You are not logged in.

Gougai! Gougai!

Anime News Network asked Gio & Yasha to write an article about Utena, Empty Movement, and they totally called us superfans, omg. Think of it as a belated Valentine's to Utena, its fandom, and the excellent friendships we've made along the way. 20 Years of Utena Fandom with the Ultimate Superfans!!!

#51 | Back to Top11-17-2010 02:31:37 PM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

Re: 10 Questions For Utena Fans

1. Why did you start reading/watching Revolutionary Girl Utena?

I watched Strawberry Panic first, and went searching for more shojo-ai style anime.

2. Which character would you have sex with and why?

Akio, because, DUH.  Nothing like a little self-hatred with sex.

Kozue, she's hot, wicked and oddly intelligent.

3.Your favorite pairing and why!

Akio/Kozue
Touga/Kozue
Anthy/Kozue
Kozue/ANYONE, basically. 

4. If someone offered you a video tape of your favorite pairing doing romantic things (sex, fluff, whatever) what would you do to get it?

I wouldn't do much to get it, but if I got it, heh.  I'd sell it.

5. What would you do if you found yourself magically whisked away to the universe of Ohtori Academy?

It depends.  Would I be magically beautified and get a ring and all that?  No matter what, I'd join in the frivolity best I could.

6. What song do you think fits your favorite character/pairing?

Chu...

7. What would your dueling rose color be, and why?

Dark red, it's my favorite color emot-biggrin

8. Are you a prince, a duelist, or a rose bride? (Interpret this question any way you want.)

An Utena, a prince with great potential to be a rose bride.

9. Is there any situation in RGU that is similar to something you might have experienced?

Yes.  I have a pet Akio of sorts.

10. Do you think waffles will make Saionji smile?

It depends.  Did Anthy make them?

Last edited by Iris (11-17-2010 02:36:20 PM)

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/IrisBeloved/piano.png

#52 | Back to Top11-18-2010 12:12:25 AM

Red Angel
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

I think allegoriest made me a long long time ago. Also, I could find tapes of it, when much else wasn't available at the time.

None... of them? O____o

CHRISTMAS!!!
IT'S THE REASON FOR THE SEASON
(I mean Touga/Saionji.)

4. If someone offered you a video tape of your favorite pairing doing romantic things (sex, fluff, whatever) what would you do to get it?
Like a dojin? I don't think I'd go for video. XO
Can I download it? I'd probably just want a download.

5. What would you do if you found yourself magically whisked away to the universe of Ohtori Academy?
Cry. TT__TT

Obviously Jingle Bells.

Purple. Because I like purple things. Like bunnies. :3

8. Are you a prince, a duelist, or a rose bride? (Interpret this question any way you want.)
I'm a normal random character really. And allegoriest says that equates to princess, so I'm choosing that. I'm just a normal innocent girl. *clutches bunny*

9. Is there any situation in RGU that is similar to something you might have experienced?
I had tea and cookies with my BFF ten years later. And neither of us was even poisoned. emot-biggrin

10. Do you think waffles will make Saiyonji smile?
I...don't know. D:

And I'm taking care of allegoriest, so I'm typing the delicious one's answers too. We sorta did this together.

"I have no idea." (I think allegoriest's brother saw it on tv a million years ago when it was new.)

...None of them? (But we all know its the giant octopus.)

"Touga and Miki. Or Anthy and Your Mom. Can't remember."

"I don't think I want that..."

"Kick Touga's ass. Then go back home."

"I already made a fan OST. And my favourite is Ruka. But everyone knows that. And I don't want to think of a Touga/Miki song. It disturbs me too much."

...We don't know. White? It can't be black, black is the evil dudes. People always give allegoriest white or blue roses. I personally think white.

"This is a silly question. I'm the goddamn delicious allegoriest."
(The answer is prince though. An unwilling prince who acts princely, but still a prince.)

"I also had tea and cookies with my best friend ten years later. And no, neither of us were poisoned. Much deliciousness was had."

"No."

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u187/cherry_whispers/signature.jpg

#53 | Back to Top01-07-2011 07:00:05 PM

Azure
High Tripper
Website

I started watching it in middle school, when I found one of the DVDs in my library. I was just getting into girl's love at the time so I felt the need to check it out. Of course, the disc was in really bad shape and they only had the first one (I think), so I soon had to give up on watching it. Many moons later, I re-visited it upon finding some fan-subs on the interwebz.

Pft, Akio. emot-rolleyes Duh. And possibly Utena.

Utena/Anthy, because their somewhat dysfunctional fairytale romance is absolutely enchanting. My favorite aspect of the show.

Video tapes are ancient technology and my VHS player broke down a while back. But for a DVD...school-devil

First: make it my personal mission to become Utena's #1 fangirl. But then, I can't just stomp all over Wakaba like that....#2 fangirl will suffice. Secondly: Find Akio. Ask for a ride in his car. etc-wankgirl

Hmmm....let me get back to you on that. :I Tough question.

Dark purple, sort of bluish I guess. It's always been a color I've felt drawn to.

Prince/Duelist. Utena is my role model.

Eh, not really. Maybe Anthy getting bullied by Nanami, because I was picked on a lot in middle school.

10. Do you think waffles will make Saiyonji smile? etc-saiowank

Only if they are cooked by/shaped like Anthy. But even then, it would be a hollow comfort. etc-saiowanketc-saiowanketc-saiowank

Indefinite. Empty. Mythos & Eternity

#54 | Back to Top01-07-2011 08:50:15 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Question 1: High school. A friend brought in her fantapes and had us watch them. I think it was art class primarily. I liked the idea, but never saw past episode 7 (Juri's first duel) until I bought the second DVD years later. Current episode is up to 18 (Shiori's BR duel).

Question 2: I...don't think I'd try to have a non-platonic relationship with anybody, let alone sex. I can say with complete honesty, though, that I'd connect the deepest with Wakaba. Mostly because she's the closest female main that comes to normal in the setting.

Question 3: Shipping...shipping...is this canon or fanon? Hmm, I'd say Utena/Anthy because of the oodles of character development both experience and the attendant relationship development. A very close second would be Saionji/Wakaba, because if Saionji was allowed to get over his emotional roadblock with Anthy, they'd work so well together.

Question 4: I wouldn't do anything. In just about any fandom, I tend to not really ship anybody unless it's canon. I don't squee over that stuff, unfortunately, which makes me a terrible SKU fan. emot-tongue Kidding aside, I'd say "not interested" and leave it at that. I don't feel comfortable being a hardcore voyeur; what people do with the ones they care about is not my business.

Question 5: Depends on my age. If I was younger, I'd try my hardest to get expelled and shipped back home to my parents. Today? Apply for a counseling position and try to fix some of the poor kids' problems. If either failed, I'd just stick my head in the sand and say I'm not listening in an annoying singsong tone.

Question 6: Ah geez, music. I don't listen to much stuff outside of what plays in video games. For Utena/Anthy, I think the epilogue song from Terranigma would be best. It's kinda melancholy and yet uplifting in equal doses.

Question 7: Probably gray or brown, because most people say those are the two most boring colors imaginable, and boring tends to be the average everydude's initial opinion of me. emot-keke

Question 8: Totally a duelist, because I'm not submissive enough for a traditional bride role and way too lazy to pursue the prince's role of hero.

Question 9: Going on what little personal knowledge of the series I have (what I've watched to date), I don't think I've ever been in a situation that echoes something in the series itself.

Question 10: Possibly. It really depends on whether Saionji even likes waffles to begin with..

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Chu...: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#55 | Back to Top01-15-2011 03:42:46 AM

minervana
High Tripper

I saw the manga in a  bookstore and it intrigued me. I wrote the title down and, some weeks later, bought it.

No comment. emot-tongue

Saionji/Wakaba, because it could never be, yet in many ways they're perfect for each other.

Nothing...emot-frown I'd honestly think "It's not my business what they do in private." Not that I wouldn't be curious, but my curiosity isn't ardent enough to trump that feeling.

Be upset, because I'm in my early 20s and don't speak Japanese. So what could I do there?

"The Luckiest Guy on the Lower-East Side," but with the genders reversed.

White with pink veins.

A duelist. I'm always a pawn in someone else's scheme.

Unrequited love and fruitless obsession. Also, becoming a "popular" person in certain situations, and finding that, hey, being adored by near-strangers doesn't solve any of your problems, in some cases it makes them worse because no one can believe that you actually have ups and downs like mere mortals do. :/

No emot-frown

#56 | Back to Top01-16-2011 02:26:31 AM

RhythmFusion
Rose Smilee

Well, after hearing/reading about it in passing a few times, reading a few pages of the manga on two separate occasions without really realizing what I was reading, finding this website through TV Tropes, and watching Whip0fAlchemy’s abridged series, (Not necessarily in that order) I decided to give the series a try.

Pass.

3. Your favorite pairing and why!

Utena/Anthy; They're the closest the series comes to a canon pairing if you disregard Akio/Kanae.

I'd offer whatever money I had on me for it, as long as it wasn't sex.

I'd probably curse Akio at the top of my lungs. (I will not be part of his accursed games!emot-mad)

I think Say the Word by Christy Carlson Romano fits Utena.

My dueling rose color would be yellow. I've heard that a yellow Rose represents friendship, and I'm usually a friendly person.

Probably a duelist.

The beginning when Utena wants to punish Saionji for hurting Wakaba. Up until the last few years of high school, I was quite confrontational and I'm still like that sometimes.

No.

Last edited by RhythmFusion (11-04-2011 09:53:47 PM)

"But screw your courage to the sticking place, and we'll not fail." ~ Lady Macbeth; Macbeth - Act One, Scene 7
"Crying is such hypocrisy. How can happiness cause the same reaction as sadness? Does pleasure share the same edge of the blade of life as pain?" - What His Crimson Eyes Believe in: Ch. 2

#57 | Back to Top01-18-2011 04:32:11 AM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

Was going through yuri animes one by one and lucked out bigtime! etc-love

Probably Anthy. Even though I'm fairly sure that might be a little sick... Actual fantasies I've had while etc-wankgirl have included Anthy, Utena, Touga, Akio and Saionji. Diverse!

Utena/Anthy and/or Utena&Anthy because of the salvic and gradual nature of the romance and/or friendship.

Write them something according to their own crack. emot-keke Or vid for them.

Try and work out what my eternity was and what I had to do to grow up. And grow the hell up as soon as possible.

You are the Only Exception by Paramore. U/A are just very...sweet.

Red for passion and because I love red roses. What's that? It's taken?! Damn.

A prince, who's slowly working out that being a prince is often self-defeating and is trying to find the way to be a prince without being a fool.

Actually my romantic relationships are kinda similar to the Utena/Anthy thing (with me playing Utena) except there is no happy ending (not that there was in SKU!). I think the lesson is that SKU is fantasy and real love is not about saving people... I often reflect I probably dig Utena so much (the show and the character) because of my own personality (good points and flaws). The self-awareness doesn't stop me loving it anyway.

I think Saionji has a lot of growing up to do (poor guy) before anything would make him smile. Maybe the first thing he could do would be to say goodbye to Touga and establish No Contact! Angsty bittersweet yaoi aside...they're just no good for each other. etc-saiowank

FanficChu... / New AMVsChu... / Old AMVsChu...

#58 | Back to Top01-20-2011 06:45:01 PM

nekozoya
Wakaba Wrangler

Stumbled upon some killer AMVs on youtube (By the amazing Astra3k) and found my new favorite singer and my new favorite anime all at once. etc-wankgirl

I shall not lose my virginity to any character, no matter how aweso- WAS THAT RUKAAAA?!!! etc-loveetc-love emot-dance

3. Your favorite pairing and why?

Saionji/Wakaba. Definetely. I think that after all the crap that has happened to them, they both deserve a happy ending. I would also say Juri/Ruka, but I really just want them to be friends.

4. If someone offered you a video tape of your favorite pairing doing romantic things, what would you do to get it?

Write them some poetry of their favorite pairing. (Something that I can actually do!) emot-rolleyes

5. What would you do if you found yourself magically wisked away to the universe of Ohtori Academy?

Well, I'm 14 at the moment, so... I'd learn Japanese as quickly as I can, become friends with Miki, join the fencing club (hey, maybe Juri can make something out of me! emot-tongue ), be nice to Anthy, crush on Ruka, feed Chu-chu some apple pie (yes, I can cook school-chef ), and generally stay away from Akio.emot-wink

6. What song do you think fits your favorite character/pairing

I think that "Who's that girl", would fit the Saionji/Wakaba relationship very well, especially in the black rose episode. Also, "Never wanted to Dance" by Mindless Self Indulgence is a killer for Saionji/Anthy.

7. What would your dueling rose color be?

Not that I plan to duel, but... a soft, almost pink-ish violet. Or maybe golden-yellow. Something docile, but with a little spunk.

8. Are you a prince, a duelist, or a rose bride?

Well, my initial desicion would be just a student, but that appears to be not an option, so... duelist, I guess. I don't have the nobility and masculinness to be a prince, but I am certainly not a Rose Bride. Sure, I'm childish, inoccent and happy-go-lucky, but I also happen to be the best in my karate class!emot-mad

Toughie. The only, one, surprisingly, might be the incident where Kozue saves the bird. I did that once. (And no, I did not fall down. emot-redface ) Oh, wait, I forgot- I sometimes pack my best friend lunch, though I don't necessarilly try to forcefeed it to her. I guess I am kinda Wakaba-ish. Given the brown hair and eyes... emot-rolleyes

10. Do you think waffles will make Saionji smile? etc-saiowank

With a bit of sake? Heck yeah!!! emot-dance

Last edited by nekozoya (01-22-2011 05:16:08 PM)

etc-saiowank Need I say more?

#59 | Back to Top02-05-2011 12:51:54 PM

innermuse
Anthy Assailer
Website

1. Why did you start reading/watching Revolutionary Girl Utena? I first started years ago, a friend introduced me, and then i recently re-watched it and have the manga, i am now happily obsessed

As much i have love for Utena and Anthy ( utena would be like making love to myself lol...and anthy i think that would result in some bdsm gear at some point...hmm) Any how if i was on some cracked speed date or date show, it would be Juri. Juri is my other favorite character. She is very driven and  a strong character but not completely over taken by pride. Also it would be plain sexy.

Oh gods... once again i love the Utena x Anthy dynamic. Its freaking amazing, i mean Utena is one dedicated girl who basically sacrifices a lot to be "with" anthy. Once Anthy breaks free from her little spell, i think that relation would be well worth the effort. I do also have a soft spot for the idea of Utena X Wakaba, I know wakaba is a bit fan girlishy over Utena but at moments its really adorable. At times Wakaba does want the best for Utena.

My first response would be where did you get this, then i would come up with some crazy scheme ( maybe involving 1000 fold spice lol) to get it.

Holy crap i would so become a duelist, i just know it ( such a knight complex)

for wakaba x utena - beautiful day- kerli

This is hard, because i am stuck between two colors. So I will explain each one.

Yellow- firstly its my second favorite color ( green would look weird on a rose to me) It is a very lively and happy color. To me it is a color of hope and new life ( long story behind why, but it involves a weird dream). Plus they taste good in tea.

White- Yes i know Utena has a white rose, but they are my favorite colored rose ( sides yellow). I am about to sound cheesy, but white represents to me purity ( it could also represent naivety)

Duelist/ 'prince'', all the way. I have always been a tomboy with a knight complex. I mean when i was little i wanted to have a fire truck instead of a Barbie jeep, cause the barbie jeep does not conquer up images of heroism.

Lol, actually yeah a few things i can compare my life to. Some amusing, some bad.

One i have had a stalker fan girl in real life...but she was creepy...0-0

Once again i will say i have a knight complex- meaning i really do wanna run around saving the day like utena, but i am a girl. Who says girls can not be knights..joan of arc did it.

the not so good thing- I have had a lover ( x- fiancée) that was a lot like akio, he was a player and thought he could have any girl, now i look back and see that i was fooled by his glamor.. He took advantage of a lot of girls, even his best friend. He is a jerk, bah but i escaped his lil peter pan life style and i am better for it.

Maybe if touga served them in some pink apron ( i think Touga would look good in pink..shit now i wanna draw this...)

Last edited by innermuse (02-05-2011 12:53:07 PM)

#60 | Back to Top02-11-2011 06:38:20 PM

delirious_decadence
New Student
Website

Well, when I was in elementary/middle school, I watched a lot of Sailor Moon. One day when I was at some sort of CD/Video Store, I saw the VHS and bought it because it said it was created by the people who had put out Sailor Moon. Ten years later, I am finally watching the rest of the series.

http://s3prod.weheartit.netdna-cdn.com/images/2250164/tumblr_l0vbrtppP01qbyu6lo1_500_large.png?1273907080

OMG...Akio. I know it's the predictable answer but still. He's sexilicious!

Hmm...I guess Anthy and Utena for obvious reasons. You just so attached to their characters because they go through a LOT together. Other than that, Utena and Akio was pretty hot as well...

Buy a vhs player again because I wouldn't be able to play it (I don't own one of those things anymore) emot-rofl

Glomp Akio and Touga...try to join the duels for the heck of it. Stir up trouble... school-devil

Akio x Utena - Poison by Groove Coverage

Probably Yellow...since I'm blond and since the color holds a special significance to me.

Probably a Rose Bride. I've always wanted to be a princess... etc-love

It's crazy to me, but there are parts of RGU that discuss things I have only ever thought but have never come out and said.

I would like to think that someday waffles might make the whole world smile...so probably.

#61 | Back to Top02-12-2011 07:03:43 AM

Mellow Morte
Saionji Slapper

I accidentally found a very nice SKU fansite and fell in love at first sight.

2. Which character would you have sex with and why
Probably Ruka. Though his illness may spoil everything. But still...

Touga x Utena. Ep. 36 almost made my cry.

It's a secret... school-devil

I'll try to teach someone my native language.

Göttlich by Megaherz for Utena.

Pale gray. Maybe such a rose won't express my personality well enough, but I like the colour.

A rose bride, I guess. Fighting is not my cup of tea.

Can't tell for sure. emot-confused

10. Do you think waffles will make Saiyonji smile?etc-saiowank
Home-made waffles will, I guess.

#62 | Back to Top02-12-2011 08:36:49 AM

Kohakusama
Wakaba Wrangler

Yuri mana phase:rofl:

2. Which character would you have sex with and why
Juri, She's just like my gf<3
Juri/Utena I think they wouldn't try to hurt the other in anyway
I would do all most anything( no cheating on my gf), I would whatch it a lot

I would play the game like anyone everone dose
Blessid Union of Souls - Hey Leonardo etc-love
neon green, Its a healing colour and my hiar is red and green ( I am not saiyonji or togua)

A duelist, i will fight for what i want even when hurting

The hole Juri/ruka/ shori

Togua covered in them etc-saiowank
Yes very much:saifap:

In death and only death do we understand life

#63 | Back to Top02-16-2011 04:00:57 PM

Celaenoe
Miki Molester
Website

My boyfriend kept telling me that he thought I'd really enjoy it, so we blazed through the series one summer. Best summer ever etc-love

Akio or Utena. There would be no sugar coating it, it would just be sex emot-keke
And Utena, because I'm in love with her.

Utena and Touga. I just love the awkward romance in the series.

Murder so many babies. Or maybe just pay them :p

Find Utena, and make her mine. emot-keke Or just spend way to much time having fun in that world. I'd certainly start challenging people to duels, with our without a ring.

Hmm...that's a question I don't think I can answer, mostly because I don't really listen to a lot of music. The only thing I can think of right now are ren-faire songs :p

Blue. I always feel like blue can either be a vibrant color or a gloomy color, and I am always either gloomy or vibrant.

I wish I was a prince. I'm probably a duelist at heart, but I love being a princess.

Hmm...well, considering I was a teenage girl at one point, I feel like I can relate to the show :p I do identify with Wakaba. I'm also a normal not very noticeable girl with a big forehead

No, but they might make him scowl

#64 | Back to Top02-20-2011 03:07:25 PM

Orchidee
Saionji Slapper

Fun fact: this is my first post (and I joined about 5 minutes ago!)

My sister recommended it. I don't normally watch anime, because I had a misconception that it was formulaic and predictable. This show proved me wrong.

Not sure. Movie-Utena probably (but not series-Utena), or Touga.

Touga/Utena - I honestly do think she made him a better person, and I think their relationship is cute.

Ask very nicely? emot-biggrin

I'd probably be one of those annoying fangirls that 90% of the female population seem to be. Not really, but I'd probably have a lot of fun with it.

I have no idea, to be honest. I don't normally think of relationships with songs like that.

Possibly dark blue or purple? They're serious colors and not obnoxious.

A duelist -

I had a male friend who would talk a lot about romantic things despite not having any experience in those matters... When we watched Utena, I realized that in a way he was like Tsuwabuki, who tries to be grown up by watching instead of experiencing. (We're dating now, btw, so obviously things turned out differently than in Utena.)

Only if Anthy makes them for him.

#65 | Back to Top03-06-2011 07:40:40 PM

saezutte
New Student

It was recommended on Amazon and similar sites as a show girls who like Sailor Moon might like, so when I was like 11 or 12, I put the first two DVDs on my Amazon Wish List. That year for my birthday, my dad ordered a whole bunch of things off the wish list, including those. Aaand the rest was history. Thanks, Dad! I might have been traumatized, though.

Akio because he'd be the best in bed, DUH HELLO. Also I have a thing for sluts, what can I say.

This is weird, but I don't really have pairings. Utena/Anthy post-series (or, I guess, Utena/Anthy when Anthy is actually being honest with her.) My friend and I are rewatching the series and, midway through the Black Rose Arc, I realized that I do ship Utena/Akio. And then also, kind of, Anthy/Akio too. So I'll take the threesome, but I can't imagine how that would work at all.

Also Touga/Miki lol. Touga/Saionji too. Any yaoi pairing that results in Touga being lolarious, because lol Touga.

Um. For a tape of a Akio/Anthy/Utena threesome? Quite a bit. 

I would be really excited at getting to go to a school with such awesome facilities and parties. Seriously, jealous of all the Ohtori students.

Neutral Milk Hotel - Holland 1945 for Utena/Anthy. "The only girl I've ever loved / Was born with roses in her eyes / But then they buried her alive," "And now we ride the circus wheel / With your dark brother wrapped in white," "And it's so sad to see the world agree / That they'd rather see their faces fill with flies / All when I'd want to keep white roses in their eyes."

Neko Case - Hold On, Hold On for Anthy. "In the end I was the mean girl / Or somebody's in-between girl / Now it's the devil I love / And that's as funny as real love"

Bright red-orange, because it's my favorite color to wear.

A rose bride (/witch). Has anyone else picked that one? But yes, I would choose to be the vessel of power used by another rather than the one who actually wields that power. Anthy's the character I identify with most / understand the best (though not really the one I like the most).

I did kind of get betrayed by the guy I lost my virginity to, but he's more of a Touga than an Akio and I went in a lot more aware of his untrustworthiness than Utena did of Akio's.

Other than that, I feel like I'm the Juri - crushing on friends, waiting for miracles.

God, I hope not. A smiling Saionji would be terrifying.

#66 | Back to Top03-09-2011 09:15:52 PM

taiki
Wakaba Wrangler

I'm bored, and taking a quick break before I throw myself at the insanity of writing documentation of the code I just wrote.

Friend of mine won the VHS box of the first half of the first season as a prize from a cosplay competition and sat me down and made me watch it.

The answer is always at least Akio, because, well, Akio sexes everyone.

Aaaaand........

Juri.  Okay, yes, she's got giant breasts, but she's also incredibly smart, and in the manga, she's explicitly straight so I can dream a little can't I? 

Maybe Anthy too, only because I've never done it with a girl who's got a hole in her chest.

Ruka/Tsuwabuki.  I'm a fan of crackCRACKCRACK ships. 

For a serious ship though...  Maybe Saionji/Juri.  I have no idea.  I just have this inkling in my mind the ship would work.

Stab them in the back with the sword of dios.  Twice. 

Get a Xanax prescription and hope I don't find myself wearing a funny ring.

Oh god.  I wouldn't even imagine.

Probably Green, like Saionji. 

Duelist. 

Well, minus the elevator, I've my friends talking to me about their problems and watching them regress and break down.  However, personally, I keep finding myself in someone else's shadow and wishing for something eternal(yes, this is why Saionji is my favorite duelist >_>)

YES.  etc-saiowank

#67 | Back to Top03-22-2011 05:25:22 AM

Koshernova
Touga Topper
Website

It was when my anime fandom started maturing post-Evangelion and I wanted something else that was complex, symbolism-laden and dealt with teenage angst in a clever, artistic way. It was exactly what I wanted when I encountered it!

Juri, no two ways about it. She's just so... elegant and intelligent and just goddamn sexy. Athletic is sexy.

come to think of it, Utena also, because we'd probably get on well on top of everything else. And Wakaba, because she's quite down-to-earth and just cool.

I... don't really have one? It is my informed opinion that the best thing for everyone's psychological well-being in SKU is for them to KEEP AWAY FROM EACH OTHER FOREVER.

That said, Juri/Miki maybe emot-tongue

They are minors so ew no.

I'd hang out with Utena and Wakaba and stalk Akio. I'd also, like, be one of the bad kids and totally try to sneak into the forbidden forest while smoking and drinking some beers.

Can't think of one!

Purple or somehow red and black. Anarkafeminism for life yo.

I'd say a duellist because I'm a contrarian, although I can totally be a rose bride in the right circumstances and, you know, with the right person.

I've been a pretentious infatuated youngster like Miki, I've been tormented about someone I want being really bad for me like Juri.

I'd personally love to make him cry, so I'd put something nasty in them waffles.

#68 | Back to Top03-23-2011 11:49:45 AM

CoffinBreaker
Rose Bride

@Koshernova

The same thing happened to me after I watched Utena; now lots of anime I used to enjoy (Inuyasha used to be my favorite, for example emot-rolleyes ) are just boring or somewhat vexing. Dragonball Z just gives me a headache emot-gonk

You don't need to understand Revolutionary Girl Utena to understand it.

#69 | Back to Top03-23-2011 04:28:01 PM

Koshernova
Touga Topper
Website

Well, I've always had a soft spot in my heart for *some* shallow anime, most prominently Saint Seiya, Rurouni Kenshin and Sailor Moon. But I can't, for the life of me, get into any *new* shows that are superficial like that (well, Kenshin is ocasionally deeper for a shonen manga). I've never been able to get into Naruto or Bleach, for example. That said, I've been hearing so many good things about One Piece, I'm willing to give it a shot.

#70 | Back to Top04-29-2011 02:45:31 AM

OrangeRose
Saionji Slapper
Website

My highschool bestfriend introduced me to it, and we started our own Utena Anime club during break periods.

I'd like to do it with Shiori, because she reminds me of my ex-girlfriend...it's rather complicated...

I'd have to say Juri and Shiori. They need to understand each other better, and yes, even in a physical sense...

C'mon, they need privacy...why destroy that by being vouyeristic?

I'd prolly try and become a prince and Revolutionize the world.

Perhaps "Take a bow" by Madonna?

Orange, representing my Desires which I long to fulfill...and cuz Orange is a purdy color...

I'd be a Prince, and rescue the one I love from herself.

Hell yes, Juri's story is VERY close to mine...

Mayhaps if Anthy made them for him...but then he'd slap her if she put too much syrup on them...lol!

"Your rose is MINE, Betch!"
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b140/Lcita/juri.jpg

#71 | Back to Top05-10-2011 09:53:37 AM

TougaxAnthy
New Student

On a whim.

Saionji, because he would be gentle.

Touga and Anthy. He's a real prince! Just what Anthy always wanted.

I would pay one dollar.

Ride a stallion with Touga.

Eye of the Tiger.

Chartreuse.

Akio.

I do puppet shows for a living like the Gougai girls.

No, he'll lose them once they digest.

Your prince was a guy like me, wasn't he?

#72 | Back to Top09-14-2011 05:52:52 AM

Rose Bleue
Wakaba Wrangler

BAD ENGLISH DISCLAIMER

Randomly picked the volume one at the Fnac and I liked the whole rose/sword thingy

Jury, because she is frigging hawt. Boys? Probably Ruka for his personality or Akio because... damn, he is sexy.

Chuchu and the frog! (No really, Ruka and Jury)

Nothing. I am not into video-pornography xD But if it's a tape of Jury doing super-girly-things... I'd surely get it and blackmail her emot-keke

Get some autographs then trying to get out.

I am going for the obvious "No existen los milagros" from Amaral ("Miracles don't exist") to Jury

Light-blue?

I think I'd be a rose-bride. I am not a determined person and I usually give up before trying because I'm afraid of important changes emot-frown

I sometimes identify myself with Anthy, is the character I best understand, but I don't really like her.

I don't know, but probably pancakes with chocolate do. They work for me.

Eadem mutata resurgo

#73 | Back to Top09-14-2011 08:13:06 AM

Dognog
Friend, Perhaps

My sister had it when i was around 7, and I would watch it with her sometimes, but I never actually sat and paid attention because I was too busy wondering what a due-list was and why there was a girl named Mickey. I always remembered the theme song, and a few months ago I (just suddenly) thought it'd be good to watch the whole show, that way I'd be qualified to listen to the song.

Akio, duh
Or Saionji. Or Utena. Or Anthy. Or.......

UtenaAnthy etc-love Because...I love them.

Take it :3 (they offered it after all)

Enjoy it, I guess o__o Actually, I'd probably be scared...

I don't know off the top of my head. And I can't really be bothered to look for any -w-

Pink emot-biggrin

A wannabe prince X_X I JUST WANT TO HELP...

Nothing in particular I can think of right now. I do like Utena a lot, I feel like I relate to her somehow, slowness and all..

Yeah ^w^ Saionji's cute when he smiles!

"DOGNOG: He's got a fiancee, hoes, and freaks with his sister. He is the original PIMP."

#74 | Back to Top09-14-2011 11:35:21 AM

KaleMarsh
High Tripper

A very good friend told me to do so.  It was almost like pulling out all my teeth at once to start it, but the concept intrigued me too much to stop.

Probably Utena.  She's strong-willed and pretty limber.  I should probably pick a male, too, but none of them appeal to me.  I can't even pretend.  It's either innocence stealing or "you're really full of yourself, aren't you?"

I don't really have a favorite.  I'll mention a couple that haven't been brought up (to my knowledge).  I would like to see Kozue and Juri because I think it would be sexy a train wreck.  I have a strange fondness for the idea of Nanami and Miki.  It's funny that allegorist mentioned Touga and Miki because, the more I watch the fifth episode, the more I become convinced that they have sex.

I probably wouldn't want it.  I'm in it for the train wreck.

Try to break into the arena and see if I could figure out how the whole illusion thing works.  Is it really a vagina getting screwed by Akio's dick tower?  Or is it just a big tree?  In general, I wish my school were as nice as Ohtori, so I might attend some classes or something.

SWLABR by Cream applies very well to Anthy.  Pinball Wizard by The Who for Miki.  Downfall by Matchbox Twenty for pretty much every relationship in the series.

No one can tell because I don't keep it clean.

It's very likely that I'm a Rose Bride who wants to be a duelist.  I'm too much of a different person depending on context and situations, I'm likely a pathological liar, and I'm an ass.  Hurrah.

Too much of it.  In particular, sick power struggle relationships and gender issues.  Yay for random forum confessions!

I can't imagine the texture appealing to him somehow.  He also prefers salty to sweet.

#75 | Back to Top09-14-2011 12:29:14 PM

Ashnod
La poétesse revolutionnaire
Website

Back when I was part of the Sailor Moon (more specifically the Dark Kingdom) community, I was friends with fanfic writer  Chu.... Utena came highly recommended from her.

Ugh. Honestly, it's hard for me to want to be intimate with any of them. I'm so much older than them at this point in my life. Aside from a handful, these are kids, after all, despite their apparent maturity beyond their years.

If I could be their age, it would probably be Juri. It's hard for me to define why because most fans see her as either fragile, cold, or emotionally distant. But I think she would best able to handle the intimacy over someone like Utena, Nanami, or Wakaba, who I think would be overwhelmed by it. And I'd fear how Shiori and Kozue would handle it.

Non-canon? Utena and Juri. Canon? Probably Saionji and Wakaba.

Nothing, any more than I'd want a video of any of my real life friends having romantic moments. These characters are very dear to me, and anything like that is an intrusion on their privacy.

Explore. Oh my goodness, I want to explore. I want to have tea with Utena. Watch Juri and Miki at fencing practice. Look out over the campus from the Council balcony. This is assuming I retain my memory of myself and the series, of course.

If we're going outside of the series music, I'd say Evanescence's "This Immortal" fits just about everything.

See-through. emot-wink

UGH.

I don't like the division between Prince and Duelist. In strictest terms, Utena isn't a Prince, she's as much of a Duelist as any of the other primary cast. She's simply the Duelist who had the game stacked in her favor before it ever started.

In that sense, I'd be a Duelist aspiring to be a Prince as much as Utena and certain members of the Council were.

Not as much as other people. Probably the worst emotional meltdown I've have had was the guy I really had the hots for me tell me he could never be attracted to me because I wasn't "weak" enough for him. As far I can tell, he meant physically weaker, that I wasn't some delicate little tulip like a Wakaba or a Nanami in terms of muscle and stature. We all have our physical quirks which make another person attractive or unattractive to us, but that one just devastated me. There was nothing at all I could do or say in that moment as a retort or even a counter-argument.

My own issues with my bisexuality never really mirrored say, Juri and Shiori, or Utena and Anthy, despite how I might want to romanticize them.

What pulls at me most, sad to say, is Touga and Juri's unyielding desire to smash the world's shell. That something better is destined for me and if I don't attain it, I've utterly failed at the one chance at life that I have. This crushed me then in school as much as it drives them, and to this day it haunts me.

Yes. As much as crepes purchased at the stand at the La Qua amusement park in Suidobashi also make him smile. But he never has anyone with him when he enjoys these treats, so no one in his life sees it.

Flowers without names blooming in the field can only sway in the wind. But I was born with a destiny of roses, born to live in passion and glory.

Chu...
Hat Mafia Member: Little Dark Poet

Board footer