You are not logged in.

Gougai! Gougai!

HOLY SHIT PEOPLE, IT'S NOT BAD ENOUGH WE'RE GETTING AN UTENA EXHIBITION RIGHT NOW

THEY. ARE. MAKING. A. NEW. MUSICAL. NEXT. YEAR. START LOSING YOUR SHIT RIGHT NOW

#451 | Back to Top02-20-2014 11:34:12 PM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

Re: Fans of Le Television

Paused on catching up with modern TV shows to watch some COPS episodes and damn that cartoon was ahead of its time. Or, high quality for its time. Awesome, smooth, fast animation. Great character designs. Solid writing. Unstilted and emotive voice acting. And from the main cast to the US Pres, they were way ahead on diversity (with loads less ethnic and sex stereotyping than their contemporaries).

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

#452 | Back to Top02-22-2014 04:54:22 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Hannibal starts again soon. He-ate-us needs to be over faster than this. emot-mad

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#453 | Back to Top02-23-2014 02:30:21 PM

crystalwren
Dark Whisperer
Website

Fucking oath, yes!

#454 | Back to Top02-23-2014 04:56:57 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Yasha wrote:

Hannibal starts again soon. He-ate-us needs to be over faster than this. emot-mad

Never forget this pun.

#455 | Back to Top02-24-2014 10:24:42 PM

The_Lame_Goat
Rose Smilee

Does anyone know if Hannibal S2 will be available online like it was last season? I'm away from home and I may not be able to secure one of the college's TVs.

Oh treachery!

#456 | Back to Top02-25-2014 10:19:39 AM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

I almost can't handle how happy Steven Universe makes me.  etc-love  It's just... with the pretty, and creative, and so sweet and just... afhgjdf.

#457 | Back to Top02-25-2014 02:03:44 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Forum
Website

The_Lame_Goat wrote:

Does anyone know if Hannibal S2 will be available online like it was last season? I'm away from home and I may not be able to secure one of the college's TVs.

I'm quite sure it will be, that's become kind of a universal norm.

Also, do thou wear thine suits and cuffs, be thee male or no, for such attire doth please my girl parts. - Gios 3:15
Chiefest of Calamities

#458 | Back to Top02-25-2014 04:19:29 PM

Anthiena
Egghead

I watched the Persona 4 anime.

I did not like that Hulu posted massive spoilers on two of the episodes.

Overall, I rather liked it. I kept wishing it was the English game voices, which was excellent, instead of the Japanese cast. They were good, really good, I just prefer the English cast here.

Yu is hilarious.

I stopped seeking to be sought after. That wasn't being true to myself.
I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Ikuni

#459 | Back to Top03-11-2014 04:26:30 PM

Snow
Troublesome Insect

I can proudly state that I cried like a little bitch to the last episode of True Detective.

The lack of cynicism at the very end and my surprise with it made me realize just how jaded film and television have become lately...

#460 | Back to Top03-23-2014 08:29:45 PM

mercurynin
Flourishing Verderer

Oh, Hannibal. That'll teach me for picking favorites. emot-gonk emot-mad

While I'm on the topic, I know I mentioned writing an essay comparing TV!Hannibal and Akio to Lucifer, but having two jobs has eaten my life. I hope to come back to the idea this summer, when I'm down to just one job and have two seasons' worth of TV!Hannibal to consider.

You know our hearts beat time out very slowly.  You know our hearts beat time -- they are waiting for something that'll never arrive.

#461 | Back to Top03-24-2014 08:15:02 PM

Ashnod
La poétesse revolutionnaire
Website

After bitching about the stupid love triangle at the beginning of The Tomorrow People, the show has gotten good enough that if it does not see a second season I am going to be seriously disappointed.

emot-gonk

And if you're not watching Cosmos, either broadcast or online, WHY NOT???

Last edited by Ashnod (03-24-2014 08:15:54 PM)

Flowers without names blooming in the field can only sway in the wind. But I was born with a destiny of roses, born to live in passion and glory.

http://www.dark-kingdom.org/Gallery/osrgbanner.PNG
Hat Mafia Member: Little Dark Poet

#462 | Back to Top03-28-2014 09:27:23 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Forum
Website

ASH

ASH

DOES NDT ON THE BRIDGE OF THE SHIP OF IMAGINATION REMIND YOU OF ANYTHING

COME ON DOES IT

DOOOOESSS ITTTT

Also, do thou wear thine suits and cuffs, be thee male or no, for such attire doth please my girl parts. - Gios 3:15
Chiefest of Calamities

#463 | Back to Top03-29-2014 11:44:48 AM

Nova
Phoenix Down

What, you mean when NDT is shot from behind, silhouetted against a red giant star? Nah, doesn't remind me of anything at all. . .

And if you're not watching Cosmos, either broadcast or online, WHY NOT???

The online version is vastly superior. The broadcast is ruined by horrible ads every five minutes.

Last edited by Nova (03-29-2014 11:46:01 AM)

I have left this forum. If you wish to contact me, ask Ashnod or Satyreyes how I may be reached.

#464 | Back to Top03-30-2014 12:06:07 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Forum
Website

Nova wrote:

What, you mean when NDT is shot from behind, silhouetted against a red giant star? Nah, doesn't remind me of anything at all. . .

If you're going to put a nod to something in your historic future-focused television series....

Also LOL, televised WHUT. My TV doesn't connect to anything but a PC. emot-rolleyes

Chiefest of Calamities

#465 | Back to Top03-30-2014 12:30:18 AM

Nova
Phoenix Down

Giovanna wrote:

Also LOL, televised WHUT. My TV doesn't connect to anything but a PC. emot-rolleyes

Too cool for me, I guess.

We get the local stations over the air and the dips at the cable company hooked one of our rooms to the neighbor's splitter. I'm in no hurry to tell them they made a mistake.

I have left this forum. If you wish to contact me, ask Ashnod or Satyreyes how I may be reached.

#466 | Back to Top04-11-2014 06:02:37 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Steven Universe is best cartoon.  etc-loveetc-loveetc-love

If the sword duel between Pearl and her hologram atop the stone pillar arena isn't a near shot-for-shot homage to recycled footage in Utena, I'll eat my shih tzu.

#467 | Back to Top04-12-2014 02:33:20 AM

Arki
Dark Whisperer

It was glorious.

I still have to catch up with/to/on/? the rest of the series, but that goes for every other thing I would like to watch, too. Not enough time for TVs right now. emot-frown

#468 | Back to Top04-12-2014 03:45:49 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Forum
Website

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

If the sword duel between Pearl and her hologram atop the stone pillar arena isn't a near shot-for-shot homage to recycled footage in Utena, I'll eat my shih tzu.

I'd say your dog's going to be fine. emot-dance

It's the stone pillars that give it away even more than the dueling shots. I dunno nuffin about this show but it's always awesome to see Utena getting a nod.

Chiefest of Calamities

#469 | Back to Top04-12-2014 11:07:03 AM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Giovanna wrote:

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

I'd say your dog's going to be fine. emot-dance

It's the stone pillars that give it away even more than the dueling shots. I dunno nuffin about this show but it's always awesome to see Utena getting a nod.

Facts about Steven Universe:

-First show on Cartoon Network to be created and headed by a woman.  Kinda sad, actually.
-It is perfect.
-A young boy is half human, half super-powered, magical protector of the universe, or Gem.  His mother, a Gem herself, died giving birth to him, and passed on her Gem, a Rose Quartz, to him.  He is raised in a house that is stuck to the side of an ancient temple, where accomplished Gems Garnet, Pearl and Amethyst both raise him and attempt to train him to use his powers.  The Gems are decidedly not human, despite their rich personalities;  they do not require food and rest, they do not age or wither, and they each draw their power, and their unique weapons, from a gemstone inlaid in their bodies. 
-Steven is a total goober, but loves his three psuedo-sisters and looks up to them.  His goal is to one day be a powerful Gem like his mother was.  They, in turn, love him, but are super awkward about it because there are things about being human, especially family and loss, that they have a hard time understanding.  That's right, the young male protagonist is inspired by and hopes to emulate a bunch of powerful, amazing women.  He doesn't usurp or surpass them, even when he triumphs, he isn't desperate to live up to the image of a dead father figure, he isn't upset to be taking advice and orders from a house full of women...   etc-loveetc-loveetc-love
-The show is full of references to anime, particularly shonen and shoujo.  (Fusion dance, anyone?)
-EACH EPISODE IS FUCKING GORGEOUS OMG THE MUSIC AND THE BACKGROUNDS AND JUST OMG I HAVEN'T SPOTTED A SINGLE CLICHE PREMISE YET.

GO WATCH GIANT WOMAN.

DO IT.

NOW.

Last edited by OnlyInThisLight (04-12-2014 11:09:27 AM)

#470 | Back to Top04-14-2014 02:40:05 AM

crystalwren
Dark Whisperer
Website

Marathoning seven episodes of Hannibal. Am really into this; I was absolutely oblivious to the fact that it's already come out, so it means that I get my recipes in one fell swoop. I'm up to Episode Six AND HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK [SHE JUST FUCKED FUCKING HANNIBAL FUCKING LECTOR!!]

Last edited by crystalwren (04-14-2014 02:40:26 AM)

#471 | Back to Top04-16-2014 08:08:04 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Forum
Website

crystalwren wrote:

HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK

Hahaha, that's just the beginning. This season is ridiculous intense and this show is stupid amazing. I actually saw something that almost, almost squicked me out. Almost.

Also, the show made you start liking Chilton. How the hell did it do this? NOW I'M ROOTING FOR CHILTON??!!

"I'd like to remain not dead for the foreseeable future." PREACH ON MY WISE BROTHER. They've actually made him into The Fool, akin to Nanami and Saionji type characters. He is the only damn idiot who knows what's going on but no one believes him, thinks he's ridiculous, and he's only intermittently handling his knowledge with any wisdom or grace.

Ahem. I've never actually watched this because I've never been around or able to, but does anyone follow EuroVision? It's a yearly event, over 50 years old actually, that's basically a massive several day voting orgy of a concert where every European country submits an act and a song, they're played live for the competition, which is decided by a combination of judging and televoting. It is subject to all the things hugely European things are, like a notorious trend of countries voting for their friendly neighbors, and one or two trolling the event every year with the dumbest thing that happened in their country recently. Like I said, never watched it, but do follow it. Maybe I'll catch it this year, if my shifts agree. But anyway, this is Austria's troll of the year: Conchita Wurst,Rise Like a Phoenix. (Yes, 'Wurst' as in sausage.) The song is an amazing drag song, and actually one of the better tracks up this year that I've listened to. On one hand there's a Tumblr in me that thinks of this as exploitation, and on the other, the vast majority of me that's totally aware of how much fun this dude is having, given he doesn't even bother to shave. It's fantastic. (Isreal has slightly less trolled EuroVision with an actual transexual.)

Chiefest of Calamities

#472 | Back to Top04-26-2014 07:38:06 PM

crystalwren
Dark Whisperer
Website

Giovanna wrote:

crystalwren wrote:

HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK

Hahaha, that's just the beginning. This season is ridiculous intense and this show is stupid amazing. I actually saw something that almost, almost squicked me out. Almost.

Also, the show made you start liking Chilton. How the hell did it do this? NOW I'M ROOTING FOR CHILTON??!!

I know, right?! Why, god, why!? I actually felt sorry for the man when he got shot in the face. At first I went, "That poor bastard," and then I went, "What the hell is wrong with me?"

Last episode was...interesting. I'm uncertain how I feel about it, to the point where I broke down and wrote a ficlet about Randall Tier, trying to figure out what the fucking fuck. Am I the only one who thinks [that the animal suit is lifted straight out of 'Brotherhood of the Wolf'?] I loved the episode's surreal feel, it blended in so well with Will's mental disintergration, but still...[robotic animal suits.] I kind of feel like it's only just shy of jumping the shark.

#473 | Back to Top05-04-2014 02:37:44 AM

crystalwren
Dark Whisperer
Website

So I broke down and browsed the 'Hannibal' tag on Tumblr. Hannibal fans are now officially worse than Supernatural fans. Jesus fuck. How stupid are all of these people?

#474 | Back to Top05-04-2014 02:52:06 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Forum
Website

Haha, I don't know how Hannibal fans compare to Supernatural ones. There's definitely a lot of eyerolly shipping. I do appreciate the dark sense of humor you sometimes find in the fandom, but I haven't been keeping track.

I hear Tumblr isn't too terribly happy right now anyway. OH NOES WILL IS NOT A WEEABOO ANYMORE WAH. I'm a few episodes behind though, because we watch on Sundays with our buddies and I have magically worked every weekend for like the last month, and then last weekend was about getting baby boy kitty.

I don't give a rat's ass about getting spoiled, so I'm gonna ask, just spoiler tag it. Is Chilton alive?

Someone save Chilton. emot-frown

Chiefest of Calamities

#475 | Back to Top05-04-2014 03:25:19 AM

crystalwren
Dark Whisperer
Website

Giovanna wrote:

Haha, I don't know how Hannibal fans compare to Supernatural ones. There's definitely a lot of eyerolly shipping. I do appreciate the dark sense of humor you sometimes find in the fandom, but I haven't been keeping track.

I hear Tumblr isn't too terribly happy right now anyway. OH NOES WILL IS NOT A WEEABOO ANYMORE WAH. I'm a few episodes behind though, because we watch on Sundays with our buddies and I have magically worked every weekend for like the last month, and then last weekend was about getting baby boy kitty.

I don't give a rat's ass about getting spoiled, so I'm gonna ask, just spoiler tag it. Is Chilton alive?

Someone save Chilton. emot-frown

It's uncertain which way atm. There's been nothing said on the subject. Literally, at least in the show. I don't follow any of the Tweets or interviews. It's been a few episodes now and not a word either way. Personally I'm more inclined towards still alive, otherwise there's no point in all this vagueness.

The issue this week [was Margot, a book canon lesbian character sleeping with Will. Fuller has officially stated that Margot did it for the express purpose of getting knocked up and getting her own male heir to secure the family fortune, but people are still screaming about it. Corrective action! Misogyny! Homophobia! Racism! (No, wait scratch that last bit.) Why is it so hard to get their head around the concept that the woman did it because she wanted to get knocked up?! Oh, and Will might have murdered Freddie Lounds and fed her to Hannibal.] But that's, you know, details.

Also, Fuller is a fucking tease. According to the publicity shots it looked like [Alana Bloom scored a threesome with Will and Hannibal. It turned out to be a fantasy on Will's part, but it's very telling that Hannibal was in said fantasy.]

Honestly, these fans are worse than Supernatural in terms of batshit insanity, knee jerking, criticism, lack of rational thinking, ignoring flatly stated facts, flouncing, bitching, whining... about the only thing that is better than Supernatural is the merciful lack of RPF. RPF just turns my stomach.

Board footer