You are not logged in.

Gougai! Gougai!

HOLY SHIT PEOPLE, IT'S NOT BAD ENOUGH WE'RE GETTING AN UTENA EXHIBITION RIGHT NOW

THEY. ARE. MAKING. A. NEW. MUSICAL. NEXT. YEAR. START LOSING YOUR SHIT RIGHT NOW

#276 | Back to Top02-25-2015 09:05:53 AM

Snow
Troublesome Insect
From: in the wolf
Registered: 09-30-2013
Posts: 642

Re: New Ikuhara anime!

malna wrote:

Ah, teen Yuriika seemed like a perfect candidate for a

http://i61.tinypic.com/etz4t1.jpg

...and everything could have turned out differently.

I bet that would 'fill in the empty spaces inside her'. And leave a nice little flush emot-rofl.

Offline

 

#277 | Back to Top02-27-2015 05:30:19 PM

Anthiena
Egghead
From: ...the space between your ears
Registered: 10-21-2006
Posts: 1107

Re: New Ikuhara anime!

godAMMIT IKUHARA

Remember about how he gave notes to Masami Osui for Rondo Revolution?

[Viens avec moi [Come with me]
Church chimes echo in the distance
Offer up a prayer and betray today
Wander in a dark forest, then become the morning moon at the Wall of Severance
I won't join the Invisible Storm
Once I've made you stickier with sweet, thin honey
Please, approve me, I'll be a good girl
Picture-book pages dancing on the breeze shake up shadowy memories
Always
I'll be waiting you-know-where, in an empty world
Even if everything falls apart
Even if you have to gracefully writhe, even if you have to bend space-time
Find me
Flower petals will slowly enfold us on a starry night
Come on...
Come on...
Come on...

J'ai besoin de toi [I need you]
]

Last edited by Anthiena (02-27-2015 05:31:26 PM)


I stopped seeking to be sought after. That wasn't being true to myself.
I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Ikuni

Offline

 

#278 | Back to Top02-28-2015 09:27:24 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer
From: Crystal Millenium
Registered: 02-13-2007
Posts: 960

Re: New Ikuhara anime!

Anthiena wrote:

godAMMIT IKUHARA

Remember about how he gave notes to Masami Osui for Rondo Revolution?

[Viens avec moi [Come with me]
Church chimes echo in the distance
Offer up a prayer and betray today
Wander in a dark forest, then become the morning moon at the Wall of Severance
I won't join the Invisible Storm
Once I've made you stickier with sweet, thin honey
Please, approve me, I'll be a good girl
Picture-book pages dancing on the breeze shake up shadowy memories
Always
I'll be waiting you-know-where, in an empty world
Even if everything falls apart
Even if you have to gracefully writhe, even if you have to bend space-time
Find me
Flower petals will slowly enfold us on a starry night
Come on...
Come on...
Come on...

J'ai besoin de toi [I need you]
]

I love the lyrics, as well as the full opening song. It's really pretty-sounding.

malna wrote:

Ah, teen Yuriika seemed like a perfect candidate for a

http://i61.tinypic.com/etz4t1.jpg

...and everything could have turned out differently.

I lol'd


http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

Offline

 

#279 | Back to Top02-28-2015 04:08:00 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist
From: Portugal
Registered: 09-10-2007
Posts: 741

Re: New Ikuhara anime!

Someone should do a Yuri Kuma/Binan Koukou crossover. One has a mostly female cast, the other an all male cast, if you combine them you'd have a fair representation of the genders. And then Yumoto would solve all the problems with Love Shower~. Just because. emot-rofl

Offline

 

#280 | Back to Top03-01-2015 03:02:47 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer
From: Crystal Millenium
Registered: 02-13-2007
Posts: 960

Re: New Ikuhara anime!

Nocturnalux wrote:

Someone should do a Yuri Kuma/Binan Koukou crossover. One has a mostly female cast, the other an all male cast, if you combine them you'd have a fair representation of the genders. And then Yumoto would solve all the problems with Love Shower~. Just because. emot-rofl

Don't tempt me.

Somehow I see Yumoto and Lulu getting along real well.
He kind of looks like her little brother...


http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

Offline

 

#281 | Back to Top03-01-2015 04:39:14 AM

malna
Caretaker
From: Poland
Registered: 10-03-2011
Posts: 209

Re: New Ikuhara anime!

YamPuff wrote:

Somehow I see Yumoto and Lulu getting along real well.
He kind of looks like her little brother...

Oh, this is good.

Nocturnalux wrote:

Someone should do a Yuri Kuma/Binan Koukou crossover.

If only characters from two separate tales could, Idk, cross the barrier? I need this fanfic!


a lot of hope in one man tent

Offline

 

#282 | Back to Top03-01-2015 05:06:02 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer
From: Crystal Millenium
Registered: 02-13-2007
Posts: 960

Re: New Ikuhara anime!

IT WOULD BE THE SEXY WAY.
Shabadadoo!~

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/DSCN0770_zpsul1exoux.jpg~original

If it has pink hair and Ikuhara had a hand in its creation, I will love it. emot-biggrin poptart


http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

Offline

 

#283 | Back to Top03-01-2015 05:40:28 AM

HonorableShadow
Cow Bellhop
From: Ohio
Registered: 11-03-2006
Posts: 471
Website

Re: New Ikuhara anime!


Rose tint my world...
Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.

Offline

 

#284 | Back to Top03-01-2015 09:16:38 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer
From: Crystal Millenium
Registered: 02-13-2007
Posts: 960

Re: New Ikuhara anime!

HonorableShadow wrote:

Chapter 3 translated! http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuri_kuma_arashi_ch03

Delicious smell gau gau. school-devil

Thanks for the link!


http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

Offline

 

#285 | Back to Top03-01-2015 02:57:38 PM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
From: Estonia
Registered: 10-17-2006
Posts: 2510
Website

Re: New Ikuhara anime!

Yampuff, that is a cute chibi-bear. :3

I made Revolutionary Bears:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/maarika/5c02f052-c604-421d-a232-3b23cd4b60d5_zpsezvltazt.jpg

I don't know why.


The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

Offline

 

#286 | Back to Top03-02-2015 10:29:56 AM

occultangle
New Student
Registered: 02-18-2015
Posts: 7

Re: New Ikuhara anime!

Just watched 8.5, and it isn't a recap at all! It was all real interviews, and the girls were dressed up in their cosplay. There was also a no credit version of the OP, a cute new ending, and a very, very short preview for episode 9.

There wasn't too much said of any real importance. Ikuhara is insane as expected. I had a hard time understanding what in the world he was talking about. I won't even attempt to comment on the specialness that is Bonjour Suzuki.

It sucks having to wait another week for episode 9, but I was incredibly happy to have this instead of a traditional recap.

Last edited by occultangle (03-02-2015 10:30:54 AM)

Offline

 

#287 | Back to Top03-03-2015 12:08:37 AM

Flah
Belladonna Buster
From: British Columbia
Registered: 09-05-2013
Posts: 209

Re: New Ikuhara anime!

I can only hope that FUNimation gets the rights to episode 8.5 so they can include it in the physical media.

Speaking of physical media, I'm sure that, like many in this thread, this is pretty much a guaranteed purchase for me. My biggest fear with this is that it will be lewd and suggestive. Normally, it wouldn't be a problem. I have a sizable collection that I can hide such things inside. Except that it's alphabetical and I own nothing that starts with the letter Z. I really don't want to have to change my cataloging system because of Yurikuma, lest I display to the world something on par with this:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/pictures/l/05/27/ZMCZ-9902.jpg


Somewhere, there is an unplugged toaster sitting on a Coleman stove.

Does it feel lonely?

Offline

 

#288 | Back to Top03-03-2015 05:52:27 AM

HonorableShadow
Cow Bellhop
From: Ohio
Registered: 11-03-2006
Posts: 471
Website

Re: New Ikuhara anime!

Special ED + Episode 9 preview:


Ikuhara saying "Shabadadu":


Rose tint my world...
Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.

Offline

 

#289 | Back to Top03-03-2015 09:30:56 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer
From: Crystal Millenium
Registered: 02-13-2007
Posts: 960

Re: New Ikuhara anime!

Heyyy how come it's not subbed? /sarcasm gau gau


Guys this is really cool, something to do with the Escher-like patterns you find everywhere, the one with the angels and bears: http://hopelessjw.tumblr.com/post/11260 … pattern-on

Potentially spoiler-ish but I thought it was a great find!


http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

Offline

 

#290 | Back to Top03-09-2015 12:16:56 PM

Yams
Nest Boxer
From: Crystal Millenium
Registered: 02-13-2007
Posts: 960

Re: New Ikuhara anime!

KUMA SHOCK: No Yuri Kuma this week???????? emot-gonk

Nvmd, it's out, was just a related to last week's ep. Wheeeee time to watch! So much excite.

EDIT: interesting resurfacing of the word 'desire', which Princess Lulu had previously repeated several times in her episode, however this time not in English. Felt very thematically related. Also interesting; [Mitsuko has red eyes, and after she is 'absorbed' by Ginko, Ginko's eyes glow red. Red is also the color of the hovering bee's trail in the Lulu episode. Ginko is dark pink, not quite red. With ikuhara you know this is not coincidence! Is red Yuri Kuma's 'desire' color?]

Anyhoo, I was a little disappointed [that Ginko's crime was indeed not saving Sumika - not because I don't like the idea but because there was so much build up to the moment I thought it couldn't be so obvious! They spent like three episodes pandering around this plot-twist that was easily guessed the first time we saw it in the episode preview. However, thematically I like it a lot, as it deals with the idea of a selsfish love; she should have saved Sumika for Kureha to be truly happy. But she does not want Kureha's happiness;  she wants her all to herself. However, if that is the case, how was she a criminal bear at the time she met Lulu?]

Also: omniscient,  peeping tom judge bears? It truly is the sexy way. Shabadadoo.

Can I put Mikage, Sanetoshi and Life Sexy in a room together and watch shenanigans ensue? I kind of want to add Akoya as well....

Last edited by YamPuff (03-09-2015 02:49:11 PM)


http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

Offline

 

#291 | Back to Top03-09-2015 05:48:19 PM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
From: Estonia
Registered: 10-17-2006
Posts: 2510
Website

Re: New Ikuhara anime!

Loved this episode!
I was hoping it would get more surreal and it did!

As for Ginko's crime[, yeah she was already a criminal before she met Lulu, it might as well have happened when she was still together with Kureha and Reia (I'm expecting to see a proper flashback of that soon). I don't think the Sumika thing is the only sin she had. Also remember that something made Kureha think of bears as enemies before Reia was even killed, so maybe Ginko did something then to evoke those feelings.]


The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

Offline

 

#292 | Back to Top03-09-2015 07:01:39 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist
From: Portugal
Registered: 09-10-2007
Posts: 741

Re: New Ikuhara anime!

YamPuff wrote:

Anyhoo, I was a little disappointed [that Ginko's crime was indeed not saving Sumika - not because I don't like the idea but because there was so much build up to the moment I thought it couldn't be so obvious! They spent like three episodes pandering around this plot-twist that was easily guessed the first time we saw it in the episode preview. However, thematically I like it a lot, as it deals with the idea of a selsfish love; she should have saved Sumika for Kureha to be truly happy. But she does not want Kureha's happiness;  she wants her all to herself. However, if that is the case, how was she a criminal bear at the time she met Lulu?]

Also: omniscient,  peeping tom judge bears? It truly is the sexy way. Shabadadoo.

Can I put Mikage, Sanetoshi and Life Sexy in a room together and watch shenanigans ensue? I kind of want to add Akoya as well....

I agree, [It really was so obvious a 'revelation' that all the build up seems to be something of a waste but I was surprised that Kureha did shoot Ginko. 9 out of 10 whenever a character is about to get shot and you hear the shot off camera you can rest assured that someone else got hit. Usually it's the shooter who changes their mind at the last second or another character who stands in front of the would be victim and takes the bullet. So to see things panning out without that narrative device was an interesting change of pace. And lo and behold, some shocking truth in the conclusion of Reia's book...we'll found out it's actually Twilight fanfiction, doesn't get more SHOCKING than that.]

I have some pretty art of Mikage and Sanetoshi, I'll see if I can find it and send it your way. school-devil

Offline

 

#293 | Back to Top03-09-2015 09:31:05 PM

Aelanie
Black Rosarian
Registered: 02-04-2009
Posts: 377

Re: New Ikuhara anime!

I doubt I'm the only one who picked up on this not-so-subtle bit. Ikuhara's iconography sure stays consistent across the years. Same sort of character, same situation, same imagery.

(Episode 9 spoilers!)

http://i.imgur.com/36hab8Y.jpg

Offline

 

#294 | Back to Top03-10-2015 01:17:42 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer
From: Crystal Millenium
Registered: 02-13-2007
Posts: 960

Re: New Ikuhara anime!

Nocturnalux wrote:

YamPuff wrote:

Anyhoo, I was a little disappointed [that Ginko's crime was indeed not saving Sumika - not because I don't like the idea but because there was so much build up to the moment I thought it couldn't be so obvious! They spent like three episodes pandering around this plot-twist that was easily guessed the first time we saw it in the episode preview. However, thematically I like it a lot, as it deals with the idea of a selsfish love; she should have saved Sumika for Kureha to be truly happy. But she does not want Kureha's happiness;  she wants her all to herself. However, if that is the case, how was she a criminal bear at the time she met Lulu?]

Also: omniscient,  peeping tom judge bears? It truly is the sexy way. Shabadadoo.

Can I put Mikage, Sanetoshi and Life Sexy in a room together and watch shenanigans ensue? I kind of want to add Akoya as well....

I agree, [It really was so obvious a 'revelation' that all the build up seems to be something of a waste but I was surprised that Kureha did shoot Ginko. 9 out of 10 whenever a character is about to get shot and you hear the shot off camera you can rest assured that someone else got hit. Usually it's the shooter who changes their mind at the last second or another character who stands in front of the would be victim and takes the bullet. So to see things panning out without that narrative device was an interesting change of pace. And lo and behold, some shocking truth in the conclusion of Reia's book...we'll found out it's actually Twilight fanfiction, doesn't get more SHOCKING than that.]

I have some pretty art of Mikage and Sanetoshi, I'll see if I can find it and send it your way. school-devil

Agreed, glad Kureha stepped up her game. I think she's kind of adorable. And the name Kureha, very unusual and very sexy sounding to me. emot-biggrin

Kureha's mom shipped Jacob x Edward KUMA SHOCK! The black lily opens! 

Yaaaay send me pink haired character art.etc-wankgirl

As for the draped sheets, I certainly made the connection, I've seen a lot of posts comparing the scenes as well.  Did any Penguindrum scene have sexy seduction draped sheets? Cant remember.


http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

Offline

 

#295 | Back to Top03-10-2015 03:01:45 AM

Kiseki
Sunlit Gardener (Prelude)
From: Texas, USA
Registered: 08-16-2014
Posts: 170
Website

Re: New Ikuhara anime!

Aelanie wrote:

I doubt I'm the only one who picked up on this not-so-subtle bit. Ikuhara's iconography sure stays consistent across the years. Same sort of character, same situation, same imagery.

(Episode 9 spoilers!)

http://i.imgur.com/36hab8Y.jpg

[Ah yes... an intimate encounter with a dead character who's become but a memory/symbol.]
That is the sexy way. Shabadadoo.


[Not a very Kuma Shock episode with the exception of Yurizono's reappearance at the "Door of Friends." We already predicted Ginko's sin regarding Sumika in the cliffhanger at the end of Ep. 6]

Mmm.. Every episode's been ending on cliffhangers lately. I wonder what we can expect now...


http://r14.imgfast.net/users/1412/22/06/04/smiles/2930773878.gifDo you suppose happiness is something close to us, after all?

Offline

 

#296 | Back to Top03-12-2015 10:52:05 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer
From: Crystal Millenium
Registered: 02-13-2007
Posts: 960

Re: New Ikuhara anime!

LITERAL MALE GAZE AHAHA.

I am curious if this was intentional in the way we are thinking?


http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

Offline

 

#297 | Back to Top03-16-2015 03:39:00 PM

Yams
Nest Boxer
From: Crystal Millenium
Registered: 02-13-2007
Posts: 960

Re: New Ikuhara anime!

Watching episode 10, a graphic interpretation.

I was feeling like this: emot-aaa

Then Lulu made me feel like this: http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/tumblr_inline_njy5vaWppk1sdgkr8_zpsycozcshl.gif~original


And then, the Kuma shocks at the post-credits ending, I was like this: http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/tumblr_lssp783gZL1qauop7_zpsbntfpqpl.gif~original


I will post a more coherent post when I am capable of it.

EDIT: OH OH OH THOUGHTS. You know the whole mirror thing and smashing yourself if your love is true stuff? Here is some Utena creator commentary:

Creator Commentary: Shiori’s character is the embodiment of Jury’s weak point. That weak point is “love.”

Breaking apart the other person.

That means controlling the other person’s “life,” bending it to your own imaginings in the real world.

It’s an ultimate form of “romance.”

Source

Last edited by YamPuff (03-16-2015 03:44:41 PM)


http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

Offline

 

#298 | Back to Top03-16-2015 04:55:23 PM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
From: Estonia
Registered: 10-17-2006
Posts: 2510
Website

Re: New Ikuhara anime!

YamPuff wrote:

Kureha's mom shipped Jacob x Edward KUMA SHOCK! The black lily opens!

Haha! emot-rofl

Oh, also I wanted to point out that "The black lily opens" is not the correct translation, it should be "Dark lily" (yuri da-ku). Same with the variations: "Dark bear". I get how it's easy to mix that up since they sound alike but a while back Ikuni and some other staff tweet about "ユリダーク" (yuri dark) so that's how I noticed the translation wasn't correct.



OMG episode 10 ;______; all my bear feels. Lulu etc-love


[So bears have to stay behind the Door of Friendship (aka the Closet) to be safe?
Holy crap, that ending! O_O In the last two episodes of "Revolutionary Bear Kureha" I want to see the wall crumble. Please Ikuni~
]


The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

Offline

 

#299 | Back to Top03-16-2015 05:15:47 PM

Yams
Nest Boxer
From: Crystal Millenium
Registered: 02-13-2007
Posts: 960

Re: New Ikuhara anime!

Ahhh, is that what they're saying? Interesting. Wonder why it was subbed as such.

Okay I must say I ended up enjoying this show a LOT more than I expected. It is really good at tugging at your heart strings and making you care. I was actually shouting in my head[ LULU OMG NO DON'T HURT HER D: ]The characters are not overly complex, which is fine, because it's not the point. The show has something to say and it is saying it clearly and concisely. The plotting and pacing have been good IMO. Now, if it is all rounded up in the next two episodes I shall be pleased indeed.


http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

Offline

 

#300 | Back to Top03-16-2015 06:42:28 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist
From: Portugal
Registered: 09-10-2007
Posts: 741

Re: New Ikuhara anime!

It's been a fun ride so far but for me something is missing and that is my actually caring for the characters. The premise is great but everyone seems almost paper thin.
[That kuma shock at the end, is Kureha going to become a bear? Now that would be very interesting.]

Offline

 

Board footer

Powered by PunBB 1.2.23
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB
Forum styled and maintained by Giovanna and Yasha
Return to Empty Movement