You are not logged in.

Gougai! Gougai!

HOLY SHIT PEOPLE, IT'S NOT BAD ENOUGH WE'RE GETTING AN UTENA EXHIBITION RIGHT NOW

THEY. ARE. MAKING. A. NEW. MUSICAL. NEXT. YEAR. START LOSING YOUR SHIT RIGHT NOW

#1 | Back to Top07-09-2012 05:18:29 AM

Atropos
Atropos Turretslayer

A-Ko, B-Ko, C-Ko=Akio, Anthy, and Utena?

The Shadow Girls in the film were obvious stand-ins for Utena and Anthy...but what if something similar were the case with the series?
A-Ko and B-Ko are, of course, Akio and Anthy. Their roles are too similar. C-Ko, therefore, must be Utena. It explains why Utena is able to respond to her plays! And, at the end of the show, B-Ko leaves A-Ko under the guidance of C-Ko, completing the metaphor.

#2 | Back to Top07-30-2012 12:42:02 PM

Like_Autumn
Network Ninja
Website

Re: A-Ko, B-Ko, C-Ko=Akio, Anthy, and Utena?

As someone who has pondered the Shadow Play Girls more than is probably healthy, this is a really interesting idea. I'm rewatching the show now, and I'll have to keep it in mind.

In their play, A-ko and B-ko support the notion that Anthy is a witch. However, they also seem to easily communicate with Akio and act against his will. I'm still wondering the significance of C-ko coming in for the Black Rose Saga. I'll keep your interpretation in mind as I rewatch.

Number 1 Shadow Girl Fan

#3 | Back to Top08-12-2012 04:30:05 PM

BlackBeforeRed
Acknowledged Smart Person

Re: A-Ko, B-Ko, C-Ko=Akio, Anthy, and Utena?

I'm seriously intrigued by this idea. It makes a good amount of sense, C-ko is more like Utena in personality than A-ko or B-ko. She seems to have a similar vibe of naivety; She appears more childlike than A-ko or B-ko. As well as the fact that A-ko and B-ko seem to look down upon, or at least not understand, C-ko and her thought process and actions

Thinks to ponder during the next rewatch, which should really be soon, those boxsets are starting to call out to me emot-tongue

Board footer