You are not logged in.

Gougai! Gougai!

October 22: Brand new site update live now! Tons of gorgeous new artwork including CHIBIS. Go get them! Plus more doujinshi and two new books in Historia Arcana!

#376 | Back to Top07-27-2017 10:45:48 AM

LadyButterflyNebula
Rose Smilee
From: Arkansas
Registered: 03-23-2017
Posts: 134
Website

Re: New Utena stuff

HonorableShadow wrote:

Utena cafe drinks!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFAXCe6UwAAj_MH.jpg
https://twitter.com/animate_cafe/status … 1321329664

I have to say I'm really liking this trend of older animes getting the "new anime" treatment during their anniversaries. It's nice to see them getting cafes and new merchandise.

The detail with the sword though Anthy's crown is too cute!~

Yasha wrote:

MANLY SODA

IT SAYS MANLY SODA seriously Saionji can you even etc-saiowank etc-saiowank etc-saiowank

I think I might try making a few of these. You know, with alcohol. I'm quite amused that Akio doesn't have a drink, given this looks rather similar to the dumbass drink he's sipping in the last episode. emot-rolleyes

XD I also noted that Juri doesn't have a drink.  It would have been so easy!  Orange flavors everywhere.

Yasha wrote:

Hay translator people! What does this say, and/or what should I call it when I upload it? It's a book with character designs, interviews, and some comics involving bePapas. I don't know what to call this. Gonna by honest, I'm kind of uh..compromised at the moment and can't recall who gave it to me either.

Yep. I waste perfectly good altered states on working on the website for some reason??? ??

http://imgur.com/a/YTHVC

Edit GOD DAMMIT, THIS IS GIO I keep fucking forgetting Yasha's signed in wtf

Inebriation is my general state state of being.  I get ALL THE THINGS done. lol.

edit: put two posts together

Last edited by LadyButterflyNebula (07-27-2017 10:53:18 AM)


Usubeni midarete manatsu no yo no yume yume
Tobitatsu kagerou koi kogarerou
Anata wo omoeba yume ni yume ni yume miru
Afureru yorokobi towa ni towa ni

Offline

 

#377 | Back to Top07-27-2017 11:09:41 AM

Anthiena
Egghead
From: ...the space between your ears
Registered: 10-21-2006
Posts: 1106

Re: New Utena stuff

Man, it's been too long since I've seen the show. I really wish though more signs were translated. Most of them aren't in the old subs and that's bothersome. I really wish I didn't have to read along with the Utena Encyclopedia translations at points. It's too late for the worst offender (Saionji's expulsion notice) but adding those would be great.


I stopped seeking to be sought after. That wasn't being true to myself.
I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Ikuni

Offline

 

#378 | Back to Top07-27-2017 02:11:13 PM

LadyButterflyNebula
Rose Smilee
From: Arkansas
Registered: 03-23-2017
Posts: 134
Website

Re: New Utena stuff

https://twitter.com/p_bandai/status/889699288460046336

Look at this stationary set!  So gorgeous! emot-gonk Why does everything amazing come out when I'm flat ass broke? .·´¯`(>▂<)´¯`·.

http://p-bandai.jp/sun-star-st/utena-20 … _medium=tw

The site design is really cute though!  Wish they would make English sites so I could buy directly from them rather than third party (also I wanna know what is says as I scroll down!  So mysterious!)

edit: added a link to the stationary page that is somewhat interactive

Last edited by LadyButterflyNebula (07-27-2017 02:35:00 PM)


Usubeni midarete manatsu no yo no yume yume
Tobitatsu kagerou koi kogarerou
Anata wo omoeba yume ni yume ni yume miru
Afureru yorokobi towa ni towa ni

Offline

 

#379 | Back to Top07-28-2017 12:39:28 PM

At Times, Love Is
Touga Topper
Registered: 04-29-2016
Posts: 59

Re: New Utena stuff

Giovanna wrote:

I have it, and I have it scanned. emot-smile It will be in the new section of the site, but I actually already have a copy uploaded. In retrospect I should have left it higher resolution, the kanji is hard to read in spots. I have the actual book so if you need, let me know page numbers and I'll scan them better for you. Eventually I might do it in higher resolution but there's way too much other stuff to get done first.

Thanks!
If I were to try and translate it myself, though, I'd have to get the book anyway. I don't know kanji, so I have to use the camera on Google translate mobile and then copypaste the characters to more reliable sites to figure out any of what's being said. It's hard, and it's even harder for me with scans than with physical text because Google translate only recognizes kanji if they're really clear and precise.

I do eventually want to buy it for sure, but if nobody here had it it'd be the next thing I'd buy so that it could be translated sooner; as it is, I don't plan to buy anything I have to translate myself (other than of course the new CD) until I've gotten more of the Seazer lyrics at geocities.co.jp/Hollywood-Kouen/6490/mi … aseba.html done (or as done as I can get them).

Offline

 

#380 | Back to Top07-28-2017 09:03:07 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Forum
From: Edmonton, AB
Registered: 10-12-2006
Posts: 8712
Website

Re: New Utena stuff

Ahh, well that's fair. The analysis book I'm scanning now is going to be so high resolution that the OCR I use should read everything crystal clear. That's why I'm probably going to rescan the other one at some point as well.

What the fuck is this???

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/l362693640


Also, do thou wear thine suits and cuffs, be thee male or no, for such attire doth please my girl parts. - Gios 3:15
Chiefest of Calamities

Offline

 

#381 | Back to Top07-29-2017 01:14:02 AM

At Times, Love Is
Touga Topper
Registered: 04-29-2016
Posts: 59

Re: New Utena stuff

Giovanna wrote:

What the fuck is this???

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/l362693640

Google translate actually churned out some coherent sentences in this case (well, two):

★ It is an exhibition of 3 copied prints sold at the Girl Revolutionary Utena Expo.

☆ The 1st piece of images is a duplicate print of 2 sets.

The second piece is a 'duplicate print' featuring Miki and Kozue.

So I guess since the first piece has two sets that's three in all.

There's also something about a Mikage poster; I don't know if that's one of the prints or an additional thing.

It looks like this person has considered that some people might want to see the contents of the package, & there's a questions column that can be used to ask for that.

They are brand new and "super valuable!!!"

!!! They are autographed!!

They are framed (they came that way).

Offline

 

#382 | Back to Top07-29-2017 04:38:09 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Forum
From: Edmonton, AB
Registered: 10-12-2006
Posts: 8712
Website

Re: New Utena stuff

40k is a little much...

But if that's how valuable those things are then the one I did obtain is like thousands? That doesn't sound right...

I wish I could know more. I can't believe they're seriously considering them that valuable and they've been on Yahoo for ages now... Or is it duplicate sets as in like a couple dozen of them?? Wtf!

Unless these are literally the cels for the actual series artwork the price just doesn't make sense...


Also, do thou wear thine suits and cuffs, be thee male or no, for such attire doth please my girl parts. - Gios 3:15
Chiefest of Calamities

Offline

 

#383 | Back to Top07-29-2017 04:40:23 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Forum
From: Edmonton, AB
Registered: 10-12-2006
Posts: 8712
Website

Re: New Utena stuff

Even autographed! I'm guessing because they came with the frames it's those framed lithograph thingies of the... I think dvd covers? I have the one with Touga and Nanami on the table in front of him. I once saw the Miki and Kozue one but no others, including the Saionji one I'd skin babies for....


Also, do thou wear thine suits and cuffs, be thee male or no, for such attire doth please my girl parts. - Gios 3:15
Chiefest of Calamities

Offline

 

#384 | Back to Top07-29-2017 09:26:26 AM

Pratyeka
Tenjou Tilter
From: Japan
Registered: 06-02-2013
Posts: 87

Re: New Utena stuff

LadyButterflyNebula wrote:

https://twitter.com/p_bandai/status/889699288460046336

Look at this stationary set!  So gorgeous! emot-gonk Why does everything amazing come out when I'm flat ass broke? .·´¯`(>▂<)´¯`·.

http://p-bandai.jp/sun-star-st/utena-20 … _medium=tw

The site design is really cute though!  Wish they would make English sites so I could buy directly from them rather than third party (also I wanna know what is says as I scroll down!  So mysterious!)

edit: added a link to the stationary page that is somewhat interactive

Thank you for linking!! I'm going to ask for this as a birthday present. I live out of my scheduler etc-love
The text as you scroll is the egg speech, lol (tamago no kara wo yaburaneba, etc - the big line at the end is the "for the revolution of the world" part)

Offline

 

#385 | Back to Top07-29-2017 07:10:10 PM

HonorableShadow
Cow Bellhop
From: Ohio
Registered: 11-03-2006
Posts: 470
Website

Re: New Utena stuff


Rose tint my world...
Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.

Offline

 

#386 | Back to Top07-30-2017 06:06:34 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
From: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Registered: 10-15-2006
Posts: 6018
Website

Re: New Utena stuff

GUYS HELP

*incoherent screeching*

http://i.imgur.com/dz6uwK8.jpg



emot-gonkemot-gonkemot-gonkdo they ship to Canadaemot-gonkemot-gonkemot-gonk

I mean like we could use celga but we want to know if we can do it direct


Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

Offline

 

#387 | Back to Top07-30-2017 08:54:14 PM

Ashnod
La potesse revolutionnaire
From: Missouri, United States
Registered: 03-01-2007
Posts: 1242
Website

Re: New Utena stuff

Yasha wrote:

GUYS HELP

*incoherent screeching*

http://i.imgur.com/dz6uwK8.jpg



emot-gonkemot-gonkemot-gonkdo they ship to Canadaemot-gonkemot-gonkemot-gonk

I mean like we could use celga but we want to know if we can do it direct

emot-aaa

I have woken up in some kind of bizarro 1996-1997.

What is happening???


Flowers without names blooming in the field can only sway in the wind. But I was born with a destiny of roses, born to live in passion and glory.

http://www.dark-kingdom.org/Gallery/osrgbanner.PNG
Hat Mafia Member: Little Dark Poet

Online

 

#388 | Back to Top07-30-2017 11:45:26 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
From: North Carolina
Registered: 11-17-2006
Posts: 5086
Website

Re: New Utena stuff

Tragically the order information on the Anthy scent seems to say "※ We do not correspond to overseas shipping ※ No international orders available." With so much merch coming out this year (multi-decade anniversary years are hard on the wallet) and most straight from Japan, is it on-topic enough to ask if anyone knows of a proxy service that can help with any/all of the recently mentioned products? CDJapan's helped with entertainment in the past but I don't know if they'll deal in fashion.


ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

Offline

 

#389 | Back to Top07-31-2017 09:20:00 AM

LadyButterflyNebula
Rose Smilee
From: Arkansas
Registered: 03-23-2017
Posts: 134
Website

Re: New Utena stuff

Yasha wrote:

GUYS HELP

*incoherent screeching*

http://i.imgur.com/dz6uwK8.jpg



emot-gonkemot-gonkemot-gonkdo they ship to Canadaemot-gonkemot-gonkemot-gonk

I mean like we could use celga but we want to know if we can do it direct

Ashnod wrote:

I have woken up in some kind of bizarro 1996-1997.

What is happening???

dollface wrote:

Tragically the order information on the Anthy scent seems to say "※ We do not correspond to overseas shipping ※ No international orders available." With so much merch coming out this year (multi-decade anniversary years are hard on the wallet) and most straight from Japan, is it on-topic enough to ask if anyone knows of a proxy service that can help with any/all of the recently mentioned products? CDJapan's helped with entertainment in the past but I don't know if they'll deal in fashion.

With Sailor Moon and Utena having anniversary stuff I am soooooooo so so broke.  ;_;

This http://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/?afid=W69523 is a deputy service I’ve heard good things about.  I’ve never used one before (too scared) so I get all my stuff second hand on eBay or Amazon.  From what I understand they do fashion stuff but again, I've only heard of them, never used it before.

ALSO:

NEW UTENA FIGURE!!!!
https://twitter.com/RGUtena20th/status/ … 1477619714

Last edited by LadyButterflyNebula (07-31-2017 09:29:22 AM)


Usubeni midarete manatsu no yo no yume yume
Tobitatsu kagerou koi kogarerou
Anata wo omoeba yume ni yume ni yume miru
Afureru yorokobi towa ni towa ni

Offline

 

#390 | Back to Top08-01-2017 05:53:45 AM

cscratch
Mikage Mistruster
From: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered: 07-07-2008
Posts: 66
Website

Re: New Utena stuff

For deputies, I use www.rinkya.com.  I pre-ordered the perfumes through them already, so they definitely do store orders.

I'm not sure how their prices stack up these days against different deputy services for store orders or general goods; they've been my deputy forever now and are pretty solid from my experience however.

Also UTENA FIGMA!  *Loses mind*

Offline

 

#391 | Back to Top08-01-2017 07:00:19 AM

LadyButterflyNebula
Rose Smilee
From: Arkansas
Registered: 03-23-2017
Posts: 134
Website

Re: New Utena stuff

Pratyeka wrote:

LadyButterflyNebula wrote:

https://twitter.com/p_bandai/status/889699288460046336

Look at this stationary set!  So gorgeous! emot-gonk Why does everything amazing come out when I'm flat ass broke? .·´¯`(>▂<)´¯`·.

http://p-bandai.jp/sun-star-st/utena-20 … _medium=tw

The site design is really cute though!  Wish they would make English sites so I could buy directly from them rather than third party (also I wanna know what is says as I scroll down!  So mysterious!)

edit: added a link to the stationary page that is somewhat interactive

Thank you for linking!! I'm going to ask for this as a birthday present. I live out of my scheduler etc-love
The text as you scroll is the egg speech, lol (tamago no kara wo yaburaneba, etc - the big line at the end is the "for the revolution of the world" part)

Thank you so much!  I was like "I wanna know!" and I didn't have access to my usual translation tools.

Giovanna wrote:

40k is a little much...

But if that's how valuable those things are then the one I did obtain is like thousands? That doesn't sound right...

I wish I could know more. I can't believe they're seriously considering them that valuable and they've been on Yahoo for ages now... Or is it duplicate sets as in like a couple dozen of them?? Wtf!

Unless these are literally the cels for the actual series artwork the price just doesn't make sense...

Giovanna wrote:

Even autographed! I'm guessing because they came with the frames it's those framed lithograph thingies of the... I think dvd covers? I have the one with Touga and Nanami on the table in front of him. I once saw the Miki and Kozue one but no others, including the Saionji one I'd skin babies for....

Yeah, the TL they gave above is pretty accurate.  I don't think it's that expensive either.  I got my copy for like $75 plus shipping.. Then again I have been circling those art books like buzzard looking for a kill.  I have like three of them now. etc-love  I plan to frame part of one that are falling out ( emot-gonk ).

These are the books I have:
https://sep.yimg.com/ca/I/animebooks-com_2271_421504409.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Fillete-Revoluti … 4091996825

and I believe I have this one as well:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51WWPDBYPAL.jpg

Last edited by LadyButterflyNebula (08-01-2017 07:07:08 AM)


Usubeni midarete manatsu no yo no yume yume
Tobitatsu kagerou koi kogarerou
Anata wo omoeba yume ni yume ni yume miru
Afureru yorokobi towa ni towa ni

Offline

 

#392 | Back to Top08-02-2017 01:38:20 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
From: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Registered: 10-15-2006
Posts: 6018
Website

Re: New Utena stuff

We ended up ordering the perfume through Celga. I AM SO HAPPY.


Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

Offline

 

#393 | Back to Top08-02-2017 06:47:36 AM

Dallbun
Tour Guide to Crawling Chaos
Registered: 10-19-2006
Posts: 685

Re: New Utena stuff

Yasha wrote:

We ended up ordering the perfume through Celga. I AM SO HAPPY.

It's an Utena product, so I assume they're... cantarella-scented?

Offline

 

#394 | Back to Top08-02-2017 11:41:34 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Forum
From: Edmonton, AB
Registered: 10-12-2006
Posts: 8712
Website

Re: New Utena stuff

Ashnod wrote:

I have woken up in some kind of bizarro 1996-1997.

What is happening???

You have! Except we're all a lot older, a lot more jaded, and somewhere along the line Utena turned into a Yuri genre anime.


Also, do thou wear thine suits and cuffs, be thee male or no, for such attire doth please my girl parts. - Gios 3:15
Chiefest of Calamities

Offline

 

#395 | Back to Top08-02-2017 11:47:20 AM

LadyButterflyNebula
Rose Smilee
From: Arkansas
Registered: 03-23-2017
Posts: 134
Website

Re: New Utena stuff

Dallbun wrote:

Yasha wrote:

We ended up ordering the perfume through Celga. I AM SO HAPPY.

It's an Utena product, so I assume they're... cantarella-scented?

I'm curious too, what do the perfumes smell like? Got paid so it's time to spend~~~


Usubeni midarete manatsu no yo no yume yume
Tobitatsu kagerou koi kogarerou
Anata wo omoeba yume ni yume ni yume miru
Afureru yorokobi towa ni towa ni

Offline

 

#396 | Back to Top08-02-2017 05:06:14 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
From: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Registered: 10-15-2006
Posts: 6018
Website

Re: New Utena stuff

Utena's Scent:

http://i.imgur.com/rWKYADp.jpg


Anthy's Scent:

http://i.imgur.com/Jt5AxVw.jpg

Edit: I'm guessing in Anthy's the Mandarin Lemon is an orange?


Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

Offline

 

#397 | Back to Top08-02-2017 10:15:52 PM

Arale
Ballgoer
From: collective human consciousness
Registered: 12-07-2014
Posts: 145
Website

Re: New Utena stuff

Of course it's still 1997. As long as we stay in these gardens called schools.


im a shadow play girl irl

Offline

 

#398 | Back to Top08-02-2017 11:53:58 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
From: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Registered: 10-15-2006
Posts: 6018
Website

Re: New Utena stuff

DAYUM. Nice one emot-keke


Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

Offline

 

#399 | Back to Top08-03-2017 07:26:34 AM

LadyButterflyNebula
Rose Smilee
From: Arkansas
Registered: 03-23-2017
Posts: 134
Website

Re: New Utena stuff

Yasha wrote:

Utena's Scent:

http://i.imgur.com/rWKYADp.jpg


Anthy's Scent:

http://i.imgur.com/Jt5AxVw.jpg

Edit: I'm guessing in Anthy's the Mandarin Lemon is an orange?

Ooo sounds like Utena's scent might be more to my liking. So I'll buy both. emot-rofl

Arale wrote:

Of course it's still 1997. As long as we stay in these gardens called schools.

emot-wink

https://am24.akamaized.net/tms/cnt/uploads/2016/04/utena-1.gif

Last edited by LadyButterflyNebula (08-03-2017 07:29:10 AM)


Usubeni midarete manatsu no yo no yume yume
Tobitatsu kagerou koi kogarerou
Anata wo omoeba yume ni yume ni yume miru
Afureru yorokobi towa ni towa ni

Offline

 

#400 | Back to Top08-05-2017 03:52:04 PM

Pratyeka
Tenjou Tilter
From: Japan
Registered: 06-02-2013
Posts: 87

Re: New Utena stuff

Has anyone linked the new SuperGroupies bags yet?
Utena: https://www.super-groupies.com/products … el_id=2554
Anthy: https://www.super-groupies.com/products … el_id=2555
edit: nm, ignore me. It's old sold-out merch that showed as new in my SuperGroupies udates for some reason.

Last edited by Pratyeka (08-05-2017 03:53:22 PM)

Offline

 

Board footer

Powered by PunBB 1.2.23
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB
Forum styled and maintained by Giovanna and Yasha
Return to Empty Movement