You are not logged in.

Gougai! Gougai!

HOLY SHIT PEOPLE, IT'S NOT BAD ENOUGH WE'RE GETTING AN UTENA EXHIBITION RIGHT NOW

THEY. ARE. MAKING. A. NEW. MUSICAL. NEXT. YEAR. START LOSING YOUR SHIT RIGHT NOW

#151 | Back to Top05-04-2007 02:19:47 PM

beautifulpanther
Qualified Duellist
Website

Re: Movies

Watched "My neighbour Totoro" today... overwhelming. Really love the movies of Ghibli studios etc-love Time to get the soundtrack someday...

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/NicoRobin1985/wheebanner2.jpg
Bianca   *1989 - +14.09.2007

"A duel against a feather has nothing to do with provocation or letting you look like a fool. Duelling the feather, the essence of all art and truth written down on paper, is a duel against your inner self to find security and cognition" (İOctavian)

#152 | Back to Top05-04-2007 03:58:22 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

beautifulpanther wrote:

Watched "My neighbour Totoro" today... overwhelming. Really love the movies of Ghibli studios etc-love Time to get the soundtrack someday...

That one I missed, it looks a little too kiddy somehow.  On the other hand, I've seen at least half a dozen Ghibli movies, and adored them all, so I should probably check it out?  But tonight I think I'll rewatch SKU the Musical.  poptartpoptartpoptart

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#153 | Back to Top05-04-2007 04:04:53 PM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

morosemocha wrote:

If you want spoilers, ask away, and I'll post in white

I'll take a spoiler, please! Of course, I have yet to watch even Spiderman One. Sentimental story, really. Just the way I have never watched Scream, the original, all though I am the horror movie queen. My cousin who passed away, had a tradition, a horrible habit, I should say, of RUINING the entire movie by telling me in detail everything that happened from beginning to end. I KNOW what happened in Scream, but I won't watch it now, because it's just a cool little thing I do, in respect of his memory, of his stupid habit of spoiling all the movies. Well, he spoiled the Spiderman for me too! So, since that was his favorite, I should watch them, I just haven't. ANYWAY, after that huge slice of my life story (good luck with that baggage, heh), I insist on a Spiderman 3 spoiler. After all, I have to impress the little kids with my superior knowledge about Venom and stuff... emot-keke

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#154 | Back to Top05-04-2007 04:05:12 PM

beautifulpanther
Qualified Duellist
Website

Stormcrow wrote:

beautifulpanther wrote:

That one I missed, it looks a little too kiddy somehow.  On the other hand, I've seen at least half a dozen Ghibli movies, and adored them all, so I should probably check it out?  But tonight I think I'll rewatch SKU the Musical.  poptartpoptartpoptart

kiddy? maybe. But the movie is precious on it's own way... emot-smile well, it simply caught me from the beginning, don'T even know why, but it has something special like any other ghibli-movie emot-keke

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/NicoRobin1985/wheebanner2.jpg
Bianca   *1989 - +14.09.2007

"A duel against a feather has nothing to do with provocation or letting you look like a fool. Duelling the feather, the essence of all art and truth written down on paper, is a duel against your inner self to find security and cognition" (İOctavian)

#155 | Back to Top05-04-2007 05:36:01 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Stormcrow wrote:

beautifulpanther wrote:

Anyone who finds fault in Totoro after watching it either never had a childhood or has no soul! emot-mad

That is all. cool

Last edited by Imaginary Bad Bug (05-04-2007 05:37:03 PM)

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#156 | Back to Top05-04-2007 05:38:58 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Imaginary Bad Bug wrote:

Stormcrow wrote:

beautifulpanther wrote:

Anyone who finds fault in Totoro after watching it either never had a childhood or has no soul! emot-mad

That is all. cool

Imagine how many people will cry when Miyazaki dies... It's a horrible thing to think about, but it's bound to happen emot-gonk
I wish he could do one more stunning thing before then, though...

#157 | Back to Top05-04-2007 07:37:05 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I just watched The Holy Grail. I also rented Pirates of the Caribbeans, but I accidentally rented the second one instead of the first.

It was a good movie... Just not the type I'd want to rewatch, which could be interpreted as a bad movie, but it was still okay. Just not as good as the first, in my opinion, anyway. Elizabeth was pretty much the highlight of the movie.

And what was with the cliffhanger at the end? emot-gonk

#158 | Back to Top05-04-2007 07:48:32 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Razara wrote:

It was a good movie... Just not the type I'd want to rewatch, which could be interpreted as a bad movie, but it was still okay. Just not as good as the first, in my opinion, anyway. Elizabeth was pretty much the highlight of the movie.

That's what part three this summer is for.  The second and third were filmed consecutively, and are supposed to be a two-part movie.

You're right though.  Great cinema these movies are not.  But, they succeed with their intended purpose: shut brain off, have fun for 2 and a half hours without having to interpret anything.  These are one-level movies... "Fluff", if you will. what you see is what you get. emot-biggrin  But it's good fluff.  I've liked the two out so far, though I found Curse of the Black Pearl to be lacking in focus and/or plodding at times.

Last edited by Imaginary Bad Bug (05-04-2007 07:52:40 PM)

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#159 | Back to Top05-05-2007 06:34:38 AM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Frosty wrote:

morosemocha wrote:

If you want spoilers, ask away, and I'll post in white

I'll take a spoiler, please! Of course, I have yet to watch even Spiderman One. Sentimental story, really. Just the way I have never watched Scream, the original, all though I am the horror movie queen. My cousin who passed away, had a tradition, a horrible habit, I should say, of RUINING the entire movie by telling me in detail everything that happened from beginning to end. I KNOW what happened in Scream, but I won't watch it now, because it's just a cool little thing I do, in respect of his memory, of his stupid habit of spoiling all the movies. Well, he spoiled the Spiderman for me too! So, since that was his favorite, I should watch them, I just haven't. ANYWAY, after that huge slice of my life story (good luck with that baggage, heh), I insist on a Spiderman 3 spoiler. After all, I have to impress the little kids with my superior knowledge about Venom and stuff... emot-keke

It was without a doubt one of the most painful experiences ever. The whole thing is riddled with subtextual homoeroticism, and I mean riddled. It was funny at first, but after a while... man, it was pretty bad. Harry's death scene makes me mad. I was so pissed that he died, because James Franco is far easier on the eyes then Tobey Maguire. Also, Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane is just as mediocre an actor as the character herself is. They did stay pretty close to the origins for most everything tho. And Venom? Venom kicked ass beyond belief. In fact, sleep through everything, go to the bathroom during the two, count 'em two, awful dance montages, and pay close attention everytime Eddie Brock/Venom is on screen. The scenes towards the end where you actually get to see him kicking ass is so  fucking awesome.

Also, I got so pissed off 'cause everytime Spidey was all evil, he pushed his hair into his face. emot-mad WTF? We know you're going evil because... you're emo? I guess that's another gripe with the movie, it's just so damned... not entertaining, and it's really hard to take as the kind of commentary that I think Raimi intends for it to be. And he didn't really go all evil. emot-frown He just went angry. And wore an all black suit and emo hair.... I swear some parts of it made me think of a My Chemical Romance video.

Maybe not spoilerriffic...kay, how about this: The guy that Spidey accidentally killed in the first movie thinking that was Uncle Ben's killer, was innocent (more or less)! Spidey killed an innocent(ish) man! uh oh! Definite repercussions!

Last edited by morosemocha (05-05-2007 06:36:40 AM)

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#160 | Back to Top05-05-2007 06:53:32 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Forum
Website

Razara wrote:

I also rented Pirates of the Caribbeans, but I accidentally rented the second one instead of the first.

I liked the first a whole lot more, frankly. The second seemed to try too hard to capitalize on the characters. I swear at moments I could see Depp fighting onscreen with the director trying not to make Jack a caricature of Jack. As far as the cliffhanger, I can't talk about any part of that without making it sound like a warped version of SKU what with the witch and the apple and being taken to World's End. emot-rolleyes Still, I'm hoping for the third, since I actually liked Barbossa as much as Jack, although the latter is a lot more sexable.

Spidey 3

I know nothing at all about Spiderman's story, although I'm happy to see that piece of ass from the first one is back. emot-biggrin Selling point? Probably not...

In other news, Elizabeth is getting a sequel later this year! FAP ALL DAY FOR ME. ...anyone else? emot-wink Fine, I'll be the sucker for historical dramas with stellar casts. emot-mad

Also, do thou wear thine suits and cuffs, be thee male or no, for such attire doth please my girl parts. - Gios 3:15
Chiefest of Calamities

#161 | Back to Top05-05-2007 06:54:42 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Hiraku wrote:

Imaginary Bad Bug wrote:

Stormcrow wrote:

That is all. cool

Imagine how many people will cry when Miyazaki dies... It's a horrible thing to think about, but it's bound to happen emot-gonk

Is he unwell?emot-frownemot-frownemot-frown

-Truck North

#162 | Back to Top05-05-2007 07:04:03 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Giovanna wrote:

In other news, Elizabeth is getting a sequel later this year! FAP ALL DAY FOR ME. ...anyone else? emot-wink Fine, I'll be the sucker for historical dramas with stellar casts. emot-mad

I'm both excited and afraid at the same time...not entirely a bad thing, emot-winkElizabeth is one of my favorite movies, and probably my favorite historical drama.  I enjoy history (shocking, I know), but movies about it are often just excuses for the costumes.  Now obviously, since I'm posting on this particular forum, I love costumes, but I like a little plot, and some atmosphere other than "don't we all look good".  So a well-done sequel would be a joy, but I wonder what the subject matter will be.  Victoria? emot-gonkemot-gonkemot-gonk

-Truck North

#163 | Back to Top05-05-2007 10:14:13 AM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Stormcrow wrote:

Hiraku wrote:

Is he unwell?emot-frownemot-frownemot-frown

Naw, he's working on his next film as we speak! emot-keke

I think Hiraku was speaking in general terms.  Miyazaki's still got a lot of kick in him... Spirited Away was going to be his last film, but here we are, with Howl's Moving Castle in the bag and Ponyo on a Cliff on the way! cool

Last edited by Imaginary Bad Bug (05-05-2007 10:15:25 AM)

#164 | Back to Top05-06-2007 06:24:41 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

37 days until Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is released in theaters.

I forgot all about Harry Potter until recently, so I didn't even know about this until just the other day.

This movie is going to be awesome. With Goblet of Fire, they were trying to keep it PG, but they failed. With this one, they aren't trying for PG anymore, so they aren't going to cut stuff out. I don't know how they expected to keep the last one PG, anyway. Cedric dies, and then you've got that torture curse. It's not exactly stuff kids should see.

#165 | Back to Top05-06-2007 06:59:25 PM

Emiemipoemi
Troublesome Insect

Imaginary Bad Bug wrote:

Stormcrow wrote:

beautifulpanther wrote:

That is all. cool

Every single Miyazaki movie I have ever seen makes me cry somehow. And Totoro was the first movie of his I ever saw. I think I cried three times watching it. Not from being sad, mind you! Because it is SO HAPPY. It's still my favorite Miyazaki film.

#166 | Back to Top05-07-2007 10:45:56 AM

Personal_IceQueen
Covert Diarist
Website

Spiderman 3- fucking waste of my $10.75 *really pissed* who says "Shazaam?" .......grr

excited about Transformers...oh yeah

"Those shoes are mine betch."

#167 | Back to Top05-07-2007 04:17:41 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Transformers! More then meets the eye!

I'm really excited about it. Yeeeeeeeah, Spider-man...not so much? Damn 10.75 for a movie ticket? That's crazy. emot-aaa

#168 | Back to Top05-07-2007 06:54:18 PM

Personal_IceQueen
Covert Diarist
Website

yeah....and the guy was like "oh its totally worth it"

fuck you ticket sales man

but yeah...Transformers:grin:

#169 | Back to Top05-07-2007 07:12:56 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

What was so bad about the new Spiderman movie?

I saw the first two in theaters. I forget why I saw the first one, I saw the second one with a guy, and I wanted to see the third one since I had seen the other two, but I've been hearing nothing but bad things about it. I hear that even the Spiderman 3 game sucked.

#170 | Back to Top05-08-2007 01:11:00 PM

Personal_IceQueen
Covert Diarist
Website

^

It's bad because it seems as if the actors don't want to play the parts anymore, and there is nothing..I mean nothing original in the entire movie, everything has already been done and...it's just ...gah!

#171 | Back to Top05-10-2007 05:00:56 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Okay, so my slow ass finally got to see Grindhouse today. WHAT THE HELL TOOK ME SO LONG?!?!?!?!?!

The whole thing was made of win, cheese, and God! I honestly couldn't tell you which half I liked better, but I do know this..

etc-loveetc-loveetc-love I want Sydney Poitier's hair!!! (Yes, she's Sidney Poitier's daughter.) etc-loveetc-loveetc-love

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#172 | Back to Top05-10-2007 07:43:18 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

emot-keke^ Isn't she just fabulous? emot-keke emot-keke emot-keke

#173 | Back to Top05-11-2007 11:36:16 AM

Personal_IceQueen
Covert Diarist
Website

^ Jungle Julia...yerp Grindhouse is way cool

#174 | Back to Top05-11-2007 04:50:49 PM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

I just went to see spiderman on wednesday. When a friend told me he had turned a happy emo I never imagined he was refering to the hair emot-gonk He only missed the converse shoes... emot-gonk

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1390/firmautenaji0.jpg

#175 | Back to Top05-11-2007 04:56:48 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Romanticide wrote:

I just went to see spiderman on wednesday. When a friend told me he had turned a happy emo I never imagined he was refering to the hair emot-gonk He only missed the converse shoes... emot-gonk

I'm not sure I want to see this movie anymore. emot-frown

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

Board footer