You are not logged in.

#1 | Back to Top08-11-2010 08:32:47 AM

Ashnod
La poétesse revolutionnaire
Website

Rose Con 2010 Report

We are underway! After long drives, plane flights, and other assorted necessities, the Wednesday group are all gathered in one place.

We're currently in a room on the fourth floor, debating the merits of our balcony for Makio's plunge to the bottom.

Stormcrow, lex, Black Rose Vixen, Clarice, satyreyes, Yasha, Giovanna, and I are about ready to paint the town pink.

More to come!

Flowers without names blooming in the field can only sway in the wind. But I was born with a destiny of roses, born to live in passion and glory.

http://www.dark-kingdom.org/Gallery/osrgbanner.PNG
Hat Mafia Member: Little Dark Poet

#2 | Back to Top08-11-2010 10:50:41 AM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Re: Rose Con 2010 Report

Have fun, guys! I wish I could be there sooo much. emot-frown

Don't forget to chase the pigeons! emot-dance

#3 | Back to Top08-11-2010 04:56:38 PM

Neva Caruso
Tenjou Tilter

Have fun, everyone!

#4 | Back to Top08-11-2010 05:18:15 PM

Calamity
High Tripper

etc-love Enjoy, be safe, and let us know how your time goes everyone!

#5 | Back to Top08-11-2010 10:01:29 PM

bella
Atlantean Singer

HAVE FUN EVERYONE!! I REALLY wish I could be there, but such is life. Be safe and tell us all about it when you get back!

Happy Holidays Everyone! :3

#6 | Back to Top08-12-2010 03:55:31 AM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

Leaving for the airport pretty soon. My first flight has already been delayed 30 minutes though...crud.  That's going to pretty seriously narrow the time to get to my transfer flight. emot-frown

#7 | Back to Top08-12-2010 09:15:19 AM

Ashnod
Website

day one report:

Sadly, I have no pictures yet as I neglected to bring the USB cable for my camera, but they will be coming later when the dust settles.

Day one found us all gathering for breakfast at Cafe Du Monde. This came as a surprise for Stormcrow and I as we had decided to check out the free hotel breakfast (pastries and coffee or juice...wheee). We has a very kind waitress who everyone is convinced was trying to kidnap Stormy. "Oh, he pays for everything right? You have to do dishes to pay for everyone, right, big strong young man like you!" As soon as she spied satyreyes she then included him amongst her possible captures.

One thing we didnt necessarily plan on was the rain. It's been raining almost constantly since we've been here. So the walk from Cafe Du Monde to the trolley stop through the financial district soaked everyone who didn't come prepared with an umbrella. The trolley, somewhat expectedly, required exact change or a pass and so that first ride was a bit of a jumble trying to procure enough exact change for the group, since some of us just recently hit the ATM for cash and hadn't broken that into small bills or coin yet. The trolley was fun enough - the windows were down which is likely a necessity when it isn't raining, but for me, made the ride that much more intimate.

Once in the garden district, we spent quite a while searching for zombies in Lafayette Cemetery. Although we spied some shattered tombs and barefoot footprints, we came across no undead. We did, however, come across a very odd man who appeared to be a groundskeeper who asked us, "Are you all whores?" Well, that's what we heard, anyway. Apparently, he was actually asking, "Are you all a horde?" He also asked us to check out the website at "LAFAYETTE CEMETERY DOT O-R-G!"

Frau would later tell us he was just some sad old soul who used to work there and was under the delusion that he still did.

At this point, the humidity was becoming oppressive, so we starting looking for a place to get a beverage and in true RoseCon fashion ended up in the Sake Cafe II. We weren't exactly sure what we were getting into until we saw the literal wall of plaques proclaiming it the best sushi in New Orleans and among the best food in NO period, so you can already see where this ended up. Some very very tasty goat cheese gyoza and some sushi and sashimi later, we were quite satisfied. In particular, I found the eel to likely be the best I've had.

We then embarked on a quest for RTA passes. We weren't sure how much use of the trolley we were going to get over the week, but we figured it would be better than having to make exact change every time. This was the first time I've really made good use of my MyTouch's GPS functions, so I can finally say that investment paid off. We made our way to a local Walgreens, where the poor clerk had the most unfortunate luck trying to ring them all up, while Gio and Yasha acquired some local brew for sale to aid the oil spill cleanup charities.

We also came across the most awesome Barnes and Noble ever, built into an old NO mansion. Just looking at the place, you'd expect every book inside to be leatherbound with parchment pages.

Vixen, Clarice and I then returned to the hotel to meet up with Frau Eva, who had arrived back at the hotel, and to rest our feet, while the rest of the group continued to explore the garden district and discovered a delightful chocolate store. In Clarice's room, we had the most fascinating conversation about the Ultimate version of Paper, Scissors, Stone, and a debate on whether or not mouthwash or Silly String was a better ejaculate to have instead of semen.

When we were all hungry again, we ventured out down Bourbon Street until we found a cajun restaurant that satyr and Stormy wanted to check out, and they were quite right in wanting to seek this place out. It was fantastic: gumbo, barbecued shrimp pasta, alligator sausage, red beans and rice, crawfish, and red fish, not to mention some dynamite chocolate mousse. Frau's Creme Brulee inspired Giovanna to develop a recipe for Shrimp Creme Brulee.

Flowers without names blooming in the field can only sway in the wind. But I was born with a destiny of roses, born to live in passion and glory.

#8 | Back to Top08-12-2010 10:31:53 AM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

Mylene wrote:

Leaving for the airport pretty soon. My first flight has already been delayed 30 minutes though...crud.  That's going to pretty seriously narrow the time to get to my transfer flight. emot-frown

We took off, got going, and just about 10 minutes after the "you can turn on electronic devices" message, we turned around and went back to Indianapolis due to problems with the plane--from what I heard, it involved a fire indicator going off.

I got one step closer to RoseCon 2 than RoseCon 1, so maybe next time I'll actually get to arrive at RoseCon3. emot-frown  Now to mail back my tickets since the lady at the counter that told me I could get a refund didn't take back the damn things when I repeatedly tried to verify what I needed to do to get the refund.  Guess she forgot an important step. emot-rolleyes

I am so emotionally drained at this point. My one point of comfort is knowing that I will get to be held in Paradox's arms tonight and he'll make everything all better.

Last edited by Mylene (08-12-2010 10:32:09 AM)

#9 | Back to Top08-12-2010 11:00:41 AM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

Mylene, you're not going? I'm so sorry.... ): I was looking forward to seeing you. *major hugs* Grr... damn airports...

I'm so excited reading about the Rosecon events thus far! I haven't even been on the trolleys before...
See you all in six-ish hours. etc-love

(I wish my "The Scream" umbrella didn't get stolen/flew away... I guess I'll have to bring the cheap black umbrella I bought in London)

#10 | Back to Top08-13-2010 08:18:49 AM

Soukougnan
Black Rosarian
Website

sounds like things are going nicely. :3
sucks that i couldn't make it, even though i'm just a few hours away.
always a next time, eh?

have a super fun time, folks~

hm. i'm... here again? catch me in the discord-- im fairybull

#11 | Back to Top08-13-2010 12:46:49 PM

chrisb
Eternal Eschatologist

Sorry you didn't get to go Mylene emot-frown Like you said there's always next time and I'm sure you'll get there!

It sounds like the rest of you con goers are safe and having a good time. I'm looking forward to reading all the stories and seeing all the cool pics you guys take emot-keke

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a358/clow987/Christmas2011SSSigGift.png

#12 | Back to Top08-13-2010 04:33:08 PM

Lightice
Azure Paleontologist

Have fun, folks!

Still on the wrong continent to attend, unfortunately.

Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

#13 | Back to Top08-14-2010 01:39:07 AM

Ashnod
Website

I have been extremely remiss in my reporting, but I will admit at this point any further updates will probably wait for the full Con report that the various authors will type up.

If I can sum up the past two days:

It's rained. EVERY day. Some times in sheets and sheets of it. Today's excursion to Cafe Du Monde can be measured between the two downpours.

The quest to make our hotel TV's display both the Sega Saturn game and the remastered videos has been one of ongoing frustration and eventual triumph.

Ruka has been officially dubbed "that guy" by Dollface and I. Shiori and Juri fans unite at last!!!

Cochon was amazing. There are few words to describe it fully, but Stormcrow best put it as "foodvana."

Riri's Saionji cookies were fantastic.

Sleep Debt Fairy brought everyone roses. It was awesome to have everyone's duelist rose appropriately worn for the past two days.

Sexing Touga got up close and personal with a Burlesque dancer - it was quite fun.

Clarice has the best room of all of us, even if it is in the spooky haunted section of the building.

Cards will be coming for those who requested them.

And, based on how everyone dressed for Cochon, this forum is the sexiest fanbase in all of anime.

#14 | Back to Top08-15-2010 07:39:23 PM

BlackRoseVixen
Snowdrop Lover
Website

Well, I'm home from RoseCon. I can only discribe it with one word... OMG!!! etc-love etc-love etc-love etc-love etc-love Seriously! It was amazing. The city, the food, the company, EVERYTHING! I wasn't ready to leave. Four days of awesomeness was not enough. I say we shoot for a week next time, yo! emot-dance

The ride out to NO with Stormy, Lex, and Ashnod was a blast. We laughed and talked smack all the way there. All the way back too. *sniffle* I miss you guys already! emot-frown

I'm so, so, so very happy that I got to meet so many members while at the con and see some old friends from 2008! *waves to them* Everyone was so great and sooooo nice to me. Makes meh feel all fuzzy inside. etc-love etc-love etc-love Glad everybody seemed to get a kick out of my impression of the guy from the graveyard! YAY!!!

I'm so tired right now, but so very happy. Really wired, dude. Gotta calm down. emot-tongue

Yeah, I'll stop gushing now. Can't wait for next year! Las Vegas anyone? emot-dance Lol, just kidding.

P.S. CLAIRICE'S ACCENT IS EPIC!!! poptart

The Saionji Support Squad: Believing in True Friendship Since 2006.

Hat Mafia Member: The Vixen

#15 | Back to Top08-15-2010 11:14:55 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

I miss everyone! ): It's not the same... but I did appreciate the million glomps of love. etc-love

I uploaded pictures to my computer, so whenever we get a group flickr account started I'll upload them. Although I honestly wish I got more pictures. I'll probably steal other peoples' pics! (:

I'm going to miss having such interesting conversations... the company back home is not the same! BLAH, I say!

Edit: Wow, I wanna slap my roommates when they roll their eyes for "over-thinking," things. I miss you guys. etc-love I miss intelligent life around here!

Last edited by SleepDebtFairy (08-15-2010 11:25:05 PM)

#16 | Back to Top08-15-2010 11:49:23 PM

wingedbeastie
Nest Boxer

I will make it to RoseCon 3

Check out my: Twitter|Voice Over Tumblr|

#17 | Back to Top08-16-2010 11:27:04 AM

BlackRoseVixen
Snowdrop Lover
Website

I hope you will make it, Anji, and it was awesome to meet you, SleepDebt! You have epic win points for bringing us all roses. Thank you so much! *huggles* etc-love etc-love etc-love I promise to keep mine foreverz.

#18 | Back to Top08-16-2010 05:19:01 PM

Frau Eva
Voodoo Queen

I had redonk fun. Not only do I love this city, but really, just sitting around watching Utena with people who actually love it as much as you do is a truly amazing experience. I miss everyone, and feel so blessed to have met you all.

Also, once we get the photos going in the flicker account, we need to remember to send that adorable lady at Cafe du Monde her picture. Bonnie switched her Southern Belle hat for the Cafe du Monde cap. poptart

Hat Mafia Member

#19 | Back to Top08-16-2010 09:17:16 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

It was truly epic and awesome. etc-loveetc-loveetc-love I really need to gank some pictures from y'all as my camera died on Friday and I therefore couldn't take any myself after that point, but still. OMG THE MONSTER HANDS. emot-rofl Now, if only my damn luggage would turn up...

Also, BRV? I have just one word for you...

...OH.

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#20 | Back to Top08-16-2010 09:17:54 PM

Ashnod
Website

Clarice wrote:

It was truly epic and awesome. etc-loveetc-loveetc-love I really need to gank some pictures from y'all as my camera died on Friday and I therefore couldn't take any myself after that point, but still. OMG THE MONSTER HANDS. emot-rofl Now, if only my damn luggage would turn up...

Also, BRV? I have just one word for you...

...OH.

Gonna get'em HOT! Show'em what I GOT!

#21 | Back to Top08-16-2010 09:23:08 PM

BlackRoseVixen
Snowdrop Lover
Website

OH-OH-OH! poptart

#22 | Back to Top08-16-2010 10:36:22 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

I've heard that a film adaption of The Legend of Cage is already underway. Look for it in 2011.

Seriously you guys, this trip was more amazing than I can put into words. So many inside jokes, most of which I've already cursed myself for forgetting-- so many colorful roses, courtesy of SleepDebtFairy-- so many terrible pictures of us cheesing like crazy, and they're really not terrible at all because we're laughing and smiling and so genuinely happy that it makes my heart swell (luckily, our leading lady Giovanna has the medical training to stop this from becoming too much of a problem.)

I miss you all too much to bear. You should have seen the last goodbyes-- biting back a sob, oh god. etc-love etc-love etc-love This trip has made me laugh more than I ever thought it would. The rest of the world is missing out on the pure level of awesome that vIRGins are made of.

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#23 | Back to Top08-16-2010 11:15:17 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

dollface wrote:

I miss you all too much to bear. You should have seen the last goodbyes-- biting back a sob, oh god. etc-love etc-love etc-love This trip has made me laugh more than I ever thought it would. The rest of the world is missing out on the pure level of awesome that vIRGins are made of.

SO MUCH AWESOME, SO LITTLE TIME. But yeah, I saved my sobs for when I looked like a right sad little soul -- on the concourse at NOLA airport. Honestly, they must have thought I'd been in town for a funeral or something, especially after I started crying on the plane. emot-gonkemot-gonkemot-gonk

...and BRV, you're making me think I ought to open up a 24 hour sex-line. Except I'd probably bankrupt Frosty...even with mates rates. emot-rofl

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#24 | Back to Top08-17-2010 04:21:19 AM

Syora
Presidential Accoster

YOU GUYS. etc-love So jealous I couldn't come, but it sounded WONDERFUL.

Mylene, my most heartfelt condolences that things just didn't work out. *hugs tightly* I really hope you get your tickets refunded and then some.

Cross your fingers for RoseCon 3? But I suppose it's far too early to start thinking about that so early.

Looking forward to pics. emot-dance

#25 | Back to Top08-17-2010 09:13:10 AM

Ashnod
Website

Links to pics are in the Rose Con 2: The EnBourboning thread. emot-wink

Board footer