You are not logged in.

Gougai! Gougai!

HOLY SHIT PEOPLE, IT'S NOT BAD ENOUGH WE'RE GETTING AN UTENA EXHIBITION RIGHT NOW

THEY. ARE. MAKING. A. NEW. MUSICAL. NEXT. YEAR. START LOSING YOUR SHIT RIGHT NOW

#351 | Back to Top06-12-2010 09:31:37 AM

Ruggahissy
Ballgoer

Re: Let's Play! Utena, Round 3: The Path Before Us Has Been Prepared

Wow. Miki brought a whole duffle bag of soy sauce.

God! Touga watches us when we sleep. Good thing we wear pjs, hu?

Pooor alternate Miki. His sister was willing to sell him down the road to a girl with a giant rack. I feel for you, buddy.

Let's tease

#352 | Back to Top06-12-2010 10:23:23 AM

Zabel Z
Ohtori Paramouri

Wow! Touga was stalking D-ko even better than she was stalking him.

Touga:
Your best subject is Japanese.
Your karaoke specialty is Rondo Revolution.
You sleep in pajamas.
You haven't had your first kiss yet.
Do you have any other questions?

He expresses now how he really wanted to see D-ko naked. Or just in panties etc-wankdude

Let's ARGUE with Miki, who he thinks he is to talk with D-ko like that? emot-mad

Damm kids, get out of my lawn!!!

#353 | Back to Top06-12-2010 10:38:29 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Forum
Website

He even brought fish sauce, what a suck up. emot-rolleyes

Let's argue with him. school-chef

BTW...gonna put this out there, but that's the first time in all this ridiculous Touga macking that I've thought 'shit that might work.' I mean, he did his homework, and that's actually flattering, as opposed to his usual 'you're the girl for me' shit. That said, he was way better at this than Edward before these lines.

Also, do thou wear thine suits and cuffs, be thee male or no, for such attire doth please my girl parts. - Gios 3:15
Chiefest of Calamities

#354 | Back to Top06-12-2010 12:21:23 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Touga knows not the meaning of the word chagrin.

I mean.  Neither does Smeyer but that isn't the point.

I wonder how he got that info, by the by.  The Japanese thing could be found out by checking her grades, which wouldn't be too difficult for him to find out.  Everything else but the kiss (perhaps) may have even been investigated by Nanami's crew, looking to find some dirty secret or weakness of D-ko's to use against her which he found out about and tut-tutted against as he casually folded and tucked away their research into his jacket.  The first kiss, though?  I think Touga's one hell of a cold reader.  That and Ohtori students tend to wear their virginity on their sleeves.

Last edited by OnlyInThisLight (06-12-2010 12:22:11 PM)

#355 | Back to Top06-12-2010 02:09:52 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

The best part is that Touga probably exhausted all of his impressive knowledge at the end there, heading off any questions he didn't know the answer to. Plus he ends with the two most intimate things, just to drive the conversation off course.

How did Touga really know what D-ko wears to bed?

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/7435/00000332.png

Anyway, I'll vote to tease Miki, because that's the funnest option.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#356 | Back to Top06-12-2010 02:26:49 PM

Zabel Z
Ohtori Paramouri

Ragnarok wrote: The best part is that Touga probably exhausted all of his impressive knowledge at the end there, heading off any questions he didn't know the answer to. Plus he ends with the two most intimate things, just to drive the conversation off course.

How did Touga really know what D-ko wears to bed?

So Touga overran D-ko's room to search for her ID card, underwear and possibly a diary? school-sherlock

Damm kids, get out of my lawn!!!

#357 | Back to Top06-12-2010 04:02:30 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Gio wrote:

BTW...gonna put this out there, but that's the first time in all this ridiculous Touga macking that I've thought 'shit that might work.' I mean, he did his homework, and that's actually flattering, as opposed to his usual 'you're the girl for me' shit.

On the other hand, remember episode 11?  Touga seemed to know that Utena was looking for a prince who once kissed her and made her feel better when she was crying.  It's possible Akio has fed him Utena's backstory, but that's unlikely at this stage of the anime.  It's more likely Touga heard about the prince secondhand -- Utena hardly makes a secret of it, Juri knows about it -- and made the reasonable guess that the prince had comforted her a long time ago, since that's what would make a prince story memorable and it squares with his mental "typing" of Utena.  Some people in real life, such as John Edward, are spookily good at this and can make careers out of it.  Touga's seduction of Utena in this scene requires a little bit of background knowledge and a whole lot of natural talent, but precious little research or genuine interest.

In the same way:

Touga:
1) Your birthday is March 28.
2) Your blood type is A, Rh +.
3) Your favorite food is Mont Blanc.
4) Your best subject is Japanese.
5) Your karaoke specialty is Rondo Revolution.
6) You sleep in pajamas.
7) You haven't had your first kiss yet.
Do you have any other questions?

As to 1 and 2, this information is undoubtedly in D-ko's student file.  As the president of the Student Council in a school where that organization is in charge of everything and maintains an enormous archive, it took Touga probably five seconds to get it.

As to 3, 4, and 5, these are subjective questions that tend to sound like "hits" even if they're actually misses.  Mont Blanc is an extremely popular dessert in Japan, Japanese is a pretty likely subject for D-ko to be good at, and Rondo Revolution is presumably a runaway hit single.  Even if D-ko actually likes pudding best, does her best work in history, and prefers to sing Truth, Touga's guesses are probably close enough that when he presents them confidently, D-ko agrees with him.

As to 6 and 7, of course D-ko sleeps in pajamas and hasn't had her first kiss yet.  Even I knew that.  It doesn't take much people sense to make a pretty solid conjecture that shy, repressed, hung-up, perpetually victimized D-ko sleeps modestly and hasn't had much or any sexual experience.

So yeah, maybe the line would work, but Touga isn't saying anything that proves he spent any time on D-ko.  He's just proving, again, that he is very, very suave.  school-devil

#358 | Back to Top06-12-2010 07:04:25 PM

Dallbun
Tour Guide to Crawling Chaos

Giovanna wrote:

BTW...gonna put this out there, but that's the first time in all this ridiculous Touga macking that I've thought 'shit that might work.' I mean, he did his homework, and that's actually flattering, as opposed to his usual 'you're the girl for me' shit. That said, he was way better at this than Edward before these lines.

Agreed. Even though Touga doesn't try to hide the fact that he's sleeping around, I now understand how he could make someone feel "sure, he's a playboy, but there's something about me that seems to somehow fascinate him!"

satyreyes wrote:

It's possible Akio has fed him Utena's backstory, but that's unlikely at this stage of the anime.  It's more likely Touga heard about the prince secondhand -- Utena hardly makes a secret of it, Juri knows about it

Yeah, that one is explicitly Juri's fault. She spills the beans in the Student Council meeting in episode 9.

Juri:  By the way, Tenjou Utena said she had met a prince when she was very young.
Micky:  A prince?
Juri:  Yes.
Juri:  She said she came to the academy to see a prince she met when she was very young.
Touga:  She's quite the romantic.
Touga:  A prince, eh?
Touga:  I see.

Last edited by Dallbun (06-12-2010 07:04:39 PM)

#359 | Back to Top06-12-2010 07:10:25 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

satyreyes wrote:

On the other hand, remember episode 11?  Touga seemed to know that Utena was looking for a prince who once kissed her and made her feel better when she was crying.  It's possible Akio has fed him Utena's backstory, but that's unlikely at this stage of the anime.  It's more likely Touga heard about the prince secondhand -- Utena hardly makes a secret of it, Juri knows about it -- and made the reasonable guess that the prince had comforted her a long time ago, since that's what would make a prince story memorable and it squares with his mental "typing" of Utena.

This is a little OT, but there's an implication that Touga saw this in the first place, or at least some of it. I'd have to rewatch a good deal of the series to be sure of it, but while it's clear Saionji doesn't realise at first that the little girl in the coffin was Utena, we're not actually told one way or another that Touga doesn't realise this, are we? It always sat well with my impression of Touga, in retrospect (I saw the Student Council Arc AFTER I'd watched everything else). Touga wants to be a prince, but he was outdone by Akio at age...nine? Ten? So, he decides to be suave instead of chivalrous and figures if he's good enough at it, most girls won't know the difference. Ironically, Utena, the girl who first taught him that "earnestness" couldn't save all girls (I'm of the impression he went back, and later lies about it to Saionji because he doesn'd want to admit it; you can read the scene as Touga doing so even if he DIDN'T go back, but I find the motivation better the other way), is the only one who doesn't fall for it. It also helps lubricate the way towards explaining why Touga emulates Akio. Although the power and the sex probably help. emot-rofl

WOW THAT WAS OT AND PROBABLY COMPLETELY NONSENSE. ON THE OTHER HAND, THAT MIKI SURE DO GOT SOME AWESOME SOY SAUCE. emot-biggrin

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#360 | Back to Top06-12-2010 08:41:28 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Clarice wrote:

satyreyes wrote:

Touga seemed to know that Utena was looking for a prince who once kissed her and made her feel better when she was crying. . . (blah blah blah)

This is a little OT, but there's an implication that Touga saw this in the first place, or at least some of it. I'd have to rewatch a good deal of the series to be sure of it, but while it's clear Saionji doesn't realise at first that the little girl in the coffin was Utena, we're not actually told one way or another that Touga doesn't realise this, are we? It always sat well with my impression of Touga, in retrospect (I saw the Student Council Arc AFTER I'd watched everything else). Touga wants to be a prince, but he was outdone by Akio at age...nine? Ten? So, he decides to be suave instead of chivalrous and figures if he's good enough at it, most girls won't know the difference. Ironically, Utena, the girl who first taught him that "earnestness" couldn't save all girls (I'm of the impression he went back, and later lies about it to Saionji because he doesn'd want to admit it; you can read the scene as Touga doing so even if he DIDN'T go back, but I find the motivation better the other way), is the only one who doesn't fall for it. It also helps lubricate the way towards explaining why Touga emulates Akio. Although the power and the sex probably help. emot-rofl

Hmm... you're right that it's unclear when Touga recognizes Utena as the girl in the coffin.  He does seem to beat Saionji to this epiphany, but I don't remember any evidence that he remembered his past with Utena during the Student Council Arc.  And the idea that Touga went back to the coffin that night in the church seems to come entirely from Saionji's imagination; Saionji figures that since the girl came out of the coffin in the end, Touga must have gone back and shown her something eternal.  If Touga had actually gone back, though, he would've seen a lot more than a prince wiping the tears from Utena's eyes.  He would've seen the whole nasty backstory -- the lying, the witch, and the sword-globe, as it were.  (Someone shoot me.)  And if he had seen all that... well, I guess it's possible he still would've chosen to get mixed up in it, but it would completely change how we view his character!  A good AU fanfic, but I just don't remember any reason to think that's how it happened.  And "Wasn't your prince a guy like me?" would be a rather daring line if Touga knew who Utena's prince really was.

A different possibility -- and actually, a rather pretty one -- is that Touga remembers Utena, figures that he was the last person she saw that night, and incorrectly assumes that he is her prince.  No wonder he thinks he knows what her prince was like; he thinks she's remembering him!

Or there's the possibility I suggested originally: Touga is clueless, and this is just how he picks up girls when he deigns to notice who he's picking up.  It's kind of funny how little we know about the inside of Touga's head during this arc.  We don't even really know whether he's met Akio in person or not.  Quandaries...

Sorry for the OT, Dallbun.  Still, it's a testament to the quality of this game that it can raise questions about the show!  Touga's behavior towards D-ko here is comparable to his behavior towards Utena, and I think that's just fascinating. emot-smile

More on topic, don't worry about it.  Poor Miki gets teased and ridiculed by many of his peers and all of his senpai, however affectionately; he doesn't need us starting in on him too.  emot-frown

#361 | Back to Top06-12-2010 09:01:15 PM

Cyrias
Tenjou Tilter

Tease Miki etc-wankgirl He is awfully kind for finding out who ransacked a room, hm. And lol at Toga's question/answer segment emot-keke That confirms he's being looking at the school files, lets hope Akio doesn't snoop around school-sherlock

In lumine tuo, videbimus amor ('In your light, we shall love') Slippy slippery mambo~ everyone at Ohtori is in some kind of spiritual land, created by Goddess Anthy and her brother Akio?!

#362 | Back to Top06-12-2010 09:13:40 PM

teyhy
High Tripper
Website

hmmm... maybe Touga did remembered because he ran his hand through her hair just like he did the first time they met, when they were young.

And this sentence
Anthy:
These fried oysters are good as well, Utena-sama.
Everytime I read it I feel that Anthy is talking about aphrodisiacs to Utena.

Also I know we are trying (and succeeding) to get the Black Rose ending but how do we get this ending?
http://ohtori.nu/galerie/v/game/screens … 4.jpg.html
PS let's tease Miki, I don't have the heart to argue with him.

Last edited by teyhy (06-12-2010 09:53:31 PM)

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils - H. Berlioz.
http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/ad133/teyhy/for%20fo/Untitled-1copy.jpg?t=1280266589

#363 | Back to Top06-12-2010 09:45:04 PM

Dallbun

Again, Touga does explicitly hear about Utena's prince story from Juri in episode 9. He references it to Utena for the first time shortly after, suggesting that he didn't know about it before that. I suppose the only question is whether he does, in fact, connect that story to his and Saionji's youthful experience then, or later.

teyhy wrote:

Also I know we are trying (and succeeding) to get the Black Rose ending but how do we get this ending?
Link

That's from the Anthy ending, which you get by:
1.) picking choices that give you Anthy points (and Gag points, which are apparently different in some way?)
2.) making sure that not all the Student Council members have fallen by the morning of the 25th
3.) choosing to talk to Anthy instead when you're given the option of speaking to a Student Council member about the upcoming duel
4.) and then choosing the correct conversation option from there.

Technically, though, displaying that picture counts as a plot spoiler, which I'd like to avoid in this thread as much as possible. I know it's available in the gallery and all, but do you mind changing it to a hyperlink? emot-smile

#364 | Back to Top06-12-2010 09:54:40 PM

teyhy
High Tripper
Website

http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/ad133/teyhy/for%20fo/Series_ep04_053.jpg?t=1276401241
Sorry, didn't mean to give spoilers

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils - H. Berlioz.
http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/ad133/teyhy/for%20fo/Untitled-1copy.jpg?t=1280266589

#365 | Back to Top06-12-2010 10:19:46 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

I kinda want to, Argue (+1 SECRET ANTHY POINT) with Miki but I am worried that he might snap on us.
Also regarding how Touga know all that info about D-co; gossip, and if not that, treads/run of the mill teenage girl BS. After all look at whom his mentor turns out to be on the show. Akio is most likely an expert at cold readings/detailed first impressions...second only to Anthy.

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#366 | Back to Top06-12-2010 10:42:07 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary

Wow Touga is creepy. emot-confused Then again, with how he was with Utena, shouldn't be surprised.

Argue, totally!

"There’s no starting over, no new beginnings, time races on
And you've just gotta keep on keeping on"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/Tushen/cupcake_mini2.gif

#367 | Back to Top06-13-2010 04:03:08 AM

Dallbun

We argue with Miki. Or, more accurately, we veer the conversation into a bizarre non sequitur, which is apparently exactly the kind of thing that Anthy likes.

D-ko:
Maybe there aren't any goods that people would want to steal,
but I'm a really classy, smoking-hot girl, don't you think?
For a boy, I'm the greatest treasure of all!

(+1 SECRET ANTHY POINT)

Miki:
Um, yeah... smoking hot.

D-ko: (sharply)
What?

Miki:
No, it's nothing!

Really, D-ko? You don't think that's in bad taste? http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Ultima%209/Images/emot-raise.gif

Then again, who knows? Maybe it was the Phantom Thief, Rose Cloak, who broke in to steal D-ko's heart away. Or maybe it was Makio, desperately tearing the room apart in search of his keys.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/9941/00000360.png
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/6659/00000362.png
Shadow Girls:
I wonder, I wonder, do you know what I wonder?

A-ko:
Night is the time to perform fairy tales!
Long, long ago, in a certain place,
there was a prince, and a princess,
and an evil queen.

B-ko:
Hmm, hmm.

A-ko:
The evil queen grew rich through her powerful magic.
She had status, and fame, too.

B-ko:
Ahh... I'm so jealous!

A-ko:
But, the only place her hand couldn't reach was the prince's heart.
Therefore...

B-ko:
Hold on a minute!

A-ko:
What is it? We're just getting to the good part!

B-ko:
You're doing great, but I can't see your performance at all.

A-ko:
Oh, no!!!

Maybe you two should find another hobby, for nights where you don't have any light. How about radio?

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/9583/00000365.png
D-ko:
For some reason, I can't sleep.
I guess a lot of things happened today...
I wonder what I should do? Is there anything I can do, all by myself?
Back at the masquerade, the masked person said...
that I would disappear.
Is that true...? Could it possibly be true?
Maybe, before I disappear tomorrow, I should go talk with someone...?

CHOICE:
Utena (UTENA +2)
Touga (TOUGA +3)
Miki (MIKI +3)
Don't discuss it with anyone (No points)

Not even +3 points can dig Miki out of the hole we've dug, so either Utena or Miki are perfectly safe options.

Last edited by Dallbun (06-13-2010 04:28:58 AM)

#368 | Back to Top06-13-2010 04:23:14 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

...out of curiosity, what's Miki's tone of voice when he says "smoking hot"? I just...can't imagine those words coming out of his mouth. Under any circumstances. At all. emot-rofl

I think Utena. Maybe Anthy's watching weird designer shows on her miniature tv again...we now know Anthy likes those smokin' hot girls, after all. emot-rolleyes

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#369 | Back to Top06-13-2010 04:30:19 AM

Dallbun

Clarice wrote:

...out of curiosity, what's Miki's tone of voice when he says "smoking hot"? I just...can't imagine those words coming out of his mouth. Under any circumstances. At all. emot-rofl

He's clearly at an absolute loss as to what to say, so he's just echoing what we said, rather unconvincingly. D-ko's sharp retort is because he didn't sound sincere enough. Sorry that was unclear. emot-tongue

#370 | Back to Top06-13-2010 04:37:43 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Dallbun wrote:

He's clearly at an absolute loss as to what to say, so he's just echoing what we said, rather unconvincingly. D-ko's sharp retort is because he didn't sound sincere enough. Sorry that was unclear. emot-tongue

No worries -- I wondered if that was it. It's just that the words "Miki" and "smoking hot" together cause my brain to implode. emot-rofl

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#371 | Back to Top06-13-2010 06:42:38 AM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

emot-rofl at

D-ko:
Maybe there aren't any goods that people would want to steal,
but I'm a really classy, smoking-hot girl, don't you think?
For a boy, I'm the greatest treasure of all!

(+1 SECRET ANTHY POINT)

Miki:
Um, yeah... smoking hot.

D-ko: (sharply)
What?

Miki:
No, it's nothing!

this exchange is awesomely asinine.

Also, I vote Touga, possibly informative and we might get bonus cock; and we have fucked with poor Miki enough.  Refer to the exchange above; I also want to know his sister's reaction to the news that her bro, said that another chick was smoking hot. I hope that D-ko can duck well...

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#372 | Back to Top06-13-2010 11:07:14 AM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

The Touga option is completely uninformative, but full of bonus cock.

Anyway, I vote for Utena.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#373 | Back to Top06-13-2010 11:13:59 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Utena, absolutely.  etc-love

#374 | Back to Top06-13-2010 02:06:52 PM

RhythmFusion
Rose Smilee

Utena

"But screw your courage to the sticking place, and we'll not fail." ~ Lady Macbeth; Macbeth - Act One, Scene 7
"Crying is such hypocrisy. How can happiness cause the same reaction as sadness? Does pleasure share the same edge of the blade of life as pain?" - What His Crimson Eyes Believe in: Ch. 2

#375 | Back to Top06-13-2010 02:09:19 PM

teyhy
High Tripper
Website

Our smoking hot D-ko should go see Utena

Board footer