up between Anthy and Akio. Pretty much every character can be accused of at least one 'evil' action, so it's important to look at intent as well as the act itself. No one is more aware of the consequences to their actions that Akio and Anthy, nor is anyone else more mature in their motivation.

Akio can be described as an adult with a child's mentality, but it's not that he isn't mature. He's so old and jaded (for lack of a better word) that he's gone completely through moral adulthood and come out the other side. He's not immature because he's incapable of maturity, he's immature because it's fun. Most of his cruel acts are simply to amuse himself, how much more evil can you get? His justification, if he has any, is Anthy's torture by an uncaring world who would otherwise have demanded his sacrifice.

Speaking of which, Anthy as a result has far greater cause for her vengefulness; at the same time she's possibly more cruel. Akio plays within broad confines of social acceptability, he coerces and screws with people, but they're always willing participants on some level. Anthy does the same sort of thing with her passive-aggressive behavior, but she's also aggressive-aggresive (albeit subtly) to certain targets. She messes with Nanami constantly, far more than deserved, especially since Nanami's cruelty is probably by Anthy's own design.

... I think I trailed off into ranting territory two paragraphs ago, so I'm shutting up on character by character analysis.

Most evil characters:

Akio/Anthy > Mikage > Touga > Tsuwabuki > most everyone else.

Giovanna wrote:

For me, the 'worst' character is definitely Touga. He's worse than Akio. Why? Because he is human, and it makes him capable of a redemption Akio isn't, and yet he still doesn't do it.

Whether or not Akio is human, there's no reason he's incapable of redemption. If Anthy can escape her coffin so can he. The fact that he'd never, ever do that isn't because of a physical barrier, just pure selfishness. There's a happy medium between Dios and Akio. That's my take, anyway!


http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

Offline

 

#7 | Back to Top10-03-2007 07:35:52 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1
From: Sacramento, CA
Registered: 10-22-2006
Posts: 8858

Re: Gracefully Cruel: Who is the greatest evil?

Ragnarok wrote:

Akio/Anthy > Mikage > Touga > Tsuwabuki > most everyone else.

I'm just interested in why you think this about Tsuwabuki, assuming that you didn't just put him in there to amuse us.


Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

Offline

 

#8 | Back to Top10-03-2007 08:40:10 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
From: Canada
Registered: 10-20-2006
Posts: 4472
Website

Re: Gracefully Cruel: Who is the greatest evil?

Don't let him fool you, Tsuwabuki is quite evil! The only reason he's not higher on the list is the excuse of immaturity. He's young and naive, he's also pretty clever and ruthless. His ideal is to be cool like Touga, as defined by being Nanami's older brother, so his solution is to risk Nanami's life for the purpose of saving her and usurping Touga's position. It's a child's reasoning, similar to a young Nanami solving her kitten problem with a cardboard box and a drainage ditch. Nanami immediatly regrets her action, while Mitsuru is ready to repeat the process when it seems to have failed.

He spies, lies and plots contingency plans for any disastor befalling Nanami, to make it a stepping stone for his own gain. Keiko, Aiko and Yuuko follow Nanami because they want to be close to Touga. Their motivation is somewhat deceitful, but they're at least loyal. Mitsuru doesn't assist Nanami because he just wants to be near her or to please her on that virtue alone. His motivation is that Nanami is the object through which he can become what he desires: her cool older brother. He doesn't show her any genuine affection nor does he go out of his way to make her life easier unless it's to further his own ambition. His devoution to her is based only on what she can do for him, no different than the general concept which the seitokai have for the Rose Bride.


http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

Offline

 

#9 | Back to Top10-03-2007 09:27:07 PM

brian
Atlantean Singer
Registered: 10-22-2006
Posts: 588

Re: Gracefully Cruel: Who is the greatest evil?

Chu-chu = Jar-jar.

Offline

 

#10 | Back to Top10-04-2007 01:11:36 AM

dlaire
A Whole Orange
From: Poland
Registered: 04-08-2007
Posts: 2322

Re: Gracefully Cruel: Who is the greatest evil?

For me? Anthy. I think that her manipulations doesn't have end - she's witch even in the very last episode, last scene. I know that her stabbing was similiar to the Brutus's action (he did this for his country and he killed himself after stabbing his friend) but I still don't like her. She took Utena's hand because it was positive for her. The cleverest puppet master ever.

Offline

 

#11 | Back to Top10-04-2007 07:26:07 AM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist
From: Portugal
Registered: 09-10-2007
Posts: 741

Re: Gracefully Cruel: Who is the greatest evil?

It is a toss between Akio and Anthy for me. One can make a case for Anthy being more evil because we can see that she is intentionally and subtly cruel to virtually everyone. Akio stands aloof for the most part and does not actively interact with the rest of the cast to the extent that Anthy does. Little details, such as Anthy giving Juri the orange rose or wiping off her glasses with Kanae's scarf (although we only hear of this, but still) point to a great malevolence that seems more personally focuses than Akio's masterplan. On the other hand it could be that Anthy, being the Rose Bride and the victim of eternal pain, understand suffering in a way that no one else does and the reason why she acts so passively vicious is because she deems others' torment to be nothing compared to hers. Of course this is more guess work than anything else.

Offline

 

#12 | Back to Top10-04-2007 11:36:06 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1
From: Sacramento, CA
Registered: 10-22-2006
Posts: 8858

Re: Gracefully Cruel: Who is the greatest evil?

The only reason I consider Akio to be more evil than Anthy is that in the end Anthy chooses to redeem herself while Akio does not.


Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

Offline

 

#13 | Back to Top10-04-2007 03:44:30 PM

NajiMinkin
Hacker Ringleader
From: The Incredible Edible Egg
Registered: 06-23-2007
Posts: 2537

Re: Gracefully Cruel: Who is the greatest evil?

Giovanna wrote:

As for evil as in My Least Favorite....the vast majority of the time, Utena is my least favorite character. I find her insulting in the way only someone whose intentions are well-meaning can be.

Yeah, Utena is the one I find the most irksome. Overall, I love her as a character (she had the right idea when she was younger and when she "died") but her personality embodies the things I dislike most in a person.

It's the whole "innocently cruel" bag. Shiori doesn't bother me because that part of her personality is frowned upon, but with Utena it sort of gets glorified. Her quest to become a prince is, as they say, "all well and good, but so impressed was she by the prince" that she stepped all over everyone around her and acted like she was Queen-Goody-Two-Shoes-Shit.

Little of what Utena does seems genuinely selfless. Her entire quest to make Anthy happy, befriended, and "normal" was to make herself look better. And she's such a little know it all!

I guess she herself said it best.

Scripts wrote:

Utena:  I didn't realize your suffering.
Utena:  Instead, I just kept on pretending to be the Prince who could save you.
Utena:  I was just being conceited about protecting you.
Utena:  And when I saw you and Akio-san together...I even thought you had betrayed me.
Utena:  When you were suffering so much...when I had said we should save each other...
Utena:  I'm the one who's unfair. I'm the one who's dirty.
Utena:  I'm the one who betrayed you.

Of course, the real reason that bothers me is that it's my own worst weakness. emot-rolleyes

Really, I don't feel that there is a "greatest evil" in SKU. Even Anthy and Akio are too psychologically disturbed to qualify as "evil" in my book.
It's like looking for the sweetest grain of sugar.


http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f64/_u_t_e_n_a_/100x100/starryklimtsig.png

Offline

 

#14 | Back to Top10-04-2007 04:17:35 PM

Jellineck
Wondrous Sexual Eggplant.
From: Under your bed
Registered: 08-02-2007
Posts: 894

Re: Gracefully Cruel: Who is the greatest evil?

Anthy is by far the most disturbing character in my book, but Akio is infinitely worse. Why? He's not a victim. His sister made sure of that. True, he's sealed into his world, but he doesn't seem to have any honest intentions of escaping. Rather, he seems to enjoy his position immensely. What's not to enjoy? For a man who pursues sensual and material gain above all else, Ohtori is all he really needs. He thinks his subjects simple for seeking anything more abstract - hence the world of illusions.

Yet he does not even know what he is trying to acquire with his manipulations. For all we know, he plays the same game again and again, with always the same results. So either he is too blind to his own situation to realize that the supposed illusions are the only thing that would allow his escape, or he just enjoys playing the game too much to care what the result is. Simply put, he's either an idiot or a sadist. So those who say that at least he manipulates for a cause...what cause? He doesn't even know what he's working for, and yet everyone around him suffers for it.

Especially Anthy. Anthy realized that one person couldn't exist as the world's sacrifice forever. Because he wasn't strong enough to step out of his cage himself, she tried to do it for him. She may have robbed the world of its prince, but then the world (symbolic of Ohtori) has to realize that it cannot rely on a prince to save them. So she takes Dios's punishment for his cowardice and suffers for it. Akio, far from rewarding her, trusses her up as a slave and tosses her around as a piece of property in an open mockey of a princess. That's what she always wanted, wasn't it?

Some gratitude there. Meanwhile, like Road Runner, Akio jumps into his car and flees trouble off into the sunset with a merry "Meep! Meep!"

You and I seem to see Akio and Touga the same way, we just differ on what we take out of it.

Not too sure about that, at least for Akio. Even realizing what an asshole Akio is, fully and completely, I still find him a rather addictive and attractive character. Touga not so much.

And you can't really seriously argue Akio has any emotional attachment to any of the people he turns inside out, but somewhere in the heart Touga's carefully choking to death, he really does care about Saionji and Nanami. It just...doesn't stop him.

I would argue that Touga sees those people as fully and completely 'his'. Mainly because they remain near him even after he has played some of his cruelest mindgames. He considers them mainly property, to be played with but never let out of his power. Notably, he keeps Nanami from transferring out of the school and he takes over manipulation of Saionji personally. Both of them he initiates a degree of sexuality towards, though with Nanami I perceive it as more of an attempt to be like Akio.

That part where he tries to kiss Nanami, but almost rather reluctantly, shows me that he really does care. He wants to show Akio he is ruthless and can take advantage of his sibling's dependence and adoration, but he has difficulty forcing himself to do it. When Nanami pushes him away, his anger comes from confusion as to what she wants, but he doesn't push the matter any further.

Whoa. Randomly analyzed both of the stuck-up perv boys there in one sitting. I feel rather delightfully dirty.

Last edited by Jellineck (10-04-2007 04:29:33 PM)


"You said you would do anything for me, right Mamiya?" Mikage purred as he slithered close. "Yes that's right" Mamiya said with a rosey blush. Mikage's smile was evil and cinister as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a banana. "Eeny meeny myny moo. I wonder where my banana will go?" - The Forbidden Passions of Nemuro

Offline

 

#15 | Back to Top10-05-2007 02:59:44 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Forum
From: Edmonton, AB
Registered: 10-12-2006
Posts: 8731
Website

Re: Gracefully Cruel: Who is the greatest evil?

Ragnarok wrote:

Whether or not Akio is human, there's no reason he's incapable of redemption. If Anthy can escape her coffin so can he. The fact that he'd never, ever do that isn't because of a physical barrier, just pure selfishness. There's a happy medium between Dios and Akio. That's my take, anyway!

Oh no no, I'm sorry, I wasn't being clear. I'm not saying Akio's not capable of redemption, it's more that he's so much less so. Perhaps you could put Akio on even keel with Touga if you go back to when he first turned? It seems natural to assume Akio was, at some point, about as close to redeeming himself as Touga is in the series, but by these events the odds Akio's going to go 'SHIT I'VE BEEN DOING THIS WRONG ALL ALONG. emot-frown' just seem really slim.

Jellineck wrote:

I would argue that Touga sees those people as fully and completely 'his'. Mainly because they remain near him even after he has played some of his cruelest mindgames. He considers them mainly property, to be played with but never let out of his power.

Ohhh, good point. Doesn't save his ass any, but yes, he does seem to think of them as property. Quite a proponent of social Darwinism, huh? Survival of the fittest--if you make it your position in the chain to be food for his ilk, then you're going to be consumed. Nanami and Saionji both in their own ways do an excellent job making themselves Tougafood.

BTW, I like how nowadays almost no one names Saionji among the worst of the characters. Despite the beating Anthy around like he's trying to get candy to fall out of her.


Also, do thou wear thine suits and cuffs, be thee male or no, for such attire doth please my girl parts. - Gios 3:15
Chiefest of Calamities

Offline

 

#16 | Back to Top10-05-2007 04:18:02 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
From: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Registered: 10-15-2006
Posts: 6018
Website

Re: Gracefully Cruel: Who is the greatest evil?

I want you all to know that you are wrong. That frog is the greatest evil ever.

THAT. DAMN. FROG.

http://ohtori.nu/forumstuff/BAHAHA.jpg


Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

Offline

 

#17 | Back to Top10-05-2007 02:59:14 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
From: Minami Goushuu
Registered: 10-17-2006
Posts: 14280
Website

Re: Gracefully Cruel: Who is the greatest evil?

This is the true mastermind of the whole story.  emot-tongueemot-tongue

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/spatulasama/hamtaro.jpg

Just because you didn't see this guy in the show doesn't change the fact that he is PURE EVVVVIL! school-chef

Offline

 

#18 | Back to Top10-05-2007 05:21:04 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress
From: Wuzzy Happy Akio Town (What?)
Registered: 10-17-2006
Posts: 4694

Re: Gracefully Cruel: Who is the greatest evil?

Tamago wrote:

This is the true mastermind of the whole story.  emot-tongueemot-tongue

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/ … amtaro.jpg

Just because you didn't see this guy in the show doesn't change the fact that he is PURE EVVVVIL! school-chef

HAMTARO KILLED RUKA!

He probably transmitted the virus to Ruka because he tried to play with Hamtaro while his cage was dirty, just like on The Sims. Then he must have gotten the virus and died. He probably got Mr. Ohtori, too.

Truly that is an evil hamster!

Offline

 

#19 | Back to Top10-05-2007 05:37:27 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner
From: Louisiana
Registered: 12-17-2006
Posts: 2916

Re: Gracefully Cruel: Who is the greatest evil?

Yasha wrote:

I want you all to know that you are wrong. That frog is the greatest evil ever.

THAT. DAMN. FROG.

http://ohtori.nu/forumstuff/BAHAHA.jpg

Clearly it's the evolutionary ancestor to the Hypnotoad. emot-rofl


Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

Offline

 

#20 | Back to Top10-05-2007 06:02:39 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1
From: Sacramento, CA
Registered: 10-22-2006
Posts: 8858

Re: Gracefully Cruel: Who is the greatest evil?

Razara wrote:

HAMTARO KILLED RUKA!

He probably transmitted the virus to Ruka because he tried to play with Hamtaro while his cage was dirty, just like on The Sims. Then he must have gotten the virus and died. He probably got Mr. Ohtori, too.

Truly that is an evil hamster!

I think you've got it! That's why Ruka died!

I don't like Ruka much, really. He hits far too close to home for my liking. But for that same reason I can't condemn him.


Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

Offline

 

#21 | Back to Top10-06-2007 02:14:50 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
From: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Registered: 10-15-2006
Posts: 6018
Website

Re: Gracefully Cruel: Who is the greatest evil?

Raven Nightshade wrote:

Clearly it's the evolutionary ancestor to the Hypnotoad. emot-rofl

I bet it's the same toad. It's just that his powers have evolved. emot-mad


Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

Offline

 

#22 | Back to Top10-06-2007 05:43:01 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
From: Minami Goushuu
Registered: 10-17-2006
Posts: 14280
Website

Re: Gracefully Cruel: Who is the greatest evil?

Do you really need any more evidence that Chu-Chu is truly the EVIL one than this disturbing revelation?

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/spatulasama/teletubbieschu.jpg

I REST MY CASE!

Last edited by Tamago (10-06-2007 05:43:28 AM)

Offline

 

#23 | Back to Top10-06-2007 12:07:37 PM

Rae
Black Rosarian
Registered: 01-10-2007
Posts: 390

Re: Gracefully Cruel: Who is the greatest evil?

Giovanna wrote:

As for evil as in My Least Favorite....the vast majority of the time, Utena is my least favorite character. I find her insulting in the way only someone whose intentions are well-meaning can be. I'd go on about this, but it'll sound uh...familiar.

You only get that out of a true Utena fan, huh? When I first watched/read the series, I was always rooting for her. That's supposed to be your initial reaction. Then again, after multiple viewings, I get extremely annoyed that someone like her is just so naive.

Offline

 

#24 | Back to Top10-06-2007 01:11:09 PM

Jellineck
Wondrous Sexual Eggplant.
From: Under your bed
Registered: 08-02-2007
Posts: 894

Re: Gracefully Cruel: Who is the greatest evil?

Tamago, that picture made me spit out my drink all over the keyboard and burst my guts right through my stomach. I hope you're happy.


"You said you would do anything for me, right Mamiya?" Mikage purred as he slithered close. "Yes that's right" Mamiya said with a rosey blush. Mikage's smile was evil and cinister as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a banana. "Eeny meeny myny moo. I wonder where my banana will go?" - The Forbidden Passions of Nemuro

Offline

 

#25 | Back to Top10-06-2007 01:54:24 PM

Stephanie
Yasha Assassin #1
From: Philippines
Registered: 10-01-2007
Posts: 615
Website

Re: Gracefully Cruel: Who is the greatest evil?

Tamago wrote:

Do you really need any more evidence that Chu-Chu is truly the EVIL one than this disturbing revelation?

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/spatulasama/teletubbieschu.jpg

I REST MY CASE!

lol, omg I didn't notice Chu Chu looks like teh Teletubies emot-rofl


http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/Chosen_entity/Etcetera/621ed118do3-1.jpg
"..No matter how hard we want to close our eyes, there's a whole world out there
Bigger than ourselves and our dreams.."
~FMA

Maria-sama Forum, My YouTube Account

Offline

 

Board footer

Powered by PunBB 1.2.23
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB
Forum styled and maintained by Giovanna and Yasha
Return to Empty Movement